Photo

what you expect to se in the third game?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:02 AM

More times when you have to rely on other members in the party. Honestly if you're being chased by bounty hunters, who the bloody hell is going to go to Nar Shadda and advertise the fact!?! It would have been more realistic to have a char who knows the place take 'em around as party leader. (I know that they do have a few places where other members do lead but still... I'd like more where it's realistic to)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#22 -Playloud-

-Playloud-

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:00 PM

My ideas for KOTOR3...

Most important thing is the STORY. I have been happy with the first two KOTOR games (almost finished with STL), and I hope the story in KOTOR3 will be at least as good as it was for the first two.

A Strong relationship (good or bad) is important. I didn't get the same connections with Kreia/Exile, as I did with Revan/Bastila. Even though the relationships were different in nature, Kreia seemed more like an old hag that was tagging along, occasionally giving you some insight. You were "bonded" to her, but it seemed that was the only reason you kept her around. Bastila on the other hand, had far more character.

I like some of the improvements made to KOTOR2, such as (in no particular order)...

1. Improved customization of weapons/armor
2. Scaleable UI
3. Footlockers that tell you if they are empty
4. Better looking robes
5. Able to switch weapon sets on the fly (I don't use this, but a nice feature)
6. Influence (probably my favorite addition)
7. Prestige classes
8. Ability to use other skills (awareness) in conversations.
9. Lightsaber forms - not unbalancing, but it does make a difference.

There are some things that I think were not so good, such as lack of polish. In KOTOR1, once I had downloaded a new driver for my ATI, the game ran flawlessly. In KOTOR2, I don't crash, but there are always little hiccups in the transitions.

I haven't reached the end of the game just yet, so I can't comment on the ending.

It has been suggested by some (not necessarily in this thread) that you should start out KOTOR3 as the Exile, exactly where you left off (that way you get to own everybody right from the start, think of the fun!). I think this would be a mistake, as leveling up your character and learning more about your character is most of the fun. I would not mind a continuation of KOTOR2, but I think you would have to be a new character. Perhaps After playing a short amount of time (first planet), you could run into either Revan, or The Exile, who see your potential, and train you. For obvious reasons, they would not be able to come with you on your journey (you don't want to be the newb of the group), but you would have to complete some huge mission for him/her, while he/she does his/her thing elsewhere.

Another idea, is you could be somebody who was supposed to become a Padawan, but due to the Jedi Civil War you were unable to train with a Jedi. Therefore, you are FS, but have no training/saber. This allows you to level up like the previous games.

I am usually of the opinion that less is more. While I like in general the new feats/powers that have been added, I don't want the game to get carried away adding more, just for the sake of adding more. Unarmed combat became viable with KOTOR2, and with the exception of the Echani, I don't think it should be that way. Making special character that can fight well unarmed is ok, but for everybody to have the ability seems unrealistic (even for Star Wars).

I really liked the idea of your personal lightsaber crystal, that grows in power as you do. That gave me an idea for a Robe. Perhaps along the way, you can create your own special Robe that will grow in stats as you progress (you could also customize the colors). The ability to raise and lower your hood would be welcome also. I think this would be a great addition to the game.

In a retreat from "less is more", I think we should be able to take more party members out (5 counting yourself seems like a good number). Being limited to 3 (yourself + 2) makes it so most of your party members are forgotten. I tend to pick the same people over and over. Once you have a total of 3 Jedi in your group, you never part with them unless you are forced to. I realize this makes replay ability more difficult, but perhaps we could just have a larger pool to choose from. I want to be forced to have people in my group that aren't Jedi. If I have another 2 Jedi in my group, it would be great to still have somebody (HK-47 or similar) with a couple of blasters, and perhaps an echani who is unarmed.) Of course, the NPCs would have to be tougher to for it, but that is easy to do. Perhaps this could be activated. For example, at a certain point in the game, when you get to a more linear story line (see the next paragraph), you could get the skill "Leadership", which allows you to bring a 4th party member, and then Leadership 2 (maxed out) that allows you to bring a fifth.

NPCs (especially boss NPCs) need to be harder. I just defeated the person you fight before you head to the last place (vague for spoiler reasons), and I defeated this NPC in ONE ROUND! I am playing on the "hard" setting, and with Master Speed/Flurry, Form VII, and a good saber, I beat this person in one round (I think I got a couple of crits in there). This is probably my biggest gripe with the game. Now, I understand that you can't have really hard NPCs and still allow players the freedom to visit planets in any order. You can't have a super hard NPC on Dantooine, and have the player there at level 10, unable to defeat it. For this, there should be a fairly linear story line for a decent portion of the end game (as you will be very powerful by then), so they can put in worthy foes without fear of making them unbeatable. As it is, I really don't care about looting stims and such, as I never have a need for them. The linear end game (say the last half would also make it easier to incorporate a group of 5, instead of 3. If the game knows you will have 5 people in your group, it can be designed to have a challenge worthy of such a group.

Regarding the engine. I would welcome a new graphics engine, but I would not be too disappointed if KOTOR3 used the same old engine. I have the PC version, and my PC has no problems playing the game, and it looks great. Better graphics would be welcome, but I would hope my current system (p4 2.4c, Gig, R9800Pro 256MB, WD Raptor 74GB) could handle it.

Lightsaber combat. Maybe it's just me, but I like carrying a traditional single saber into combat. As all but one saber wielding person in the movies has carried this configuration, I have to assume they were doing it for a reason (don't tell me Yoda wasn't skilled enough to do it). I think a single blade saber should have more benefits than it does (with Jedi Weapon Master, you can get duals at nearly the same penalties, but still roughly double dmg). I would like to see more benefit to compensate for less damage.

Final thought, please stop making the best headgear in the game a mask. I like to see my face, as the masks just look stupid. The sunglasses face gear is ok, but the kind that totally cover your face (think of the Sith mask from KOTOR1) make you look stupid if you are walking into a Cantina.

Well, that is all I can think of right now, please feel free to comment on any of my suggestions.

Edit: I just thought of something else. There really HAS to be more variety in the NPC faces. When I can see roughly 20 different people with an identical face, that is just plain wrong. You don't even need to change the graphics engine for that (I don't think).

#23 Skynet

Skynet
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

I agree. More romances, items, la la la, etc. It would also be nice to continue in some way the story from Kotor I and II. The graphics engine was better in Kotor II but the modifications were not realy enough (<Idea> Maybe they should create an engine like the one in Lord of the Rings ... i'm not a fan but the engine looked realy nice an didn't consume so much resources. </Idea>).
Probably it would be a good <Idea> to include more sub-quests, planets, places to visit, characters, dialogues </Idea>. Let's face it, the story in Kotor II <insert star wars censored words>. I was realy disapointed ... it was too short ...

<--End--> :devil:  :ph34r:  :online2long:   :crying:   :angry:

#24 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

More romances and a higher difficulty.
Especially KOTOR 2 was a laugh
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#25 -Alexio-

-Alexio-

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:54 AM

I love this series of games but really i think that you should have more romance coz (yes i am a nerd) i thought some of the characters were quite pretty.
OBVIOUSLY NOT KREIA.
Also i would like to see whether visas has anything above her nose and perhaps a bigger choice on who joins your party. e.g. go up to sum1 and say "hello, do you want to go travelling around the outer rim killing evil sith and random people who get in our way?" finally i would like to have more variety in your clothes, ship, race, and weapons.

#26 Sol

Sol
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:04 AM

1. More romances
2. Higher difficulty (a lot please)
3. More tactical battles that require at least a bit of thinking
4. A great story

#27 -darthyomama-

-darthyomama-

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:57 AM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE= 14]
You should still be the exile, cause i can't think of anything else that would make more sense. I don't want to see more anticlimactic crap! Darth Nihhilimus (spelling? oh well, dumb name anyway) , you kept hearing about how evil and powerful he was from visas and Kreia, and then, you fight him on the ravager and you can kill him in about thirty seconds. At 1 point i had a glitch and he just stood still for five seconds. If he could kill a whole planet (well except visas, but whatever) with his hand, i'd like to see him be a challenge for some little exiled jedi.

Make the battles smoother! I am actually a fan of KOTOR II's turn'based fighting but it would be a million times better if it was smooth.

Darth Sion, who was he, all i learned is that he was kreia's pupil, and he thought the dark side was more powerful (na duh!)

Kreia, she didn't tell you enough about her past ad your friends pasts, just their future at the end. And those 3 floating lightsabers! that was so dumb i wanted to sue LucasArts and Obsidian.

and what a spectacular ending! You get to see your ship fly into an aura thing, yay! (sarcasticness intended)
Kotor had a bit better plotline, but KOTOR III should blow those two out of the water!

but whatever they do, get rid of force powers that you don't use. Oh boy, i'm level 16 now, so i can get +2 damage on attacks. But please keep force storm. i do like that KOTOR let you gobeyond level 20

:thumb:

#28 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

Well , the coolest thing I can imagine (which they will probably be too lazy to do) is if you could decide whether Revan and the Exile were good or evil and get one of four different storylines depending on that choice. (Since you too could go light or dark, that would be eight possible endings)
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#29 -Lanky-

-Lanky-

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:06 AM

I played KoTOR 2 as light side and thought it was great. I think that the frist three KoTOR games will be a bit like the star wars iv,v and iv in the way that the frist one his a end and the next two are a packages. I and hope you play the next KoTOR game with the exil.

Some things i would like to see in the next game are:

1 A voice
2 To control an army
3 More planets (Please make Coruscant)
4 Romance
5 A rank between Jedi (what ever you chose to be) and jedi master/ sith lord like sith/jedi knight.
6 have an army at your comand (I would like this when i play dark side :devil: )
7 Start an jedi concil
8 Give people task
9 Better maskes
10 hood up/down button
11 Be able to wear your light saber (like in the movies) and put your gun in the hoster

and thats all i got for now.

#30 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

I played KoTOR 2 as light side and thought it was great. I think that the frist three KoTOR games will be a bit like the star wars iv,v and iv in the way that the frist one his a end and the next two are a packages. I and hope you play the next KoTOR game with the exil.

1 A voice
2 To control an army
3 More planets (Please make Coruscant but bring back the old plants. I misss them)
4 Romance
5 A rank between Jedi (what ever you chose to be) and jedi master/ sith lord like sith/jedi knight.
6 have an army at your comand (I would like this when i play dark side :devil: )
7 Start an jedi concil
8 Give people task
9 Better maskes
10 hood up/down button
11 Be able to wear your light saber (like in the movies) and put your gun in the hoster
12 Make KoTOR 3 for people who have played KoTOR 2

And ever 1 who has played this game knows the kreia killed the jedi concil. I was reading in a nother site and some wanted the exil to go in front of the concil again can some1 tell me how this works.

#31 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:44 AM

And ever 1 who has played this game knows the kreia killed the jedi concil. I was reading in a nother site and some wanted the exil to go in front of the concil again can some1 tell me how this works.

View Post

You can't go back to the council again if that's what you are asking. When you play DS, you get the option of killing the masters when you see them on the planets. When you play LS, you see them back at Dantooine one last time before Kreia drained them dead.

If you mean you want to be able to go back to the council, perhaps a new council without the 'dead' masters then but I doubt it'll be in Dantooine again.

1 A voice

View Post

I like the idea of having a voice for the Exile. Even Spellforce provided a voice for the Avatar.

Having a rank is cool though I'm not sure what other purposes that'll serve.

#32 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:19 AM

[quote name='Celestine' date='Apr 3 2005, 03:34 AM']
[/quote]

You can't go back to the council again if that's what you are asking. When you play DS, you get the option of killing the masters when you see them on the planets. When you play LS, you see them back at Dantooine one last time before Kreia drained them dead.

[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

Do you get anything for killing them??? :devil:

#33 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

I've got to disagree with the influence for future games o the simple basis that it was to do with the exile's gifts in the force, just like reven was Force sensitive (I disagreed with most chars having this ability in TSL) in the first game and Bastila's battle meditation (though maybe in TSL it should have been called minor battle meditation or something)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

#34 Scorch

Scorch
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:26 AM

to make KOTOR better the story line should be different...

if you follow the path of the light side then all the republic follow you and u are against the sith

but if u follow the path of the dark side then the sith become you allies and then you must battle against the republic...

i get very anoyed when i follow the path of the dark side and i still have to kill sith...

also a few more planets would be nice, to make the game last longer and fun

better NPC's
Better story line (*u are always looking for something)
Opening start

it is getting silly on all the KOTOR because at the start u are always asleep or in a Tank....
why can you be in a massive battle at the start then be injured or knockout then wake up and start the game

anyone here agree with this :D

#35 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:59 AM

technacally in the first you were in the middle of a battle, and the second you were rescued from a battle...

#36 Scorch

Scorch
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

i see where u are coming from, but still it would be nice to be in a battle at the start, it would be better then to be Rescued after a battle or waking up after one..

Edited by Scorch, 05 April 2005 - 12:24 PM.

#37 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

I know what you mean, I was just fulfilling the role as nitpicker for today :D someones gotta do it :whistling:

#38 -Crushingmonkey-

-Crushingmonkey-

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

Ok, bearing in mind the idea for continuing the storylines of Revan and the exile, would it be possible to perhaps select a saved game from the first KOTOR and the second so that the appearance of the two characters can be replicated exactly the same. Of course, only the appearance should be generated and not the skills, attributes or alignment of the char. Some might disagree, but I think it would ruin the game to start off as a fully fledged Jedi. So would something like this be possible? Then, you could have both Revan and the Exile as seperate main characters, as the exile is given the choice of following Revan at the end of KOTOR 3. I do not know how this would work, but it would be great to see the interactions between the two, either ending peacefully or in a duel! Then Lucasarts/Obsidian would have to create something wtihin the storyline which explains why both the exile and Revan have lost their powers and/or start off as mere Force sensitives at the beggining of the Game. To be honest, working at Obsidian right now must be great because they could do anything with the storyline. Does anyone actually know if a KOTOR 3 has been scheduled yet?

Anyway, I thing a two main char game would be great, if done right, since the KOTOR community has bonded and reacted so well to both characters. However, If you were made to play as even just one of the previous main characters, I would not enjoy having to recreate either the exile or Revan. So... a method of replication should be introduced. It is unlikely that you will get to play as either, although it could be great.

Maybe the two previous storylines should be selected again, sorta like saying whether Revan was a girl or bloke at the beggining. This way, playing as good or evil, or as revan and the exile being good or evil, would be completley different experiences from the very beggining, rather than there only being minor fluctuations in the storyline as before. This is of course very ambitious, but would be great,

Anyway, can't be arsed to read over what I've written to check for spelling mistakes/ grammer, so bear with me. :)

#39 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:42 AM

View Post

Do you get anything for killing them??? :devil:

View Post

So far, I've only managed to kill Vrook in my DS game, when you do fight him. Kreia and exile will learn his Lightsaber form, and you'll observed the way he used it to learn it. When finally he's dead, you actually drain his life and increased your force powers (one-time). Kreia will then tell you something about the draining technique you just used.

Edited by Celestine, 06 April 2005 - 06:43 AM.

#40 -Crushingmonkey-

-Crushingmonkey-

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

Another point worth mentioning is whether you guys see this as a trilogy or more like, as many are saying, a Final Fantasy series. If it is a trilogy, it is crucial to wrap up the revan/exile storyline. If not, I wouldn't mind playing as a new character.