The Dark Elves

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:33 AM

Sorry if im critizising everything you say jenova, i actually really appreciate the feedback, but don't worry

Hey, that's Your mod I am here just to help :)

Korgan-will hate you for it, the least accepting of anyone.  I know people will argue this but check out his viconia banters and tob epilouge.  he hates drow.

I agree on this one but (don't worry, I always have a lot of "buts" ;) ) Korgan could find a way to "like" the PC. I bet he heard how exelent are drow warriors...

Anomen- distrusting at first due to things he has heard, but not thathard to prove otherwise.

Maybe distrusting but I can imagine how he would react on a she-drow... ^_^ especialy after he fails his Test...

jan- i don't have the slightest clue

I think he just don't cares who is the PC, Jan is just looking for good fun :D

Haer'dalis-given his fiendish acestry he can't really judge you for your race, but will side with Aerie if you become enemies with her.

Well, I don't know...HD is a strange person :wacko:

Edwin-I  highly doubt a red wizard of thay would be wary of someone belonging to an evil race. if anyone disagrees please post.

He could be a bit jealous about a drow-mage... dark elves are suppose to be very good at Art

Viconia-while other characters may worry about you becoming like the other drow, Viconia worries that your being raised on the surface may have made you soft.  She does her best to educate you about your heritage

I strongly agree!

Edited by Jenova, 17 May 2004 - 05:48 AM.

"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#22 Neveah09

Neveah09
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:07 AM

Great dialogue writing imo. I really hope you go through with this, because I was all excited when I heard you could play as a drow in Icewind Dale... but all you really get is Day blindness (maybe you could have that in your mod?) and a couple interjections here and there... and also the lack of party interaction made it all the more unappealing, but hey, this isn't an Icewind Dale forum :P .

Sounds interesting so far :) good luck with this, it'll definetely add a lot more depth to the game.

#23 Valheru

Valheru

Ancient One

• 120 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:13 AM

as the NPC has never really been to the underdark it won't have as many abilities as normal drow.

If you are going to give this MOD a go then I truly envy your patience because it will take a whole lot of implementing dialogues!
Thanks for picture Immy :)

#24 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:20 AM

but all you really get is Day blindness (maybe you could have that in your mod?)

as the NPC has never really been to the underdark it won't have as many abilities as normal drow.

That's right. CHARNAME is living his entire life in the daylight so it would be...strange to have him blind. But I'm not sure if that is one of the drow abilities or just something that they got used to. :huh:
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#25 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:27 AM

If you are going to give this MOD a go then I truly envy your patience because it will take a whole lot of implementing dialogues!

I am no modder, but I think I would start from writing only for party members than when it would be scripted (or something, I really don't know) I would start to thnik about "the whole world" reactions on a drow... :unsure:

wow, i just grassped how much writing this is going to require.

Yeah I quess so, but we all will keep helping and cheering You up ^_^
--Hippocrates

#26 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:46 AM

I would start from writing only for party members than when it would be scripted (or something, I really don't know) I would start to thnik about "the whole world" reactions on a drow... :unsure:

Thats the plan. And ive also got to do how everyone thinks of you individually then how it changes there reactions to eachother.
that way i can create the illusion that im making progress and it will ever be finished.

I've updated the first post with a revised/cleaned up fetures list (i know, i should be writing dialouge instead.

agree on this one but (don't worry, I always have a lot of "buts"  ) Korgan could find a way to "like" the PC. I bet he heard how exelent are drow warriors...

i don't know, Korgan never struck me as one of those "honerable" genecidal maniac warriors. He lives to fight but as long as he gets gold i don't think he really respects others for there skills. more just bloodthirsty, greedy, perveted and drow-hating. but i might be remembering something wrong or missing a banter with someone who wasn't in my party, but in any case i was thinking if you were the kind of elf he would like he would just use it in banters, but if you pissed him off enough it could get violent. On the other hand, one party member turning hostile dosn't ussually work because the other 5 would just overpower him eassily. MAybe he could just leave but come back w/ some dwarven friends

Edited by fallen_demon, 17 May 2004 - 10:03 AM.

"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#27 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:52 AM

that way i can create the illusion that im making progress and it will ever be finished.

