Photo

Which ones came along in BG1? (poll is closed!)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Which evil NPC couple do you want to be incaged? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Which evil NPC couple do you want to be incaged?

1. Shar-Teel & Tiax (9 votes [12.33%])

Percentage of vote: 12.33%

2. Shar-Teel & Eldoth (10 votes [13.70%])

Percentage of vote: 13.70%

3. Shar-Teel & Kagain (4 votes [5.48%])

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

4. Jaheira & Tiax (2 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

5. Montaron & Xzar (bit hard to code) (15 votes [20.55%])

Percentage of vote: 20.55%

6. Another Neutral NPC whom I can use & an Evil NPC (i.e. Brandwen & Kagain) (7 votes [9.59%])

Percentage of vote: 9.59%

7. Another special combination (i.e. Montaron and Tiax) (6 votes [8.22%])

Percentage of vote: 8.22%

8. Proposed new combo of Kirinhale (old BG1 non-joinable NPC) & Montaron (old BG1 NPC) (=new option) (7 votes [9.59%])

Percentage of vote: 9.59%

9. Kirinhale & Shar-Teel (=new option) (5 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

10. Other combination with Kirinhale? (=new option) (4 votes [5.48%])

11. This poll has to many options (=new option) (4 votes [5.48%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

Oh this proposed combination falls under a new option in the poll. Do I need to reset a few votes? If so tell me and I'll do it, so we get a honest view of things. I have recasted my vote in favor of this  :D

View Post

Good idea. You might want to start a new poll or something. :)

View Post

To be honest then all have to re-cast their votes and then it will take such a time for all to have voted once again. I think it is quicker to re-vote, by posting a message or PM'ing me. Personal opinion here.

DA,

Personally, I like the idea of having Shar-Teel and Kirinhale starting in the dungeon with you, rather than Montaron.  After all, he is in the game already, and it seems to me to be too much messing around to change that whole story when we could just develop another character and keep the expanded Xzar/Montaron story as it is.

View Post

Montaron isn't physical in the game. I know another way to return Xzar, so people won't miss-out on him and deleting the quest is adding one extra line to the script, which is not extremelly difficult. I also believe that Montaron offers more of another option in personality and game play then Shar-teel.

CE Jester Kido - the lunatic
NE Pit-fighter Ariena - the ferocious one
LE Blackguard Ian - the cold-blooded strategic one
NE Fighter/Thief Montaron - the sneaky one
CE Sorceres Kirinhale - the lusty one

With Shar-teel instead of Montaron you have three fighter types. With Montaron you have a evil thief.

Kirinhale sounds great to me...An evil succubus think of the possibilities *drools*. I may have said it before while in a drunken stupor and I will say it again because I am now slightly tipsy. *coughs* I will not play an evil protagnist until Deathsangel releases his mod...you rock m'boy!  :)

*passes out* :wacko:

View Post

Thanks that made my day :thumb:

[edit] I just see that the numbers of new voters are voting for the new Kirinhale option, thus that seems a good idea. The ones that already voted can't revote, right? Due to the fact that I reshoveled the poll?

Edited by Deathsangel, 26 May 2005 - 06:01 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#62 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:56 AM

Montaron isn't physical in the name. I know another way to return Xzar, so people won't miss-out on him and deleting the quest is adding one extra line to the script, which is not extremelly difficult. I also believe that Montaron offers more of another option in personality and game play then Shar-teel.

CE Jester Kido - the lunatic
NE Pit-fighter Ariena - the ferocious one
LE Blackguard Ian - the cold-blooded strategic one
NE Fighter/Thief Montaron - the sneaky one
CE Sorceres Kirinhale - the lusty one

With Shar-teel instead of Montaron you have three fighter types. With Montaron you have a evil thief.

True. Shar-Teel seems a lot like Ariena, only human. I'd rather have Montaron. >: )

I just see that the numbers of new voters are voting for the new Kirinhale option, thus that seems a good idea. The ones that already voted can't revote, right? Due to the fact that I reshoveled the poll?

View Post

That's true, you edited the poll options, but the ones that have already voted cannot vote again, hence why I suggested a new poll. :) It's your call, though. Kirinhale seems to be welcomed anyway.

