Revised Celestials

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:41 AM

Re: the innate wish. There is no dialogue right? The Solar uses 'Wish' and something happens right?

#22 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:54 AM

Re: the innate wish. There is no dialogue right? The Solar uses 'Wish' and something happens right?

Nope, it is a bit complicated:
1.: The Solar casts the spell;
2.: The Djinn negotiates with the Solar, but YOU have the option to choose from the options (as if you would roleplay the Solar);
3.: the Solar "casts/activates" the chosen effect.

It seemed a nice method for me.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#23 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:45 PM

Well if the fallen versions of the creatures were only summonable by neutral characters i could see them being okay...but....

I don't understand you here Jinnai. You mean that only neutral characters should be able to summon EVIL celestials...? :wacko: :unsure:

View Post

I view falled as a state between good and evil. They haven't turned into fiends, but they are no longer good. IE the fallen status represents a middle ground, like a neutral character betweem good and evil.

You could always change the alignment.

I just don't see why you're giving the ability to summon fallen status creatures and fiends to evil characters.

Edited by Jinnai, 28 October 2004 - 10:49 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 01:47 AM

Nope, it is a bit complicated:
1.: The Solar casts the spell;
2.: The Djinn negotiates with the Solar, but YOU have the option to choose from the options (as if you would roleplay the Solar);
3.: the Solar "casts/activates" the chosen effect.

It seemed a nice method for me.

View Post

And for enemy solars, how it will be ?

#25 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:37 AM

Since we have no scripter ATM, I can't tell you much. Not sure if they'll use it at all.
Posted Image

#26 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:05 AM

Since we have no scripter ATM, I can't tell you much. Not sure if they'll use it at all.

View Post

Have done once with only two spells (Sucineri in TOB, MTP), and it was a pain in the a**. Have done with 8 spells (Large Scale Battle), but without checks (fully random). Still, it will be a great teaching for me in Probabilities if I want to do it correct. (Probability calculus will be in my next year of Uni, not this one, so it will be a great challenge).
BUT this time I will do it correctly. Promised.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#27 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:12 AM

Please make it sure to inform us about your "availability" Bigg, so we can organize the work a bit better - much depends on your help nowadays, you know. ;) :thumb:
Posted Image

#28 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:13 AM

As I told, pretty much everything depends on when they are going to install a LAN in my room. After that, I can DL & Upload stuff & start working (on a reduced time frame, that is :( ). For now, I have BG2 on a non-connected PC, so doing stuff is a bit difficult ATM.
You can start spamming me with general mail, though, and I will do my best to read/reply/suggest/code, as time allows.
EG, I'm going to try doing Illasera (she isn't really script-heavy after all :) )

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#29 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:08 AM

Still, it will be a great teaching for me in Probabilities if I want to do it correct. (Probability calculus will be in my next year of Uni, not this one, so it will be a great challenge).

View Post

what exactly do you mean? it is more than a year ago since i had probability but perhaps i can help....
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#30 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:21 AM

Still, it will be a great teaching for me in Probabilities if I want to do it correct. (Probability calculus will be in my next year of Uni, not this one, so it will be a great challenge).

View Post

what exactly do you mean? it is more than a year ago since i had probability but perhaps i can help....

View Post

Given you cast Wish, in situtation A you need wish 1 at best, wish 2 slightly less, and so on. In situation B, though, You'd prefer 2 instead of 1. Finally, in situation C you need wish 4.
Wish options are granted according to a complex alghoritm (IESDP should clarify).. Knowing that, I need to calculate:
chances that 1 appear, then chances that 2 appear but 1 not, and so on (for situation 1)
chances that 2 appear, then chances that 1 appear but 2 not, and so on (for situation 2)

And then I need to script all of that in a CPU-friendly way (little detail, eheh). (maybe a rat...).

#31 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:23 AM

If enemy Solars can't use Wish, then maybe would be better that friendly Solars should use only Limited Wish.

#32 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:55 PM

No, LW is different - both in concept and in effects. If they ever get using Wish spslls, it will be the 9th level one.
Posted Image

#33 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

3 Questions for the bosses :D :

1. What spell allows you to summon a Solar in Refinements ?
2. Did you limit the choice of paladin in regard to Summon Deva to one single pick ?
3. When a Deva is summoned, it uses Blade Barrier. Personally, I think you should drop this, since this way the Deva slashes his allies.

And fallen celestials exist in Pnp. They usually become fiends. Baalzebul and Zariel are 2 famous examples (former archons).

#34 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

Divine Intervention.
Of course, the chance of getting one is small (5%, IIRC).
There might be some other instances, I don't remember.

2. Did you limit the choice of paladin in regard to Summon Deva to one single pick ?

AFAIK it was 1 pick even in the original game.

3. When a Deva is summoned, it uses Blade Barrier. Personally, I think you should drop this, since this way the Deva slashes his allies.

Or maybe a careful summoner should cast it at distance, to avoid getting blinded by heavenly light :P
Dunno. Worth more than a thought :)

And fallen celestials exist in Pnp. They usually become fiends. Baalzebul and Zariel are 2 famous examples (former archons).

And so we can summon fiends :P
(Ok, we have to revise fiends too, sometime ;))

Edited by Littiz, 19 August 2005 - 11:19 AM.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#35 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:34 AM

Divine Intervention.
Of course, the chance of getting one is small (5%, IIRC).
There might be some other instances, I don't remember.

AFAIK it was 1 pick even in the original game.

Or maybe a careful summoner should cast it at distance, to avoid getting blinded by heavenly light :P
Dunno. Worth more than a thought :)

And so we can summon fiends :P
(Ok, we have to revise fiends too, sometime ;))

View Post

1. Whan about improving the description of Divine Intervention a little bit (in the readme, at least). It is of the most vague descriptions of an ability which I have ever seen.

2. Are you sure ? I think I was able once to pick more than one Summon Deva for Keldorn. Or my memory is playing tricks on me ? :huh:

3. This way the deva forces the party to stay away instead of joining him in battle.

#36 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:33 AM

Hello ? Someone here ?

#37 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:09 PM

1. Whan about improving the description of Divine Intervention a little bit (in the readme, at least). It is of the most vague descriptions of an ability which I have ever seen.

We can revise it if it's too vague, not a priority though. I myself prefer verbose, non technical descriptions when it comes to spells and abilities. ;)

2. Are you sure ? I think I was able once to pick more than one Summon Deva for Keldorn. Or my memory is playing tricks on me ?  :huh:

I didn't remember, I could one take a copy of the original paladin tables and see.
It listed one deva, but maybe it was a pre-baldurdash thing or something...

3. This way the deva forces the party to stay away instead of joining him in battle.

I think we'll change this, indeed (the_bigg willing...)

:)

#38 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:20 AM

I think we'll change this, indeed (the_bigg willing...)

:)

View Post

It's changed on my own HD. Do you want me to re-upload all 7 Mb each time I change a file, or go through the trouble of making progressive patches? :bi:

#39 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:27 AM

We can revise it if it's too vague, not a priority though. I myself prefer verbose, non technical descriptions when it comes to spells and abilities. ;)

View Post

At least in the readme. Neither Wish is not very specific, but I least I know what it does from walkthrough.
BTW, could you post what divine intervention does ? Pretty please ? :D

#40 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

Ok, but it won't go in the docs ;)
This is for DI *evil* version only, the good version was shorter (no bad effects possible, but with a consistent chance of no result at all), but I don't have it right now. Since I'm too lazy to check the files one by one, we'll wait for TGM to return and ask him, maybe he has still a list ;)
Oh, I *think* I updated the list with the latest changes :rolleyes:
  • 1-5%: Rift (summons 1-3 Greater Fire Elementals, attack everyone)
  • 6-10%: Summon Lesser Demon Lord (hostile, attacks the caster);
  • 11-15%: Summon Balors (hostile, attack the caster);
  • 16-20%: Summon Balor (hostile, attacks the caster);
  • 21-25%: Harm on caster;
  • 26-30%: Volcano on caster;
  • 31-35%: Firestorm on screen +3 A.Boneguards (3 ABs rise from the firestorm and attack everyone);
  • 36-40%: Chaos on screen (affecting everyone, no save);
  • 41-45%: Plague (Contagion on everyone, no save);
  • 46-50%: Dispel Magic (affecting everyone, no save);
  • 51-55%: STR Curse on enemies (drains 1D6 point of STR permanently, save vs. death at -6);
  • 56-60%: DEX Curse on enemies (the same as above, but DEX);
  • 61-65%: Miscast Magic on enemies (6 rounds, save vs. spells at -6);
  • 66-70%: Blindness+Deafness on enemies (3 rounds, save vs. spells at -6);
  • 71-75%: Flamestrike on enemies;
  • 76-80%: - 3 Skeleton Warriors;
    - 2 Skeleton Warrior archers;
    - 2 Skeleton Archers;
    - 2 Boneguards;
  • 81-85%: Summon Fallen Deva (controlled);
  • 86-90%: Summon Balor (controlled); DID4
  • 91-95%: Summon Lesser Demon Lord (controlled);
  • 96-100%: Summon Fallen Solar (controlled).

Edited by Littiz, 31 August 2005 - 11:27 AM.