the mighty boo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 -Kirwond-

-Kirwond-

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:21 AM

Oh, what the hell. I'm feeling silly.

Boo's keen nose twitched with anticipation as the party forged deeper into the Marching Mountains. The path they were following joined another, much wider. They began encountering small groups of fire giants, invariably hostile, but no match for the awesome powers of Minsc and Boo. Well, mostly Boo. His faithful ranger sidekick was only useful at finding dinner and providing transportation.

All too soon, they came to a temple. Inside, they encountered numerous fire giants, salamanders and elementals. All fell to the mighty hamsterness that was Boo. Oh, yes, and the rest of the party played some small role. It did not matter. So long as they did not get in his way.

Finally, they came to a pair of massive stone doors. ?We cannot pass!? exclaimed Kirwond. The Bhaalspawn wrung her hands in despair. ?Surely these doors can only be opened by a fire giant?or a god?and I have not the strength to accomplish such a feat!?

?Neither do I,? said Anomen, letting Crom Faeyr sag in his grasp.

?Nor I,? said Minsc.

?Whatever shall we do?? cried Jaheira, swooning into Sarevok's arms.

Boo waddled to the doors, flinging them open with a contemptuous nudge of his nose.

?Oh, Boo,? said Aerie, petting his fur, ?you are mighty indeed! Have a carrot! Have several!?

Boo squeaked a polite refusal in his simple yet beautiful language. Aerie nodded and backed respectfully away. It was well that there were at least two of the humans intelligent enough to understand him.

They advanced boldly into the room, and into the midst of a large group of fire giants. Boo counted at least forty of them with a quick glance.

?Intruders in the Temple! We must smash them!?

?Oh, no!? exclaimed Kirwond. ?There are too many of them!?

?No, Kir, we must have faith in Boo,? said Kelsey. ?Only his stupendous space hamster powers will save the day.?

?For Boo!? cried Imoen, raising her bow. ?He will guide us to victory!?

?FOR BOO!!!?

They charged the giants, Boo in the lead as usual. He slashed with his claws and gnashed with his teeth, striking fear deep into their puny fire giant brains. With a wiggle of his nose he caused shards of ice to fly about the room, shooting unerringly through the hearts of the foul creatures. Icy beams of light flew from his eyes, striking down one giant after another. Soon their furry bodies lay all over the temple floor, a silent testament to the heroism of a hamster.

Sarevok gazed upon the sleek and tiny creature with awe. ?Boo saved us all. Never again will I say cross words when he chooses to stare at me. Instead I shall be honored to have drawn the notice of such a wondrous being.?

Boo clambered atop the bodies and got onto his hind legs, his mouth open in a ferocious squeak of triumph?

Minsc stopped his story, wondering why everyone was staring at him. The campfire hissed and crackled in the silence.

?Riiiiighhhht?? said Imoen.

Kirwond began to giggle, and Kelsey and Imoen joined her in helpless laughter. Even Sarevok cracked a smile. Ten minutes later, the others finally stopped chortling and returned to their conversations, leaving Minsc alone with his hamster.

?I do not understand, Boo?why won?t they believe me??

Boo rolled his beady black eyes. ?Squeak!?