Jump to content


Photo

when did you finish BG last time?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: when did you finish BG last time? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

when did you finish BG last time?

  1. a week ago (6 votes [14.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

  2. a month ago (5 votes [12.20%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.20%

  3. 3 months ago (6 votes [14.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

  4. half a year (8 votes [19.51%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.51%

  5. a year (6 votes [14.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

  6. more then a year (7 votes [17.07%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.07%

  7. I don't remember (1 votes [2.44%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.44%

  8. never (2 votes [4.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 berelinde

berelinde

    Troublemaker

  • Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

I plan to start a BGT run when I have Gavin converted to BGT, then play through all the way to the end of ToB. As in cutting down on actual moding while doing a bit of research. After that, I'll start in on Gavin for BG2 in earnest.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum


#22 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

believe it or not, I have never finished any computer game that I started.

#23 berelinde

berelinde

    Troublemaker

  • Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

No kidding? But playing the game is more fun than ending it, it's true.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum


#24 Rastor

Rastor

    Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

  • Member
  • 2001 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Surprisingly, the last time I finished BG2 was almost six years ago (was late 2001). Oddly, that's the last time I finished any computer game.

I haven't had much time to play since then, although I recently started a run of BG2 that I'll probably be finishing next year.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#25 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

    The Imp in his pink raincoat.

  • Member
  • 10911 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

Well, for me, I did finish BG1 with TotSC just before BG2 came out, after that, I went through SoA after ToB came out, and I never finished IT. :crying:
I might need to despretly hope that BG3 would came so I could finish the total BG2, but the 15 Gbits of installation material(games mods etc.), really don't help my dreams to becoming any truer, nor do the other unfinished games and mods etc. :angry: :mellow:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.


#26 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

    Under Star & Sky.

  • Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

No kidding? But playing the game is more fun than ending it, it's true.

I dunno, if the ending is good (take BG2 SOA ending for instance) then its well worth finishing the job.

But the real issue is when something becomes, well... so old you could do it blind-folded, or something along that line. ;)

Course that would be a good challenge in itself, reminds me to try that someday. :lol:

Oh and from this point in time, I haven't even had the chance to play for longer than five minutes in the last month and a half. Go figure. :P

Btw, does anyone know exactly what the heck is going on with our so called BG3, I haven't heard nothing about it since the first speculations about some company starting on planning it. ;)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.
 
CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!


#27 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

    AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

  • Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:12 AM

I'm in chapter 6 right now.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!


#28 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

Hm ... about 3 months ago, though I still play it all the time. I started a ToB game yesterday, and I still enjoy it as much as ever. Even with mods I really like, I'll play through with them once, uninstall them, forget about them, remember them and install them again. It's a never-ending cycle, and one that keeps me constantly entertained.

... Yes, yes. I'm quite aware that it doesn't take much to keep me going. <_<

#29 Bardess

Bardess

    the Eternal Noob

  • Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:20 AM

I finished SoA last time like a year ago, but I have started playing dozens of times since. I should get serious with it. :P

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -


#30 Pandæmonium

Pandæmonium
  • Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:51 AM

Two or three months ago. I've been meaning to start a new game for a couple of weeks now, but I'm undecided about character class and what mods to use.
The worst person ever.

#31 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 8756 posts

Donator

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:56 AM

I think in 2001, shorty after that I quite the modding community. I came back to the modding scence only to help make Classic Adventures.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/


#32 Elanorea

Elanorea
  • Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

Never finished it, actually. I've played SoA right up to the final battle (in which I invariably get slaughtered), and I'm about halfway through ToB at the moment. I don't think I'm gonna beat that either, though; so far it's been much harder than SoA.
"I'm DMing a 4e game. Advice?"
"Yeah, switch to 3.5."

#33 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

    Under Star & Sky.

  • Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

Depends really if you installed something like Accension which makes the last fight different, and ten times harder, along with alot of other difficutly changes in TOB.
Is it just me, or is it impossible to go through either game without 2 mages and 1 cleric?

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.
 
CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!


#34 Elanorea

Elanorea
  • Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hm... well, my party has 2 mages and 1 cleric, but I'm pretty sure that if you aren't as untalented at gaming as me, you could get through without. In other news, well, the "other half" (ie. beating Abazigal and Balthazar) of the game went faster than I thought, and so I face the final battle in ToB. And, surprise surprise, get slaughtered. (sigh) In the end I cheated through the battle to see the epilogues, but one day I am going to beat it fair and square, dammit!
"I'm DMing a 4e game. Advice?"
"Yeah, switch to 3.5."

#35 Kellen

Kellen

    Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

  • Member
  • 7092 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

I tend to bring two clerics, a druid, and two mages, possibly a third or a bard too. Hence multi and dualclasses are a blessing beyond words.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#36 Catseye

Catseye

    Elf Lover

  • Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

I finished BG1 probably about 3 months ago (and that was like the 20th time). I never get tired of either BG1 or SOA. In fact, I have BG1 with TUTU installed on my laptop and SOA installed on my main computer so I go back and forth.
Just arrived from The Inn of the Prancing Pony