#63 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

I reckon you wish to re-cast your vote? ;)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#64 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

Removed Eldoth & Kagain combo as it had no votes and the other non-joinable NPC of BG1 for that is just another special combination, besides Kirinhale seems to be winning votes quickly ;)

[edit] I'll remove all the one-votes for it seems to me indeed, as is voted that this poll has to many options. I'll remove: Kagain & Tiax, Kagain & Jaheira, Jaheira & Eldoth. These votes will be put into another: another combo or another neutral/evil combo. If you wish to re-cast your vote just say it to me.

Hope this makes the poll a bit clearer, for I was getting a few votes that this poll indeed had to many options.

Edited by Deathsangel, 27 May 2005 - 12:05 AM.

#65 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:05 AM

I had to write the poll down in a post, because after I edited it suddenly lost options. I send SConrad a PM about this. I don't know what happened.

[edit] Fixed it by giving every option a new place, but that shouldn't normally be right solution in my eyes... :blink:

Edited by Deathsangel, 03 June 2005 - 01:12 AM.

#66 Lord Kain

Lord Kain
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

Sometimes I think Korgan IS Kagain. I mean personality wise they are almost the same dwarf. The only difference is the name and stats. Viconia and Jaheria both had major stat increases for BG2.

For ease of coding I'd advise, Edwin and Viconia. As they are the only evil NPCs in BG2 who were in also BG1 and can be a party member in an unmodded game. The only thing to overcome is a bit of changes in the quests to get the Thief stronghold. And I guess change one banter Viconia has with the city guard who asks if this guy was begging from you.

When she talks about how you saved her, the rivin in a few of her banters and can be said she's talking about the flaming fist in the first baldur's gate.

#67 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

Sometimes I think Korgan IS Kagain. I mean personality wise they are almost the same dwarf.

View Post

In that they're both...evil. And greedy. In other words, they're as close to being the same character as Eldoth and Edwin.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#68 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

Sometimes I think Korgan IS Kagain. I mean personality wise they are almost the same dwarf. The only difference is the name and stats.

It's a question of emphasis. Kagain is a goldbug. If he got rich enough, he wouldn't much care if he never killed anything else ever again. Korgan, otoh, would like to be rich mainly because being rich would free up more of his time for killing more (and more interesting) things.

EDIT: Hic! Simultaneous posts!

Edited by Hendryk, 05 June 2005 - 05:33 PM.

Ready. Fire. Aim.

#69 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:34 PM

It looks like your riding with Eldoth and Shar-Teel. Would that mean you find Skie somewhere in the dungeon instead of Khalid?

Edited by Kael, 08 July 2005 - 07:41 PM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#70 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:46 AM

Actually the vote count is a bit distorted as I added the Kirinhale option very late. Much later then the others and she has got in a short time an extreme amount of time a good amount of votes and has raced into 3rd position.

I also heard that Shar-Teel and Eldoth fight eachother in BG1 so it was actually a weird combination. Besides, if you look at the real count Montaron & Xzar won. Taking this into account I take Montaron. Other reasons include Ariena being like Shar-Teel and with Montaron MftW provides all your needs for an evil party, as you get a thief.

Thus I have decided it will be Montaron & Kirinhale.

Edited by Deathsangel, 09 July 2005 - 12:56 AM.

#71 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:31 AM

View Post

Wicked. ;)

#72 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:41 AM

View Post

Wicked. ;)

View Post

Hahaha :lol:

#73 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

Dance Dance DANCE! Praise be to ye for choosing at least Kirinhale! :D NOw how will you justify Montaron being there without Xzar :P ;)

#74 arconian

arconian
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:54 AM

Guh, that was me by the way not logged in sorry...

#75 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:19 AM

NOw how will you justify Montaron being there without Xzar :P ;)

View Post

Easy. Montaron hates Xzar's guts. After being stuck as Xzar's gofer in BG1, he was stationed in the backwater (from the Zhent pov) of the Sword Coast again and *AGAIN* as nothing but Xzar's caddy. So he got pissed off, told the Zhents where to stick their stupid assignments and is now a freelance murdering psychopath with a Zhent price on his head.

That'll complicate the PC's life if the party meets any real Zhents along the way but it could also make relations with the Harpers - different, if not actually more pleasant.

Edited by Hendryk, 10 July 2005 - 04:21 AM.

Ready. Fire. Aim.

#76 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:20 AM

Just to let you all know Rabain has made two perfect portraits for Kirinhale.

Hendryk has got a nice way of explaining.

Another thing could be that Xzar escaped from Irencus clutches and joined the Zhents in Athlatka (which this mod introduces) or he could be the one lying on the table... Just to keep the options open and spoilers low (er) :P

#77 arconian

arconian
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

Just to let you all know Rabain has made two perfect portraits for Kirinhale.

Ooooh, are we goin' to see screenshots :P

Hendryk has got a nice way of explaining.

Yes, I agree, thanks Hendryk!

Another thing could be that Xzar escaped from Irencus clutches and joined the Zhents in Athlatka (which this mod introduces) or he could be the one lying on the table... Just to keep the options open and spoilers low (er) :P

I would personaly like to see Xzar on the table:

Montaron: Look, that stiff, it's Xzar.

PC: Did whomever locked us up here do this?

Montaron: No, I did, that'll teach the bastard to drag me everywhere like a figgin' dog on a leash!

:ph34r:

#78 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:13 AM

Montaron: And the mad wizard has fallen! Hrm...saves me the trouble. :angry: (Stabs Xzar's corpse) Let's see... Ah, he will not be needin' this. (Pockets Xzar's leftover valuables)

Edited by Moongaze, 11 July 2005 - 12:14 AM.

#79 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:42 PM

Okay, I'm new to this forum! I've played BG for ages and am enjoying some mods, too for BGII. But I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know who Kirnhale is, and Kagain sounds familiar, but can't place him. And I never played with Skie, was she the girl in the rich estate in Baldurs Gate? Obviously, I play BGII WAY more often than BG.
In BGII I got the idea that Xzar and Montaron became friends thru adversity as Xzar is really upset that 'poor Monty' is missing somewhere inside the Harper base. He really wants his buddy back, and is genuinely thrilled when he thinks Monty will be returned to his side.
Just have to say, AWWWWW!!! Maybe they became pals after all, and they should be together in Chateau Irenicus.
Like I said, I'm new to this particular forum, but as I am currently enjoying playing neutral or slightly evil (and hopefully later, really evil) parties I'm eager for this mod to be released.

#80 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:12 AM

Okay, I'm new to this forum!  I've played BG for ages and am enjoying some mods, too for BGII.  But I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know who Kirnhale is, and Kagain sounds familiar, but can't place him.  And I never played with Skie, was she the girl in the rich estate in Baldurs Gate?  Obviously, I play BGII WAY more often than BG.

View Post

Kagain is a Dwarf you can take into your party in Beregost. He has his own shop and his only love is gold. Skie is indeed the rich girl in Baldurs Gate, who joins you if you have Eldoth in the party. Kirinhale is a non-joinable NPC that resided in Durlag's Tower unless you release her (which is an evil act). She is a succubus and thus a perfect and unique evil character.

In BGII I got the idea that Xzar and Montaron became friends thru adversity as Xzar is really upset that 'poor Monty' is missing somewhere inside the Harper base.  He really wants his buddy back, and is genuinely thrilled when he thinks Monty will be returned to his side.
Just have to say, AWWWWW!!!  Maybe they became pals after all, and they should be together in Chateau Irenicus.

View Post

That is just too sweet a thought, I believe. Montaron is Xzar's lacky put with him by the Zhentarium. Montaron likes it less then Xzar, but that is more because Montaron is more a loner type and is in a subordinate position. Xzar is just making the best of it and likes to use Montaron (which is the reason why he wants him back), but doesn't really like, which becomes obvious if Montaron dies and you have Xzar in your group.

Like I said, I'm new to this particular forum, but as I am currently enjoying playing neutral or slightly evil (and hopefully later, really evil) parties I'm eager for this mod to be released.

View Post

Thank you. Such words encourage me to mod. At the moment Ariena is being tested. I am moving on to Kido version 4. Mainly his personal quest as to learn how that needs to with coding.