Photo

KotOR 3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#21 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:49 AM

It's a widely held opinion that Final Fantasy started going down hill after 6 or 7 (I've even seen some people say it was after 3), and continues to get worse with every new installment.

View Post

Yeah, I haven't played 7 but all the oens I've played after 6 I've enjoyed less

#22 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:03 PM

As you put it: a question of opinion.

Yes, but as I said a widely held one. Lets just hope future installments of the KotOR series don't have such vast numbers of haters as the later FFs ;).

#23 -Kid-

-Kid-

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:34 AM

I'm sure one or more things I say here will be bleeped for spoiler info, so hopefully what little I give won't ruin things any.

You'll want to see these things for yourself anyway.

The ending movie is one of the bigger complaints I've seen as it's little more then the Ebon Hawk doing a stereotypical "flying into the sunset" thing. There's no real conclusion that's specific. In the end, You are given a summary of what happens to your people after you leave, which is more then kotor 1 gave you, but this has proven to be a bit of a complaint for people(so say the boards I've seen).

I'm sure most people have seen the post that was quoted that mentioned possible kotor 4, 5, 6,ect. but earlier in that post it's mentioned why there weren't more parts for the old cast. There was some silly examples for Carth and Bastila's abscence, but that doesn't make sense as Carth and Bastila both exsist, to a point, in kotor 2. The post says that most others from kotor 1 had finished their circle, i.e. they had some problem they were struggling with and had a chance to deal with it, therefor they went on to live their lives.

(spoiler, explination - in kotor 1, if you were dark, you'd kill carth. either way, you would have to fight bastila, but save or kill her was in question. in kotor 2, if you made reven be light side, carth is an admiral for the republic, and there's a broken holocron on korriban, perhaps to show bastila didn't stay dark? if you made reven dark, then carth is replaced by someone else, and the holocron on korriban has a recording of bastila telling you what happened to reven)

For KoToR 3, the most information I've heard on kotor 3(aside from the fact that it was announced) is that it will most likely take place "beyond the outer rim" where Reven and 'Exile' have gone. Beyond that, I'm not sure about any specifics yet. If it does take place in the outer rim, then even should the series last to cover 4000 years up to the Episode 1 timeline, it would be taking place far beyond the republic.

Going over this post, I'm starting to think most of it will get bleeped out as spoiler, but if that's the case, I'll come back and rewrite it to be less specific.

Sorry to interupt your FF talk :P

#24 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

Is the KotOR Outer Rim the same as the movie era Outer Rim though? I'd have thought they'd have done a bit more exploring in those 4,000 years ;).

#25 -Jolee Bindo-

-Jolee Bindo-

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

Is the KotOR Outer Rim the same as the movie era Outer Rim though? I'd have thought they'd have done a bit more exploring in those 4,000 years ;).

View Post

probably... They just got really, really lazy in those 4000 years.

Seriously... No, I don't think so. Some of these planets in the KotOR games were not even known planets during the movie era. EX: Korriban, Manaan, Telos, Taris, Dxun and Onderon, Malachor V, Dantooine. (Please pardon my spelling for those planets) There were only two of the same planets in the KOTOR games as in the movies ( Tatooine and ?Kashyykk?) I'm not sure if Nar Shadda was a featured planets in the movies. It has been forever since i've seen the original trilogy.

Speaking of exploration, what planets can Obsidian be considering for KOTOR III? I mean, are they gonna make up another four planets that just end up getting blown to smitherines at the end (Telos, Taris, Dantooine, Malachor V) :excl: Sorry Malachor V is a spoiler :excl: . My bad. I really want to visit the main jedi council on Coruscant. I mean, Obsidian may end up going with another search and find of jedi. The main character (hopefully Master Vandar jk :P ) goes throughout the galaxy to find and train force sensitives in order to re-build the order. S/he must then find the exile and Revan in order to teach students in the ways of the force. (Xbox 360 won't have any data on KOTOR 1 and 2, so the developer may give both characters light side roles, seeing as they are far more popular) This would be similar to many post-trilogy Star Wars novels, in which Luke travels the galaxy searching for force sensitives in order to restore the galaxy. However, this would leave nothing for KOTOR 4, 5, 6... so it seems as though Obs. may make up another pointless Jedi war in order to have enough story plots for KotOR's 4-23, which should last up until the point when Yoda comes along, or in Earth years, approximately 2084 ( :rolleyes: subtle SIMPSONS reference :rolleyes: ), the point when all of us will most likely be dead. Finally, the character could fight against one last Mandalorian conquest, (SPOILER ALERT :excl: ) which was hinted at by Kreia at the end, when she talks about Mandalore getting the mandalorian clans back together. Or, Obs could do a prequel with the m.c. being a jedi on the academy on Coruscant and having a choice to fight in the Mandalorian Wars, in which the p.c. sees memorable characters. We may never know, or at least until Obsidian reveals any details about the game.

