120 replies to this topic

#41 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 09:43 AM

You've NEVER played good?!?
Good rulez

Ideal party will have a disgustingly neutral-goody goody leader, who will score the
lowest number of kills ever (excluding monsters)
Maybe just Neb and some slavers..:rolleyes:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#42 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 11:05 AM

Nay, sometimes (or perhaps: many times :ph34r: ) it is so much better to play a character who isn't affected by law or any other rules, nor by the destiny of others... someone, who lives for himself, and for the goals of his own.. and finally has the will and strength to get what he want's from life :lol:
BG2 is a perfect game to play this type of person.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#43 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 02:46 AM

I often play like that, the individualistic hero who happens to do some
good deeds on the way:)
But the funniest I've played is the, uh, "life preserver"
Anyway Goodness has nothing to do with Law (and now Chev will haunt for me!! :blink: )

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#44 -A_Cricket-

-A_Cricket-

Posted 16 January 2003 - 11:15 AM

*chirp chirp*

#45 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 03:08 PM

We are still here:p Just trying to finish up the latest beta for the testers... its been quiet here

#46 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:59 PM

We are still here:p Just trying to finish up the latest beta for the testers... its been quiet here

It's been to damn quite here. I guess i'm the only one posting here.......
:(

#47 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 07:00 PM

We are still working on the next build... still called 3.1.2.

We are going to try the Tispack. I've had some good results with quality on it... and it will save about 14MB total looks like... maybe more.

Total tileset (tis) size for RTW is currently 70,978,872 bytes compressed with RAR to 19,636 kb

The new tispack will compress the tilesets into .tiz... then decompress them back to their original size. This gets the total tilesets down to
8,711,507 bytes at -q 85 ... then they can be RARed:p

I did a test with the newest area and did not see any noticeable change in the quality of the graphics. This should be great news for people with a dialup:D:D

Cuv

#48 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:23 PM

I was trying to communicate this to Quitch on ICQ today but he may have signed off before getting it:

Re-evaluate your use of MP3 over Ogg. I have now distributed over 400 clips as 22 KHz oggs with no "bad" effects. You'll save space. If you're getting odd behavior in a particular line, there may be an odd clip in the WAV data that the ogg encoder is dying on, but that should be editable.

As a test, I took 18 MB of BG2-ready audio (16 bit 22 KHz mono WAV, my Cespenar stuff) and did MP3 96 kb/sec vs. Ogg qual = 4 (which Winlame reports as being 128 kb/sec). The MP3 data was 5 megs, the ogg data is just 3. That's a pretty substantial space savings.

#49 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:15 AM

No you're not :P

#50 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:31 AM

No you're not :P

And you are?
What I meant was; I'm the only RtW Beta tester that keeps posting here

#51 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:35 AM

We are still working on the next build... still called 3.1.2.

We are going to try the Tispack. I've had some good results with quality on it... and it will save about 14MB total looks like... maybe more.

Total tileset (tis) size for RTW is currently 70,978,872 bytes compressed with RAR to 19,636 kb

The new tispack will compress the tilesets into .tiz... then decompress them back to their original size. This gets the total tilesets down to
8,711,507 bytes at -q 85 ... then they can be RARed:p

I did a test with the newest area and did not see any noticeable change in the quality of the graphics. This should be great news for people with a dialup:D:D

Cuv

Heh, we've talked about it a few times via ICQ. I know you and Quitch (and lets not forget Dyara and Xyx) are working hard on the mod. It just looks to me that i'm the only one left from the first batch of Beta Testers. (Outside the IEES group in-house testing of course)

That size decrease looks promising Cuv.

#52 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:37 AM

That size decrease looks promising Cuv.

Yes, my buddy Magervalp deserves a round of applause.

#53 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:56 PM

Hurray for Magervalp.... great work on that program.

I know of a few people that wish to continue testing... its just that they are burned out on BG2 and only wish to play this mod...hehe. Just hang in there Michel... it wont be too much longer.

Cuv

#54 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 04:00 PM

Hurray for Magervalp.... great work on that program.

I know of a few people that wish to continue testing... its just that they are burned out on BG2 and only wish to play this mod...hehe. Just hang in there Michel... it wont be too much longer.

Cuv

Blasphemers!! Bg2 is life! :lol: :lol:

I'll be here, you won't get rid of me. :P

#55 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 11:32 PM

I'm still here and waiting for the beta, I'm just being silent because I'm afraid of people.

#56 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:43 PM

I'm still here and waiting for the beta, I'm just being silent because I'm afraid of people.

I'm checking every couple of weeks or so as well. Delvar's got it right on. These aren't very friendly forums (FW, not RtW), so I've decided to avoid it. I got tired of waiting for the mod and VERY bored with BG2, so I decided to play Final Fantasy for a while. Like I said, I'm still lurking and waiting for the release.

#57 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 02:16 PM

I'm checking every couple of weeks or so as well. Delvar's got it right on. These aren't very friendly forums (FW, not RtW), so I've decided to avoid it. I got tired of waiting for the mod and VERY bored with BG2, so I decided to play Final Fantasy for a while. Like I said, I'm still lurking and waiting for the release.

Well, i'v been here since the first Beta was released and i'll definetly wait untill the final release. It seems that there are only a few really dedicated testers that are willing to wait. ;)

#58 -BGFanATIC-

-BGFanATIC-

Posted 29 January 2003 - 08:00 AM

:ph34r:
I been checking this site for a long while.... & now I can't resist myself to post something... hehe... Well, How's everything going on? I can't wait for the public release ... I hope its still going to be release for public consumption? --- I don't mind waiting, more :huh:

By the way, is RTW gonna be compatible with other MODs? I been checking around, and, there is this BP MOD (can be found in TS Thread) that is being worked out== this will make other MODs compatible...

It seem BG world is getting bigger and bigger--- it might take eternity to finish one game, once all this MODs are played in one game... :blink: I will need a long vacation. :rolleyes:

Regards to the RTW modders=== keep up the good work== you're keeping us happy [BG Die Hards]. :D

#59 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:39 AM

RtW is (as far as i'm able to say) compatible with all other WeiDu mods. Rtw uses it's own "new" areas so they don't overwrite original areas.

I'v played RtW with:
Sola
Tashia
Ease of Use
Item Upgrade
Kelsey SoA-ToB
Tactics. ( one or two components caused RtW to crash but I think that's solved now)
Dungeon Be Gone
Ascension (WeiDu Version)
Redemption 1.0.1
Valen
Expanded Thief Stronghold
Flirtpack

Not a problem at all.

I think I can safely say that RtW will be compatible with all other WeiDu mods.
I can't say anything about the NON-WeiDu mods though. Maybe someone else can answer that.

#60 alson

alson
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:19 PM

Cuv

Huzzah! :-)

Keep up the good job RtW crew, and a special thanks to Magervalp, for helping us dialupers.