• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

Well, since no one seemed to object to me hosting this, I decided to do just that. This is a great mod, but it was lost during the changes to Forgotten Wars. Not enough TuTu mods around for my choice, so I am excited to be able to be able to share this with other people.

The Wizard now hosts this mod:

IEGMC Asia (HTTP) - http://iegmc.mirror....m.sg/lostitems/
IEGMC Asia (FTP) - ftp://mirror.intermedia.com.sg/pub/iegmc/lostitems/
IEGMC Europe - http://iegmc.tiefighter.org/lostitems/
IEGMC America - http://america.iegmc.net/lostitems/
IEGMC Canada - http://iegmc.shphockey.com/lostitems/

*EDIT* - I would reccomend downloading and using Ascension64's revised version. His mods are always top notch.

Readme for Ascension64's updated version:

------------------------------
Lost Items
Version Revised 2
Author: Aramis
WeiDU Conversion: Vedran
WeiDU Revision: Ascension64

REQUIREMENTS
Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT)-WeiDU
or
BG1Tutu/EasyTutu

COMPATIBILITY
This mini-mod makes no changes to dialog.tlk, so there are no dramas with changing the installation order of this modification.

This mini-mod has been tested with BG1FixPack1.1, BG1GameTextUpdate1.1, BG1 EaseOfUse 2.1, BG2 EaseOfUse and Vault Mod v4. It seems to work OK. However, the bags, ammo stack alterations and HAPPY.2DA change covers most of the changes in EaseOfUse and Vault (but without the unique items), so I don't use any of them.

INSTALLATION
Extract LostItems_vR2.rar file to your BGT-WeiDU, BG1Tutu, or EasyTutu installation directory.
Run Setup-LostItems.exe.
Follow the installation prompts.

UNINSTALLATION
Run Setup-LostItems.exe.

DESCRIPTION
This mini-mod adds a number of standard Baldur's Gate II items into BGT-WeiDU, BG1Tutu, or EasyTutu. A few issues have been addressed, namely:

Component 'Lost Items'
1) No upgrades for throwing daggers or spears, no katanas, ninja-to or wakazishis, no scimitar upgrades until the late game unless you whack Drizzt (How could you?). Nor are there gem bags, scroll cases, potion cases, ammo belts or bags of holding. This component adds Gem Bags, Potion Cases, Scroll Cases, Ammo Belts, Bag of Holding, Spear +2, Scimitar +1, Flail +1, Flail +2, Katana (unbreakable), Katana +1, Katana +2, Wakazishi +1, Ninja-To (unbreakable), Ninja-To +1, Boomerang Dagger +2, Poison Throwing Daggers, Sunstone Bullets, Bracers AC5, and Bracers AC4 to a number of adversaries (mostly in the first half of the game) and containers in areas. There are also a couple of items not mentioned that should make some late fights more interesting - nothing overpowered though. The vanilla Katana and Ninja-To will not break and are available so early that starting characters out with those proficiencies are now feasable. Ammo stacks are increased to 50, including Throwing Axes (standard only), Darts, and Throwing Daggers, both garden-variety and poisoned.

Component 'Xan has Sorcerer class'
2) Sorcerer NPC spell lists suck buttocks. Xan becomes a Sorcerer with a decent spell list. His existing list *really* sucks. There are no other mage NPCs with high enough Charisma to make good Sorcerers. It is actually INT in Baldur's Gate II, but that is Bioware's fault. So other NPC lists remain unchanged.

Component 'Monk +3 AC and +1 THAC0 Bonus'
3) Monks are missing the WIS bonus to AC (Thanks Bioware!) and are certifiable pussies. Even in Baldur's Gate II monks are generally considered weak until around level 12. In Baldur's Gate they are pathetic, bruised, bleeding, simpering fools. At the beginning of Baldur''s Gate monks that have greater than 15 WIS will receive a permanent +3 AC and +1 - it makes them playable but by no means overpowered. At level 5 my monk had about the same kill/xp record as Imoen just using a short bow. If carried over to Baldur's Gate 2 I doubt that the bonus would ever overpower them, since by the time AC gets really high it really isn't an issue anymore, and it is in the AD&D rules after all. Well, the AC bonus at least - the THAC0 bonus is to make up for the readily available +1 weapons in Baldur's Gate.

Other components include:
4) Happy patch: NPCs do not leave due to reputation, where HAPPY.2DA has been changed so that NPCs will still get pissy but will not leave when reputation is too high or low.
5) Viconia has 18 WIS.
6) Alternative portrait for Faldorn.
7) Alternative portrait for Xan.
8) Alternative portrait for Imoen.
9) Baldur's Gate 2 portrait for Viconia.

Faldorn, Imoen and Xan get new portraits courtesy of the very talented Karse Soze at the Portrait Portal (http://www.karwal.dk...ortal/index.htm) They are 'celebrity' portraits, but since I am not even vaguely interested in 'celebrities' they don't look at all familiar to me and fit the game well.

Have fun,
Aramas (revised by Ascension64)

VERSION HISTORY
Version Revised 2 (27 November 2006)
-Fixed bugs with usage of existing bags

Version Revised 1 Re-release (13 November 2006)
-Fixed installation errors in BGT-WeiDU installations (BISHOP.CRE->BGBISHOP.CRE, XAN.CRE->BGXAN.CRE)

Version Revised 1 (12 November 2006)
-First release of revised version

CREDITS
-Karse Soze, for making those wonderful portraits that are used here
-Wes Weimer, for making the wonderful WeiDU utility. Modding of Baldur's Gate would not be the same without it.
-Vedran Kordi, for creating the TP2 file.

DISCLAIMER
No permission was obtained to revise and re-distribute this mod. The original version of this mod is dated 5th February 2004, and neither Aramis nor Vedran have been around for more than 2.5 years. Therefore, all credit for this mod remains with Aramis and Vedran. However, all bug reports and other issues will be supported by Ascension64.

Edited by K'aeloree, 20 August 2008 - 02:27 PM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#2 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:09 PM

Whatever happened to the authors of this, Aramas and Vedran? I'd be happy to mirror it on IEGMC, in case you don't want to mess around with MSN or Yahoo, MTS. ;) Only thing is, I'd like to contact the authors, if possible, and ask their permission first.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#3 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

Yes, it would be much better on one of your fine sites. I had no idea of how to get ahold of either one, so I figured my crappy sites would be a good "temp" place for the mod till then.

#4 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Yes, it would be much better on one of your fine sites. I had no idea of how to get ahold of either one, so I figured my crappy sites would be a good "temp" place for the mod till then.

View Post

Your "crappy" sites did a fine job in the interim, never fear. :) You deserve credit for actually putting the file online...no one else did! In case you stumble across any other missing mods you would like to see mirrored on IEGMC, just drop me a line. My Email address is readily accessible, and I can be reached by PM here or on other forums. ;) I only wish the authors of Lost Items left an Email address or something. :(

#5 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, I searched both readme files in the mod, and no emails to be found.

Just happy to have a chance to share this great mod with everyone. :D

Of course this would not have been possisble without Hlidskiaff and his magic archive retrevial abilities.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 30 June 2005 - 06:45 PM.

#6 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:51 PM

Of course this would not have been possisble without Hlidskiaff and his magic archive retrevial abilities.

View Post

I'm so happy Hlid got his PC back, with hard drive in tact. :)

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:34 PM

Well, that puts the count at two for sure. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#8 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

Three. I must have missed the announcement. :D

#9 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:11 AM

Three. I must have missed the announcement.  :D

View Post

There's a bit of a story to it: Ahem....

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#10 Vedran

Vedran
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:17 AM

I just want to clarify that I am not the same Vedran who had had a hand in the creation of the mod.

And I doubt anyone would object if you did mirror any mod not supported by its authors. Keep up the good work.

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:17 AM

Today I reworked Vedran's Lost Items (Tutu) so that it completely patches all files and does not overwrite anything. Are people interested in this? Necro-posting ahoy!

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#12 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:50 AM

Today I reworked Vedran's Lost Items (Tutu) so that it completely patches all files and does not overwrite anything. Are people interested in this? Necro-posting ahoy!

Ye Gods Ascension64! When do you find time to eat, sleep or any other of those annoying daily routines! ;)

Keep up the good work.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

Despite all this, I still find time to study for exams... :lol:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#14 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

Mirrors updated.

If you place your version somewhere else, A64 let me know and I will _APPEND_ as needed.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:27 AM

Lost Items version Revised 1 uploaded to TheWizard. It is a combined installer that will work with both BGT-WeiDU and BG1Tutu/EasyTutu. Readme attached below.

Lost Items
Version Revised 2
Author: Aramis
WeiDU Conversion: Vedran
WeiDU Revision: Ascension64

REQUIREMENTS
Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT)-WeiDU
or
BG1Tutu/EasyTutu

COMPATIBILITY
This mini-mod makes no changes to dialog.tlk, so there are no dramas with changing the installation order of this modification.

This mini-mod has been tested with BG1FixPack1.1, BG1GameTextUpdate1.1, BG1 EaseOfUse 2.1, BG2 EaseOfUse and Vault Mod v4. It seems to work OK. However, the bags, ammo stack alterations and HAPPY.2DA change covers most of the changes in EaseOfUse and Vault (but without the unique items), so I don't use any of them.

INSTALLATION
Extract LostItems_vR2.rar file to your BGT-WeiDU, BG1Tutu, or EasyTutu installation directory.
Run Setup-LostItems.exe.