Well, thats just my 23 cents worth for story plots. Hopefully, KOTOR 3 will bring about the triumphant return of Bastilla :) , Jolee :w00t: and maybe even CARTH B) . And with any luck, Obsidian will finally tell me what happened to Trask Ulgo, ensign with the republic fleet. I really mill good ol' Trask!!! Oh, Oh and maybe they could bring back Zalbaar YAY, WOOT, ZALBAAR!!!!

One final Question for everyone... was Mandalore actually Canderous Ordo from KOTOR. Because if your listen carefully, Mandalore randomly shouts out "FOR CLAN ORDO" during some battles. I mean, what's up with that.

Jolee Out.

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:12 PM

"I really mill good ol' Trask"

*I really MISS good ol' Trask"

#27 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:00 PM

"I really mill good ol' Trask"

*I really MISS good ol' Trask"

View Post

OMG, they killed Trask! you bastards!!! :devil:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#28 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:03 AM

One final Question for everyone... was Mandalore actually Canderous Ordo from KOTOR. Because if your listen carefully, Mandalore randomly shouts out "FOR CLAN ORDO" during some battles. I mean, what's up with that.

Yup he is. Besides he mentiones his name, Kreia stresses numerous of times. He even mention Revan to him and Canderous is fascinated with that.

There isn't explanation how he and the droid are low levels.

And I really hate that Revan is a woman. Really, realy, really! :angry:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#29 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:52 AM

Please add some spoiler-warnings, everybody, seeing this topic being about something else than Mandalore and Revan.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#30 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:19 PM

Kotor III prob has a new main char since uber levels ain't an option. Although I wonder how they are going to do this, is the possible new main char from the Sith Empire, or from the Republic which would be a bit repetitive imo.

#31 -Manji-

-Manji-

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

KOTOR 2 did leave a lot of room for a sequel, and left you starving for more.

*** :excl: The following may contain spoilers, if your paranoid and don't want to see any spoilers skip past all of this onto the next post :excl: ***

KOTOR 3 likely will take place in the outer rim, as hinted by Kreia at the end of the game. You have to consider everything she said, as she mentions what the Exile will do, and what happens to the Republic. Now, whether Obsidian will follow that idea is one thing, but tell me... how many more giant Sith vs Jedi battles and especially with most of the Jedi and Sith within the knwon regions gone...

Now, I didn't see it mentioned yet... but it is possible that Obsidian may make use of that 4000 years and move forward a few centuries into the future- and with a new Jedi during the rebuilding of the order and of a new Republic. This may still give you a chance to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile, as well as any other Jedi they fought alongside in the Outer Regions.

Anyway, character wise, I do hope they stick to the current timeline, and perphaps get to see Jolee again, he wouldn't have had any fun sitting back in the Republic and it would make sense that he would've gone with Revan. Who knows? They could also use some new weapons, maybe a new lightsaber design... seems like Lucas Arts is running out ideas for unique light saber designs in their games.

I do have one complaint about the mention of previous characters from KOTOR appearing in KOTOR 2- if all the Jedi have been hunted... what did Bastilla do? Now, some of the best masters survived by hiding on planets with a high force concentration... but how would Bastilla have known to do it? Even stranger... none of the council seemed to know she existed, even Atris- who had a record of the very last Jedi and where they lived. Its hard to miss the single Jedi that defeated Malak, and is still serving with Admiral Onasi... (bloody plot holes :whistling: )

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a sequel if it does eventually turn up.

