• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:21 AM

Ariena is not yet released, but I hope to have an Alpha version of here finished within a month or so.

Some FAQ that I would reckon to come up:

Q: I looked at your site and Ariena is beautifull! What gives?

A: Though this is note stated in her history, she will mention if you continue to bug her about it that her mother is an Aasimar. She has the looks of her mother, though the skin of her dad. Her personality is what is draging her charisma down. If you want to have a laugh about it, have Yoshimo in the party.

Q: Is Ariena that much of a bitch that her charisma only becomes 10?

A: Yes trust me! It will be case of someone you would love to look at, but who should keep her mouth shut if you wanna stay in love.

Q: I can't find on you website what class Ariena will be.

A: She will be a pit fighter, a class made by Ghreyfain for the Ashes of Ember mod (I asked him if I may use it and he has agreed to it).

Q: Will her Alpha version have as many stuff as Kido's alpha version or will it be more.

A: It will have the same stuff as Kido's version, perhaps already the interjections added, depends on how well it goes. But she won't be finished when I will release her for the first time, that is for sure (not my style to keep people waiting that long).

Q: Say will Ariena romance an Half-Orc NPC, cause there aren't many who do that.

A: Romance? She? Perhaps.... if you want to call it like that :blink:

Any other questions? Feel free to ask

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#2 Surtr

Surtr

Nothing's better than fine cold magic from an Orc

• 55 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:22 PM

Here an question about her father. :P He is an Orc OK, but what for an Orc??

Atm, WoTC has made the Mountain Orcs (the standart ones: strong, brutal, stubid, lifes in the north, "favored class = barbar"), Orogs (also called Deep Orcs; the ones that lifes in the Underdark, stronger than mountain orcs, have more charisma, but less Dex, "favored class = Fighter"), Gray Orcs (Nomadic Orcs; similar to Mountain Orcs, but less strong and have more Wisdom, "favored class = Cleric") and the Tanarukks (Planetouched Orcs with the blood of the Tana'ri(Demons) in their veins, as strong as the mountain orcs and are very agile, but have even worse charisma than mountain orcs and lacks on wisdom, "favored class = Barbar" B) )

Edited by Surtr, 21 September 2004 - 04:46 PM.

#3 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

Here an question about her father. :P He is an Orc OK, but what for an Orc??

Atm, WoTC has made the Mountain Orcs (the standart ones: strong, brutal, stubid, lifes in the north, "favored class = barbar"), Orogs (also called Deep Orcs; the ones that lifes in the Underdark, stronger than mountain orcs, have more charisma, but less Dex, "favored class = Fighter"), Gray Orcs (Nomadic Orcs; similar to Mountain Orcs, but less strong and have more Wisdom, "favored class = Cleric") and the Tanarukks (Planetouched Orcs with the blood of the Tana'ri(Demons) in their veins, as strong as the mountain orcs and are very agile, but have even worse charisma than mountain orcs and lacks on wisdom, "favored class = Barbar" B) )

Aren't Orogs combination of Orcs and Ogres? I have this standing in an old AD&D manual.

Though Tanarukks might explain while she still can hold to the evil side, if you only look at the blood theory. This is quite imposssible cause they (mother and father) would kill eachother on site let along rape even if drunk or something

Now if we look at Ariena herself. She is a pitfighter, somewhat of a Barbarian and she has a brutal strength. Only conclusion would be the simple normal Mountain Orc.

How she came to be (normally they would kill eachother (the parents)) that is to much of a spoiler in this topic I reckon

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#4 Surtr

Surtr

• 55 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:35 AM

Those was an crossbreed of orc and ogre in the old AD&D. Now its different.
The Orogs are in the 3e D&D "Races of Fearun" book explained. :)
Here an small text abou the Orogs:
The Underdark is the chosen haunt of these terrible creatures, the orogs also known as Deep Orcs.. After thousands of years of survival in the harsh and dangerous Underdark, the orogs have changed to match their home, becoming more ferocious and better able to cope with the dangers found there. Physically, an orog looks similar to a large mountain-orc, except that the ears are somewhat larger, and the eyes are huge and pale. They average six and a half feet tall. They favor half-plate and full plate armor, which are typically adorned with armor spikes.

