Keldorn <3

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:10 AM

Something that makes the mod more interesting needs certainly be added, but what would that be? A quest for Keldorn?

#82 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:34 AM

Aye, I agree that is needed. A quest sounds nice, since I do not really consider Keldorn's marriage problems a "quest". My mind is quite blank at the moment, so I cannot think up what type of quest it would be.

#83 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:57 AM

Perhaps the quest could be the following, freely edited or something else entirely: Keldorn receives a quest from the Order after his family troubles in the romance have been solved. Prelate Wessalen tells him to seek out and bring to justice a bounty hunter called Maniyoko Omnaharin of Kara-Tur. The reason for the hunt of the bounty hunter would be a contract Maniyoko had recently accepted, the contract consisting of killing an amnish politician Hiroud Sheervan who has been on the side of the Order on various occasions. When Keldorn and the PC investigate the case they find out that Sheervan has plotted against the Order, his goal being the replament of the Order's leaders with his own men. Keldorn and the PC can't be sure if the information is true or a lie distributed by the elusive bounty hunter Omnaharin. When the PC and Keldorn use some help from either the Harpers, Shadow Thieves or diviner mages, they find out where the bounty hunter hides and they go to get him. When they encounter Omnaharin he tells them that the news of Sheervan's betrayal are true and that they should help him to kill Sheervan. Now, this is the time when Keldorn and the PC must choose right or Keldorn shall lose his standing in the Order and the romance is ruined. I'll leave the rest to you modders to decide. And when the ToB part is being made I think that its pretty easy to imagine Keldorn's ex-wife blaming him when the party encounters the shadow wraith.

#84 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:25 PM

Very impressive, Silver. I like the idea quite a lot.

#85 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:44 AM

A test of Keldorn's skill, Prelate Wessalen could have given him this quest to see if he is still able to do his part in the Order. I think that the Prelate might be interested in the PC's and Keldorn's relationship, trying to find out if its for good or bad, since Keldorn only recently had family troubles. I am glad that the quest does not seem so used-up as I thought it might.

#86 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:51 AM

A little spoiler:

Athkatla, Government District, Firecam estate
Keldorn (K)
Maria (M)
<CHARNAME> (PC)
K (gloomly): Maria? I'm waiting for explanations. Detailed explanations. How could it be that the girls were home alone?
M: They were not alone. Some of the servants were in the house.
K: "Some"? And where have you been?
M: I was out. The bandits are restless lately, so I took guard with me.
K: We have enough men to protect both you and the house.
M: I was afraid to go out with regular guard.
K (harshly): You have taken all of them?
M: No! I mean, not completely. I've left two servants at home, I thought they could call for help if the odds were wrong.
K (in lifeless voice): Go on.
M: Thieves don't walk alone now, they've killed the guards by the door swiftly and silently, no one heard anything. Vespa was slain in her bed. Leona've managed to open the window and called for help before she was shot with a crossbow. Soldiers ran on her cries, but it was too late! Oh, Keldorn, it was so horrible!
(Keldorn covers his face with hands and remains silent. A few moments later he speaks in hollow voice.)
K: Let's make a total. You went to a lover, took all the guards with you and left our daughters unprotected.
M: Keldorn! How dare you to accuse me!
K (interrupts her fiercefuly): And where else could you go at late night? Decent woman don't make visits at such time of day! I have broken the law and haven't brought you to courts, though I should! Your place is beyond the grates! I have forgiven you and you sweared you love me - what for? You've never felt even compassion for me...
M: No, I haven't. You were indifferent to me.
K: Then why have you agreed to become my wife? Nobody would force you to do it...
M (with wonder): My parents said I would accustom myself to you, maybe even fall in love, then again, you were so... interesting, respected, other maids were jealous...
K: Go on...
M: And... I knew you wouldn't be home often...
K: Go on...
M: And then Reynold appeared.
K: At last! After all those years I can learn the truth.
M: Yes! He made you challenge him... and he was such a nice swordsman!
K: This I never doubted. I wonder, how have I managed to kill him with such a wound... (turns to PC) Do you remember that scar on my left side?
PC: Yes, a terrible scar.
K: In fact it goes much lower... I really have no idea how have I survived.
PC: Your death was unpleasant to the gods, Keldorn. (embraces his torso) Let's go, my friend. You have nothing to do here anymore...
K: Yes, you are right, my dear friend.
M (spitefuly): Just look at this, you've already turned her head. Oh, how romantic - a suffering hero!
K (with anger): Shut your black mouth, Maria!
PC: Keldorn, let's go, please! Let's go to the temple and pray for the souls of your daughters... (to Maria) Shame on you, madame!
K: Yes, let's go to the temple. It is a good idea... (holds on PC's shoulder) Let's go...
M: I don't remember you embracing me in public.
K (tired): I do not embrace her, I hold on her... How cruel you are, Maria, how could I not see it before... Lodge a divorce, I will accept any conditions. You may leave yourself the house, I won't be able to stay here anyway.
M: What? A divorce?
K: Haven't you planned this, making a scandal?
M: Well, not exactly...
K (gloomly): Understood. You hoped I would kill Sir William, and the Order would execute me. Bring a divorce. Let's go, <CHARNAME>.
[end]

About Keldorns quest: I mentioned early I planned a new chapter. The war between Amn and Riatavin, then - the defence of Firecam Castle near Esmeltaran, Kelemvor appears and interferes... I wouldn't to continue :) It would be a huge spoiler... ;)

#87 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:23 AM

Hmm... I'm not sure if this is the right way to deal with Keldorn's family, but its your call, Senka. You mod, you decide.

#88 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:03 AM

It is rather drastic, though I like how the characters are worked out. As the mage says, 'tis your choice, Senka. ^_^

#89 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:52 AM

Glad you are coming out in the open with it, Senka and it's interesting to see it in English version :) My vote is still for more PC options though :)

#90 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

And my vote is for the mod to be done SOON!!!! :D :D

No, really, Senka, I like this a lot. Please keep going. Do you have a forum anywhere that I can haunt? ;)

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#91 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:56 AM

My vote is still for more PC options though

Aye, I agree with domi at this. As this is just a one dialog, I can't really say what feeling the mod will have, but it seems good so far.

#92 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:23 AM

Any more news on Keldorn? Do you have a forum yet, Senka? ;)

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#93 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:42 AM

Do you have a forum yet, Senka?

Thanks, Sillara. You see, I'm Russian and I don't know English well. I can read, I can play, but I cannot speak and write :). It's very difficult for to discuss with you, I'm sorry... If I'll decide to discuss my mod in forum, it would be Russian forum.

Glad you are coming out in the open with it, Senka and it's interesting to see it in English version

Domi, my son translated it. This is only example how I decided to make Keldorn free.

My vote is still for more PC options though

This is not dialogue rather cutcsene, and PC doesn't need any options :)

#94 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:28 AM

Kudos to your son :) it needs a bit of polishing and editing - but it is a good translation. :)

This is not dialogue rather cutcsene, and PC doesn't need any options

Opinions differ.. I think whenever PC is given a word there needs to be some choice, since PC's temperament, motivation and POV differ dramatically even within the bound of the same class/alignment; otherwise it takes away the feeling of interactivity; on the other hand Hendryk told me that for him it is better to have no choice than the illusion of choice (ie different options leading into same reply or "exit" options).

We obviously tend to pull the blanket towards the 'way I see the certain NPC romanced' - I have people complaining that their PC is unable to find the reply they like with 4-5 options - which to me indicate that they look for the things that were not there.

#95 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:00 AM

on the other hand Hendryk told me that for him it is better to have no choice than the illusion of choice (ie different options leading into same reply or "exit" options).

Exactly! This is waste of time, this is always annoing me very much... And, I'd like to say, Keldorn is not your boyfriend, not your lover, and doesn't allow any non-respect in PC voice. He doesn't need PC but PC needs him. And, chaotic answer will lead to end-romance, of course :) Only good, clever, wise and brave girl will have success :)
Chyort poberi, eto holerno trudno obijsnit'! ;) Slov u menja ne hvataet... :(

#96 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:59 AM

Exactly! This is waste of time, this is always annoing me very much... And, I'd like to say, Keldorn is not your boyfriend, not your lover, and doesn't allow any non-respect in PC voice. He doesn't need PC but PC needs him. And, chaotic answer will lead to end-romance, of course Only good, clever, wise and brave girl will have success.

Chyort poberi, eto holerno trudno obijsnit'! Slov u menja ne hvataet...

No, I understand what you are saying - to me it means that you have one clearly defined PC voice. Which is good.

Irregardless to this mod, I personally would take illusion of choice over the one-choice dialogues (and of course I prefer most of all real 'choice' where NPC somehow reacts to PC's tone). When I play, I am looking not only for discovering a (new) NPC but also my PC. I like to invent one for every game I am playing. My latest is waiting for testing Dynaheir's romance and is the only male protagonist I am going to play - a larger than life northerner, a heavy drinker and a quick-wit, to whom I custom fit one of the passes through the romance :) PC's are no less interesting than NPCs... they need a voice, me think.

I know that it is much more difficult to write and takes much more time, but for me its worth it. I suppose that two brave, smart, wise and good will speak differently (take for example Ajantis, Aerie, Dynaheir and Keldorn - they all fit this description, but their personalities and speach patterns are wastly different). A mage will sound different from a fighter or a scald. They can be romantic or down-to-earth, descisive or hesitant. Dreamer or cynical... etc, etc, etc, still staying good, brave, wise and intelligent.

Edited by domi, 07 October 2004 - 09:06 AM.

#97 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:28 AM

Is it planned that the SoA part is made first and the ToB is released later?

#98 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:51 AM

No-no, only fully mod :) But I haven't programmer and I know only one who could realize all my... foolishness :) I need to convinced him but I'm not sure he would agree.

#99 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:29 AM

Has your coder agreed yet? I would really LOVE to romance Keldorn, so I hope he has!

Sillara :^^:
Check out my RPG forum!

#100 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:33 AM

Aye, good question. I'd like to know as well. :)
We want Keldorn! We want Keldorn! *whistles* :P