#32 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:19 PM

There isn't explanation how he and the droid are low levels.

Actually there is - Mandalore says he got so badly injured in battle that all that's sustaining him is his armour. HK-47 has suffered major damage (obviously, since you virtually have to rebuild him), and IIRC T3 seems to have had many of his systems blocked/reprogrammed.

An early conversation with Atton allows you to chose whether Revan was a woman or a man, whether s/he was good or evil, etc. Seems like you chose the wrong options!

#33 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:39 PM

An early conversation with Atton allows you to chose whether Revan was a woman or a man, whether s/he was good or evil, etc. Seems like you chose the wrong options!

View Post

Yup, when you first meet Atton, he mentions Revan saying that "she" left after the war, you get the option to say something like "Where were you? Revan was a man, not a woman." and thats where it changes, if you continue the conversation without saying that then the game assumes in your game Revan was a girl.

#34 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:41 AM

but there are parts in the game if you chose to say that , and the jedi masters or other people talk about revan , it will be oppist to wether revan was a man or woman,

but any ways

spoiler aleart!!!!

kotor 3 in now being made

and its going to hopefully follow the exile again, if not , well, we just got our selfs another coming from the past mandioloira, / jedi ,., / kotor 2 ,/ storyline wakeing up as a newbie again, haveing to regain the powers they lost, and being another not again bullsheeet storyline

what i do hope is they make it wether you get to chose if you want to be the exile or revan , now that would make a intresting twist and plot , picking up from kotor 2

as for the good guys , bad guys, you were with in the past, id like it for you to be able to chose who you want to follow you

weather it be atton or carth,. zalbarr, or harrrhar ,kreia or bastila , or, you get what im talking about

these are just ideas, but if they were part of the game, then heck yea
but what im looking forward to is how or what happens to the player , in kotor 3,

#35 -Heksefatter-

-Heksefatter-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:27 AM

View Post

probably... They just got really, really lazy in those 4000 years.

Seriously... No, I don't think so. Some of these planets in the KotOR games were not even known planets during the movie era. EX: Korriban, Manaan, Telos, Taris, Dxun and Onderon, Malachor V, Dantooine. (Please pardon my spelling for those planets) There were only two of the same planets in the KOTOR games as in the movies ( Tatooine and ?Kashyykk?) I'm not sure if Nar Shadda was a featured planets in the movies. It has been forever since i've seen the original trilogy.

Jolee Out.

View Post

In the comic books I've read, I've seen mention of Korriban (frequently), Dantooine and Onderon.

Mandalore WAS Canderous (surprise, huh? :P ), you learn that in the end, when you speak to Kreia.

#36 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

Maybe KOTOR 3 will go on to 6 because they will take it up to the birth of Anakin. That would be cool.

I've just seen EP 3 it's so sad :(

#37 Scorch

Scorch
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:33 AM

i must say that Ep3 was a great movie

it would be great if KOTOR finished when the new jedi council was formed.

e.g Mace windu, yoda, kel por e.c.t

and the character you play becomes a hero that saved the republic and gave the jedi a Fantastic reputation..

1 jedi took on sith and fought with courage and skill and will always be rememberd in the jedi enclave and around the galaxy as the jedi who save the galaxy :D

#38 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:27 AM

To be honest, I'd like to play a Non jedi char, (still have jedi party members) but just have you be in the right place at the right time sort of thing, and since you were there (there as in there when whatever happened) they just drag you along, to make you see it through
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#39 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:35 AM

it would be great if KOTOR finished when the new jedi council was formed.

e.g Mace windu, yoda, kel por e.c.t

and the character you play becomes a hero that saved the republic and gave the jedi a Fantastic reputation..

To be honest, I'd like to play a Non jedi char, (still have jedi party members) but just have you be in the right place at the right time sort of thing, and since you were there (there as in there when whatever happened) they just drag you along, to make you see it through

I guess none of these is likely to happen in kotor3. First, kotor games happen ~4000 years before the happenings of the classical Star Wars episodes, and they are centered on Jedis/Sith, making it less likely to have a non-force-user character as protagonist.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#40 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:19 AM

I know, but still, it'd make a nice change

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 24 May 2005 - 05:20 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me