Photo

Worried about a Possible skip...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sesari

Sesari
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:26 AM

So, my party had just rested at an inn and I think that Chloe was trying to talk to my main character, but ended up talking to Nalia instead. (They had the conversation about gold distibution, I think) I heard her music going and things, but didn't think to re-load and figured that things would turn out okay if I just talked to Chloe and ask her to fix herself, so that's what I did.

However, I've been playing for a bit since then, and Chloe hasn't said anything new to me since, and I'm getting a little worried. Her LoveTalkTimer hasn't changed at all, and I'm afraid that it might have frozen up or something.

Here's the details via Shadow Keeper

CHLOEGTKUCR -1
CHLOEGTKUWHENCAMPINGCR 2
CHLOEHUMORCR 1
CHLOEINTEREST 13
CHLOEMILDFLIRTSCR 1
CHLOEQUESTIONSCR 15
CHLOEROMANCEACTIVECR 1
CHLOVELOVETALKSCR 7
CHLOELOVETALKSTIMERCR 1039296 (Hasn't changed despite hours of play)

Also, here's the CampPrayer thing, although I'm not sure if that's important or not. o_O'

CAMPPRAYERSCR 598932

Any ideas? I don't have a save from before we rested that night, but I've gotten pretty far in and really, really don't wanna have to start over.

Any help would be appreciated, thankies! ^_^'

Also, as a side-note... I absolutely adore this mod. It's really made the game worth playing all over again. Thank you so much for making it! :lol:

Edited by Sesari, 15 July 2004 - 02:27 AM.

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:08 AM

chloe romance 1 should be ok - i believe that means she is still getting to know you, 2 means she is romancing u, 3 means it has all gone wrong

chloe often speaks just as u rest, so try resting, if that fails try leaving it for an hour on pause, if she has anything to say, she should say it

#3 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:25 PM

No 1 means she's romancing you. No variable at all means she's getting to know you. 2 is an exclusive romance and that doesn't happen until the last lovetalk.

Your next lovetalk will only occur after Imoen has been rescued. So head to Spellhold and save your poor sister. :)

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#4 Sesari

Sesari
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

I thought that may be the case. Thankies so much! I'll head straight to Brynnclaw as soon as possible. ^_^

#5 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:02 AM

The bad thing is you won't have a "proper" proper romance untill the very end of SoA :mellow:

It's worth the play, though. :)

崇高滑稽
·

#6 Sesari

Sesari
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:38 AM

Hmm... I've gotten out of Spellhold, and Chloe and Sesari had a little talk in front of Immy, but I'm still a little concerned because the CHLoveTalksTimerCR isn't moving. Should I be worried about that? I've tried resting and such, but still no luck. I got the added flirts and things after rescuing Imoen, and Chloe got her sword upgrade from Akadia, but the fact that the timer isn't moving is really bugging me...

Here's my current values:

ChloeGTKUCR -1
ChloeGTKUWhenCampingCR 2
ChloeHumorCR 1
ChloeInterest 13
ChloeMildFlirtsCR 2 (Increased! :D)
ChloeQuestionsCR 15
ChloeRomanceActiveCR 1
ChloeRomanticCR 1 (New!)
ChLoveTalksCR 11 (Also Increased!)
ChLoveTalksTimerCR 1506407 (Changed after picking up Imoen, but isn't moving again. o_O')

And then the GTKUs...

GTKUFinishedCR 1
GTKUTimerCR 791388

And finally, the prayers...

CampPrayersCR 598932

Am I missing a value, or am I just impatient? I think that I just got so used to Chloe talking to me all the time that the awkward silence feels a little, well... awkward. ^_^'

I'm going to keep playing through and hope that she starts talking to me again, as I miss learning new things about her past and such, but please let me know if there's something I'm missing or should fix.

Thankies again!

(I think actually that my biggest concern is that we haven't had the post-rest talk where you can joke with Chloe about her picking you up over her shoulder. I think that's what she was trying to say way back when Nalia interrupted her, but I'm not sure. We haven't had that conversation and it isn't happening no matter how much or where I rest. o_O')

#7 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:40 AM

You describe exactly the way I felt after the GTKU dialogs where finished.

It's normal. If you got new flirts added after rescuing Imoen all is like it should be.

I wish there'd be more GTKU dialogs :unsure:

Edited by Lightspeed, 17 July 2004 - 05:41 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#8 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

The bad thing is you won't have a "proper" proper romance untill the very end of SoA :mellow:

It's worth the play, though. :)

Hoho, it's worth the play alright!
I think it was beautifully made, the way Chloe tells the PC her true feelings. ^^

I shouldn't worry about the timers too much. Chloe actually *skipped* a few of the convos she would have with my PC. Like one time when I was shopping at Ribald's or just before Viconia would thank me for rescueing her from the fanatics. Mm...they haven't caused me trouble yet, so don't worry about that. ^^

#9 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 09:57 PM

As has been explained several times, the global timers do NOT count up. The game clock, which you can't see, counts up TO them. The global time variable will not increase until the script tells it to, which only occurs when the timer is met. Don't think of it as a time increment, think of it as an appointment time. Like... it's not a watch where it counts up. It's like "I have an appointment at 2pm." When it's the appropriate time, your appointment, the dialogue, happens. And the next appointment is made.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#10 Sesari

Sesari
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:03 PM

Oh...

I was totally confused about the timers before, but now they make much more sense!

Thanks so much! ^_^