Photo

Edwin Romance is here!

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 -Leya-

-Leya-

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:25 AM

́I´m someone who usually just keeps lurking and peeking around without ever posting anything, but the idea of actually being able to make my PC have a romance with Edwin is just too exiting to keep quiet about it, especially since I´m a great fan of Laufey´s novels.
How many times I´ve cursed the bioware team for not adding the possibility to romance Ed!
Seems like the suffering will be over soon... :)
Thanks, thanks, THANKS! When I first came across this projekt I could hardly believe it...

Ah, guess I should stop babbling and come to the point ;) ... Laufey, you said once that you wouldn´t let Edwin romance one of the female NPC´s cause you think he´s not likely to fall in love easily under normal circumstances. But I think he does show some feelings for Viconia in the original SvA and ToB banters.
Maybe that́s what you call casual flirts, it may not be “love”, actually, but he reacts quite embarrassed an doesn´t know what to say when Vic refuses him during the banters, something which is not usual for him... (and also when Korgan teases him about her in the Underdark)

#182 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:45 AM

́I´m someone who usually just keeps lurking and peeking around without ever posting anything, but the idea of actually being able to make my PC have a romance with Edwin is just too exiting to keep quiet about it, especially since I´m a great fan of Laufey´s novels.
How many times I´ve cursed the bioware team for not adding the possibility to romance Ed!
Seems like the suffering will be over soon... :)
Thanks, thanks, THANKS! When I first came across this projekt I could hardly believe it...

Ah, guess I should stop babbling and come to the point ;) ... Laufey, you said once that you wouldn´t let Edwin romance one of the female NPC´s cause you think he´s not likely to fall in love easily under normal circumstances. But I think he does show some feelings for Viconia in the original SvA and ToB banters.
Maybe that́s what you call casual flirts, it may not be ?love?, actually, but he reacts quite embarrassed an doesn´t know what to say when Vic refuses him during the banters, something which is not usual for him... (and also when Korgan teases him about her in the Underdark)

Hello there! :) Very glad to hear you like my writing, and I hope you'll enjoy the mod as well.

Hmm...you may possibly have a point about Vic. I've always interpreted it as casual flirting and not the 'real thing', but I can see your point. However, I really can't see Vic falling for Edwin, I just don't think he's her type, adorable as I find him myself. ;)

#183 -Leya-

-Leya-

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, you´re probable right with that... ;)

Anyway, I´m really looking foreward to that MOD. :)

Just one more question (maybe it has been asked somewhere around here before, sorry) : Will it work like the original bioware romances, that (sometimes) there is only one "correct" answer and when you say the "wrong" thing the romance is over?
I´ve always thought that was kind of annoying, why should the NPC suddenly loose his/her interest in you, just because you have a different opinion or something like that....

#184 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, you´re probable right with that... ;)

Anyway, I´m really looking foreward to that MOD. :)

Just one more question (maybe it has been asked somewhere around here before, sorry) : Will it work like the original bioware romances, that (sometimes) there is only one "correct" answer and when you say the "wrong" thing the romance is over?
I´ve always thought that was kind of annoying, why should the NPC suddenly loose his/her interest in you, just because you have a different opinion or something like that....

In most cases you will be able to choose teasing, and or/disagreeing answers, and Edwin won't break the romance. Quite the contrary, he likes an intelligent woman who can verbally spar with him. In order to break the romance you have to choose the *very* obviously hurtful answers. There should be no risk of doing so by mistake, I think.

I quite agree, it was annoying in the Anomen romance that I never could tell Ano he was being an idiot without him breaking up with me, and I wanted to avoid that with Edwin. ;)

#185 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:36 AM

I quite agree, it was annoying in the Anomen romance that I never could tell Ano he was being an idiot without him breaking up with me, and I wanted to avoid that with Edwin. ;)

Yes, that´s exactly the point. Why shouldn´t my PC be able to have a romance with Anomen but still turn him down a bit from time to time, disagree when he says something very stupid or annoying?
Makes a romance much more interesting imo. ;) And like you said, I imagine Edwin would prefer a woman who can match with him in a combat of words rather than someone who agrees to everything he says, like bioware meant you to do with Anomen.

However, just keep working on this MOD, please :) !
(Any news about the progress yet :rolleyes: ? I´m just so anxious...)

#186 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:18 AM

Yes, that´s exactly the point. Why shouldn´t my PC be able to have a romance with Anomen but still turn him down a bit from time to time, disagree when he says something very stupid or annoying?
Makes a romance much more interesting imo. ;) And like you said, I imagine Edwin would prefer a woman who can match with him in a combat of words rather than someone who agrees to everything he says, like bioware meant you to do with Anomen.

However, just keep working on this MOD, please :) !
(Any news about the progress yet :rolleyes: ? I´m just so anxious...)

I think it's very unfair if the romance partner keeps storming off in a huff all the time, but the moment you tell them off about something they break up with you. ;) Talk about being oversensitive...

The mod is progressing, though there's not much to post about it just now. :) What is happening at the moment is Dorotea ironing out certain tricky scripts, and me doing a few additional dialogues. Don't worry, we have no intention of giving up, the mod *will* be finished eventually. ;)

#187 -Shian-

-Shian-

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:21 PM

LOL! Laufey, In The Cards and Cards Reshuffled got me hooked immediately. I'm soooo glad you wrote them! I knew I'd find a good BG2 author. I always find what I consider the best of the best fiction writer in every thing I get interested enough to read Fanfic about; but what I DIDN'T expect was to find that author right off the bat! Way to go, Laufey!

I was extremely reluctant to even consider the idea of an Edwin romance, but your story got me soo hooked! I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapters of Cards Reshuffled, and for the mod to be completed. :D Almost as anxiously as I am awaiting the Valygar romance, and that's saying more than you can imagine. (then again, you most likely can . . .)

I'm soooo glad you've made the mod so that you can tell Edwin your mind and not always just fawn over him and agree with everything he says, without shutting down the romance. That was so obnoxious. The one thing I always hated about the dialogs was that no-one seemed to have a sense of humor, well, except Imoen, and the 'evil' people, but then it was only so far.

. . . Oh, and my muse says if you don't post the rest of Cards Reshuffled soon she'll have hunt you and your muse down, lock you two up in a closed off room with only a laptop and each other for the next few days so you can get the story finished . . . and posted.

#188 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:24 PM

LOL! Laufey, In The Cards and Cards Reshuffled got me hooked immediately. I'm soooo glad you wrote them! I knew I'd find a good BG2 author. I always find what I consider the best of the best fiction writer in every thing I get interested enough to read Fanfic about; but what I DIDN'T expect was to find that author right off the bat! Way to go, Laufey!

I was extremely reluctant to even consider the idea of an Edwin romance, but your story got me soo hooked! I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapters of Cards Reshuffled, and for the mod to be completed. :D Almost as anxiously as I am awaiting the Valygar romance, and that's saying more than you can imagine. (then again, you most likely can . . .)

I'm soooo glad you've made the mod so that you can tell Edwin your mind and not always just fawn over him and agree with everything he says, without shutting down the romance. That was so obnoxious. The one thing I always hated about the dialogs was that no-one seemed to have a sense of humor, well, except Imoen, and the 'evil' people, but then it was only so far.

. . . Oh, and my muse says if you don't post the rest of Cards Reshuffled soon she'll have hunt you and your muse down, lock you two up in a closed off room with only a laptop and each other for the next few days so you can get the story finished . . . and posted.

Thanks very much for all the kind words! :) I certainly hope you will find both this mod and the Valygar mod to your liking.

As for Cards Reshuffled, have you read the chapters in the Attic or on the main page? The main page hasn't been updated in a while (Stupid RL), but I regularly post new chapters in the Attic, and am far ahead of what's posted on the main page. :) Will try to update the main page as well, soon, I've actually just been working on one.

#189 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:10 PM

Does anyone have a link to the attic? The link from in the cards just gives me a 404 error, and I can't find it on google.

