• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:03 AM

If you find any bugs, please report here. I'll see what I can do about them.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#2 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:02 AM

From an unreleased mod?

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#3 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:48 AM

The Alpha version of Kido has been released, it is downloadable on my site

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#4 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:10 AM

Found a "not important for installing, but important for story line" bug and corrected it; you only need to download one new file and it is in the topic Kido Alpha version releashed

#5 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:45 AM

Found a "not important for installing, but important for story line" bug and corrected it; you only need to download one new file and it is in the topic Kido Alpha version releashed

This is off course already included in the Alpha version 1.3. But still no bugs :huh:. I'm that good??? ^_^ I'm pleased!!!!

#6 Imrahil

Imrahil
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:45 PM

Well, if you insist... :)

Most things I found were *very* minor, but here goes...

- in the description of his hood, it says "You wander if...", which should be "wonder"
- his voice is *very* quiet relative to the other NPC's - any way to increase the volume?
- he has Coran's portrait - I'm sure you realize that, but he should have a unique one
- in the banter with Anomen about knighthood, Anomen says "now that I'm a knight", but he hadn't passed his test yet, then Anomen says "your life is forfeit" but they don't fight
- the Minsc & Jan banters, while very good, tend to repeat (esp. the one about Minsc asking him if the song is ready, even after they had the "here's the song" banter)
- in his banter with Aerie, he says "...that you didn't magically loose them" which should be "lose them"

Just some thoughts, given that he's an alpha...

- he should say something to Raelis about the play & to Haer Dalis' when you first meet him
- his dagger is a little on the strong side - if someone gets stunned for 7 rounds it may as well be a vorpal effect - maybe reduce it to 3 rounds?
- I'd like to find out what his Hood does at some point - but maybe that's planned for a later release

Nice job, though - he's entertaining - looking forward to future releases.

- Imrahil

EDIT: I forgot one thing: when you equip his Dagger, nothing shows up in his paper doll, almost like it's being treated as a Dart, rather than a Dagger - if you equip a regular Dagger, you can see the difference

Edited by Imrahil, 01 August 2004 - 07:48 PM.

#7 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:55 AM

Well, if you insist...  :)

Most things I found were *very* minor, but here goes...

- in the description of his hood, it says "You wander if...", which should be "wonder"

- in his banter with Aerie, he says "...that you didn't magically loose them" which should be "lose them"

Okay let's go by it per point.

As I said I'm dutch. My english okay, but ain't perfect. I have changed it already!!! (Quick he ;) )

- his voice is *very* quiet relative to the other NPC's - any way to increase the volume?

Yep I know this. Sounds needs some fixes, see other topic

- he has Coran's portrait - I'm sure you realize that, but he should have a unique one

Never thought that portrait suited Coran and I think it suits Kido. Don't know if I'll change it.

- in the banter with Anomen about knighthood, Anomen says "now that I'm a knight", but he hadn't passed his test yet, then Anomen says "your life is forfeit" but they don't fight

This is a bug!!!! That shouldn't be, there should be a check if Anomen is knight and they should fight!

- the Minsc & Jan banters, while very good, tend to repeat (esp. the one about Minsc asking him if the song is ready, even after they had the "here's the song" banter)

Another real bug! This should not happen

Just some thoughts, given that he's an alpha...

- he should say something to Raelis about the play & to Haer Dalis' when you first meet him

Interjections will come later (aiming here at Raelis)

- his dagger is a little on the strong side - if someone gets stunned for 7 rounds it may as well be a vorpal effect - maybe reduce it to 3 rounds?

In order to compensate for the hood, besides this stunning effect is equall to those of the stunning darts in that way it is not overpowered. The returning makes it fun.

- I'd like to find out what his Hood does at some point - but maybe that's planned for a later release

I'm afraid you won't and it is as said a compensation for the somewhat powerfull knife

EDIT: I forgot one thing: when you equip his Dagger, nothing shows up in his paper doll, almost like it's being treated as a Dart, rather than a Dagger - if you equip a regular Dagger, you can see the difference

Strange I don't have this, but I'll look it up

Nice job, though - he's entertaining - looking forward to future releases.

- Imrahil

Thanks for comment and thanks for the support. Spread the word about Kido okay? :thumb:

Edited by Deathsangel, 04 August 2004 - 07:17 AM.

#8 ddlam

ddlam
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:32 AM

I have installed Kido
but i found that when he throw the dagger , it won't return..
it just disappear. :(
IS this the MOD problem?
or the incompatibility with other mod?

Edited by ddlam, 08 March 2005 - 03:50 AM.

#9 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:38 AM

It is a mod problem and it has been adressed. You can either download the new version, as two other minor (typo and appearing of interjection) have been adressed. For a quick fix you can go to the pinned thread: "Kido Version 3 available", in the second post the correct daggers are posted. Download them and put them in BG2/Kido/items folder and override the others. Then open Setup-Kido.exe and choose the option re-install of Kido the Jester. This won't mess up anything and will give you the correct daggers. Hope this is enough explanation.

Edited by Deathsangel, 08 March 2005 - 04:39 AM.

#10 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:27 AM

Found two bugs today you may have already corrected.

1) Check if the variable for Global "Undecided" is "GLOBAL" rather than "LOCALS". In the .baf file I have for Kido it was Global("Undecided","GLOBAL",1) but in my Kidoj.d it was Global("Undecided","LOCALS",1) so I didn't get the next speech. It may be that I have an earlier version of the .baf and Kidoj.d.

2) While this code worked, it also spawned an error message that flashed by quickly on the screen. Kido in the ActionOverride should be "DKido" instead of Kido without the quote marks.

I_C_T NEEBER 15 lastfrustration
== KIDOJ IF ~InParty("DKido") See("DKido")~ THEN @205
DO ~ActionOverride(Kido,

(rest of the code left so not to spoil game) :D

#11 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:27 PM

Thanks! 3 refinements made/bugs corrected! Thus with a few other it is Kido version 3.2

#12 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:00 AM

A *very* minor bug. ;)

At night, during the first Garrick/Irlana poetry scene, Kido interjects saying "Oh my, how pathetic!" or something similar. It gives the error NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS and ends the conversation.

#13 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

A *very* minor bug. ;)

At night, during the first Garrick/Irlana poetry scene, Kido interjects saying "Oh my, how pathetic!" or something similar. It gives the error NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS and ends the conversation.

View Post

Hm... the conversation of Garrick should continue. Will fix it in v. 4. Upcoming after Ariena and then we will start with the real quest...

*spoilerish* Basically as Kido version 4 will have his personal quest it is my learning process to understand coding quests.

#14 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:24 AM

Another bug! This one's a little more serious, especially to an unexpecting player (like me :rolleyes: )

When you gave the bear back to the spirit Wellyn and talk to his parents that are there during the day, they thank you and leave the area ( EscapeAreaMove() if I'm correct). Kido comments there, saying "Yeah, well someone had to do it." and Kido is removed from the party and he does an EscapeAreaMove() as well. :blink:

I've encountered this bug in my Mod as well, and it's easily fixed by adding another line to the halfling parents. The EscapeAreaMove() is meant for them, but since Kido is the last character to react to them, the EscapeAreaMove() affects him too, and we don't want that, do we? ;)

#15 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

Another bug! This one's a little more serious, especially to an unexpecting player (like me  :rolleyes: )

When you gave the bear back to the spirit Wellyn and talk to his parents that are there during the day, they thank you and leave the area ( EscapeAreaMove() if I'm correct). Kido comments there, saying "Yeah, well someone had to do it." and Kido is removed from the party and he does an EscapeAreaMove() as well.  :blink:

I've encountered this bug in my Mod as well, and it's easily fixed by adding another line to the halfling parents. The EscapeAreaMove() is meant for them, but since Kido is the last character to react to them, the EscapeAreaMove() affects him too, and we don't want that, do we? ;)

View Post

Whoops, rather drastic indeed. I fixed the other one. Will work on this this instant! Thanks for reporting :thumb:

[edit] It is not always need to put in an extra line. But that is coding stuff. If you want to know PM me

Edited by Deathsangel, 11 May 2005 - 09:25 AM.

#16 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

ActionOverride() is your friend. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#17 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:32 AM

Actually I_C_T2 instead of I_C_T.

#18 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

Works either way. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#19 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:48 PM

Wait a second.... a global moderator :blink: ... on my forum?! Wheee!!! :D :P Okay back to the topic though.

#20 Imrahil

Imrahil
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:34 PM

Hey - about 3/4 done with my Kido run, but I figured I'd report a couple things I found...

- I encountered the Wellyn problem above, but also, when you first talk to Wellyn, Kido asks him what happened to his bear (before Wellyn actually reached CHARNAME, who I had sent to talk to him), then the dialogue just stops - you have to talk to Wellyn again by clicking on him to get the rest of the story

- it's possible to "miss" the play if you rescue Haer Dalis before entering the basement of the Five Flagons - if this happens, Kido has his standard comments about a play you never see

- after talking to Xzar (where Kido interjects), Rylock didn't reappear outside the Harper Hold - I had to CLUA him in

Other than that, so far so good! :)

- Imrahil