Photo

Which ones came along in BG1? (poll is closed!)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Which evil NPC couple do you want to be incaged? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Which evil NPC couple do you want to be incaged?

1. Shar-Teel & Tiax (9 votes [12.33%])

Percentage of vote: 12.33%

2. Shar-Teel & Eldoth (10 votes [13.70%])

Percentage of vote: 13.70%

3. Shar-Teel & Kagain (4 votes [5.48%])

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

4. Jaheira & Tiax (2 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

5. Montaron & Xzar (bit hard to code) (15 votes [20.55%])

Percentage of vote: 20.55%

6. Another Neutral NPC whom I can use & an Evil NPC (i.e. Brandwen & Kagain) (7 votes [9.59%])

Percentage of vote: 9.59%

7. Another special combination (i.e. Montaron and Tiax) (6 votes [8.22%])

Percentage of vote: 8.22%

8. Proposed new combo of Kirinhale (old BG1 non-joinable NPC) & Montaron (old BG1 NPC) (=new option) (7 votes [9.59%])

Percentage of vote: 9.59%

9. Kirinhale & Shar-Teel (=new option) (5 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

10. Other combination with Kirinhale? (=new option) (4 votes [5.48%])

11. This poll has to many options (=new option) (4 votes [5.48%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Tamashi

Tamashi
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

Besides having Xzar and Montaran, who I thought were horribly mutilated in BG2, I also think it would be lovely to have Imoen be corruptible. Think about it! Gothic Immy-chan! Wai wai.... ~Melts~

But ignore me. From what it sounds like, you've got your hands full already. If you would ever like a beta tester, or an extra hand however, please let me know, as this is quite a formidable project, and one I look forward to immensely.

#42 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:51 AM

Besides having Xzar and Montaran, who I thought were horribly mutilated in BG2, I also think it would be lovely to have Imoen be corruptible. Think about it! Gothic Immy-chan! Wai wai.... ~Melts~

But ignore me. From what it sounds like, you've got your hands full already. If you would ever like a beta tester, or an extra hand however, please let me know, as this is quite a formidable project, and one I look forward to immensely.

Not Imoen is corruptable, but ..... is. That is all I am saying. For now I am almost finished with Kido's interjections in SOA (few ToB) and I reckon I will move on to Ariena.

Would you send me a personal message me what you can do when it comes down to coding or art? I might hold you up on your offer.

Momentarily three artists help me. SirKill, Immortality and Lightspeed

Edited by Deathsangel, 18 October 2004 - 10:01 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#43 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:23 PM

I had this idea in my head already a long time, but now that I have seen it as a nice topic in mod ideas. I want to try and do this as extra stuff. If you start out as evil (with evil alignment). I want to change the persons (Jaheira and Minsc) that are in the cages at John Irenicus' his dungeon. Montaron and Xzar will be hard to program, but I know an idea with Tiax on how to change that.

I thought Shar-Teel would be nice since she swore alligiance after being defeated. Kagain can still be there for the money, but you already got Korgan to fill up that space. Eldoth might be nice with his lore and magic (probably no kit, if it must be one perhaps the skald).

But give me your opinion. Do you think it is a good idea? And which one would you like to be your travelling companion?

View Post

Minsc and Jaheira work jsut fine, but... bring back my other favorite ranger... so a combo with Minsc and Kivan would be nice...

Edited by LarryTheArcher, 14 November 2004 - 12:26 PM.

Irenicus: Now I have my revenge!

Protagonist: You talk to much...

Irenicus: (It came with the soul...)

#44 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:04 PM

I've taken minsc along in evil parties, and not just due to not thinking i had enough evil npc choices. His stupidity made him perfect for manipulation(i aslways play high charisma), so i can just make him think my evil goals are the right thing.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#45 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:10 AM

I've taken minsc along in evil parties, and not just due to not thinking i had enough evil npc choices.  His stupidity made him perfect for manipulation(i aslways play high charisma), so i can just make him think my evil goals are the right thing.

View Post

Good point, but somehow the programmers gave him a link with boo, who does somehow see the difference. I can see your point and if you do not like this change it is no problem. First of all it will be months for I start on this and this will be, if I make it, an optional component

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#46 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:25 AM

I think that Boo is Minsc companion. No smarter than a regular hamster. Minsc believes he is. But I believe that it is Minxc inner wisdom which talks when he is speaking to Boo. Boo is not speaking, Minsc is. Oh and it would be really stupid to have Xzar and Montaron. You already have a theif and mage. And if you are me you have two mages already.

#47 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:35 AM

I think that Boo is Minsc companion. No smarter than a regular hamster. Minsc believes he is. But I believe that it is Minxc inner wisdom which talks when he is speaking to Boo. Boo is not speaking, Minsc is. Oh and it would be really stupid to have Xzar and Montaron. You already have a theif and mage. And if you are me you have two mages already.

View Post

yeah I know that part about minsc, just strange to have such low wis and still high, but I do understand and it is funny. However which thief are you referring too? Cause if you are evil, and I reckon you are if you have this mod, only Jan if viable option. I will leave Imoen and Nalia behind...

I'm seeing a great pull towards Shar-Teel and Montaron and Xzar. One of them with a Neutral character also seem to be open, like Brandwen or keeping Jaheira. But I reckon there are some options that are about to fall out...

#48 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:56 PM

I think Shar-Teel and Eldoth would make a really good combo in the dungeon.
--Aszlari Swordbringer, the Bringer of Swords

View Post

These two make a lot of sense. I like the thought of having Eldoth along for the ride. If Eldoth was on the team, no doubt the corpse you find in the dungeon would be that of Skie; Eldoth be furious and upset at the loss of his investment.

It also makes superb party-building sense. Eldoth can straddle the lines between Mage and Thief, and seeing as Edwin lacks divination spells, having Eldoth able to use true sight scrolls and his Lore to i.d. items would be very handy.

#49 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:36 PM

Of course, in BG1 Eldoth, the womanizer, and Shar-Teel, the man-hater, will fight to the death. From a characterization pov, they're about as logical a pairing as Jaheira the Harper and Xzar the Zhent.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#50 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:09 AM

Of course, in BG1 Eldoth, the womanizer, and Shar-Teel, the man-hater, will fight to the death.  From a characterization pov, they're about as logical a pairing as Jaheira the Harper and Xzar the Zhent.

View Post

Very good point. Just also for the record Kido can do quite the same, as Eldoth I mean.

Edited by Deathsangel, 26 November 2004 - 10:10 AM.

#51 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:26 PM

My evil pc brings Imoen with anyway, good mage good thief known her for a long time and know she isn't going to betray you. What more can you ask for?

#52 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

Cool mod idea and cool topic! :thumb:

I voted for Eldoth and Shar-Teel, just 'cause I like each of them individually, and I completely forgot that they hated each other in the first game!

"Peace will come, but whether born of harmony or entropy I cannot say."

-- Oracle en-Vec

#53 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:09 AM

Thanks to an idea of one of the team members I played BG1 again for a while as to search for a certain character. Now that I have found her I do think her very nice. Name: Kirinhale

Kirinhale = succubus of Durlag's Tower. She has lost her wings and asks for you to stay in the tower. What if you did that (which is evil), however her surperiors in Baator didn't return her wings. It is logical that she is busy with that for a while thus she comes back to the PC after that and after Sarevok died. Then she goes to the only mortal she knows (and has sucked dry)... and with awesome powers. Thus, a (dangerous) romancable wingless succubus (remembers of some goody-to-shoes doesn't it?) . Thinking either sorceres or perhaps cleric (a bit of a Fall-From-Grace) or clerical innate powers. She won't whine that she lost her wings, she will spit on all that make a remark about it, so to speak. It isn't procesed yet, but she won't nag you about it.

Her in combination with... Montaron. Perhaps he romanceble, even though he 'is a loner'.

That would mean the return of Montaron and introduction of Kirinhale and at least one romancable option. A magic power and a thief/fighter, thus also a nice combination if you look at it that way.

Give me your opinions/comments.

