Photo

KotOR 3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#41 -Vy_linvail-

-Vy_linvail-

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

Some things need clearing up it seems....

Right, all those planets are discovered/known of by the time of the movies (Princess Leia LIES and says the rebel base is on "Dantooine, we're on Dantooine..." in episode VI) and the 'outer rim' areas do include sith space, mentioned in the expanded universe.

When Kreia has her cr*ppy epiphany at the even Cr*ppier ending of KOTOR 2 she see's 4000 years into the future. It is FREQUENTLY mentioned in all other star wars sources that the republic lasts untill Palpatine and Vader, which is what Kriea is referring to when she says the republic will eventually fall. Also if you ask her about the Madalorians she says they exist in the form of the shell of a man in their armour too easily beaten by jedi... she means Boba Fett, not Canderous.... Canderous has no reason to be beaten by Jedi he's fought along side the exile AND Revan. I hope KOTOR 3 is good and I hope you get to play Revan, you can do alot with his character and introducing a new one would just be repetitive and boring... and typical of RPG sequels. Learn from masters like Deus Ex 2 and Baldur's Gate 2.

#42 -bah-

-bah-

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:29 AM

Dantooine is actually mentioned by Leia in episode IV when she's being questioned by Vader and the commander.

#43 -DarkElfa-

-DarkElfa-

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:24 AM

Some things need clearing up it seems....

Right, all those planets are discovered/known of by the time of the movies (Princess Leia LIES and says the rebel base is on "Dantooine, we're on Dantooine..." in episode VI) and the 'outer rim' areas do include sith space, mentioned in the expanded universe.

When Kreia has her cr*ppy epiphany at the even Cr*ppier ending of KOTOR 2 she see's 4000 years into the future. It is FREQUENTLY mentioned in all other star wars sources that the republic lasts untill Palpatine and Vader, which is what Kriea is referring to when she says the republic will eventually fall. Also if you ask her about the Madalorians she says they exist in the form of the shell of a man in their armour too easily beaten by jedi... she means Boba Fett, not Canderous.... Canderous has no reason to be beaten by Jedi he's fought along side the exile AND Revan. I hope KOTOR 3 is good and I hope you get to play Revan, you can do alot with his character and introducing a new one would just be repetitive and boring... and typical of RPG sequels. Learn from masters like Deus Ex 2 and Baldur's Gate 2.

View Post

Actually, I think that she was reffering to the Clone troopers rather than Boba. Either way, I think that either the Source engine or the Unreal 3 engine should be used to make this new game since the physics allowed by these engines will lend themselves nicely to the Force Powered world. I'm partial to U3. As for the Story, as long as Lucas Arts doesn't force Bioware/Obisidia or whoever is doing this one to put out the game before it's properly finished, it will be less/more than what we expected or hoped for and nothing else. Cryptic, yes, but what an I say, these are all nothing more than guesses and hopes we are discussing here. Personnally, I doubt they'll go after the U3 engine for this one but a rewritten verion of the original engine, probably the same one used for Jade Empire. It would be neat thought if we found out that the only reason KOTOR 2 was handed off to Obidian wan't so Bioware could do Jade, but so they could get development underway for the U# engine for KOTOR 3 as a killer ap for the 360!

#44 telbithus

telbithus
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:42 PM

It's a widely held opinion that Final Fantasy started going down hill after 6 or 7 (I've even seen some people say it was after 3), and continues to get worse with every new installment.

As you put it: a question of opinion.

View Post

for example, i rather like kotor 2 over kotor 1...

less strong in storyline, content, etc...

but more fun in the very highly customizable upgrade system, and some of the new powers and feats are so nice to play with... :thumb:

View Post

DEAR GOD YOU BLASPHEME!!! lol...no seriously that is a dangerous statement to make...the gods may kill you. haha, i disagree but to each his own opinion...i do like the more developed influence system though

#45 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

though wit hthe story they conjured up, they can't exactly use it in the next game, unless you play the exile, or have him/her in the next game as a partymember that is romancable (because then you're influencing him/her and thus influencing the rest of the crew through the exile)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#46 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

It's a widely held opinion that Final Fantasy started going down hill after 6 or 7 (I've even seen some people say it was after 3), and continues to get worse with every new installment.

View Post

but more fun in the very highly customizable upgrade system, and some of the new powers and feats are so nice to play with... :thumb:

View Post

Kinights of the old republic 3 needs a to be re-tooled into a more immersive story i mean in the first you felt like you were in the game i kinda lost that with the second, whatever they do they need to make the story stronger...after all the story is the backbone of a game.....i've heard wild off the top rumours that the lead character will be known as a very dark sith lord named Darth Red.......

#47 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:27 AM

View Post

View Post

Kinights of the old republic 3 needs a to be re-tooled into a more immersive story i mean in the first you felt like you were in the game i kinda lost that with the second, whatever they do they need to make the story stronger...after all the story is the backbone of a game.....i've heard wild off the top rumours that the lead character will be known as a very dark sith lord named Darth Red.......

View Post

That idea has been thrown out the window by Obsidian, to my understanding right now no one is working on the game....they probley won't start working on it for a while....

Moderator: Closed due to spam.