Photo

Mark's Misadventures

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:17 PM

Cool. That makes sense and I found the 2da (spawngrp.2da). Just wondering how it reads? There is a row labeled difficulty...whats that for and I assume the rows labeled 1-10 indicate the random number...and the rows with stars mean no creature is spawned? Sorry about all the questions. Im just interested in understanding. Maybe there is a faq out there. Ill look, but if anyone knows the url, id appriciate it.

#42 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

Just finished Firewine....no trolls  :(  The area and dungeon are just as I remember them.  BTW, where do the BP kobalds show up that mark mentioned?  Are those the ones at Ulcaster?

View Post

I think Horred originally had them set to spawn at @ AR9800, x3268, y631. I have also run into a second set of them at @ AR9900, x3611, y1572. This last time, when I ran through Ulcaster, I found the blast-em Kobalds at @ AR9800, x1741, y1388. I don't mind 'em movin' about. Keeps you on your toes, but it was definitely interesting enough to report.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 29 October 2004 - 06:38 PM.

"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#43 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:08 AM

Cool.  That makes sense and I found the 2da (spawngrp.2da).  Just wondering how it reads?  There is a row labeled difficulty...whats that for and I assume the rows labeled 1-10 indicate the random number...and the rows with stars mean no creature is spawned?  Sorry about all the questions.  Im just interested in understanding.  Maybe there is a faq out there.  Ill look, but if anyone knows the url, id appriciate it.

View Post

Difficulty should be just that, a check to see what difficulty level you are on (insane vs easy). Therefore, the spawns adjust as needed.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#44 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:09 AM

Perhaps this is the topic of another thread. I assumed that difficulty related to the difficulty level of the game, but the numbers in that row cover such a large range, I just dont understand the relation. Does anyone know a good resource for discriptions on .2da file formats? My google searches have found some info, but nothing detailing this file in particular or a complete list. Thanks again.

#45 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:56 PM

Does anyone know a good resource for discriptions on .2da file formats?  My google searches have found some info, but nothing detailing this file in particular or a complete list.  Thanks again.

View Post

IESDP

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#46 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:12 AM

I found that resource, but sadly the spawngrp file is not detailed.

#47 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:11 PM

I hate spiders!!!! Managed to clear the second Cloakwood screen last night. No matter what tactic I resort to, I still get caught in the damned web traps on that screen. Some of those damned spiders can throw web spells as well. Hate spiders, hate spiders, hate spiders . . . Anyway, they be dead. Fireballs even up the odds very quickly.

I managed to download both the BGT - Dsotsc upgrade and the Bonehill patch, both are now installed, the Bonehill patch is a little late for this game because I've completed the mod already. I haven't downloaded the version 150 of CTB because people are still making noise about crashes and install problems. That and I'm waiting until somebody comes up with a new worldmap file that ties CTB in with the BT-BGT-NEJ mod.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#48 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:36 PM

The Shadow Druids really should learn to work together. The three of them on the 3rd Cloakwood screen could make a pretty tough opponent, if they worked as a group. Especially with all of the crap they're equipped with by Darkside. Taken one at a time, even the archdruid is pretty tame. Does Elminster show up every time you go back to the Friendly Arms Inn? Both times I come back there during the Cloakwood segment, he's been there waiting to talk to me.

Does the new Dsotsc uninstall your prior WIEDU mods? I had to reinstall the Ease of Use items that I like to use and I can't think of any other reason that they should have been uninstalled.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#49 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:51 AM

The latest S&H patch would require you to uninstall Ease but not DSotSC. Elminster's script is to show up only once, that I know of. I changed one of his dialogs so he can upgrade the mace, but I think that is the El that appears in Beregost (and I have him appearing there also). Maybe I did use that one. I will take a look.

Did you actually talk to him the first time? And the second?

Classic Adventures

#50 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:13 PM

The latest S&H patch would require you to uninstall Ease but not DSotSC.  Elminster's script is to show up only once, that I know of.  I changed one of his dialogs so he can upgrade the mace, but I think that is the El that appears in Beregost (and I have him appearing there also).  Maybe I did use that one.  I will take a look.

Did you actually talk to him the first time?  And the second?

View Post

Yeah. Same dialog both times. I've decided that I can't go back into the Jovial Juggler in Beregost. If I do, I'm gonna hafta control +y one of those annoying little pukes. Only my conscience has kept me from blitzing those two already.

I've pulled together the materials I need for my PnP campaign. Does anybody know of an inexpensive place to have a PDF printed out. Printing them on my home printer is an agonizingly slow process. In any case, the campaign will begin in Tajar. The first adventure will probably be "Suitable Doanations" from Cities of Bone I also plan on using Caravans, Ruined Kingdoms, and Golden Voyages. Al-Qadim is a pretty incredible Campaign Setting.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 04 November 2004 - 07:14 PM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#51 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:35 PM

The two problem children of the Jovial Juggler are only there for chapter 4 in the 1.0 version of the mod. If you have an older version, CTRL-Y!!!

Classic Adventures

#52 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:01 PM

The two problem children of the Jovial Juggler are only there for chapter 4 in the 1.0 version of the mod.  If you have an older version, CTRL-Y!!!

View Post

Ooh, just what I need, permission to kill them little buggers. God that makes a special side trip to Beregost even more tempting. I do have a bunch of crap to sell . . .

They'll not bother anyone again. Control + y'ed in the prime of life. I guess I wasn't quite done with Bonehill. I got jumped by a band of pretty determined fighters outside of the Temple of Lathander, near Beregost. They were looking for that damned Dragon Stave. We're now in the Cloakwood Mines.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 05 November 2004 - 10:16 PM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#53 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 08:53 AM

The two problem children of the Jovial Juggler are only there for chapter 4 in the 1.0 version of the mod.  If you have an older version, CTRL-Y!!!

View Post

Ooh, just what I need, permission to kill them little buggers. God that makes a special side trip to Beregost even more tempting. I do have a bunch of crap to sell . . .

They'll not bother anyone again. Control + y'ed in the prime of life. I guess I wasn't quite done with Bonehill. I got jumped by a band of pretty determined fighters outside of the Temple of Lathander, near Beregost. They were looking for that damned Dragon Stave. We're now in the Cloakwood Mines.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

Hehehe :ph34r:

Classic Adventures

#54 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:07 PM

[quote name='Sir BillyBob' date='Nov 6 2004, 08:43 AM']

Happy Trails . . .

Mark
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

Hehehe :ph34r:
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

Who was the putz that wandered off the screen? Definitely sounds like I'll be meeting him again.

Happy Trails . . .

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#55 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:19 PM

Could be....

Classic Adventures

#56 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:10 PM

Ok, I've finished Cloakwood and returned to the Friendly Arms. Do I have to take Jetlaya?

Just Curious . . .

Mark

#57 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:18 PM

Ok, I've finished Cloakwood and returned to the Friendly Arms. Do I have to take Jetlaya? 

Just Curious . . .

Mark

View Post

Sorry about that. Damned thing normally recognizes me when I log in. Just had another funky encounter. I ran into what appears to be a merchant on the grounds of the Friendly Arm, but his dialog is seriously fubared. Now he's mixing dialog from the Viccy encounter with some craziness from the estate of Entar Silvershield. I'm wondering if this mysterious merchant is the one from Munchmod and my various tinkerings have toasted the install of the mod?

Well something seems to have changed. I uninstalled and then reinstalled Munchmod, and the mysterious merchant disappeared. Go figure . . . From there, I journeyed out beyond Peldvale. The first screen seemed pretty deserted, a few lone Orcs and a couple of Skeletal Warriors. The second screen seems to have some CTD issues. Don't know if I can play it or not.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 07 November 2004 - 06:55 PM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#58 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:32 PM

The second area seems to have some bad spawn points. Unfortunately, DLTCEP doesn't see anything wrong with them (not that I am totally surprised). If you are getting the error about half a screen straight into the map, try walking up the side of the map and then across. That spawn had 4 ghouls as possible spawns. For some reason, sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. Same CRE file, so what gives? Also, I thought that this was a bug before version 1.0. So it sounds like it is still on the map, unless you found another bad spawn point.

By the way, you don't have to have Jet'laya but you do need to talk to her and have her join to trigger the worldmap. You can dump her afterwards but she can really kick undead ass.

Classic Adventures

#59 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:40 AM

The second area seems to have some bad spawn points.  Unfortunately, DLTCEP doesn't see anything wrong with them (not that I am totally surprised).  If you are getting the error about half a screen straight into the map, try walking up the side of the map and then across.  That spawn had 4 ghouls as possible spawns.  For some reason, sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't.  Same CRE file, so what gives?  Also, I thought that this was a bug before version 1.0.  So it sounds like it is still on the map, unless you found another bad spawn point.

By the way, you don't have to have Jet'laya but you do need to talk to her and have her join to trigger the worldmap.  You can dump her afterwards but she can really kick undead ass.

View Post

Sir BillyBob:

I went through and reinstalled Dsotsc. After that, I cleared the map. None of the more threatening undead showed up. Ghouls and a skeleton. Right now, I cannot find the access point for the final map. Where'd they hide the bloody thing?

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#60 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:42 AM

The second area seems to have some bad spawn points.  Unfortunately, DLTCEP doesn't see anything wrong with them (not that I am totally surprised).  If you are getting the error about half a screen straight into the map, try walking up the side of the map and then across.  That spawn had 4 ghouls as possible spawns.  For some reason, sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't.  Same CRE file, so what gives?  Also, I thought that this was a bug before version 1.0.  So it sounds like it is still on the map, unless you found another bad spawn point.

By the way, you don't have to have Jet'laya but you do need to talk to her and have her join to trigger the worldmap.  You can dump her afterwards but she can really kick undead ass.

View Post

Sir BillyBob:

I went through and reinstalled Dsotsc. After that, I cleared the map. None of the more threatening undead showed up. Ghouls and a skeleton. Right now, I cannot find the access point for the final map. Where'd they hide the bloody thing?

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

Oops. Sorry about that. Yes, it was I that posted that last tidbit.

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark