33 replies to this topic

#21 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hey Steve, long time, no see. ;)

There's still lots of interest in the bam plugin, if that helps. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#22 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

I had some unpublished materials and a lot of written content for this I never got around to coding up. If some interest is here for this, and I spark off an interest in modding again then I'll see about getting the unpublished work to the community.

If anyone wants to PM me their thoughts then go for it. I'm open to some new ideas.

While I have nothing specific in mind, I highly encourage further development for this mod. I like what little I've experienced of it so far, so any additions would be icing on the cake...mmm...cake *Homer drool* :)

Cheers,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#23 --EarthquakeDamage--

--EarthquakeDamage--

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

While I haven't actually included her in a party yet, I've noticed some plorbrems with Silver Star 192 installed. There are several interjections and such (mostly en Chateau Irenicus) that occur even when she isn't in the party, typically resulting in an abrupt end to the conversation. Either they fail to check for her presence or the check is broken.

#24 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

Updated russian translation

:lol:

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#25 -Wizard of thay-

-Wizard of thay-

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:04 AM

Hello all, This is Wizard of thay, one of the Original writters of the mod along with David Carta.
Just popped in here randomly and saw this wow...thatnks for keeping this mod alive and glad people are enjoying it...

#26 smoky tune

smoky tune
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi there!
I'd been planning an evil party for my new walkthrough and I wanted to make my pg an assassin, but eventually I turned to playing with wizard slayer, so I've started to look for an assasin npc.
The choice isn't that wide: I found only Vanim and Silverstar. Thus I got here.
I haven't started my game yet (as the last one isn't finished) but I've created a new game just to take a look at her. So what can I say at a first sight?
Her stats roll is quite poor (76) but scores are spread well from a roleplaying point of view, as I believe they reflect her personality.
Her hp is low as well (38), but that won't cause much trouble for me. (I'm sick of lvl 9 fighters with 12 con and - despite of that - 90 hp)
Her thieving abilities (ol:25, ft:15, pp:60, ms:75, hs:70, di:0, st:50) are aimed at achieving goals of her profession: she hides well, and has and oppotrunity to progress either in trap setting or in pickpocketing. She isn't skilled in lockpicking and trap detection, so I'll have to take someone esle for that. I'm thinking of Jan as he is of CN alignment, and his thieving skills are developed oppositely. Besides he is always fun to come along with. Later he could be changed to Imoen.
Her misterious weapon is the only personal item. Despite of absence of its description I suppose this long sword grants a considerable bonus to thac0 (+3 or +4) and maybe to damage too. It is aslo treated as magical weapon because Silverstar can hit vampires with it.
She may seem very week for most players. But those who know how to use assasins will surely enjoy this character.
Looking forward to playing with her in my future game ^_^

#27 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

Is there any chance update russian translation? :crying:

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#28 -Z-dog-

-Z-dog-

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Just a quick comment, if I'm on the right thread- love this mod, Silver Star is the first character in BG that really has some sexy fascinating evil about her, most evil characters end up being a bit bland and unoriginal- at least as well written as the original content. Well done.

#29 Vreejack

Vreejack
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

IS Silver Star supposed to be able to equip that mommy-moonblade of hers? Because she cannot.

[edits]

Turns out the blade has stat requirements, and poor Silver Star was fatigued, level drained, diseased, rotting and almost dead, so her stats were too low to equip.

I noticed that it lowers your hide in shadows stat by 50, I assume because the sword cries, and raises your strength. A mixed bag: potentially more damage (maybe) but much harder to hide. But looking in the code it grants immunity to backstab (mostly useless for an assassin--but she needs every advantage with those 14 hit points), presumably because the sword warns you. It also sets your "gun" proficiency (109) to 2. Twice, actually. I have no idea what that is for. Would have been nice if it set longsword instead.

Edited by Vreejack, 23 June 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#30 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

I've always been interested in this mod. Hopefully it gets an updated/expanded release at some point. What's already present is good, if bugged.

#31 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

If I do not have Silver Star in party, The CLONE1.CRE in AR0603.are triggers dialog option in CLONE1.DLG "And you, Silver Star, poison's prerversion, have you returned to torment me?", but there's no Silver Star to answer her and the dialog just interrupts. The clone should become hostile when the dialog is finished.

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Adding an IsValidForPartyDialog("D#Silver") to lines 303 & 336 in Star\Dialogue\SilverJ.d should prolly help :P Fix attached here (extract and overwrite before installing btw)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#33 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Since Seifer didn't show up for a few years now, maybe the new fix and new translations should be included in a new release in the Resurrected section?

#34 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:21 PM

The fix has been included into v2.0.0. ;)

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.