Photo

Mod Updates?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#81 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 09:35 PM

Speaking of updates...how 'bout an update on the release date huh?

#82 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:51 AM

Last time I talked to Cuv he told me he was busy with Area fixes. Also one or two new areas are introduced. Be patience grasshopper ;=)

#83 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 08:40 PM

Last time I talked to Cuv he told me he was busy with Area fixes. Also one or two new areas are introduced. Be patience grasshopper ;=)

Patience? I wouldn't bring up the topic of patience regarding this mod! :P

#84 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 03:24 PM

hehe.... yeah, patience isnt a word I would use either... we are slow, there is no denying that :P Maybe if we had about 2 more good dialog writers and a coupla area editors... then we would have been finished long before now. It WILL get done though... I promise

Cuv

#85 DarkFire

DarkFire

Self appointed lord of fire, chaos and darkness

• 164 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:16 AM

...and that was posted a month ago... any new updates?
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the countrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefor he must exist.

-Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Anything is a weapon. you just have to swing it right...
(Though some things are more efficient at it than others)

#86 Dyara

Dyara
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:43 AM

...and that was posted a month ago... any new updates?

Not exactly :D. Cuvīs post was from Feb 23 and your post is from Mar 18.

Anyway, weīre still working and whole thing becomes more and more complete... but still there are a lot things that have to be done. And if thereīs one thing we have learned, then itīs not to release a release date :lol:

#87 DarkFire

DarkFire

Self appointed lord of fire, chaos and darkness

• 164 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:31 AM

hehe, i guess i'll just look forward to the release the mod itself, then :)
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the countrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefor he must exist.

-Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Anything is a weapon. you just have to swing it right...
(Though some things are more efficient at it than others)

#88 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:12 AM

You could just reverse the concept, and release a "Non_before_than" data release!
In other words, place the actual release data in a not specified day between the "Non_before_than" data release,
and, uhm, infinity (:P).
This way the faithful fan could decide to schedule another run through BG1, BG2 or Torment, while waiting for
the next "Non_before_than" data release..

Just a delirant suggestion... uhm, could work.. :blink:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#89 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:53 PM

I like it!! Go with it... ;)

#90 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 07:25 AM

You should be able to run through the BG series before we release.

#91 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 07:34 AM

I expected something like that :( :P
Thanx!
Just started Torment :blink:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#92 -Dr. Yes-

-Dr. Yes-

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:09 AM

Should be able to make a run through the BG serries before your finished with the mod? Oh my, now, are we talking "happy frollick"run through. Or a "running" run through?

No need to anwser that. I just felt the oddest inclination to type the above... and then, obviously, post it. So that the entire would could share in my madness. Bhaal strike me! I cannot stop typing!!

+... and then.... the idle gibber stopped...+

#93 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 07:33 AM

Long winded, doing everything, run through. We're hoping to get this mod done by July. Hoping.

#94 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:10 PM

Perhaps an update on how the mod is going? If at all.

I'm curiuos to know how it's coming along and what stage it's at. I saw the disappointing July ETA, but what exactly is still being done with it? I was under the imperssion that it was near completion months ago.

#95 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:56 PM

Still pushing forward. Won't give up:D

We are working on some aspects of the mod right now that we knew would take quite a bit of time. I have been working on the ending a little too... and that is still to be done to completion. ETA???? I have none to give, we are trying for a July release.

Cuv

#96 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:32 PM

Between you and our friends at Blizzard North with their Diablo II patch I'm gonna go crazy. You'd better watch it, your title as "slowest modders ever" is being threatened. :P

Aspects?

#97 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:26 AM

Between you and our friends at Blizzard North with their Diablo II patch I'm gonna go crazy. You'd better watch it, your title as "slowest modders ever" is being threatened. :P

Aspects?

I dunno...Tamriel Rebuilt for The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind i think would beat anyone.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#98 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 03:04 PM

Though... ermm... Tamriel Rebuilt is, let's say, slightly larger in scope. :D

#99 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 02:25 AM

Though... ermm... Tamriel Rebuilt is, let's say, slightly larger in scope.  :D

True, but they started (atleast in planning and working with some of the devs) before Morrowind came out and they have yet to release even 1 offical (let alone beta) landmass...I think that makes them supreme at taking the longest to make a mod.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#100 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:13 AM

Hehe... technically, I began working on RTW soon as Ascension was finished back in early December of 2001:D:D It didnt really get going until Quitch joined up in Feb of 2002.

It's getting pretty darn good now (imho), almost all new areas... even the familiar areas have been altered. Even more new dialog and some mini-quests, Quitch could probably give you an updated number of dialog words. We have nearly 300 files now that get installed and its about 70 MB. Don't want to spoil anything, of course... so I will just leave it at that. The old screenshots you might have seen are now pretty much obsolete. The work goes on.

Cuv