#54 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:35 AM

The Kirinhale idea is an excellent one - good call, Deathsangel :thumb:

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#55 Surtr

Surtr

Nothing's better than fine cold magic from an Orc

• 55 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

:w00t: Kirinhale sounds really exotic, interesting and cool (or I simply have a big weakness for female Tana'ris :blush: ). Would love to see her as a joinable&romanceable npc! :thumb: Best class for a succubus is, of course, the sorcerer class. Sorcerer would simply fit best for a female, charming, spellcaster Tana'ri in my eyes! :P

Montaron is also good as we know already.. but an evil thief/fighter npc, again? Valen does this job pretty well already.
Necromancers: there is an heavy lack of evil, lunatic and joinable necromancers! ;) *hint* *hint* :lol:

#56 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:27 AM

Wow....a romanceable evil succubus sorceress? I'd say go for it!!!!! :D

It'd also be interesting to see Montaron's development. Makes me wonder what you're going to do about the whole Xzar thing. :) He doesn't really sound like the romanceable type, though. For an evil romanceable male, I'd recommend Eldoth. With that said, love can hit you at the strangest times with the most unlikely people, so it'd be pretty neat to see Montaron's "soft" side, for as far as he has that. He'd be a pretty possessive and jealous lover, I'd say.

Anomen: My lady, might I have a word with you?
Monty: Ye'll do nothing of the sort. Stand back or I'll gut ye where ye be standing, blasted Helmite!
Anomen: Shut your mouth, thief. <CHARNAME> knows full well you are not worthy of her atte-

Anomen- Backstab triple damage.
Anomen- Death.

Monty: Arr...he had it comin', he did.

Edited by Moongaze, 25 May 2005 - 02:28 AM.

#57 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:36 AM

@ Dragonlord - Sorry, to react so late. Imoen won't be cut out of the game. No matter what combo. Just Jaheira and Minsc. And it will be an optional component.

@ Sir K. - Thanks. Oh, to give credit where it is due. Torn pointed to her and asked if I could perhaps make something of that...

@ Sutr - If Kirinhale indeed becomes sorcerer we have magic and the lunatic department is for Kido. If you are going to look at other mods you have Tsujatha as necromancer. Mod for the Wicked should be one it's own pretty complete. Or at least so I want it to be.

@ Moongaze - I want to be fair to the woman as to introduce a romance there as well. Though perhaps even Kirinhale can fulfill this being a succubus, but I reckon people wanting it straight as well. I do have some trouble with this, but I might just work it out. Kido is to crazy for a a romance and Ian very much dislikes love (due to his past). Ariena is very violent, though perhaps in a very far state I might consider romance, but it would be damned hard. I think she to unsuitable. I have an idea for Montaron romance how to work it out. Indeed the harper quest starts even without Jaheira in party... right? Answer, please ;). If not, no problem. Be noted that Kirinhale & Montaron will replace Minsc and Jaheira if you are evil. If it is, I still got a nice idea for a twist. As another thing. I don't think to many people were interessted in Eldoth. Shar-teel is high on charts and Xzar/Montaron combo

The changes in the opening scene and who is dead on the platform (not Xzar) is also beginning to form more and more clearly in my mind.

I also want to not that if it will be done, Kirinhale, she will romance all races, she has a bit of a 'lust' craving. Don't worry I won't make the romance too R-rated ;) Perhaps optional component :o :P :lol: Stat checks will be involved, but they will be quite low. She is more roused by you being a Child of Bhaal, thus having power (not caring if you were another sort of demi-god)

Oh this proposed combination falls under a new option in the poll. Do I need to reset a few votes? If so tell me and I'll do it, so we get a honest view of things. I have recasted my vote in favor of this :D

Edited by Deathsangel, 25 May 2005 - 06:06 AM.

#58 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:19 AM

@ Moongaze -  I have an idea for Montaron romance how to work it out. Indeed the harper quest starts even without Jaheira in party... right? Answer, please ;). If not, no problem.

Yes, the quest starts even without Jaheira in the party. ;)

Oh this proposed combination falls under a new option in the poll. Do I need to reset a few votes? If so tell me and I'll do it, so we get a honest view of things. I have recasted my vote in favor of this  :D

View Post

Good idea. You might want to start a new poll or something. :)

#59 Torn

Torn
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

DA,

Personally, I like the idea of having Shar-Teel and Kirinhale starting in the dungeon with you, rather than Montaron. After all, he is in the game already, and it seems to me to be too much messing around to change that whole story when we could just develop another character and keep the expanded Xzar/Montaron story as it is.

#60 arconian

arconian
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

Kirinhale sounds great to me...An evil succubus think of the possibilities *drools*. I may have said it before while in a drunken stupor and I will say it again because I am now slightly tipsy. *coughs* I will not play an evil protagnist until Deathsangel releases his mod...you rock m'boy! :)

*passes out* :wacko: