BWP 10.3 tactical. in-game issues

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'll post any significant bugs I have encountered so far in BWP, now for version 10.3

The first post is constantly updated, so no need to read the other thread pages.

Not fixed major bugs:

High level ability(HLA) selection bug[Potentially major][Not fixed]
Some classes after levelling up to lvl 17-19 have problems selecting some high level abilities. For example my Fighter/Thief HLA list(LUFT0.2DA):
Spoiler

Note that GA_SPCL905(Critical Strike) should require GA_SPCL906(Power Attack) and AP_TG#IMCR(Improved critical) should require GA_SPCL905 to obtain but in fact both GA_SPCL906 and GA_SPCL905 can be gained in any order(separately as well) and AP_TG#IMCR cannot be gained at all(always inactive). Important note is that fighter kit(i hope this is it: LUFI0.2DA) has the same spells with same dependencies and they are gained only in proper way. Here is LUFI0.2DA:
Spoiler

I consider the issue to be pretty important since it break the game experience at the very important stage - when one gets the ultimate skills and I still do not know how to fix it.

Randall NPC from RoT causes about 10% of baldur.bcs to be skipped[Major][Not fixed][Workaround is provided]
RoT adds following lines to Baldur.bcs:
IF
        Global("RandallJoin","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
        RESPONSE #100
                ActionOverride("Randall",StartDialog("RandallJ",[PC]))
END
and if I do not have Randall in my party(who is that anyway?) this block fires endlessly and prevents any blocks below from being fired. As a result a lot of game events are comletely messed. For example golden globe from fikraag's quest does nothing. I suggest adding either additional checks or Continue() to this block as a workaround/fix.

The problem is reported to RoT bug feedback thread.

Not fixed regular bugs:

"Blade of disaster" TobEx 0.24.4 CDT bug[not fixed][reported][workaround is provided] - whenever I cast "Blade of disaster" lvl9 spell with the latest TobEx, I get CDT.
Reason: "Use EFF File Fixer" feature of TobEx is responsible.
Workaround: setting "Use EFF File Fixer" to 0 in TobEx ini fixes the crash.

Problem is reported to Asc64 and hopefully will be fixed soon.

I have also reported a few other bugs related to.. ehh.. somewhat unfinished "Improved asylum" to the developer.

Party in the asylum bug[not fixed][workaround is provided][reported]: there's a party inside of asylum with a leader called Breaudayael. The party just does nothing and the leader keeps casting stoneskin, protection from fire and a few other basic protections on himself over and over. I have managed to kill half of his party, but they did not become hostile and did not respond to me. I have literally failed to kill the leader by any means, because he recasts full set of protective buffs like 3 times each second, and has plenty of innate immunes.
Reason: I was forced to check the script for what the hell is going on and found that this block which comes from Improved Asylum Mod for BG2:ToB: v0.95:
IF
	!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
	CheckStatLT(Myself,5,STONESKINS)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		DisplayString(Myself,39326) // Stoneskin
		ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_STONE_SKIN)
		DisplayString(Myself,26306) // Protected by Spell Trap
		ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_SPELL_TRAP)
		DisplayString(Myself,14789) // Protected from Fire
		ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_FIRE)
		DisplayString(Myself,180353) // Protected from Cold
		ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_COLD)
		DisplayString(Myself,17400) // Protection from Evil
		ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL)
END
keeps firing endlessly preventing any scripts below from being fired. Why is CheckStatLT(Myself,5,STONESKINS) true when stoneskin is recast?

I can even close my eyes on the fact that the whole party if wearing OP gear, but hey, they are bugged and cannot be interacted properly.
Workaround: as a workaround one can remove the block from R#BREU01.bcs

They also have by far overpowered items which can be looted if one is able to kill them.

Reported these problems to their forum - the developer is active and hopefully these will be fixed soon enough.

Scribe scrolls bug[Not fixed][Hotfix is provided] Old bug when a mage loses his "scribe scrolls" ability upon exporting char and starting a new game. It can be fixed quite easily by editing dplayer3.bcs or setting "flAddScribeScrolls" to 1, but it is a bug and it was since long ago.

Olmar's castle bug, RoT[Not fixed][Workaround is provided][Reported]
If I take Olmar's side, then at the point when my party is transitioned to Talavar's castle, I get endless cutscene-loop and my party keeps being teleported to their default spots
Reason: in RR3410.bcs there's a check if the party is ready to be teleported to the next location:
IF
	Global("Olmsidthebat","GLOBAL",14)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		StartCutSceneMode()
		HideGUI()
		StartCutScene("TallsDe") //this cutscene teleports the party to RR3454.are
END
but since the value of "Olmsidthebat" is never changed, the block is going to be fired endlessly.

Workaround:
add
SetGlobal("Olmsidthebat","GLOBAL",15)
to the main block in TallsDe.bcs

Update: reported to RoT forum

Dawnbringer Sain not spawning bug[Not fixed][Workaround is provided]
During the quest "Another mission for the temple" I am supposed to go to the temple of Lathander and talk to Dawnbringer Sain. But he is absent.

Reason: mod "Divine Remix" component 100 "Cleric Remix: v7 ToD Compatibility Fix" adds a block to AR0209.bcs:
IF
Global("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
END
which prevents normal spawning mechanism from firing:
IF
Global("TelwynSent","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",0) //not fired since the value is set to 2 for me
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("SCSAIN",[642.627],0) // Dawnbringer Sain
ActionOverride("scsain",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1))
END

Workaround: either restore ar0902.bcs from Divine_Remix/backup/100 or CreateCreature("scsain") manually

Update: reported to their forum.

Sion(the slaver)/HLSION.CRE bug[Not fixed] - the slaver guy from government district shows how he kills an amnish soldier and then he is supposed to teleport upstairs, but he "has nothing to say"

Reason: in Tactics mod, the dialog option that's supposed to send him to second floor is following:
SetGlobal("TalkedToHlsion","GLOBAL",3)
But that value is never used anywhere after that, so he just stays his ground.

Turumbar's contingency bug[Not fixed][Hotfix is provided][Reported] "You can not cast multiple instances of the same contingency spell on yourself" sometimes pops out randomly on mage-chars.

Reason: Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration component from Turumbar fixes uses some kind of contingency-like spell to detect drow weapons. Which is apparently bugged for now. As a temporary solution you can comment lines in Baldur/Baldur25.bcs which cast "TUDRWUD" spell. Use search in those scripts

Update: bug is reported to Turumbar

Empty items bug[Not solved] Bug with "empty" items in randomly-generated loot. Bug with items that spawn in containers and look like an empty cell in inventory, but the can be picked and cannot be dropped. The item description is empty and it disappears from inventory after saving and loading.
That bug is probably elder than me, but no one cares to fix it : )

Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer/SCRX41.itm/SPWI975.spl bug[Not solved][Hotfix is provided][Reported] Problem with item SCRX41.ITM - a scroll called "Rary's mnemonic Enhancer". Its spell cannot be learned(always fails when attempted). The reason is that associated spell SPWI975.SPL was replaced by Spell Revisions 3.1 by a spell "Shapeshift Spirit Troll". Of course one can take the backup of the original SPWI975.SPL from backups of Spell Revisions and learn the spell, but it may cause unwanted effects later with the shapeshift abilities.

Update: Problem reported to SR thread

Savegame portraits bug[Not solved] Problem with character portraits in savegame files saved in "windowed" mode. If I save a game, in windowed mode, all characters' portraits have a weird white bar on them. If I save in fullscreen, it's ok. Screen:
Spoiler

Games marked with ^__^ are saved in fullscreen, games marked with o__O - in windowed mode.

Not fixed minor bugs:

Kuldin akademy bugs[minor][reported]: The bugbears/harpies that are supposed to morph into stronger monsters sometimes do not do so.
Reason:
all area scripts in Kuldin have following blocks:
IF
	NumInParty(5)
	LevelPartyLT(20)
	LevelPartyGT(11)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbParty5Cat2","MYAREA",1)
END

IF
	NumInParty(5)
	LevelPartyLT(30)
	LevelPartyGT(21)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbParty5Cat3","MYAREA",1)
END
It seems that my current party level is 21, because values are following:
LevelPartyLT(21) - false
LevelPartyLT(22) - true
LevelPartyGT(21) - false
LevelPartyGT(20) - true
So none of those blocks are fired. I suppose LevelPartyGT(21) in the second block should be replaced with LevelPartyGT(19) and all similar checks as well.