But not all Aasimare are good, similar like not all Tieflings are evil. They are even some crossbreeds out there of an mix of both. :blink: But Tanarukks would easily eat an Aasimar alive. They had a good training in it, because of their demon-masters long time ago in Hells Hood. ;)

It could be also possible that an charmant Orog sorcerer has a weakness for young female Aasimare and that he charm she in a manly way. :wub: After some time past, the young Aasimar gives birth to an female half-orc, but because of difficultnes by the birth the Aasimar died. The Orog didn't want the child and so he left it in the middle of nowhere. Because of some Duergars or an other race that helds itself slaves, the child becomes an Pit Fighter (and an too good one ;) ). She escaped from their masters and fleed to the survices world....
It could be possible, who knows. :P

And I'm not a friend of heavy spoilers. :lol:

Btw, I think Pit Fighters are more similar to an Fighter, than an Babarian.

Edited by Surtr, 22 September 2004 - 02:22 AM.

#5 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:10 AM

I'm sorry but BG2 works under AD&D and not under 3.0 or 3.5 rules, so I stick to the old ones.

I know not all Aasimars are good and not all Tieflings are bad. Even Chaonds need not be chaotic, but it is even harder for them not to be then for a Tiefling to be not evil.

And though thank you for the idea, but her history is already written.... some spoilers on that on the site. I reckon you ought to look at it.

[edit] Oh by the way, probably among the line of BG2 works with AD&D. It is the Pit Fighter kit from Ghreyfain (okay based on the fighter, but lifestyle (if any) is more like a barbarian))

How does it come you don't know that BG2 works under AD&D rules. Are you new to it? Or are you ignoring that? Or are you a friend of mine at home, who is bugging me? <_<

Edited by Deathsangel, 22 September 2004 - 08:13 AM.

#6 Surtr

Surtr

• 55 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:43 AM

I know that BG2 is setted in the old rules of D&D and I play it since 4 years ago, though I'm new in this forum here as you see. :P I simply like the newer rules more than the older ones, becaue there are more infos about orcs in it. :)

But wasn't the Ogrillions the crossbreed of Orc and Ogre in BG1, and not the Orogs? Its been long since I played it the last time...

#7 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:41 AM

I know that BG2 is setted in the old rules of D&D and I play it since 4 years ago, though I'm new in this forum here as you see. :P I simply like the newer rules more than the older ones, becaue there are more infos about orcs in it. :)

But wasn't the Ogrillions the crossbreed of Orc and Ogre in BG1, and not the Orogs? Its been long since I played it the last time...

Nope Ogrillion is cross-breed human Ogre. yeah I see that you are new to this forum. And I like it that your quite active her.

As a side point 3.5 rules are much better, but my mod ain't gonna chance they entire .exe of BG2, so I have to stick to AD&D rules

#8 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:48 AM

As a side point 3.5 rules are much better...

Ooh, that could start a flamewar. ;)

#9 Surtr

Surtr

• 55 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:26 AM

I never said that you should do an BG2 overhaul to an different D&D setting. :P In fact, I like it that you stick with the game settings, otherwise it would be summon much chaos in-game.
What I wanted, is just to give you more ideas for your great work here. :thumb:

And before it goes too much into OT - here are some question again, this time about Ariena: What for favored weapon has she, or what for weapon will she mainly use?
And could you please post somewhere the states of the Pit-Fighter kit, if possible?

Edited by Surtr, 23 September 2004 - 03:28 AM.

#10 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:09 AM

PIT FIGHTER: Whether by choice or by slavery, the Pit Fighter learned
the art of combat in the death pits of any large city in the world. The
Pit Fighter is a flashy combatant, not the least bit troubled to fight
fair, but suffers somewhat from the fact that they don't had the time to learn how to strike precise. Just as long as the could use the weapon tossed at them from the side of the pit.

Weapon Proficiencies:
- All melee weapons up to grand-mastery.
- All weapon styles, up the max attainable.
- The pit fighter may allocate points in the sling proficiency

Advantages:
- Starts with one proficiency point in all melee weapons.
- +1 to movement rate/5 levels.
- May use a "Dirty Trick" 1/day/4 levels: Target opponent must make a
save vs. Breath or suffer the effects of Blindness for 4 rounds. Save
vs. Breath has a penalty: -1 per 4 levels.
Ex. an 8th level Pit Fighter would cause a total of -2 to the enemy's
save.

Disadvantages:
- Can not become become proficient with ranged weapons.
- Can not use armor heavier than chainmail.
- -2 Damage with every attack.

This is a bit modified of Greyhfain's orginal Pitfighter. As lets them use only bolas (something also from the Ashes of Ember mod) and has a bit different text. The kit will probably be Ariena only.

She will favor morningstars, flails, bastard swords and halberds. She will have points allocated in two-handed weapon. two-weapon fighting style and perhaps. But thanks to the kit you can develop her to anything you like.

#11 Tamashi

Tamashi
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

Deathsangel :

AGH! No! NOOOOO! Deathsangel, comrade! Please do not hurt me with such painful untruths. Surely, it makes more sense to have weapon speeds, as it not more likely for a fighter to gain more attacks with the lighter dagger then the heavier scythe?

Stonewolf :

Ooh, that could start a flamewar. 

True, but that would be a waste of energy better spent on Imoen-related tasks, hrm?

Surtr :

What I wanted, is just to give you more ideas for your great work here.

Oh, I'm sorry! In that case, I'm sorry for being so curmedgeonly to you earlier! Can you ever forgive me? It's a natural impulse after working with Windows ME so long. ^_^;;

#12 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:32 AM

Deathsangel :

AGH! No! NOOOOO! Deathsangel, comrade! Please do not hurt me with such painful untruths. Surely, it makes more sense to have weapon speeds, as it not more likely for a fighter to gain more attacks with the lighter dagger then the heavier scythe?

Yep, that is better, but overal 3.5 is better with regards to classes, easy calculation etc.

[edit] I am pushing fans away of my own mod. Stop it, stop it! :bash: No not enough :bash: Almost, just one more time :wall: au, okay ehh..... :wacko: As I said weapon speeds are okay, they both have good points. Gonna go now. *goes into bed with an asparine against the headache* :lol:

Edited by Deathsangel, 18 October 2004 - 10:20 AM.

#13 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

I'm thinking about a change in the kit. More weepon proficiencies and a little slower upgrade of the movement rate. Like +1 movement/6 levels and +1 extra proficiency every 8 levels. Is this a bad idea? Overpowered? Feel free to comment.

#14 Surtr

Surtr

• 55 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:12 AM

I personally, like the old way of the kit as you've posted here before in this thread. So I would guess not to change it from what it is.

Maybe its just me, but faster is better in a fight of dead and life, than simply having many extra proficiency in different meele weapons.

#15 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:47 PM

Ariena: For all those reading-- remember she has not been released by the author but I think she is a very interesting NPC since there is no one like her in the 'official mods'.

She SHOULD make a comment if Salvanas (at the Copper Coronet) tries to seduce her and also, the Copper Coronet Slaver quest if you see the slavers anywhere in Amn she should comment and do somethng about it

Edited to add: Forgot about Madulf the orc in the Umar Hills and those orcs you find in the Windspear Hills. Other places for Ariena to interject though I can't picture Madulf trying to hit on her. There's also the orc mage in the Rakasha quest.

Edited by Diana, 09 April 2005 - 12:58 PM.

#16 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

What are her stats supposed to be?

#17 -Aristothenes-

-Aristothenes-

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:51 AM

Trying to find consistency between 1e, 2e, 3e, 3.5e?
Thou art wasting thy time.
1) Too many people involved in D&D.
2) Replaced/removed old hands
3) No room for continuity checking (especially in the games)
Just my opinion.
Always good to see another mod on the horizon. Good luck.

#18 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:43 AM

What are her stats supposed to be?

View Post

For this I point you to the website

Trying to find consistency between 1e, 2e, 3e, 3.5e?
Thou art wasting thy time.
1) Too many people involved in D&D.
2) Replaced/removed old hands
3) No room for continuity checking (especially in the games)
Just my opinion.
Always good to see another mod on the horizon. Good luck.

View Post

Well that isn't MftW's goal, just a little OT that got out of hand

#19 Surtr

Surtr

• 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

Quick question: Will Ariena have an special item that only she can use/wield, like Minsk&Boo, or Kido and his items (forgot what that was :blink: )?

I though before her fur armor was this special item, but since it can be used by others... this question bugged me a bit. :wacko:

#20 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

No special items, alike Jaheira. Ariena is poor and has no order or higher power to give her something only meant for her...