#190 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:21 PM

http://www.gamejag.com/

And select Attic - Serials. Have fun!

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#191 -Shian-

-Shian-

Posted 17 October 2003 - 11:54 AM

As for Cards Reshuffled, have you read the chapters in the Attic or on the main page? The main page hasn't been updated in a while (Stupid RL), but I regularly post new chapters in the Attic, and am far ahead of what's posted on the main page. :) Will try to update the main page as well, soon, I've actually just been working on one.

:o

*maniacal laughter is heard*

And here I thought you only had up to chapter 50 done and posted. . . MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I've been reading from
www.gamejag.com/Cards
and
www.gamejag.com/Reshuffled

. . . didn't know you were posting on the Attic message board!!!

*goes insane with glee and is unable to type any more*

~Edit~

*twitches*

:( I . . . CAN'T FIND CHAPTER 51!!!! AUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

. . . I can't find any chapter before 125 actually . . . *cries* NOOOOO!!!

Will signing up help or am I doomed to go . . . well I'd say 'insane' but I already am . . . so am I doomed to turn into a blubbering idiot?! Say it isn't so!

Edited by Shian, 17 October 2003 - 12:52 PM.

#192 Solle

Solle
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

*twitches*

:( I . . . CAN'T FIND CHAPTER 51!!!!  AUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

. . . I can't find any chapter before 125 actually . . . *cries* NOOOOO!!!

Will signing up help or am I doomed to go . . . well I'd say 'insane' but I already am . . . so am I doomed to turn into a blubbering idiot?! Say it isn't so!

Just do a search for "Reshuffled".

Or, if you're lazy, click this link: http://gamejag.com/i...ch&mode=results

EDIT: Well, that didn't work. Anyway, just click the link, enter "Reshuffled", and enjoy.  ;)

#193 -Shian-

-Shian-

Posted 17 October 2003 - 01:22 PM

Just do a search for "Reshuffled".

Or, if you're lazy, click this link: http://gamejag.com/i...ch&mode=results

EDIT: Well, that didn't work. Anyway, just click the link, enter "Reshuffled", and enjoy.  ;)

Oh, I've been looking up CARDS Reshuffled. . . go figure . . . Danke with the help!

~Edit again~
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Edited by Shian, 18 October 2003 - 09:23 AM.

#194 Dancer Fitz

Dancer Fitz

Deputy Manager & some other stuff of Silver Star

• 389 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 07:20 PM

Ah *raises hand timidly* ...perhaps this has been mentioned. Perhaps not. I was just wondering...erm...*taps finger nervously on chin*...you've all been working so hard on this mod, for which computer-inept but loyal and fanatical gamers are eternally grateful, but I have a question.

Could there possibly be a chance, debate, far-off speculation, support groups, about plans for an Edwin flirt pack? Yes, yes, of course, "BUT WE'RE NOT EVEN FINISHED WITH THE MOD! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, CRAZY PERSON WITH YOUR SILLY TIME-CONSUMING AND WORK-INDUCING SUGGESTIONS?!?"

eep! Sorry. *bows and quickly scuds backwards* But I've become rather fond(addicted) to the vast array of romantic ecounters BioWare and Compton has spoiled me with(Weimer will soon be added to the list). Edwin would make a most enjoyable and unabashed flirt, I think, but naturally such a thought before the mod is even out would be unheard of! What silliness. Alas, I humbly apologize. Forgive my overzealousness. *bows again* Please, continue on with your appreciated and valued work. Your fans eagerly await, and in the meantime consume vast amounts of entertaining reading(kudos for the Cards, Laufey! Still enjoying them). :P
Yar.
Also a (partially) crazy elf assassin mod
And a romance for two tiefling sisters, among other mods-in-progress

#195 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 08:10 PM

Ah *raises hand timidly* ...perhaps this has been mentioned. Perhaps not. I was just wondering...erm...*taps finger nervously on chin*...you've all been working so hard on this mod, for which computer-inept but loyal and fanatical gamers are eternally grateful, but I have a question.

Could there possibly be a chance, debate, far-off speculation, support groups, about plans for an Edwin flirt pack? Yes, yes, of course, "BUT WE'RE NOT EVEN FINISHED WITH THE MOD! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, CRAZY PERSON WITH YOUR SILLY TIME-CONSUMING AND WORK-INDUCING SUGGESTIONS?!?"

eep! Sorry. *bows and quickly scuds backwards* But I've become rather fond(addicted) to the vast array of romantic ecounters BioWare and Compton has spoiled me with(Weimer will soon be added to the list). Edwin would make a most enjoyable and unabashed flirt, I think, but naturally such a thought before the mod is even out would be unheard of! What silliness. Alas, I humbly apologize. Forgive my overzealousness. *bows again* Please, continue on with your appreciated and valued work. Your fans eagerly await, and in the meantime consume vast amounts of entertaining reading(kudos for the Cards, Laufey! Still enjoying them). :P

No need for apologies, of course. :) And very happy to hear you're feeling this excited about the mod, and that you're enjoying 'Cards'. I don't want to make any promises about flirts though, we'll just have to see what we think about that after the mod is done. :)

#196 -Shian-

-Shian-

Posted 25 October 2003 - 05:38 PM

I swear Laufey, you must be Evil to be able to write such addicting stuff! I'm so addicted to your stories it should be illegal . . . :P

On a serious-er note . . .
*twitches*
I can't get chapter 95 of Cards Reshuffled on The Attic forum to show up . . . or 96 . . . or really anything in the Quiz 103: Traces of Tolkien: Returning to Our Roots topic, except for the very first topic . . . :( Please someone help me!!! I can't figure it out. I'm logged in, I tried refreshing, and I clicked on it a bazillion times!!! I keep getting this 'No posts exist for this topic' page!!! :angry:

*cries* Why does The Attic have to be so cruel!!! I HAVE to read more of Reshuffled! *crazed look* Augh!!!! The Retraces of Tolkein Quiz has chapters 95-102!!!!! 0_0 NOOOOOO!!!! *faints*

#197 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 01:25 AM

I swear Laufey, you must be Evil to be able to write such addicting stuff! I'm so addicted to your stories it should be illegal . . . :P

On a serious-er note . . .
*twitches*
I can't get chapter 95 of Cards Reshuffled on The Attic forum to show up . . . or 96 . . . or really anything in the Quiz 103: Traces of Tolkien: Returning to Our Roots topic, except for the very first topic . . . :( Please someone help me!!! I can't figure it out. I'm logged in, I tried refreshing, and I clicked on it a bazillion times!!! I keep getting this 'No posts exist for this topic' page!!! :angry:

*cries* Why does The Attic have to be so cruel!!! I HAVE to read more of Reshuffled! *crazed look* Augh!!!! The Retraces of Tolkein Quiz has chapters 95-102!!!!! 0_0 NOOOOOO!!!! *faints*

Hm, I know that there were server problems for the Attic during a particular quiz, that was probably the one. And after those occurred, certain posts became inaccessible, very annoyingly. :( I'm afraid I can't help you out with accessing them that way, but if you really want, I can mail the missing chapters to you privately.

#198 -Shian-

-Shian-

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:34 AM

Hm, I know that there were server problems for the Attic during a particular quiz, that was probably the one. And after those occurred, certain posts became inaccessible, very annoyingly. :( I'm afraid I can't help you out with accessing them that way, but if you really want, I can mail the missing chapters to you privately.

You can? YAY! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! *hugs Laufey and only lets go when muse pries her off*

Ch.'s 95-102 please! ^_^ *giddy with happiness*

^_^ Thxs again!

#199 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:36 PM

You can? YAY! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! *hugs Laufey and only lets go when muse pries her off*

Ch.'s 95-102 please! ^_^ *giddy with happiness*

^_^ Thxs again!

I have mailed them, so hopefully you will have got them by now. :) Let me know if for some reason they don't get there, Hotmail has been a little temperamental lately.