The Dark Elves

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#41 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:06 PM

Viconia's first two lovetalks work just as well for a drow. Of course number three was a discussion of how there is nothing redeemable about the human race so it had to be completly scrapped for this new one about your potential. Enjoy:<_<

Viconia: What do you care of this rivvil Imoen? Why risk so much and go so far to rescue someone who?s company, if anything, weakens you? Or is there something else you wish to gain from her?
(1) I seem to remember saving you from being burned alive recently? Should I have left you to that fate?
(2) Imoen?s like a sister to me. I couldn?t possibly leave her to suffer?
(3) * Why risk so much and go so far to rescue someone who?s company, if anything, weakens me?* Is power all you crave? Have you no sense of decency?
(4) Imoen is just a bonus on the way. The mage Irenicus is the one I seek. He says he can untap my potential.
(5) Yes, you might say there is more I desire from her.
(6) Rivvil?
Viconia:
(1) I?m grateful for what you did, but you were in the area and it was a simple task. How do you even know the rivvil is still alive? What if you go through all of this to find her dead? (dead)
(2) ?(3) Spoken like a true rivvil. You do relize your one of us right?(us)
(4) And you would go back into the hands of your captor in hopes of gaining power from it? (power)
(5) You intend to make Viconia jealous? (jealous)
(6) Human, do you know nothing of our tounge? (tounge)
Dead
(1) She can?t die.
(2) I won?t let that happen.
(3) Sometimes bad things happen. We just have to keep going and hope for the best.
Us
(1) us?
Power
(1) I can?t just run away from my enemies. That is power I may need to protect myself in the future.
(2) No, I suppose you are right, it is foolish
(3) Power that could one day allow me to fulfill Alundo?s prophecies? Power that I need for a destiny that makes the gods themselves tremble? Is any amount of immediate pain and suffering not worth that?
Jealous
(1) And what if I am?
(2) Not at all. I thought not being limited to one on one relationships was part of our culture.
Tounge
(1) I seem to remember saving you from being burned alive recently? Should I have left you to that fate?
(2) Imoen?s like a sister to me. I couldn?t possibly leave her to suffer?
(3) * Why risk so much and go so far to rescue someone who?s company, if anything, weakens me?* Is power all you crave? Have you no sense of decency?
(4) Imoen is just a bonus on the way. The mage Irenicus is the one I seek. He says he can untap my potential.
(5) Yes, you might say there is more I desire from her.
(6) how could I? I was raised by *rivvil*
NPC: Dead
Jahiera: (1)-(2) Is that true? Those important to you are immortal, nothing can happen to them? Did Khalid mean nothing to you? Are your loved ones so much more important? Was my husband not worthy of your almighty not wanting him to die.
Viconia
(1)-(2) Are you truly that foolish or are you blinded by the emotions the Rivvil forced on you? (drow)
(3) Hmm? the rivvil emotions have effected you, but your mind remains clear. Phearhaps there is still room for Gorian?s corruption to be shaken.(drow)
Us
(1) The drow. The dark elves. The rulers of the underdark. You are one, aren?t you? (drow)
Power
(1) Hmm? the rivvil emotions have effected you, but your mind remains clear. Phearhaps there is still room for Gorian?s corruption to be shaken.(drow)
(2) Then you are even weaker than I imagined. Countless have died fighting for less power than your capable of and you won?t even fight for it.(drow)
(3) I am impressed. In time you will make a worthy heir to both your parents. (drow)
Jelous
(1) Then you are succeeding, but you have much to learn of your culture before I show you its forbidden secrets.(drow)
(2) True, but I was afraid you were one of the rivval now(drow)
Tounge
(4) then you have much to learn of your roots(drow)
PC: drow
(1) should I want to be more like my kin? From what I hear they are little more than child sacraficing demon worshipers.
(2) And I suppose you want to be the one to teach me?
Viconia:
(1) then you have heard nothing. It is true that we do these things but you hear of them from the ears of humans, they understand nothing. When you truly learn of us you will see.
(2) Yes I do. You have potential that any reverend mother would gladly sacrifice all of there children for, but inside you are still a rivvan and this is holding you back. Once you become a drow nothing will stop you.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#42 -Guest 56-

-Guest 56-

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:14 AM

Sounds good from a glance :)

Viconia: What do you care of this rivvil Imoen? Why risk so much and go so far to rescue *someone* who?s company, if anything, weakens you? Or is there something else you wish to gain from her?

Maybe switch *someone* for *imoen* remove imoen from first sentence???
doesnt rivvil mean human?

#43 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:39 PM

Maybe switch *someone* for *imoen* remove imoen from first sentence???
doesnt rivvil mean human?

Viconia: What do you care of this rivvil? Why risk so much and go so far to rescue Imoen, who?s company, if anything, weakens you? Or is there something else you wish to gain from her?

don't really like the way imoen sounds in the second sentance, but i guess it is unnessesary in the first. i'll play around with it later
Futurama quotes rock

#44 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:39 PM

writers block and insomnia again. Usually claiming i'm making progress gives me ideas to back up the claims so here it goes:
I've divided the mod progress into phases. It moves slowly but does move and hopefully i can keep people updated this way.currently i have no plans of phase by phase realease but if there is a demand.
phase 1: party interaction w/ pc. This is where the fact that the pc is a drow (and what they say) affects there relationship w/ a given npc party member. I've written all the new dialougesfor Aerie but still need to go through what i plan on keeping and check for continuity and add more options. I've started viconia but she will be the hardest to write so i think i'll put her on hold and get some with very few dialouge changes out of the way. anyone that would like to help write for any npcs is both welcome and greatly appritiated.
phase 2-banters how each party members relationship w/ you can change affects there relationships with eachother. So loads of new and altered interparty banters.
phase 3-dialouge linking. If you dont like the way npc's are bantering, you will be able to jump right in with interjections, and expect them to do the same for your dialouges
phase 4-the rest of the world the shortest to summarize but the longest to make, countless non-party npc, npnpc lol (i really need sleep) from the fanatics that try to kill Viconia to bad-guy Irenicus himself will have something to say about your dark elveness.
Futurama quotes rock

