Progress Log

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:28 PM

Hmm, that is a problem. On the last map, he shouldn't even talk to you, just go hostile.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#42 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 09:43 AM

Chev, its interesting that you got the area to be visable after talking to cuchy and I didnt. Are you running v1? Whats your 3200.bcs look like (Im still under the assumption that this is where that even would occur)?

BB, have you looked at this yet?

Also, Im fairly sure that Lord D said something to me in the last encounter, but he definately remained blue while I took him down. However, Im also pretty sure that he didnt initiate the conversation, I noticed he was blue and used the conversation icon to illicit his response. Hope that info helps.

Edited by mildImp, 12 November 2004 - 09:44 AM.

#43 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:07 PM

Unfortunately, all of those issues sound like problems I fixed for 1.0. But why do you still have them when Weidu should have updated the mod???? Issues like this came up during early BoneHill testing also. Never did find the answer to it.

Classic Adventures

#44 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

Huh...well...weird. :mellow:

The Citadel showing up on the map issue should be easy enough to hunt down. If you let me know exactly how that happens I can compare that to my install and the rared files in my v1 release. I hope I dont have a fubared install, but I doubt it as most things seem to be progressing properly.

Ultimately, I guess it doesnt matter if you have addressed the issues.

#45 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:26 PM

Returned to Beregost after the Citadel quest, met otho who gave me the new quest. I then went to Thunder Hammer Smithy and guess who I found, 2 otho's and cuchy's dog. :blink:

The dog looks like it is part of the party, but it doesn't follow me out of the area.

#46 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

:wacko:

That is the only area that the damn dog stayed in? I was afraid of the 2 Othos. I thought about stripping the second one out of the area script. Looks like I really have to do that.

Classic Adventures

#47 The Prophet

The Prophet
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for the help. Think I'll go and get BP anyways, now. After I've re-killed some more undead, however.
Zeal is its own Excuse

#48 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:00 PM

Just finished the otho's cousin adventure. The most fun Ive had yet!!! However, if moving to DSC0033 from DSC034 I get a CTD.

#49 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:50 PM

33 to 34? Okay, I will check it. Fixed the axe. The script to damage undead was set to target self instead of pre-target (other person). Since I just copied this over from the BG1 game, I assume that the effects are different between the two games. Area DSC007's treasure pile is fixed also.

Other than this CTD and Otho, anything else?

Classic Adventures

#50 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:28 PM

34 to 33, not 33 to 34, that worked fine.

#51 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:10 AM

Fixed.

Classic Adventures

#52 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:21 AM

Well, I finally got around to putting a cap on this episode, and let me say first: this mod was alot of fun. :D

Here are some observations when returning to the surface world:
-All my underdark gear turned to dust (expected), but Ferthgil's armor also disappeared. I wasnt wearing it when I returned to the surface, but intended to re-equip once the drow plate +5 disinigrated. Was this intentional?

-I had a few staves of striking that I collected from the duegar conj that all dissapeared. That seems weird, but possibliy intended.

-I had a bunch of poison bullets from the same duegar conj, that also disappeared, but not completely. I noticed that my quiver slots were empty, but I could not equip bullets. I checked out the cre with NI and found several Nothing items in my inventory (associated with my quiver slots):

Item: None
Unknown: 00 00 h
Quantity/Charges 1: 0
Quantity/Charges 2: 0
Quantity/Charges 3: 0
Itemflag: ( Identified(0) )

I removed them and was able to equip new bullets.

Im glad to see I get to keep Ferthgil for the time being. I really like this fighter.

Finally, before I headed to BG, I went to the FA Inn and noticed that cuchy's dog was at the bottom of the screen. At first he seemed part of the party (ie green circle), but promptly wandered of, never to be seen again (at least in this screen).

#53 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:36 AM

The shadow wolf may be on some areas until the script runs through and removes him. Normally this would happen before you even see the actual screen, but I guess it is possible that the wolf's script was a little slow that time.

As for non-drow items. They shouldn't disappear. All I did was use the script from SOA when you exit the UnderDark and I added the additional drow robe and the drow dagger. The staff, armor and bullets should all be fine. It sounds more like a problem with the BAM files (graphics) then with the script since you found the items still in your inventory.

Some DSotSC items have really bad graphics assigned to them and I guess when the script ran through your inventory checking for items, it choked on these items. However, the Staff of Striking is a standard SOA item so did that disappear or turn to a pile of ash?

Classic Adventures

#54 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:46 AM

The staves just disappeared. But, only the poison bullets still seemed to be holding a place in my inventory. As far as I can tell the staves and F's armor just disappeared, no dust.

#55 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:49 AM

Seems like if the BAMS were corrupted, it would have been a problem from the beginning. However, I was able to use these items without issue while underground. Also, seems unlikely that corrupted bams would cause the item to disappear from inventory or change the item to:

Item: None
Unknown: 00 00 h
Quantity/Charges 1: 0
Quantity/Charges 2: 0
Quantity/Charges 3: 0
Itemflag: ( Identified(0) )

Just wierd :wacko:

#56 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:32 PM

I just walked out of the cave and the one staff of striking I had stayed like it should have. The venom bullets are fine to. The only drow item turned to dust. Didn't have Fergie so I will have to retest with his armor.

Edit: Armor was fine too. Did you switch out his armor for drow armor and forget about it? Then you should have gotten a pile of dust.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 19 November 2004 - 03:18 PM.

Classic Adventures

#57 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:09 AM

Huh. Well all I can think is that these problems stemmed from the fact that I reinstalled the Dsotsc and didnt start a new game. Oh well.