The bugbears and harpies do not attack party members even when they are attacked. But that's pretty the same issue, because their combat script is replaced with a morphing script that is supposed to substitute a normally fighting monster instead of bugbear/harpy. Since non of those values is set, they just remain still.

There's a trap on the roof that causes CDT since like BWP 9.1.

I have reported the bug to CtB bug report thread.

"Treaty of swordsmanship"/SGBOOK01.ITM bug[Semi-fix provided by Lollorian] the book adds a proficiency point which can be nevertheless removed back by any magic-dispelling effect.
Reason: the book casts a spell SGSPL01.SPL on the user, which adds a dispellable effect of proficiency addition. The item and spell are from mod called Munchmod.

Half of the solution: Lollorian's patch which makes the effect almost permanent though it can still be lost under unknown conditions.

Drizzt's NPC cutscene bug[Minor][Not solved] There's a cutscene related to some Drizzt NPC mod that is shown during transition from AR0602 to AR0603 where drows kidnap Drizzt's friends(halfing, archer and a dwarf, i think). And the dwarf(name Bruenor) is supposed to fight the drows and start taking the upper hand in battle. But instead of that he dies(but the drows he was fighting continue dying too as if he was still alive and killing them). Then he resurrects during the second part of the cutscene when he is supposed to be actually kidnapped. That's not a serious problem, but should be fixed anyway I think.

Dryads' Acorns bug[Minor][Not solved]: I was unable to find the acorns in Irenicus's dungeon, lol. Is it only me or some mod has removed them from Illych(probably wrong spelling) fellow?

De'Arnise entrance bug[Minor][Not solved]: If I go to neng Horse Ranch and then to de'Arnise Hold, I spawn in the middle of the fortress, not in front of it as supposed. It may cause a lot of possible bugs with Nalia's quest. If I travel from Athkatla's main gates directly, I spawn where I am supposed to.

Trolls can be killed multiple times [Minor][Not solved]: when i hit a troll really hard(about 200 backstab or crit damage) it explodes in chunks of meat, I get exp for a kill and then his near-death body appears with a status "Dead". It cannot be harmed in any way(weapons hit it, but no messages about damage appear). The only way to kill it is to wait until it heals, and then try to kill it again. Sometimes I had to repeat this procedure 3-5 times because bastards kept exploding from big damage.

"Gloves of spell speed" reduce casting speed instead of increasing it[Not fixed][Minor][Hotfix is provided]: FWBRAC03.ITM from mod "Revisd Forgotten Wars Projects: Item Pack V0.1" cause spells to be cast slower by 3 instead of faster by the same value.

Reason: the item has "Amount" field of effect "Increase casting speed factor(189)" equal to "-3" instead of "3".

Solution: apparently change the value to 3.

Items that add extra mage spells sometimes cause all memorized spells to vanish [Minor][Not solved] Quite tricky to explain, but I'll try. Let us assume that I have two items that add extra spells for memorize. I have tested on these: "Gloves of spell speed"(FWBRAC06.ITM) and "Ring of wizardry"(RING08.ITM). Gloves add 3 extra 1st level spells, and the rings adds one more. If I randomly put on and off both of these items, sometimes when I put one of these items off, it causes all memorized spells to be erased so I have to choose them again. All spells of levels that the item adds extra spells to are erased. It happens not always but like every 2-6 times I put on and off these two items. Bug can be only reproduced if I have more than 1 item that adds extra spells.

No idea if this is caused by some mod or was since vanilla game, I hope someone else can add more details.

Fixed bugs:

Tashia romance bug final battle dialog missing bug[minor][fix provided][needs testing]
In area AR2805 when almost the final battle is just about to start, protagonist talks to each character to warn them personally that they don't have to go there if they do not want. And yeah, the only missing dialog was my Tashia's.

Reason: there seems to be a couple of weird actions in btashia.d which could affect Anomen romance as well.
Solution: Lollorian has reworked Tree of Life scene which was, well, screwed for Tashia and has provided a fix here: http://www.shsforums...post__p__545094
the thing still needs to be tested though

Random crashes/character export crash bug[major][solved]
Sometimes I get absolutely random crashes to desktop. The same kind of crash always occurs when I try to import a character while starting a new game. Both BWP's 9.10 and 10.3(I have tested only these, probably more versions are affected maybe even vanilla) have this issue. The crash always occurs when importing a character from a character file and occurs on some save files when importing a character from them.

Error window text is as follows:
Runtime error
<path>
abnormal program termination

Reason: after a thorough investigation it has turned out that avast antivirus is responsible.
Solution: turning out avast's shields completely solves the problem.

Particular kind of game stuttering which inevitably appears after some gameplay time[Major][Solved]
- the game starts stuttering for about half a second every second
- appears after about 10 hours of gameplay(approx)
- the stuttering will become even worse with time
- if the game is heavily modded, it will start stuttering earlier
- the stuttering is not related to items, particular scripts, sounds, graphics, etc.

Reason:
This kind of stuttering is caused by a poorly implemented hashmap in which script variables are stored. I have provided a TobEx module which solves the problem. More info in thread below:

Solution/discussion:
http://www.shsforums...the-stuttering/

De'Arnise TorGal is missing [Fixed][Hotfix is provided]: TorGal is absent in de'Arnise stronghold, which makes completing Nalia's quest pretty impossible.

Reason: component "Improved TorGal and De'Arnisse Keep: v25; Lol's Update to v26" replaces TorGal creature with a spirit troll. As well as all umberhulks in AR1301.ARE. It seems AR1800 and AR5200 are messed too, care.

Solution: use Lol's patch: http://www.shsforums...attach_id=24519 to fix the mod

Workaround: As a workaround one can spawn TorGal manually (TorGal.cre) or take a backup of AR1301.are before the component was installed.

Escaped clone Silver Star bug[Minor][Fixed] If I do not have Silver Star in party, The CLONE1.CRE in AR0603.are triggers dialog option in CLONE1.DLG "And you, Silver Star, poison's prerversion, have you returned to torment me?", but there's no Silver Star to answer her and the dialog just interrupts. The clone should become hostile when the dialog is finished.

Update: problem was reported to "Silver Star's" thread: http://www.shsforums...erstar-released But those guys seem to be pretty inactive and the problem may be moved to a fixpack. Should I report it somewhere else?

Update2: Lollorian fixed the problem: http://www.shsforums...attach_id=24490

Chloe/Malaaq spawning bug[Hotfix is provided][Fixed in next TobEx] Some creatures do not spawn. For example Chloe/Malaaq in Irenicus dungeon and probably a lot of others.
Reason: "Move areas fix" in TobEx 0.23.1 is bugged, setting it to 0 fixes the problem for now.

Update: the bug was reported to Ascension64 and fixed in upcoming TobEx release.

Trolls die of normal damage [Minor][Supposed to be feature]: when trolls fall on ground in "near death" status, I can kill them normally with regular weapon.

Update: component "Streamlined Trolls: v25; Lol's Update to v26" reduces their physical resistance from 100 to 66. Consider as feature?

Edited by Suslik, 19 August 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

3) Bug with "empty" items in randomly-generated loot. Bug with items that spawn in containers and look like an empty cell in inventory, but the can be picked and cannot be dropped. That bug is probably elder than me, but no one cares to fix it : )

Hi there :D

I'd like to get to the bottom of this but it would require some help yeah? :P What you need to do is tell us:

- the item code: either pickup the item and save the game and attach the savefile here OR open your savefile using NearInfinity (check out Jarno's FAQ - one of the stickies) and check out the inventory of the character holding the item. If the item has a tooltip, it would help to know what it says too :)

- the area code: hit the X key when you're in the area where you got the item and a message should pop up in the lower message box (the one that records all conversations and stuff :P) We just need the area code, and not the X-Y coordinates :D

Hopefully that should be enough to find the source and determine why those items are like that :P (maybe they're placeholders for some randomization script or just items that don't have an icon :ROFL:). If they have don't a unique name, it would imply they were never meant to be picked up in which case this would be an easy fix ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hey, Lollorian.

About random items. I think I have completed like 4 or 5 versions of BWP since about 9.2 standard to 10.3 tactical and there Always were such bugged items. So I thought everyone knows about them : D Because such items are always in random containers, I'll need to play for a while to spawn one. I'll tell you when I find one of those and tell you the details.

#4 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hi,

I've already encounter this item-bug, the funny part of this bug is that when you open your savegame with SK, there is NO item at this place in your inventory...
So, to workaround this bug, open your savegame with SK, save with SK, and then play :)

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

That would imply an SK thing :P But it would be better to nip the problem at its source and find out why the items are created in the first place :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

That would imply an SK thing :P But it would be better to nip the problem at its source and find out why the items are created in the first place :lol:

Indeed :lol2: ... I also said this in order to make you know that you can't see witch item it is with a savegame loaded in SK :)

#7 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Those empty items usually appear as an empty cell in lame containers among other random lame loot like "two bullets for sling, *empty item*, minor healing potion, three crossbow bolts and five coins"

#8 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Added fourth question in first post.
Upd1: workaround for 4) issue
Upd2: added fifth issue

Edited by Suslik, 28 January 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#9 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Added one more issue about savegames in windowed mode. Added a status to each problem: [Fixed](error is fixed in the mod itself), [Workaround is provided](i have a workaround to minimize the problem temporarily), [Not Solved](i require community assistance to find even a temporary workaround). And I have come up with issue names instead of numbers, so I can move solved ones to the bottom.

Update on "empty items" problem:
These items actually disappear even without shadow keeper - just saving the game and loading it removes such items from inventory. Weird.

Update on "Chloe/Malaaq/Move area fix" problem: I have reported the problem to Ascension64 and he fixed it in upcoming release. Yay.

Edited by Suslik, 28 January 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Re Empty items:
Now would be a good time to ask A64 over the ToBEx forums because this really seems like some freak engine thing now :unsure:

Re Silver Star:
A majority of the humongous list of interjections she has don't have InParty() checks for Star herself :D Hence, everyone just assumes she's in your party and blabs like crazy :lol:

I'll try doing that in a while :P

EDIT: Ok maybe I exaggerated :ROFL: There were only 2 interjections that needed the check :P (the others won't even start)
- the Clone one you got
- the interjection that happens in the Dryad Grove (in Chateau Irenicus)

Added a check for IsValidForPartyDialog("D#Silver") in both :cheers: Fix attached :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 28 January 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#11 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for reply, Lol.

About empty items I think it's better to look at the mod which actually adds random items, because empty items are always from random loot.
Thanks for silver star blabbering fix, I hope it'll get to a fixpack.

#12 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Lollorian, is "Streamlined trolls: v25; Lol's Update to v26" yours? Why did you reduce dying trolls' physical resistance so that they can be killed with regular weapons easily?

And a major bug added: De'Arnise TorGal is missing, details in first post. Lollorian, dont even try to hide : )

Edited by Suslik, 30 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Why I don't even... :devil: (sucks to not install Tactics in my installs yeah? :D)

The BWPFixpack's Torgal patch is extreme mumbo-jumbo that I'm not capable of :o I'll try to find out where I got that from...Although that patch shouldn't just replace Torgal with a spirit troll (but then, I just woke up lol :ROFL:)

Meanwhile, could you attach the AR1301.are you find in the tactics2/backup folder? It should be in some random numerical subfolder - nothing a quick search can't find :D

The creature changes are methinks direct overwrites and if regular Tactics had them, the BWP doesn't change it - so no imba phys rez for trollolols thanku :lol:

#14 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Sure, here we go.
After tactics: http://dl.dropbox.co...ter tactics.ARE
Before tactics: http://dl.dropbox.co...ore tactics.ARE

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

- the area code: hit the X key when you're in the area where you got the item and a message should pop up in the lower message box (the one that records all conversations and stuff :P) We just need the area code, and not the X-Y coordinates

This would be the most useful - nearly impossible to figure it out without that info, unless someone wants to do a full .itm/.bam sweep in BWP. Also coordinates are useful unless someone can tell us the container number (especially for large areas). I am guessing this is due to mods adding bogus items without proper inventory icons (BAMs) hence they are invisible.

Edit: better yet, if the player finds the area code, it is then easy enough to open the area with DLTCEP and see if any items lack icons (it is easiest for this as you can just click on the Containers tab and scroll down them really quickly - any missing icons on container items, there's your culprit).

