Jump to content


Photo

when did you finish BG last time?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: when did you finish BG last time? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

when did you finish BG last time?

  1. a week ago (6 votes [14.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

  2. a month ago (5 votes [12.20%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.20%

  3. 3 months ago (6 votes [14.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

  4. half a year (8 votes [19.51%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.51%

  5. a year (6 votes [14.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

  6. more then a year (7 votes [17.07%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.07%

  7. I don't remember (1 votes [2.44%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.44%

  8. never (2 votes [4.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

There were many topics about BG dying, and people talked much about it, but I think the real measure that can be applied is if somebody not just plays game, but finish it. Somehow with time playing turns into starting over and over again (with new characters or new installs), but never actually finishing it - at least, for me. It hardly may be called playing at all. So, when did you finish any of BG series games last time?

#2 berelinde

berelinde

    Troublemaker

  • Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:15 AM

OK, it's been six months for me, but that's only because I mod these days, and don't have much time for playing. Even then, I still played steadily, but slowly. It might well take me a few months to finish a game. So I guess the answer depends on personal playing speed.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum


#3 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:36 AM

I'm scared. Might be half a year, too. I know I played ToB with Iylos not long ago, and played SoA+ToB with RE, and tried a TUTU run recently, but, but... but. From start to finish, it's been a long while.

#4 vilkacis

vilkacis

    Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

  • Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:40 AM

"More than a year". After a break I tend to start over from the beginning more often than not.

I don't like the endings anyway, so I don't have any motivation to actually beat the game. <_<

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

    The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

  • Modder
  • 3061 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:09 AM

Icewind Dale was the last IE game I finished; less than a month ago. Last BG was BGTuTu... for some reason even after eight years I'm still not tired of them. I've recently started KotOR; it's alright - just - but I miss the ability to mod it and the combat is awful.

-Y-

#6 Solaufein

Solaufein

    No fate but what we make

  • Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:23 AM

BG dead, dying? Hardly.

I don't remember the last time I did a complete run through of any IE game to completion. I will usually start a game or continue a previous saved one in order to keep my interest going, modding wise. I have a community to run and mods to finish so I really do not have the time to actually finish a game any more other than play it to a certain point.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying
 

#7 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

    is not here anymore.

  • Member
  • 2172 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:48 AM

Around a month ago was the last time for me - I played BG1 - although I've been thinking of continuing again this week. Baldur's Gate, the whole series, is most definately not dead for me. Of all the games I play, BG is the one I play most and that I always come back to.


Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.


#8 Nugrud

Nugrud
  • Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

I finished BG1, plain, without mods, about a month ago. I had 3,5 years pause of playing, since I switched to linux. I "rediscovered" it a couple months ago, and wanted to remind me the plain BG playing experience, then to try mods, some BGT mega installation.

#9 grogerson

grogerson
  • Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:04 AM

I got ready to start a new game, but got sidetracked working with the Icewind Dale Tweak Pack revision :whistling: . Lots of new components and fixes, with compatability for IWD, HoW and TotL installs. I've been through that one several times this last year :wacko: . Once I'm done with that I'll be back to BG/BG2/BGT.

#10 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

    In recon mission...shush!!

  • Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

For me it's been a year, maybe even more without BG! :( Last time I played whole serie, with BGT mod and all other major mods + several smaller mods so completing that wasn't that quick. :P

Situation as it is now:
*Install BG II SoA - check
*Install BG II ToB - check
*Install ToB official patch - check
*Standby for Darian alpha. ^_^

Edited by minnamaarit, 06 August 2007 - 05:12 AM.

*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#11 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

    Under Star & Sky.

  • Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:29 AM

I wonder if BGtutu counts...
If that's the case then it was last Wednesday to be precise, and before that it must've been a month ago. :wacko: :)
Now I'm just casually switching between BG1, BG2+TOB and IWD2.
All the while searching for new mod possibilites and compatabilities. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.
 
CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!


#12 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

    Do what thou wilt

  • Member
  • 1567 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:59 AM

I don't know.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#13 Kellen

Kellen

    Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

  • Member
  • 7092 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:41 AM

The last time I finished any of the games? More than a year ago. However I fully plan to play through the whole thing once finished with W3 and CA.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#14 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

    Always here, just look harder.

  • Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

Yesterday!! *makes a peace sign*
But that's because I tried Romantic Encouters. (It's neat btw)
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#15 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

    Templar in Flames

  • Member
  • 1302 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

Half a year - I usually play until I break my game terribly by testing something and having it go wrong :P Other than that, I have significantly reduced my time playing for the sake of learning weidu. I hope something comes out of it!
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#16 theacefes

theacefes

    Probably swearing

  • Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

Haven't finished it in nearly 5 months but I have been playing it every other day for modding purposes.

Though I did spend some time playing CA this week. :)

Edited by theacefes, 06 August 2007 - 10:49 AM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

 
Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community


#17 Galsic

Galsic

    Nominal Member

  • Member
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

I do believe it was half a year for me. In fact, it was the first and only time I ever finished the game.
(I like parentheses.)

#18 Delight

Delight
  • Member
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

More than 1 year ago. I don't think I'll finish it again. It's not a question of age though. I just can't stand the shitty combat, Bioware's approach to dialogue and quests and general infantylism of the game.
...

#19 Gollandrian

Gollandrian
  • Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

A week ago I did my 3rd run of BG1, about 2 months ago I did my 6th run of BG2 and exactly 1 year in 3 days from this post will be the anniversary of finishing ToB for the first time.

I will be hosting a grand celebration on my ToB anniversary, no one will be invited of course except for myself, my PC, and my copy of BG2:ToB ^_^

#20 GeN1e

GeN1e

    A very GAR character

  • Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

My last IE game I've finished was IDW1, half-year ago. BG2 - either at the very end of 2006 or at the very beginning of 2007. Last time I played BG three months ago but gave up to finish it when I've reached Yaga-Shura.

I start my games over and over again because I like to see how characters grow in power and when they are capable of defeating tough monsters (not necessarily with ease, just are strong enough to outlive the battle) then further playing start to bore me. That's true for any RPG game I've ever played more than once.

Retired from modding.