:(

If there is anything that I could do I am Your's to command :P I can help You with some dialog writing or something that not includes coding...
--Hippocrates

#28 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

i was just joking but i could definitley use help writing. Anything would help, but i could definitly use help with hd or cernd, who i never had in my party for long enough to really get a sense of there personalities (notice how my cerned preview is essentially parts from a few other guys stuck together). Or i definitly need a jan writer 'cause i never liked the guy much and i'd rather have him portrayed by someone who did.
Futurama quotes rock

#29 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

i was just joking but i could definitley use help writing. Anything would help, but i could definitly use help with hd or cernd, who i never had in my party for long enough to really get a sense of there personalities (notice how my cerned preview is essentially parts from a few other guys stuck together). Or i definitly need a jan writer 'cause i never liked the guy much and i'd rather have him portrayed by someone who did.

As for Jan I can't help You...he is still in jail :rolleyes:

I would gladly help with HD and perhaps Cernd but I'm not good at all that nature stuff... <_<
--Hippocrates

#30 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:48 AM

hd or cernd would be great, but if you want to write for any of the others except Aerie (ive tackled her already) that would still be very helpful, i'm just saying the ones i couldn't do.

And hell yeah the forums reached two pages, i'm so proud.

Edited by fallen_demon, 17 May 2004 - 10:52 AM.

Futurama quotes rock

#31 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:14 AM

hd or cernd would be great, but if you want to write for any of the others except Aerie (ive tackled her already) that would still be very helpful, i'm just saying the ones i couldn't do.

Certenly, just say what You need and I will do my best :D

And hell yeah the forums reached two pages, i'm so proud.

Yeah B)
--Hippocrates

#32 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:43 PM

at least it sounds like you would be able to do hd best so start with that.

By the way, does anyone have any custom drow portraits i could use. On its own the game only has a single female portrait and its viconia's. NWN has a couple and i was going to include them but some orrigionals would be nice.
Futurama quotes rock

#33 -Guest 56-

-Guest 56-

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:34 PM

http://www.kirith.co...ry=elf&gender=m

Has some good portraits, "Nightin" in elf male section looks to be a cool for a drow

#34 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:36 PM

tnx, do u know were i can contact the owner of the site, i don't just want to take things w/o permission.
Futurama quotes rock

#35 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

Contact Kirith here.
--Hippocrates

#36 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:12 AM

Oh, and I was just wondering...do You plan to make a brand new Viconia romance? In the original BG she doesn't romance with any elf... but I guess that is no problem for a MOD-maker ^_^
--Hippocrates

#37 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:34 PM

Oh, and I was just wondering...do You plan to make a brand new Viconia romance? In the original BG she doesn't romance with any elf... but I guess that is no problem for a MOD-maker ^_^

wasn't aware that she dosn't romance elves, but i suppose she would have to change. And none of the romances are completely brand new, they weave in and out of existing lovetalks, but viconia should be changed as much as anyone.
Futurama quotes rock

#38 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:51 PM

And none of the romances are completely brand new, they weave in and out of existing lovetalks, but viconia should be changed as much as anyone.

Jaheira, Aerie and Ano should get just a modified romance but Viconia has to have a new one. As I said, this will be somehing new to her :)
--Hippocrates

#39 -Guest 56-

-Guest 56-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:05 PM

And a new epilogue I hope? :D

#40 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

was hoping to salvage more but just looked over Viconia's dialouge and i suppose she will need a mostly new romance. The parts about her past will contain the same info but i supose she will be saying them for a different audiance so the style would be different in some parts. as for the epilouge i wasn't planning on touching tob until i get an soa version of the mod out, which won't be for a while. was planning to get a lot done tonight but I'm getting i lot of writers block.

btw, i was thinking. Origionally i thought since Viconia will be pressuring you to use your power and embrace your roots and she would want you to side with the drow. but Ust Narath worships lolth right? to say the least viconia has a bad history with lolth and her supporters gaining a huge victory would piss off Vic's godess Shar right. Especially as a Cleric she would be opposed to that. I want to implant the alternate ending, but it might work out turning everyone but an indifferent Edwin against you.
Futurama quotes rock