• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:09 PM

Hi all,

Please forgive my stupidity here but I am not technically inclined.

I D/L'd chloe from the mirror site on this forum, though I DID D/L with download accelerator if that matters, and what I GOT was:

A plane white box reading: ChloeMod-v12.rar - RAR File 6,293KB

Okay, uhm, do I just drop her in my BG2-SoA CHARACTERS file?

Like I said, I am new to this so please be kind when laughing in my face. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to use chloe but need to know how to install her.

Thanx

Minotaur In Maze :)
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#2 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:14 PM

You need to unpack the .RAR file into your BG2 directory with a program like WinRAR. Then, run setup-chloe.exe (or whatever it is called).
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#3 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:22 PM

The .rar file is a compressed file (similar to a .zip file), you need a program like WinRar to decompress it. You can download WinRar here

After you've done that and installed the program you can just double click on the "Chloe12.rar" file. Unpack the archive into your BG2 folder (i.e. D:\Games\BGII SoA\ ) and then run "Setup-Chloe.exe", located in your main BG2 directory (see example above). A DOS Box will appear; follow the instructions and everything should install fine. Be careful not to close the window while the mod is still installing.

#4 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 01:51 AM

Thanks everyone, it worked.

Forgive my dimness, i had no idea what a RAR file was. - Doh!

Minotaur
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#5 Terrym70

Terrym70
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:43 PM

I recently downloaded the Chloe v1 2 mod and attempted to install it in BG2. However everytime I try to extract it, I receive a message saying that there is no DIALOG.TLK. How do I setup or download it? :unsure:

#6 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:55 PM

I recently downloaded the Chloe v1 2 mod and attempted to install it in BG2. However everytime I try to extract it, I receive a message saying that there is no DIALOG.TLK. How do I setup or download it? :unsure:

The Setup-Chloe.exe file has to be in the main BGII - SoA\ directory. In other words, it should be in the same directory as Baldur.exe

Save a vampire. Give blood.