UNINSTALLATION
Run Setup-LostItems.exe.

DESCRIPTION
This mini-mod adds a number of standard Baldur's Gate II items into BGT-WeiDU, BG1Tutu, or EasyTutu. A few issues have been addressed, namely:

Component 'Lost Items'
1) No upgrades for throwing daggers or spears, no katanas, ninja-to or wakazishis, no scimitar upgrades until the late game unless you whack Drizzt (How could you?). Nor are there gem bags, scroll cases, potion cases, ammo belts or bags of holding. This component adds Gem Bags, Potion Cases, Scroll Cases, Ammo Belts, Bag of Holding, Spear +2, Scimitar +1, Flail +1, Flail +2, Katana (unbreakable), Katana +1, Katana +2, Wakazishi +1, Ninja-To (unbreakable), Ninja-To +1, Boomerang Dagger +2, Poison Throwing Daggers, Sunstone Bullets, Bracers AC5, and Bracers AC4 to a number of adversaries (mostly in the first half of the game) and containers in areas. There are also a couple of items not mentioned that should make some late fights more interesting - nothing overpowered though. The vanilla Katana and Ninja-To will not break and are available so early that starting characters out with those proficiencies are now feasable. Ammo stacks are increased to 50, including Throwing Axes (standard only), Darts, and Throwing Daggers, both garden-variety and poisoned.

Component 'Xan has Sorcerer class'
2) Sorcerer NPC spell lists suck buttocks. Xan becomes a Sorcerer with a decent spell list. His existing list *really* sucks. There are no other mage NPCs with high enough Charisma to make good Sorcerers. It is actually INT in Baldur's Gate II, but that is Bioware's fault. So other NPC lists remain unchanged.

Component 'Monk +3 AC and +1 THAC0 Bonus'
3) Monks are missing the WIS bonus to AC (Thanks Bioware!) and are certifiable pussies. Even in Baldur's Gate II monks are generally considered weak until around level 12. In Baldur's Gate they are pathetic, bruised, bleeding, simpering fools. At the beginning of Baldur''s Gate monks that have greater than 15 WIS will receive a permanent +3 AC and +1 - it makes them playable but by no means overpowered. At level 5 my monk had about the same kill/xp record as Imoen just using a short bow. If carried over to Baldur's Gate 2 I doubt that the bonus would ever overpower them, since by the time AC gets really high it really isn't an issue anymore, and it is in the AD&D rules after all. Well, the AC bonus at least - the THAC0 bonus is to make up for the readily available +1 weapons in Baldur's Gate.

Other components include:
4) Happy patch: NPCs do not leave due to reputation, where HAPPY.2DA has been changed so that NPCs will still get pissy but will not leave when reputation is too high or low.
5) Viconia has 18 WIS.
6) Alternative portrait for Faldorn.
7) Alternative portrait for Xan.
8) Alternative portrait for Imoen.
9) Baldur's Gate 2 portrait for Viconia.

Faldorn, Imoen and Xan get new portraits courtesy of the very talented Karse Soze at the Portrait Portal (http://www.karwal.dk...ortal/index.htm) They are 'celebrity' portraits, but since I am not even vaguely interested in 'celebrities' they don't look at all familiar to me and fit the game well.

Have fun,
Aramas (revised by Ascension64)

VERSION HISTORY
Version Revised 2 (27 November 2006)
-Fixed bugs with usage of existing bags

Version Revised 1 Re-release (13 November 2006)
-Fixed installation errors in BGT-WeiDU installations (BISHOP.CRE->BGBISHOP.CRE, XAN.CRE->BGXAN.CRE)

Version Revised 1 (12 November 2006)
-First release of revised version

CREDITS
-Karse Soze, for making those wonderful portraits that are used here
-Wes Weimer, for making the wonderful WeiDU utility. Modding of Baldur's Gate would not be the same without it.
-Vedran Kordi, for creating the TP2 file.

DISCLAIMER
No permission was obtained to revise and re-distribute this mod. The original version of this mod is dated 5th February 2004, and neither Aramis nor Vedran have been around for more than 2.5 years. Therefore, all credit for this mod remains with Aramis and Vedran. However, all bug reports and other issues will be supported by Ascension64.

Edited by Ascension64, 26 November 2006 - 11:29 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

Are the components actually optional? I'm probably reading the TP2 wrong, but it looks all of them will install.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#17 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

They are all seperate components.

That's why he labeled the as such. :P

/me can attest to this because he has installed it before.

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:00 AM

Yes, they are separate. I guess WeiDU gurus tend to assume each component is separate by definition.

Edited by Ascension64, 14 November 2006 - 02:01 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:45 AM

@ Ascension64:

Would you like me to C&P your readme into the first post? That way if it gets buried in pages of replies it will be in the original post.

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:49 AM

Sure. No problem with that.

--------------
Retired Modder