#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

I might as well be the first one to start this. <_<

Okay, here goes:

New -
UK mods UK2 and UK3 (The Sentinel and The Gauntlet)
Piney Bluff village
More dialogs and banters
Aleigha has a better soundset recording
Icar can join your party earlier in the game - see bug below!
New path through Chapter 2 using the UK mods instead of the U series
Fixed stores in Suderham

Known bugs and issues -
Icar can join party but he will also be found in A2 and will still fight the party - I forgot to check for this
Markessa may still cause the game to crash if she follows you - easy answer is to CTRL-Y her if this happens
Edsonor(spelling) in Piney Bluff offers to take you to Mistmoor but doesn't - haven't finished this dialog
Selgaunt isn't done - Coming up next, I hope!

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

The dialog with Nelleck hangs itself the same way it did before with Jermien, so I can't save in the starting village(outdoors). Hmm, it's weird, now it works again, but I am certain that the cause is Nelleck, he should disappear right? He doesn't, and just stands there being busy so after I talk to him, so he prevents the saving.

For some odd reason, Chaarna(1)s pictures are unknown so the game replaces it with the question mark npc picture.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 April 2008 - 10:08 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Chaarna - damn I messed that up again. We have some new portraits of her and I think I changed their names but forgot to update all of her CRE files.

Nelleck - I got this same bug about not being able to save but I never related it to him before. His dialog hasn't changed since my original .01 version. Not sure why now we are seeing a bug. Maybe newer Weidu versions introduce something in an older D file??? Okay, at least now I know who my can't save bug comes from. Thanks.

Classic Adventures

#4 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

Only very recently found and begun playing this mod (enjoying it thoroughly so far) so not sure if this is new/old/working as intended, but found a couple of inconsistencies in the "Stolen Painting" miniquest in Saltmarsh.
  • Handing over the painting to Lord Deril immediately without mentioning any reward results in 500 gold. (I assume intended but no mention of a reward is made up to that point)
  • Demanding a reward first then accepting the first figure works as expected (500 gold) as does pressing him for more and accepting the second offer (750 gold rewarded)
  • Pushing further for the 1000 gold reward seems to work in dialogue but only gives 500
  • Threatening to sell it back to Lord Balthis leads to him shouting for the guards (seems reasonable) but on ending the conversation Lord Deril turns hostile and is promptly shot dead by the guard stationed in his home :lol:
Not certain how the encounter's intended to work but seems a little strange :P

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

Okay -

Chaarna portraits are now fixed.
Lord Deril dialog now fixed. Guard should now attack party, not hostile person.
Can't find anything wrong with Nellick just yet. Dialog is fine so something else is the problem.

Classic Adventures

#6 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:15 AM

The quest at Liira's temple - finding the thief, didn't work for me. The Saltmarsh Captain kept telling me that i was early for the meeting, despite having declined to help Saltmarsh earlier. So i couldn't advance the quest.

Also, both Aleigha and Cath have delays in theirs soundsets, there's a pause before they speak.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#7 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:58 AM

Aleigha and Cath's soundsets probably need the beginning of the cut. How is Aleigha's voice? There was a lot of issues with her soundset. Is it perky enough? I had a really hard time getting it done. (Lysan, are you able to see all of the sections in the hidden forums? Feel free to post your bug report there. If you can't see it I will PM Liam and Seb to make sure you can read and post in those areas.)

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#8 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:14 AM

I can see the CA Plot and NPCs section. (Is there more?)

The soundsets are fine, just a couple of seconds delay before they speak. Aleigha's voice is definitely perky. I have had to resist the urge to kill her on several occasions :)

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

Okay, so we need to find a way to edit Aleigha's WAV files. Audacity doesn't like their format so I can't use it to edit. I don't think they are already in a WAVC format (I know I didn't compress them). I had this issue with Rilithar before editing all of his WAV files. I thought Cath's were now fine but I can go back and verify them again.

SA capt - noted.

Classic Adventures

#10 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

I can see the CA Plot and NPCs section. (Is there more?)