Edited by Miloch, 30 January 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hokeydoke I have news about the Tactics patch :D It seems the changes are from this modified .tp2 (that's a direct link btw - couldn't find the thread it's attached in :()

Also, the fix seems a simple change in the BWPFixpack patch :lol: (apparently there are 2 different string compare functions in WeiDU - STRING_COMPARE_CASE which returns 0 on match and STRING_EQUAL_CASE which returns 1 on match)

Simply put, the tactics patch in the BWP replaced every actor in AR1301.are that WASN'T a Troll/Giant Troll with a Spirit Troll :ROFL: You might also see consequences of this kinda role reversal in AR1800 and AR5200 :D

Just drop the attached file into the BiG World Fixpack/tactics2/ folder before running the install,bat :cheers:

PS: It means you'll need to revert to backups of AR1800.are and AR5200.are as well :P And also... the BWP peeps need to remove the Lol from that patch :ROFL:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 31 January 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#17 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

First of all, thanks lol for fixing spirit trolls

- the area code: hit the X key when you're in the area where you got the item and a message should pop up in the lower message box (the one that records all conversations and stuff :P) We just need the area code, and not the X-Y coordinates

This would be the most useful - nearly impossible to figure it out without that info, unless someone wants to do a full .itm/.bam sweep in BWP. Also coordinates are useful unless someone can tell us the container number (especially for large areas). I am guessing this is due to mods adding bogus items without proper inventory icons (BAMs) hence they are invisible.

Edit: better yet, if the player finds the area code, it is then easy enough to open the area with DLTCEP and see if any items lack icons (it is easiest for this as you can just click on the Containers tab and scroll down them really quickly - any missing icons on container items, there's your culprit).

I'm afraid I would have done it long ago if it was that simple. The thing is emty items are always in random loot. So if I enter the same location twice, random loot in containers is never the same and sometimes it contains empty items. For example last time I've seen the bug in AR1301 but during the tests I have completed it like 5 times and found an empty item only once.

If I pick the item up, I cannot drop it. If I save-load the game, it vanishes from my inventory.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

Trolls die of normal damage [Minor][Not solved]:
when trolls fall on ground in "near death" status, I can kill them normally with regular weapon. Update: component "Streamlined Trolls: v25; Lol's Update to v26" reduces their physical resistance from 100 to 66. Why?

Well cuz Tactics says so ;) I'll quote the readme of the mod - specifically the Streamlined Trolls component :D

/------
| Streamlined Trolls
\------
This component changes the way the game handles trolls, substituting one arbitrary hack job for another. In the unmodded game trolls carry a special item that makes their minimum hit point value 1 (so they cannot be killed). Their AI script constantly looks to see if their actual hit points are below some value (usually 12). If they are, the troll is replaced by a special alternate troll creature (the "lying down" one) that has one hit point and lacks the special minhp item but is immune to most types damage. Unfortunately, any number of situations can cause the game to fail to check that script condition (e.g., the troll is held, or many party members are beating on it at once), resulting in an "unkillable" troll that sits arond soaking up blows until (e.g.) your party walks away to give it time to "breathe and fall over".

This component changes that. Trolls lose their "minimum hit points = 1" item, so they can be killed outright. As a result you will never end up with an "immortal" troll. To compensate, trolls gain 66% physical resistances to non-fire, non-acid, non-poison sources. This component doesn't particularly make the game harder or easier, but it does mean that troll group fights require less "constant vigilance" (to make sure that your party isn't "wasting time" attacking a troll that isn't going down).

Also, about the empty items, prolly BS but would this have anything to do with those stupid RNDTREXX.itms that @#^$ed up Exnem's items the last time? :D

Edited by Lollorian, 31 January 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#19 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

Okay, thanks for the description about trolls, but I think removing this exact item:

In the unmodded game trolls carry a special item that makes their minimum hit point value 1 (so they cannot be killed).

Sometimes causes a bug called "Trolls can be killed multiple times" in my list. Instead of being replaced with 1hp, troll first dies and then a new "lying down" copy with "Dead" status is created. It was impossible to do such thing in vanilla game, because normal trolls(troll01.cre) were immortal until they enter their "lying down" state(troll02.cre).

I'll let the "troll resistance" bug to hang as unsolved for a while, if no suggestions will come, i'll mark at as feature and consider solved.

I constantly add new bugs I have discovered to the list and bump the thread when a lot of minor bugs were added or one major.

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

Troll component sounds a wee bit hackish :whistling:.

If it's a random item missing an icon, that's a real pain, but even easier to find. At any rate, it limits the suspects. Just go through all your rnd*.2da tables with Near Infinity on one side of your screen and DLTCEP on the other (so you can search and see the icons or lack of icons) to look up the items. I could probably write some code to do it but meh, I've got a thesis to write :(.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle