Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#1 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:18 PM

In order to make it easier for us to fix whatever bugs you come across, please gather them all together in this thread. :) That means less risk of us missing to fix something once it's time for the next update.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:17 PM

:help: Here's a question for you guys (Im not sure if its a problem w/ my computer or if its a bug either way help is apreciated):

I've been playing the mod (Awesome btw, even though im still in the beginning)and I'm currently in the druid grove *no spoilers* . The problem is that my computer always freezes and demands disc 5 right before I'm about to talk w/ Edwin. I've tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it but it still does it. What can I do? :unsure:

#3 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

Argh... this is absolutely unique complain. Can you maybe reinstall the whole game and do 'full install'? I cannot think of much else...

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#4 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:34 AM

Afaik that happens when your disc is scratched/broken/dirty, try and clean it :) And yeah, doing a full install is a good idea :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#5 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:18 PM

I get the kissing dlg twice, the first time, it happens when i go to rest, second time it happens as if on a timer, and forces a rest. I have also had a prob with the dlg where he gives you the charm being skipped for some reason, and even using shadow keeper to get the item doesn't help when trying to ressurect him. My pc merely says hmmm... after i put in his body and bodhis heart . The option to add the charm does'nt come up, and adding it anyway doesn't nothing. I tried this several times from my last save. I have now gone back to a save from before he offered to make the charm, to see if I can get it to work this time

Anyhow.... apart from that, great dlg! A really good mix of keeping him in character, but making him more lovable :lol:
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

-Katharine Hepburn

#6 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:36 PM

Argh... this is absolutely unique complain. Can you maybe reinstall the whole game and do 'full install'? I cannot think of much else...

"Afaik that happens when your disc is scratched/broken/dirty, try and clean it And yeah, doing a full install is a good idea

Thanks I'll try that :)

#7 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:41 PM

You can try setting your drive to read at a slower speed. That apparently helps sometimes if the disc isn't too badly scratched. You might also want to copy all of the files off the disc onto your HD (or another disc).

#8 ElvenArcher

ElvenArcher
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:49 AM

You can try setting your drive to read at a slower speed. That apparently helps sometimes if the disc isn't too badly scratched. You might also want to copy all of the files off the disc onto your HD (or another disc).

thanks for the help! It works :D :wub: now I get to continue the romance!

#9 Varekai

Varekai
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

i think i have problem, i did the Nether scroll quest and all that ... but nothing happens!!! i try to rest in Umar hills almost for a week and no Edwin-Edwina ???? what i did wrong? :bash:

#10 -Jali-

-Jali-

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:09 PM

i think i have problem, i did the Nether scroll quest and all that ... but nothing happens!!! i try to rest in Umar hills almost for a week and no Edwin-Edwina ???? what i did wrong? :bash:

That's weird. Edwin should comment about the scroll a day or so after you get it, and have his little magical accident a day after. Unless it's a bug directly related to the mod or a glitch in game, are you sure you let him keep it? "You're going to use that for the party, right?" instead of "That's party treasure, Edwin." Did you try travelling to another area, maybe?

#11 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:24 PM

That is very weird indeed...I've played this part of the mod a large number of times, and never saw anything like it. I do know there was a bug in the original game where the transformation didn't happen if you picked the 'it's party treasure' dialogue option, but I had thought that was fixed in later patches.

Do you have a save before you went and got the Scroll, by any chance?

#12 Varekai

Varekai
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:34 PM

noooooooo!!! that was my answer!!! :bash: But he have the scroll and we spend like a week in Umar Hills, and nothing!! only for choosing that answer
żż how cruel !! :wall:
I supose i will have to do again the quest :huh:

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:06 AM

noooooooo!!! that was my answer!!! :bash: But he have the scroll and we spend like a week in Umar Hills, and nothing!! only for choosing that answer
żż how cruel !! :wall:
I supose i will have to do again the quest :huh:

Ouch...sorry to hear that. :( I recommend downloading the latest patches from Biowares site - as I said, I believe they fix this problem.

#14 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:33 AM

I have a bug with edwins resurection. I re-loaded to make sure I got the hair charm and all the love talks properly, but I still only get "hmmm..." when I put the heart and body in the thing at umar hills. There doesn't seem to be any way to resurect him :( :( :(

-Katharine Hepburn

#15 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:11 AM

I have a bug with edwins resurection. I re-loaded to make sure I got the hair charm and all the love talks properly, but I still only get "hmmm..." when I put the heart and body in the thing at umar hills. There doesn't seem to be any way to resurect him :( :( :(

Strange...do you have a savegame you could send on to Dorotea?

#16 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:22 AM

yes, how do I send it ?

-Katharine Hepburn

#17 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:29 AM

yes, how do I send it ?

Mail it to Dorotea at ladydorotea@hotmail.com and describe the nature of the problem as exactly as you can.

#18 Alandrea

Alandrea

Sweet and Innocent

• 262 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:15 PM

I've gotten the 'I've been watching you' LT twice now, once outside Watcher's Keep and once on the first level of it. I haven't played past the point where I got it a second time so it may not be important but I thought I should mention it.
~*kitty*~

You must gather your pants before venturing forth

The lunatics are running this asylum.

#19 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:23 PM

I've gotten the 'I've been watching you' LT twice now, once outside Watcher's Keep and once on the first level of it. I haven't played past the point where I got it a second time so it may not be important but I thought I should mention it.

I see Dorotea posted the second version now - hopefully that is now fixed. :)

#20 Adder

Adder
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:36 PM

Right, first things first: I definitely love the mod (in fact it motivated me to install ToB!) Brilliant work! :wub:

Well, for the bugs (sorry, but you asked for it -_- ), there seem to be sort of connections between the areas now, i. e. the dialog with the green-black mage who cursed Jaheira started while the party was still in the building, talking to this cowled guy. Later there appeared a monster in the Temple District.

When I met Degardan for the second time, instead of commenting on his spell Edwin started a banter with Korgan; I had to enforce the usual dialog.

At the moment I'm trying to go on to Chapter 4, but Edwin keeps talking about "important business" every time I try to do the dialog with Aran Linvail, though I went through tho whole Nether-Scroll-Thing and there is no other quest in sight.
"Face it, if crime didn't pay, there would be very few criminals"
-Laughton Lewis Burdock-