Squaremod hits v3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Ggib Eht-

-Ggib Eht-

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

That's right, thanks to a post by theacefaces I was inspired to actually write the Octagon mod.

Download Link
Alternate Download Link

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

I have started a new game (fully patched TOB), did most quests to level up my char, then headed to spellhold to get Imoen back and play mod content, but it seems I have a problem to have 9 characters (me included) in my party ; every time I try to recruit a 7th member, I am asked to remove someone :doh: I have probably missed something :whistling:

Or maybe I need a member cap remover ? Where can I get it ?

My weidu.log, just in case this is a compatibility problem.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SQUAREMOD/SQUAREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Square mod for BGII (w/ or w/out ToB)

#3 -Ggib Eht-

-Ggib Eht-

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

You can't add more than 6 party members (as usual); you either have to wait for GemRB to be completed (which should take some years), or simply read the .d files. If you can't do that, well, :whistling:

(if you open {bg2}\squaremod\squaremod.d with notepad, you should be able to read the dialogues without trouble, unless you suffered brain death).

#4 Beerish

Beerish
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

I'd love to see the changelog. :D

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:43 AM

You can't add more than 6 party members (as usual); you either have to wait for GemRB to be completed (which should take some years), or simply read the .d files. If you can't do that, well, :whistling:

(if you open {bg2}\squaremod\squaremod.d with notepad, you should be able to read the dialogues without trouble, unless you suffered brain death).

I now that, I was just trolling :whistling: (I have read all .tp2, .baf and .d). Don't say my previous post with faked weidu.log was really believable ? :lol:

Seriously, I have seen your .baf code with eight "InParty()" and "!Dead()" and "InMyArea()" checks, and wondered why you have coded such a check that will never be true... except of course you are either :
a. not excepting anyone will really install the mod to test in-game, or
b. writing a mod for the future (I.E. GemRB)

Talking about this, even if GemRB removes the 6 members limit, there is a lot of in-game scripts that rely on that hard-coded limit with explicit checks Player1, Player2, Player3, Player4, Player5 and Player6. So "Octagon" will probably never be seen by anybody, even if it is included as hidden content of Quest Pack.

:whistling:

#6 -Ggib Eht-

-Ggib Eht-

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:07 AM

I now that, I was just trolling :whistling: (I have read all .tp2, .baf and .d). Don't say my previous post with faked weidu.log was really believable ? :lol:

Seriously, I have seen your .baf code with eight "InParty()" and "!Dead()" and "InMyArea()" checks, and wondered why you have coded such a check that will never be true... except of course you are either :
a. not excepting anyone will really install the mod to test in-game, or
b. writing a mod for the future (I.E. GemRB)

Talking about this, even if GemRB removes the 6 members limit, there is a lot of in-game scripts that rely on that hard-coded limit with explicit checks Player1, Player2, Player3, Player4, Player5 and Player6. So "Octagon" will probably never be seen by anybody, even if it is included as hidden content of Quest Pack.

:whistling:

I am coding while looking forward to GemRB. Also, I didn't seriously expect anybody to install that.

#7 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

I am coding while looking forward to GemRB. Also, I didn't seriously expect anybody to install that.

Three words:

"Hip. Hop. Mod."
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#8 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:49 AM

GemRB will fully support the features required by this mod.

Edited by Avenger_teambg, 25 August 2006 - 01:50 AM.

Avenger