Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#81 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:00 AM

I just found a dialog loop late in the TOB part of the mod. When Edwin asks to marry the PC, Imoen chimes in about it being so cute, it loops around back to Edwin, and so on. Doesn't even get to the PC's chance to reply. Has this particular bug been reported yet?

#82 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:54 AM

I just found a dialog loop late in the TOB part of the mod. When Edwin asks to marry the PC, Imoen chimes in about it being so cute, it loops around back to Edwin, and so on. Doesn't even get to the PC's chance to reply. Has this particular bug been reported yet?

View Post

Thank you for reporting this. Easiest way to get past the problem would be to temporarily drop Imoen out of party. Alternatively taking Sarevok to the party if you're of good or neutral alignment should help.

#83 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:32 PM

Having problem downloading the Edwin SoA romance..T.T it says theres an error w/ Dialoge.talk

Please help

#84 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:51 PM

Having problem downloading the Edwin SoA romance..T.T it says theres an error w/ Dialoge.talk

Please help

View Post

Did it say that it couldn't find Dialog.tlk?

Edited by Catseye, 16 January 2005 - 03:52 PM.

Just arrived from The Inn of the Prancing Pony

#85 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

yeah, no matter how many times I reinstalled it, it still wouldn't work T.T

#86 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:18 AM

View Post

Is it downloading or installing that's the problem? That is, do you get some kind of error message as you download the mod, or when you try to install it?

#87 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:08 AM

View Post

That happened to me and then I realized that when I installed it wasn't going into the main directory. It defaulted to another directory.

#88 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:58 AM

Installing's the problem. I have no problem saving the file onto my computer, but when I try to install the romance I get the error message.. :(

#89 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:59 AM

You mean the BG directory?

#90 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:33 PM

View Post

Yes, the download must be unzipped into the main 'SoA' directory. Then, once you've done that, you should see an installation file that will let you actually install the mod.

#91 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

Ok thanks

#92 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:17 PM

View Post

Yes, just make sure that it is being installed in the BG directory. Hopefully it is something so simple as this. :)

#93 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

YES! =D IT WORKS! thank you so much for the help =)

#94 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

View Post

Glad to have helped! :D Your really gonna love Eddie. He's great. :thumb:

#95 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:20 AM

View Post

Glad it worked out for you - and hope you'll have fun with Eddie. :)

#96 -Guest_eachna_*-

-Guest_eachna_*-

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:01 PM

Degardan bug

I read through the Degardan mini faq and this thread and I haven't seen anything "quite" like this issue.

Romance appears to progress normally. Edwin becomes Edwina. More banters/discussions. Degardan appears once, I lie and say I don't know where Edwin is. Degardan appears again, and changes Edwina to Edwin.

Here is where things broke. Edwin did _not_ make his little speech about how Degardan helped him but must die. Instead, he effectively halted at returning to his male form. I walked away and left Degardan in Trademeet (didn't want to attack a 'blue' NPC).

Edwin is now Edwin, and there are no more banters. I go hither and yon, and eventually decide clicking on Edwin's portrait and the 'chat' icon.

Interestingly, Edwin makes his speech about how Degardan has to die. However, we're in Athlkata and there's no Degardan to be found. Pack up and head back to Trademeet. No Degardan.

Every time I click on the chat icon, and then click on edwin, he makes his speech about wanting to kill degardan.

What can I do from here to fix this? Is it possible to just advance some variable instead of trying to muck around and spawn Degardan's sprite? If I need to spawn him, what is the exact CLUA command? I tried:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DegardanSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DegardanAppear","GLOBAL",1)

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DegardanAppear","GLOBAL",2)

Neither pair makes the lunk appear.

I also tried setting EdwinRomance to "2" and advancing out of game time. Nothing happened.

Gwen

#97 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:13 AM

Degardan bug

I read through the Degardan mini faq and this thread and I haven't seen anything "quite" like this issue.

Romance appears to progress normally. Edwin becomes Edwina. More banters/discussions. Degardan appears once, I lie and say I don't know where Edwin is. Degardan appears again, and changes Edwina to Edwin.

Here is where things broke. Edwin did _not_ make his little speech about how Degardan helped him but must die. Instead, he effectively halted at returning to his male form. I walked away and left Degardan in Trademeet (didn't want to attack a 'blue' NPC).

Edwin is now Edwin, and there are no more banters. I go hither and yon, and eventually decide clicking on Edwin's portrait and the 'chat' icon.

Interestingly, Edwin makes his speech about how Degardan has to die. However, we're in Athlkata and there's no Degardan to be found. Pack up and head back to Trademeet. No Degardan.

Every time I click on the chat icon, and then click on edwin, he makes his speech about wanting to kill degardan.

What can I do from here to fix this? Is it possible to just advance some variable instead of trying to muck around and spawn Degardan's sprite? If I need to spawn him, what is the exact CLUA command? I tried:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DegardanAppear","GLOBAL",1)

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DegardanAppear","GLOBAL",2)

Neither pair makes the lunk appear.

I also tried setting EdwinRomance to "2" and advancing out of game time. Nothing happened.

Gwen

View Post

Hm...now that is a variant of bug I haven't encountered before. I assume you had the 'lock of hair' lovetalk? The global 'EdwinRomanceDegardan' should be set to '2' after that.

Now, directly after Degardan turns Edwina back to Edwin and is killed, you should get the dialogue where Edwin wants to kiss you. It might be possible to trick the game into believing Degardan is dead if you set the global variable 'SPRITE_IS_DEADDEGARD' to '1'. Or else, you might try to create the creature 'Degard2'.

#98 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:26 PM

hey 1st just wanted to say that I loved the SoA romance!!!! :lol: :wub: It was definetly one of the best romances I have ever played!

Anyway, sad to say I ran into another problem; I just finished playing SoA but when I switched to the ToB romance Edwin's lt began replacing the other Npc's dialogues.. :crying:

what should I do?

#99 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:07 AM

hey 1st just wanted to say that I loved the SoA romance!!!! :lol:  :wub:  It was definetly one of the best romances I have ever played!

Anyway, sad to say I ran into another problem; I just finished playing SoA but when I switched to the ToB romance Edwin's lt began replacing the other Npc's dialogues.. :crying: 

what should I do?

View Post

OK, sounds like your installation might have become somehow corrupted. I would recommend uninstalling both mods, reinstalling the game (keeping your old save games of course) and reinstalling the mods. Hopefully, that should fix things. Also, do you have the ToB patch installed? If not, dialogues sometimes become messed up even if you don't have any mods installed.

#100 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:43 PM

Yay that worked! ^^ thanks again. No I dont have the patch installed..but the dialogues are coming along perfectly.