• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:22 PM

This mod is now hosted at here
The child of the lord of murder and a drow priestest, every ounce of blood in your body and every thought in the minds of those who watch you expects nothing less then pure destruction to come from your actions. The humans that raised you tried to turn you away from this path, but will this be enough for you to struggle to be good and earn the respect of those aginst you, or will you join your kin in the underdark and lead them to return and defeat those of the surface.

Sure, you can make a elven character with blue skin. There are even a few mods out that give u drow abilities. But every npc still considers you a normal elf even if they hate the drow with a passion, your not hunted in the same way as other drow on the surface (okay, pretty much just viconia) and u are still a surfacer to other drow.

fetures:
-New race: Drow (dark elves)
-new drow exclusive enemy encounters w/ fanatics and paladins (maybe also available if u have viconia or solefein in your party)
-altered/reworked romances for Aerie, Viconia and Amonen
-Realionship rework w/ party members based on your race. Your race can affect how you party members think of you and eachother
-alternate paths through chapter 5 and 7: work under the matron mother or betray her and take Ust Narath for yourself as you lead the drow into and conquer suldasar (you'll still showdown with Irenicus)
-hate talks, why should npcs get to trade all the insults
-alternate quest based dialouge

Tob version (if the first mod comes out this will follow)
-continued plots on how your party members react to your drowness
-fleshed out sendia character w/the possibility of siding with her against Mellisan
-while the locals may have more to worry about then your drowness, which ending you choose in soa while cause several encounters with powerful groups of gold elves or drow with tbd names and backstories

*npc romances
Aerie
-obviously the most changed due to her hatred for your race, Aerie will only be romanceable b/c in the circus tent she will believe that it is simply an illusion like her appearing as a ogre. once you complete the quest and remain a drow she will question how u seemed to be a good person and stay in the party but remain silent. After a little while she will slowly start to talk to u and eventually accept that despite you skin color you aren't the same as the drow that slaughter the avariel and it will branch into the main romance. She will not forget her hatred of drow and simply forget you are when, and she will still say bad things about the dark elves in which case you can get insulted.
Viconia- although she obviously dosn't have trouble accepting you as a drow (she is one herself) Vic will expect you too much like the other drow and be appaled at your lack of knowladge of drow customs. it is still possible to "redeem" her in tob, but she will also try to make it her goal to do the oppisite to you and make you more drow-like.
Amnoen-Will aproach you slower and with more caution, having heard of the evil potential of drow, but will not be that different early on. I'd like to add the possibillity to seduce and gain control of him later on like viconia describes in lovetalks, but i dont think it could work do to the fact that you have no formal drow teaching and havn't learned there "secrets"
Jahiera-not that different at all, just a couple of new lovetalks warning you that you do not need to become like the other drow

so, what do people think?

(edit, since mod is now being worked on removed refrences to not being worked on and cleaned up fetures list)

Edited by fallen_demon, 23 August 2004 - 05:55 PM.

"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#2 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:29 AM

Not bad.
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#3 Jerry

Jerry
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:03 AM

A drow PC may be killed on the street.

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:17 AM

At the Chosen of Mystra Forum (I think) they are working on a sub-races MOD. But still, that is work only on rules, not RPG'ing... which seems quite a really large work, more a TC than a MOD.
PS: the Sendai part (if implemented) should require Asc... But then again: if the Asc guy lose Sendai, they lose quite a lot... certainly more than they would with Balthy (Gromnir is enough a substitute for Balth).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#5 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:57 AM

At the Chosen of Mystra Forum (I think) they are working on a sub-races MOD. But still, that is work only on rules, not RPG'ing... which seems quite a really large work, more a TC than a MOD.

That is true. I would love to see such a mod but i don't believe i will ever see one. There where a lot of people who started work on that project and abandoned it...I don't know anything about coding and stuff but I think it is a bit harder to make such a mod than any new NPC...

The fact remains that I will wait for this mod and will help as I can.

Edited by Jenova, 11 May 2004 - 09:52 PM.

"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#6 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:13 PM

[QUOTE]A drow PC may be killed on the street. [/QUOTE]
if their weak
[quote name='Jenova' date='May 5 2004, 04:47 AM'] I don't know anything about coding and stuff but I think it is a bit harder to make such a mod than any new NPC...

The fact remains that I will wait for this mod and will help as I can. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='the bigg @ May 5 2004' date=' 12:07 PM'][QUOTE]it would be closer to a tc than a mod[/QUOTE]
Yah, i'd love to make this mod but i couldn't handle all of the writing and my moding knowladge dosn't extend beyond basic item editing, if a few people were to offer help however i'd give it a shot...

as for scale it wouldn't be quite a tc, although much larger than a npc, 3 times as many lovetalks, no new banters or character history, but larger plot branches than the sidequests in npc mod. i guess it would be closest to a larger mod such as sos, tdd or ts, but doable in steps (redux romances + minor encounters, then alternate soa ending and maybe a larger encounter or two, finally tob content).

If only it were possible to take care of that dammed tob oppening cutscene

Edited by fallen_demon, 05 May 2004 - 08:26 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#7 Valheru

Valheru

Ancient One

• 120 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:20 AM

Yeah I would love to play drow but they done it in the darkest day and not one dialogue was changed even Viconia still called me non drow so a MOD like this one will need a great amount of dialogue editing such as that snotty women in the Den of Seven Vales will not serve the pC casue it doesn't serve viconia and so on.
Thanks for picture Immy :)

#8 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:31 PM

wow, im horrible at lovetalks. I can do everything else just fine but, i just dont think what ive written in these is any good. Maybe there better then i thought so ive included some for aerie in case anyone wants to see.

Attached Files

Futurama quotes rock

#9 Jerry

Jerry
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:49 PM

I think someones shall attack PC just because PC is a drow.

#10 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

wow, im horrible at lovetalks. I can do everything else just fine but, i just dont think what ive written in these is any good. Maybe there better then i thought so ive included some for aerie in case anyone wants to see.

Hey, that sample was good. Perhaps You could make the PC more...nasty. You know, perhaps the main character was raised by monks but that doesn't mean he/she is good :rolleyes: There should be (like in the game) options for good, neutral and evil characters. For really BAD characters if You know what I mean (Aerie is an avariel. A drow would like to hurt her as much as possible). Well, that's my point of view. ;)
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#11 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:01 PM

sounds interesting, I would be interested in the mod as well. Being drow, I would like to hear what Elhan has to say. <_< Probably put a geas on my PC or what.

#12 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:15 PM

Hey, that sample was good. Perhaps You could make the PC more...nasty. You know, perhaps the main character was raised by monks but that doesn't mean he/she is good  :rolleyes: There should be (like in the game) options for good, neutral and evil characters. For really BAD characters if You know what I mean (Aerie is an avariel. A drow would like to hurt her as much as possible). Well, that's my point of view.  ;)

thanks i guess i was just being to hard on myself. I'll look into the more nasty thing, although i didn't think all of the options were that nice, hows this:

Aerie: You?re no better then the drow from the stories that eat avariel children.
pc: Drow are supossed to kill and eat avariel childeren, not a bad idea! (attacks aerie)

Edited by fallen_demon, 12 May 2004 - 01:16 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#13 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:37 PM

Decided to add "hate talks" with aerie if you decide to get on bad terms with her. plenty of oppurtunitees to threaten to kill her.

hatetalk 1 preview:
Aerie: the drow-bhaalspawn is a horrible person, if you can call them people, and an irresponsible leader. I move for someone else to take control.

Edwin: I like the way elf thinks, I fully accept the position of rule.

Minsc: I don?t have any problems with <CHARNAME>, but if we must select a new leader I vote for boo. His unquestionable wisdom will lead us through many great victories against evil!

(1) Aerie, I?m sorry for what I said before. I don?t know what I can do to make it up to you, but please give me another chance.
(2) Does anyone actually care what the Avariel has to say!
(3) And let me guess, you want to take control. Please, an entire army of Avariel couldn?t lead a dragon and demilich against a blind, crippled goblin.
(4) Well maybe I?d be a little nicer if you had something intresting to say: ?Oh, I?ll never fly again, I don?t know what ill do. I got to live like the rest of you. It hurt so much when they chopped my wings off. Your hair looks pretty. Do you like my hair. I think mines pretty. Did I mention I?ll never fly again. What do I do.? I used to wonder how my kind could do such horrible things. Now that I?ve met an Avariel I wonder how they could be so lenient.
(5) We?ll I?m in charge and I choose not to have the vote. On a more serious note our rate of killing Avariel is WAY to low.
(6) No. And don't talk out of line anymore. (slap aerie)(aerie takes 3 damage)
Aerie:
(1) I don?t know, I suppose everyone makes mistakes. (return to lovetalks)
(2-5) Aerie moves her mouth but is unable to form any words and falls to the ground crying. (continue hatetalks)

I think someones shall attack PC just because PC is a drow.

One step ahead of you, thats what i meant by the drow-exclusive encounters. i was just thinking random fanatics (not triggered randomly, just no plot porpuse) like the ons that were going to burn viconia, but if anyone has a better idea please post.

Edited by fallen_demon, 12 May 2004 - 01:37 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#14 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:36 PM

A more detailed hatetalk: #2 preview

Aerie: why are we even siding with this monster! How do we know Irenicus even deserves to be stopped. The more I hear about him being an enemy of <CHARNAME> the more I like the guy.
Imoen: Because he?s a demented evil bastard. Because every moment I spent as his prisoner, awake or asleep, was hell on Toril. What better reason does someone need to die? Does he need to have hurt you or your precious Quayle in some way? Are other peoples pain not enough? You?ve got your opinion but leave my brother out of this.

Jahiera: You would like the man simply because he is the enemy of someone who you don?t like. Irenicus took Khalid from me, and for that he will die and pay in the abyss for all eternity?aghh, balance, I need balance.

Minsc: The mage took Dharara (sp) from boo and I. Aerie may have become our new witch, but evil must still be crushed-ed. Crush evil!

(1) I know we?ve had our disagreements in the past but that?s no reason to side w/ my mortal enemies.
(2) What in the hells is wrong with you, this guy is a psycho!
(3) That?s right. Irenicus is a mass murdering-torturing-kidnaping-soul stealing-potential rapist, but I have blue skin and insulted a wingless wigned-elf. I?m obviously the bad-guy.
(4) Who cares about stopping Irenicus? I just want to know what kind of ?untapped potential? I have.
(5) No, I think Aerie has a good point. Irenicus is probably a very nice guy. All he did was take us prisoner, kill two of our allies, kidnap Imoen and now (is holding her captive/ has taken our souls)
(6) As horrible as being Irenicus? prisoner was, I?d do it all again just for you to be there two and here you scream. Its not even the physical pain. He could get inside your head. How would you like to relive loosing your wings again and again? or forget everything that happened and wake up to see them gone! Someday I?ll have that kind of power.
(7) If you hate me so much, WHY ARE YOU STILL IN MY PARTY
(8) (slap Aerie) what did I tell you about speaking when you aren?t spoken to? You kids today have no respect. (Aerie takes two damage)
Imoen:
(4 & 6) I love you bro, but what in the hells is wrong with you.
Aerie:
(1) (2) (5)I guess he has harmed others as well. So you both deserve to die. I greatly apologize for not recognizing that you are the lesser of two evils. (you are surprised, you didn?t expect Aerie to have enough spine to talk back to you.)(spine)
(3) obviously. (obvious)
(4) You are an even sicker man than I imagined. I wonder why they make drow sound so nice in the stories. (drow)
(6) (Aerie tries but starts panting heavily whenever she opens her mouth, and she is crying badly. Aparantley the very thought of loosing her wings again has made her hysterical. She looks around for comfort (and cries on Haer?Dalis/ and cries on Minsc/ but there in no-one there for her)
(7) most of the others here can still do much good, and I won?t let you corrupt them. (corrupt)
(8) (Crying hysterically) I?I?I?m old..er than you (age)

(spine)
(1) don?t ever talk back to me (slap Aerie)
(2) see, you shouldn?t judge people by race, just because I?m a drow and Irenicus is a?anyone know what Irenicus is anyway?
(3) Got a little fight in you, I like that in a woman
(4) No, I think you has a good point. Irenicus is probably a very nice guy. All he did was take us prisoner, kill two of our allies, kidnap Imoen and now (is holding her captive/ has taken our souls)
(5) As horrible as being Irenicus? prisoner was, I?d do it all again just for you to be there two and here you scream. Its not even the physical pain. He could get inside your head. How would you like to relive loosing your wings again and again? or forget everything that happened and wake up to see them gone! Someday I?ll have that kind of power.
(6) If you hate me so much, WHY ARE YOU STILL IN MY PARTY
Obvious
(1) you do know I was kidding, right?
(2) Alright, I?m the bad-guy and Aerie is the sole defender of justice and goodness, we just finished the climatic final battle and now I?ve come back in the sequel to help her fight a new bad-guy named Jon Irenicus. Can we go now?
(3) chicks dig bad boys, right?
(4) As horrible as being Irenicus? prisoner was, I?d do it all again just for you to be there two and here you scream. Its not even the physical pain. He could get inside your head. How would you like to relive loosing your wings again and again? or forget everything that happened and wake up to see them gone! Someday I?ll have that kind of power.
(5) If you hate me so much, WHY ARE YOU STILL IN MY PARTY

Drow
(1) Not funny.
(2) Because they haven?t met me
(3) It?s a trick. You underestimate us so you never expect it when we steal your spleens

Corrupt
(1) So you intend on turning my own allies against me?
(2) Leave the party, now. (kick Aerie)
(3) As horrible as being Irenicus? prisoner was, I?d do it all again just for you to be there two and here you scream. Its not even the physical pain. He could get inside your head. How would you like to relive loosing your wings again and again? or forget everything that happened and wake up to see them gone! Someday I?ll have that kind of power.
(4) (push Aerie to the ground, hard)(Aerie takes damage equal to 2x your strength)

(1) well in that case, thank you for sharing your wisdom oh mighty wise one. Your long life experience in the circus with your slavemaster quayle is so much greater than mine. I apologize I can?t offer as much life-wisdom as you.
(2) Are you, I could never tell from how you look or act

Obvios
Minsc: (2) Minsc and Boo are defenders of justice too! (boo)
Aerie
(1) Funny, you only tell the truth as a joke
(2) Of course, lead the way oh most terrible leader
(3) Bite me

drow
(1) not meant to be.
(2) For once I agree with you
(3) While you steal our what? What do you want with our spleens? (spleens)
Corrupt
Edwin: (1) damnit woman, undermining monkey-boy here?s my job
Aerie
(1) that?s right, stop me if you can, they?ll relize whats right in the end
(2) goodbye, anyone with me?(bye)
Minc: I have to smite Irenicus, but i also must protect my witch. Oh boo, what should I do
Aerie: you do what you have to do Minsc, I?ll be safe at the circus. Just don?t listen to a word <CHARNAME> says.
Minsc: goodbye Aerie
Aerie: bye minsc
(4) oww
(1-2) (Aerie starts to walk away and then stops and swings her weapon backwards and into you pelvic region. She chants a few words and removes any permanent damage but you are left with more pain then you ever thought possible) the conversation is over.

Spleens
(1)never mind?
(2) That?s right, you haven?t heard. Us Drow are spleen vampires. We have no spleens of our own so we steal from other elves. Its fun, you should try it.

Aerie:
(1) fine then
(2) alright then
Futurama quotes rock

#15 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:34 AM

I used to wonder how my kind could do such horrible things. Now that I?ve met an Avariel I wonder how they could be so lenient.

I like that one :D

But I was just wondering...would Aerie even stay with the PC if he would harm her? :huh: I see only one moment for those "hatetalks" and it is the moment when You decide to break te romance. Than after a couple of days she would start such talk but...she would run away after she got hit. I can see Jaheira or Viconia (Anomen would get a heart attack after a quarrel with a she-drow :P ) have a couple of "hatetalks" but Aerie would break down after the first one.

Being drow, I would like to hear what Elhan has to say.  Probably put a geas on my PC or what.

:lol:

Edited by Jenova, 13 May 2004 - 04:36 AM.

--Hippocrates

#16 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:01 PM

I like that one 

thanks

But I was just wondering...would Aerie even stay with the PC if he would harm her?  :huh: I see only one moment for those "hatetalks" and it is the moment when You decide to break te romance. Than after a couple of days she would start such talk but...she would run away after she got hit. I can see Jaheira or Viconia (Anomen would get a heart attack after a quarrel with a she-drow  :P ) have a couple of "hatetalks" but Aerie would break down after the first one.

i disagree completely. Yes, aerie is emotionally weaker than viconia or jahiera, but that is what would stop her from being able to leave the party, she could complain about youre actions but would have a lot more trouble turning directly against you.
And besides, even if you are the leader, keep in mind you are one person in a party of six. If she can stay in a party with viconia or korgan to stay with the pc, why couldn't she stay w/ a party with an evil drow pc in hopes of other party members still supporting you.

and aren't you the one who told me to make the pc more nasty?

Edited by fallen_demon, 13 May 2004 - 02:04 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#17 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:44 AM

and aren't you the one who told me to make the pc more nasty?

Yes I did but in the "lovetalks". I wanted more options in the romance not a seperate road for the PC... what You do is a another anti-romance desined for evil character.
--Hippocrates

#18 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

but if its just make it in the romance theres only one chance to be mean to her and then its over, wheres the fun in that, i mean, should someone that wants to be horrible to aerie romance her just to see what options come up later.
Futurama quotes rock

#19 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:35 PM

I think this thread too, should be added to the "Frequently Occuring Mod Ideas" thread. I've seen this one several times (at different places though). :)

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#20 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:33 PM

I think this thread too, should be added to the "Frequently Occuring Mod Ideas" thread. I've seen this one several times (at different places though). :)

-Galactygon

Maybe i'm just a delusional young modder, but i actually plan on finishing this one. In any case do you know if anyones done work on a mod like this and then abbandond it, i was thinking maybe with there permission i could salvage it.
Futurama quotes rock