The soundsets are fine, just a couple of seconds delay before they speak. Aleigha's voice is definitely perky. I have had to resist the urge to kill her on several occasions :)

There are more areas to the hidden forums. I will PM the Administrators and hopefully you can get full access soon.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:13 AM

Nellick is now fixed. Issue wasn't with dialog exactly. Last thing was for him to wander around the map. However, he has a script which conflicts with doing this. So I removed the randomwalk command. It seems to be fine now.

Saltmarsh captian's dialog for Joy's money quest now works.

Still need to fix Edensor, a merchant in Piney Bluff that will take you to Mistmoor. Right now he doesn't and that means the new adventure track stops in Piney Bluff, there is no way to continue into Mistmoor or Selgaunt without using the CLUAConsole. If you find yourself at this point, just jump to area MM0100 and begin the Mistmoor mod. I will work on this today.

Classic Adventures

#12 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

Few more bugs.

The frost giantess respawns in her cell, so you can rescue her multiple times. Also, the human guards don't follow you, even if you do find them weapons.

Also, some of the fights, particularly in the final fortress and against Lavinia and her sons are far too easy. I played on normal difficulty with a couple of hill giant strength belts for my bard PC and Candella.

On the whole, very good work, I had a few problems, mainly with the dialouges, but I'll post a more detailed response later.

Kudos, guys :cheers:

#13 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hill Giants strength belts? Where did you find them? Lavinia and her sons are exactly how they are in the original module. With strength enhancement I can guess the fight would be fast. I will try the fight again with an adverage party and gage the toughness.

#14 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Oh, sorry. I used the console to get them (my PC had a STR of 3. :blink: )

#15 Stnemele

Stnemele

The Writer that Helps You Write

• 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

I don't know if this is my installation or not, but for some odd reason, I can't move to areas. I have to CLUAConsole my way around, at first. I couldn't go to Saltmarsh, Mistmoor, Selgant Bridge...pretty much anywhere beyond the ravine and Oakhurst.

I've already uninstalled CA and reinstalled it twice, and I have full BGII, full ToB, and the patch installed. No other mods are installed at all, either.
"I've had better conversations with cheese."
--Michael Keaton, "Dream Team"

"I love love-triangles! ... Or squares. Hexagons. Trapezoids. Circles with tangent lines... Geometry aside, where are we?"
-- Cassandra Mewborn, a dead character

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

I couldn't go to Saltmarsh, Mistmoor, Selgant Bridge...pretty much anywhere beyond the ravine and Oakhurst.

Well, the problem could be that you need to complete the quests in a set order to be able to move forward... the ravine quest ends when you kill the druid and the tree, as it updates your world map etc. so you can go back to a changed Oakhurst so the plot can move on... :whistling:

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:43 AM

Correct, you can't go to Saltmarsh until you finish the mayor's quest (either the ravine or the silver princess area). Coming back from either area will trigger exits to Saltmarsh. From there, you can go to Selgaunt and other areas as you complete those quests.

Classic Adventures

#18 Stnemele

Stnemele

• 162 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

I completed all the quests. The map updated, but I couldn't go to the area...if that makes sense. I'll try again from a new game and see if doing that fixes things. Thanks for an answer :D

On a side note, the conversion/mod is amazing.

"I love love-triangles! ... Or squares. Hexagons. Trapezoids. Circles with tangent lines... Geometry aside, where are we?"

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

You did exit from the bottom of the lower right corner after talking to the mayor in Oakhurst, didn't you?

Bug: I go to the pirate cave before I meat Ned, cause he is locked to a room and so I won't see him... :whistling:
After this when I come back, Ned doesn't want to join me because I have got the treasure from the room and he fires the treasure finding dialog and then when I click him this: "Ned Shankshaft- Has nothing to say to you."

#20 Stnemele

Stnemele

• 162 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

You did exit from the bottom of the lower right corner after talking to the mayor in Oakhurst, didn't you?

If you meant after the village is destroyed, then yes. If before, when I"m first heading to the ravine, then no. I haven't had time to re-play yet, but when I do I'll see what happens.