#45 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:46 PM

(1) Hmm? the rivvil emotions have effected you, but your mind remains clear.  Phearhaps there is still room for Gorian?s corruption to be shaken.(drow)

Gorian...? :unsure:

anyone that would like to help write for any npcs is both welcome and greatly appritiated.

I almost finished writing the HD/PC banter. I just have to read it once more and see if it has any sense :P Should I post it on this forum or send it on Your e-mail?
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#46 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:40 PM

Gorian...?  :unsure:

Gorian was your foster father and the one that would have raised you to be human-like, but i guess that should be more clear.

I almost finished writing the HD/PC banter. I just have to read it once more and see if it has any sense  :P Should I post it on this forum or send it on Your e-mail?

I'd rather check it from emale but if you also want to post it on this thread to see what people think (which i find helpful but it probably annoys the hell out of others to have random people commenting on there work) feel free.

And making sense isn't that important.

Edited by fallen_demon, 20 May 2004 - 01:52 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#47 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:16 PM

All the coments on the vic talk were on the structure of sentances, that mean everyone liked the content
Futurama quotes rock

#48 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:22 PM

Gorian was your foster father and the one that would have raised you to be human-like, but i guess that should be more clear.

Yeah, I know who GORION was... ;)

I'd rather check it from emale but if you also want to post it on this thread to see what people think (which i find helpful but it probably annoys the hell out of others to have random people commenting on there work) feel free.

I will send it to You. If You will like it You will post it, if not then there is no sense in showing it, is it? :) There is one problem...I believe that I can't attach any files to Your e-mail...any ideas?

Edited by Jenova, 20 May 2004 - 11:01 PM.

"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#49 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:56 AM

As long as I am waiting for any reply I might as well tell that I started (and almost finished) one Imoen. When I will finish it I will start to write some more banters for HD and maybe some class-specified banters for others. Is that OK with You Fallen Demon?
--Hippocrates

#50 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

wasn't thinking about class-specific banters but sure, i've got no problem including them. As for the attachment problem you could copy/ paste into the email or just post it here.
sadly i've got finals for the rest of the month so won't be able to get much done, but after that, nothing to do for a month but mod and catch up on sleep.
Futurama quotes rock

#51 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

wasn't thinking about class-specific banters but sure, i've got no problem including them. As for the attachment problem you could copy/ paste into the email or just post it here.
sadly i've got finals for the rest of the month so won't be able to get much done, but after that, nothing to do for a month but mod and catch up on sleep.
Futurama quotes rock

#52 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:30 PM

OK I sent two benters to You, hope You will like them. Please feel free to edit or correct them.

sadly i've got finals for the rest of the month

Wish you luck! :)
--Hippocrates

#53 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:14 AM

I have a question for all Jan fans! :)

He is a thief/illusionist, right?
Is he acting more like a thief or a mage? :unsure:
--Hippocrates

#54 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:52 AM

Jenova, I havn't had a chance to go through your banters thourally yet but i just looked through them and they look great, except why does Immie talk about you sacraficing fellow bhaalspawn, shouldn't it be fellow drow?
Futurama quotes rock

#55 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:55 AM

how do you edit the line of dialouge under your avatar
Futurama quotes rock

#56 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:16 AM

how do you edit the line of dialouge under your avatar

Well, it's in Your profile options. It's called "custom member title"

Jenova, I havn't had a chance to go through your banters thourally yet but i just looked through them and they look great, except why does Immie talk about you sacraficing fellow bhaalspawn, shouldn't it be fellow drow?

Thank You :) And as for that sacrafices...I thought that it is much easyer to find a bhallspawn than a drow on the surface ;)
--Hippocrates

#57 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

Thank You  And as for that sacrafices...I thought that it is much easyer to find a bhallspawn than a drow on the surface

true.

Is he acting more like a thief or a mage?

He acts like sort of like a senial old man. I guess there tend to be more old mages than thiefs so mage.
Futurama quotes rock

#58 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:37 AM

He acts like sort of like a senial old man. I guess there tend to be more old mages than thiefs so mage.

I was asking because I need him to intercjet in one banter I didn't know how would he react ;)

And how are my banters? Are they alright? If not please tell me what is wrong so I won't make any such mistakes in the future ^_^
--Hippocrates

#59 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:33 AM

Some grammar stuff but i can fix that easily enough, otherwise the content is great, quite worrying.
Jan would probally tell a story about his uncle being/knowing a drow.
And this post is on page three! The highest numbered page yet.

Edited by fallen_demon, 23 May 2004 - 08:35 AM.

Futurama quotes rock

#60 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:55 AM

Some grammar stuff but i can fix that easily enough, otherwise the content is great, quite worrying.

I'm a foreign speeker so I think You can forgive me that ;)

Jan would probally tell a story about his uncle being/knowing a drow.

He has the same talent to tell long and pointless stories as I do so I quess that will be easy enough :lol:

And this post is on page three! The highest numbered page yet.

^_^

Edited by Jenova, 23 May 2004 - 08:56 AM.

--Hippocrates