22 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:34 PM

The Redemption mod has been updated to new version - 1.2.0

The new version adds an inventory bam to Irenicus's animation, it also has new optional portrait - the one I am going to use in LR/R.

Irenicus now has proficiency in daggers and lore 120. I also fixed a few odd typos etc.

Please keep me informed of any new bugs!

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:35 PM

http://www.onlinefic...Redemption.html

is the mod URL

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

http://www.onlinefic...Redemption.html

is the mod URL

It still says Version 1.13. Is that just unchanged typing?

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#4 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:02 PM

Argh, I thought I changed it everywhere... the zip and the exe files both named properly... Do you see 1.1.3 during the install? If it is so, then tell me at what step. The Readme file should say 1.2.0 ...

In any case I am checking now.

Edited by dorotea, 09 May 2004 - 05:03 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#5 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:06 PM

I re-checked all the files and the download site. It is v 1.2.0 everywhere... Please make sure you removed old Setup.exe and Setup.tp2!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#6 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:56 PM

I re-checked all the files and the download site. It is v 1.2.0 everywhere... Please make sure you removed old Setup.exe and Setup.tp2!

Oops. My computer was caching the page. I didn't catch that. Sorry for the confusion.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#7 -ywpark89-

-ywpark89-

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:18 AM

I deleted the history, cookies, and the temporary internet files but I'm still getting only version 1.1.3.

And 1.2 works with BP-BGT-NEJ, right?

#8 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:27 AM

Will test when I get home. Hmm, this is disturbing. I hope I did not delete all the copies of the v 1.2 for some weird reason...

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

I fixed the download page -- finally, so that v 1.2 is available again. v1.1.3 was compatible with BP etc, but it lacked an inventory paperdoll bam.

Edited by dorotea, 18 September 2004 - 04:12 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 -Gaias-

-Gaias-

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:04 PM

Now I did see that you did mention that this mod is compatable (or as compatible as any mod can be ^_^ ) with BP-BGT-NEJ (or was it just straight BP?). When I install this mod (I also have Bone Hill and Unfinished Business installed with BP) I get this weird error when I try to run BG "An Assertion failed in ChSould.cpp at line number 4905". I was just wondering if you have any knowledge about such an error. Now I am fully aware that one of the mods that I have installed is conflicting with redemption... I was just wondering if you mayhaps have some type of workaround too get it to work. Not that I am expecting you to just want all these mods to work (that is relative of course!) together to create a completely new xperiece of BG.

Thank you for your time.

Gaias

#11 -Gaias-

-Gaias-

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:08 PM

Sorry that was suppose to be "An Assertion failed in ChSound.cpp at line number 4905"

#12 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:11 PM

Hmm, it seems as if whole bunch of errors is popping up with BP-Redemption combo... I just fixed one related to the Ascension being hardwired into BP. But I cannot be sure if this is also the problem you are having.

An Assertion failed in ChSould.cpp at line number 4905 is a weird error message. I seem to remember that it happend upon trying to install a ToB mod onto the game without ToB or some such. I am going to copy paste your question to BP forum.

See if you can send me your weidu.log file -- maybe there were some installation errors.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#13 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:15 PM

Ah, if it was the sound related issue than it is even worse. Redemption adds 1 extra Song to the Music folder... But it is only 1. Can you check if you have MxTrem1A.acm file in the music\MxTrem1 folder in your main dir?

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#14 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

BP/BGT/NeJ Maxs out the music. In the next version can you change it to a wave file in the override folder?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#15 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:35 PM

I don't think it is possible -- the file is acm and is too long... Besides I am not sure if PlaySong() can be replaced with PlaySound() as easily... even if I can make an ogg and add ogg2wav... The easiest way would be to remove the song altogether and live without it in this particular package.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#16 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

BP/BGT/NeJ Maxs out the music. In the next version can you change it to a wave file in the override folder?

Or perhaps BG/BGT/NeJ could make some compatability concessions itself, hmmm? ;) Having to work around mods that max out or do weird things, such as the BG/BGT/NeJ behemoth does with music or Refinements does with kits and display icons, can be very frustrating for a modder. Especially when the mod isn't one you use (because contrary to popular belief not everyone plays BG/BGT/NeJ), and the issue is one that the other mod could address with a little consideration. :)

In short, compatability is a good thing - but some of the demands I see people foisting on other modders to force compliance are not something I am too hot on.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#17 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 08:16 PM

I know not everyone plays BP or BP/BGT/NeJ

'Or perhaps BG/BGT/NeJ could make some compatability concessions itself, hmmm?' What do you think BP is all about? It is a compatability concession. I made no demans, but asked a question. The main thing I would like modders to do is when they make a new mod to do whet they can to make it more compatable. There are a few BP modders that seem to be happy to work with others to make a patch to make things work. I know not every mod will work with BP, but making mod A work with mod G is a good thing.

And if you don't want to change things just say no. No hard feelings from me.

Edited by Chevalier, 18 September 2004 - 09:32 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#18 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:35 AM

I wasn't getting at you specifically. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:10 PM

The File MxTrem1A.acm that you requested I look for in my dir/music file is there. I by no means am asking for compatibility, for I can do a clean install of SOA/TOB to play this mod. I was just curious if you knew what this error was (and I was educated about it), and "if" you encountered this error in your own experience and had a workaround that I could do myself (provided that it wasn't too complicated in instructions for a simpleton like me to follow :) ).

#20 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:36 PM

As Chev has mentioned, the combination of the mods you are playing maxes out the Song list... ( there cannot be more than 100 Songs in this list, or at least that is how I understand this.)

The crude and simple way to fix this might be to edit the Redemption tp2 file -- by editing out ADD_MUSIC function... This will mean that you can play the mod but it will be mute in the otherwise 'vocalised' scenes.

Basically doing this:

//add music
//MKDIR ~music/MxTrem1~
//COPY ~redemption/music/MxTrem1.mus~ ~music/MxTrem1.mus~
//COPY~redemption/music/MxTrem1/MxTrem1A.acm~
//~music/MxTrem1/MxTrem1A.acm~
//ADD_MUSIC ~MxTrem1~ ~redemption/music/MxTrem1.mus~

and saving the tp2 should remove the extra song that is crashing your game, or so I think. Do this after Uninstall -- then re-install

aye -- and this too:

//REPLACE_TEXTUALLY 999996 ~%MxTrem1%~

Edited by dorotea, 19 September 2004 - 08:38 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes