• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:39 AM

I have only looked around a small bit so far but was wondering how Horred has been.  I see Hlid all over the place as always.  Where does he get the time?  It amazes me.  Maybe he's a retired self-made millionaire or something.

View Post

Horred's been swallowed by the evil that is NWN due to it's ease of modding. *Hangs head in a moment of silence.*
As for me, I wish I was independantly wealthy! :crying: I just happen to work mostly nightshifts and have computer access. :P

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#102 Ironthumb

Ironthumb
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:21 AM

Horred's been swallowed by the evil that is NWN due to it's ease of modding. *Hangs head in a moment of silence.*
As for me, I wish I was independantly wealthy! :crying:  I just happen to work mostly nightshifts and have computer access.  :P

View Post

Right on Hlid and stop crying will ya? :thumbsup: :whistling:

I'm glad to say "Hello" to you again. I'm begining to collect mods, read.me's etc. for NWN and plan on buying the Platinum pack after the holidays. I figure I have at least another month of game play to complete the BP so am not in a hurry.

I look forward to seeing what you and Horred come up with for NWN.

Merry Christmas to you and your's!

#103 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:35 PM

As for me, I wish I was independantly wealthy! :crying:  I just happen to work mostly nightshifts and have computer access.  :P

View Post

Right on Hlid and stop crying will ya? :thumbsup: :whistling:

I'm glad to say "Hello" to you again. I'm begining to collect mods, read.me's etc. for NWN and plan on buying the Platinum pack after the holidays. I figure I have at least another month of game play to complete the BP so am not in a hurry.

I look forward to seeing what you and Horred come up with for NWN.

Merry Christmas to you and your's!

View Post

Is Horred up and functionable again? (More importantly than what he's doing, just hearing that he's getting his feet back under him and under steam again is great news.

It's good to hear from you. My current BP-BGT-NEJ install is completely fubared and unplayable. I've been resisting a complete rebuild for the last week or so because I have been concentrating on the P-n-P campaign that I'm running. My last little foray was to set up a separate BGII install to playtest Vlad's new NEJ beta. Evidently I'm still not able to follow simple instructions because I've managed to screw that install up as well. Life is just bleedin' wonderful, ain't it?

Other'n that, life's grand. I've found a new job, had to take a nearly 20 G's paycut but, I'm employed.

Your Ham-Fisted Bumbler . . . .

Mark

p.s. OK, so where's the file that allows you to install ctb with your BP-BGT-NEJ install?

I know, I know, I'm incorrigable.

Edited by mr2131, 10 December 2004 - 12:49 PM.

"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#104 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 02:09 PM

Here

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#105 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:42 PM

Here

View Post

Hefty little file there. Thanks. Downloading it as I type. Just getting ready to do a brand new rebuild of BP.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#106 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:01 PM

Here

View Post

Hefty little file there. Thanks. Downloading it as I type. Just getting ready to do a brand new rebuild of BP.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

View Post

It took three tries to successfully complete my rebuild. I loaded NEJ 2 onto the build to check compatability. The first run through looks promising but, there's a serious install issue with areas and sounds. Of course that could always be my own damned fault. In any case, I probably have more tinkering to do before I can play my way through again. I can swear I downloaded the BGT-CTB patch, but now I can't find the damned thing, so I'll probably have to download it again. :blush: Oops, never mind. I found it. One question though. What order do you install the file in. I also need to get on to Sir BillyBob to find out how to install his new Dsotsc patch. I didn't read it carefully and it sounded complicated.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#107 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

Did you try an auto install? I thought to rename NeJ2 to the old name and see if it would work with the auto installer.

Edited by Chevalier, 12 December 2004 - 10:01 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#108 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:12 PM

Did you try an auto install?  I thought to rename NeJ2 to the old name and see if it would work with the auto installer.

View Post

I didn't think that was possible. :ermm: If it is possible, that might solve a whole host of problems. What all would I have to change to make it work? It's certainly worth another rebuild to make it run properly.

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#109 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:36 PM

Trust me, that wouldn't work.

#110 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:45 PM

Trust me, that wouldn't work.

View Post

Damn! Oh well. I get the distinct impression that the BP-NEJ patch will have to be rewritten before NEJ 2 can be part of a BP install. I also get the feeling that the auto-installer will have to be rewritten as well. :(

It's going to be a day or so before I can set aside the time for another rebuild. I think I have all of the latest file editions collected and I have gone through and updated al of my WEIDU files to the latest WEIDU release, any other suggestions, while I'm waiting?

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 14 December 2004 - 03:46 PM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#111 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:29 AM

Rebuilds used to proceed so smoothly, now it takes half the bleedin' day, and it seems that you've still got issues when you're done. Never mind me. It has been a singularly frustrating morning. It seems that CTB and the ctb4bgt patch both have problems with WEIDU's size restrictions. Neither will install. I'm about ready to swear and throw things, but my kinder, gentler nature has thus far kept me from having a hissy. I'm going to go and check out the new WEIDU version and see if it makes a difference.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#112 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:39 AM

Mark, you are right about Weidu. I posted a question about this but so far, everyone seems to think that Weidu is fixed. I don't know what causes this problem but I have had it several times now. I did find that sometimes the order of mod installation seems to help. After installing the BGT-NeJ-BP with all patches part, install CtB as your first mod after you run the little prep BAT I posted. Install the compatibility mod and run the End BAT file. You should be around 13MB of dialog at this point (if I remember right).

I was then able to install Ease, BH, BGTNPC and DSotSC. For some reason that worked but if you change the order of those mods, it may not work. Also, there is no guarantee that this order will work for you, I may have been very lucky.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#113 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:42 AM

I'd like to remind people about one issue of un/reinstallation that occurs. Often people get frustrated with their installation and like to start fresh. They delete the override, etc... and start with their backup Override, .tlk, .key. However if they don't clear out their backup folders of the mods you get some nasty corruptions of your game files. Remember to gut your backup files and your weidu.log file if you attempt a clean install again.

#114 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

I'd like to remind people about one issue of un/reinstallation that occurs. Often people get frustrated with their installation and like to start fresh. They delete the override, etc... and start with their backup Override, .tlk, .key. However if they don't clear out their backup folders of the mods you get some nasty corruptions of your game files. Remember to gut your backup files and your weidu.log file if you attempt a clean install again.

View Post

Here, here! That be the god's honest truth. Having screwed up more installs than I'd care to count, I can vouch for what he's saying. I spent all day yesterday attempting to rebuild my BP-BGT-NEJ install. At first, I was planning to add CTB to the mix, two failed attempts later, one of them pretty dramatic, I feel lucky to have a very buggy BP-BGT-NEJ install limping along. For awhile, I didn't think I would be able to get any version of BGII up and running. At the moment, I'm using the second install hints that Chev gave me to access my game because my computer refuses to allow me to install BGII or TOB and it also refuses to allow me to uninstall SOA.

On a related note, my son has completed a character modification that he wants to playtest. He asked me to post it to the list and see if anybody would check it out. It says that I can post attachments, but I'd like a thumbs up before I stick anything on here. He's also rebuilding our home network, (Seemingly an endless project. Kinda like Texas highway construction projects.) so that we can have an in-house multiplayer game. :rolleyes:

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#115 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:33 AM

About the only thing that seems to work up loading here is TXT files and they have to be under 512KB.

Classic Adventures

#116 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:20 AM

About the only thing that seems to work up loading here is TXT files and they have to be under 512KB.

View Post

OK, I'll tell him.

I've run into something new, or at least new to me. Talking to Ajantis during Chapter Two causes my game to crash. I've just finished most of the Friendly Arm stuff and was geing to pick up Ajantis before I headed south to Beregost.

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 19 December 2004 - 06:39 AM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#117 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:34 AM

View Post

List of file attachment types:
.are; .baf; .bcs; .bam; .bmp; .bs; .doc; .gif; .d; .htm; .html; .ico; .jpg; .jpeg; .pdf; .php; .png; .rtf; .spl; .tiff; .tp2; .txt; .xml.

:whistling:

#118 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:30 PM

I knew about the jpg files. You fixed the rest? Cool, what about compressed files? And the overall size limit?

Classic Adventures

#119 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:28 PM

Compressed files are forbidden by the host. *grumbles*
Size limits are in effect to prevent the forums from becoming bogged down. Moderators have a little more room for them, but that's forum life.

#120 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:01 PM

Compressed files are forbidden by the host. *grumbles*
Size limits are in effect to prevent the forums from becoming bogged down. Moderators have a little more room for them, but that's forum life.

View Post

Ok, I'm gonna have to break the bad news to him than. The files are in .tbg form because he doesn't want to learn to use WEIDU. I can create items with IEEP and with DLTCEP, but I don't know how to pack them in an acceptable format either. My current party is now in Nashkel, getting ready to clear out the mines. I had a little trouble with character hesitation, but changing scripts seems to have resolved the problem.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark