• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:27 PM

Hey - about 3/4 done with my Kido run, but I figured I'd report a couple things I found...

- I encountered the Wellyn problem above, but also, when you first talk to Wellyn, Kido asks him what happened to his bear (before Wellyn actually reached CHARNAME, who I had sent to talk to him), then the dialogue just stops - you have to talk to Wellyn again by clicking on him to get the rest of the story

- it's possible to "miss" the play if you rescue Haer Dalis before entering the basement of the Five Flagons - if this happens, Kido has his standard comments about a play you never see

- after talking to Xzar (where Kido interjects), Rylock didn't reappear outside the Harper Hold - I had to CLUA him in

Other than that, so far so good!  :)

- Imrahil

View Post

1st and 3rd problem are easy to fix I reckon. It will be given attention in version 4.

The second one is quite difficult I think to do. Is it true you do not see the play if Haer'Dalis is rescued? I wanted to add a check for something else as well (making sure he goes up to the bar in The Five Flagons in after the first initial conversation)

Many thanks for your report :thumb: Version 4 will adress these problems.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#22 Imrahil

Imrahil
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:23 PM

Hey - managed to finish up this weekend, & I found a few more things...

- I had the conversation about "we make a great team - Cyric & Bhaal" twice, then right after it ended the 2nd time, I had the "So have you given it some thought?" conversation

- in one of the Anoman banters, Anomen uses the phrase "I do not reckon...", which is the way Kido talks, but Anomen would probably be a little more formal - something like "I do not suppose..." or "I do not believe..."

- in the Cernd banter about Kido wanting to be infected with lycanthropy, Cernd says "I do not think you are possible of such a feature, Kido." which sounds strange - could probably stand to be reworded a bit ("I do not think you are capable of such a trait, Kido.", perhaps)

- I was expecting Kido to have something to say to Naljier Skal - the Bard in the Asylum, but I didn't see anything - that'd be a good place for him to speak up, I think

- finally, when you first get to Hell, Kido approaches CHARNAME & says his line "Who! Nice place here..." (note that it should probably say "Whoa!" instead of "Who!"), but it happens *before* the game tells you "The pain subsides, and you open your eyes to horror beyond imagining.". After those lines is when the characters usually give their reactions.

Aside from the Wellyn thing, which can cause Kido to permanently vanish, I didn't find anything major - just minor issues. Nice work! :)

- Imrahil

#23 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

- I encountered the Wellyn problem above, but also, when you first talk to Wellyn, Kido asks him what happened to his bear (before Wellyn actually reached CHARNAME, who I had sent to talk to him), then the dialogue just stops - you have to talk to Wellyn again by clicking on him to get the rest of the story

- it's possible to "miss" the play if you rescue Haer Dalis before entering the basement of the Five Flagons - if this happens, Kido has his standard comments about a play you never see

- after talking to Xzar (where Kido interjects), Rylock didn't reappear outside the Harper Hold - I had to CLUA him in

- I had the conversation about "we make a great team - Cyric & Bhaal" twice, then right after it ended the 2nd time, I had the "So have you given it some thought?" conversation

- in one of the Anoman banters, Anomen uses the phrase "I do not reckon...", which is the way Kido talks, but Anomen would probably be a little more formal - something like "I do not suppose..." or "I do not believe..."

- in the Cernd banter about Kido wanting to be infected with lycanthropy, Cernd says "I do not think you are possible of such a feature, Kido." which sounds strange - could probably stand to be reworded a bit ("I do not think you are capable of such a trait, Kido.", perhaps)

- I was expecting Kido to have something to say to Naljier Skal - the Bard in the Asylum, but I didn't see anything - that'd be a good place for him to speak up, I think

- finally, when you first get to Hell, Kido approaches CHARNAME & says his line "Who! Nice place here..." (note that it should probably say "Whoa!" instead of "Who!"), but it happens *before* the game tells you "The pain subsides, and you open your eyes to horror beyond imagining.".  After those lines is when the characters usually give their reactions.

Aside from the Wellyn thing, which can cause Kido to permanently vanish, I didn't find anything major - just minor issues.  Nice work!   :)

- Imrahil

View Post

So these are all the errors you found. You are beginning to be a regular post-release bug tester :D Will get on it in version 4, which should be soon. Ariena's Kit is now finished. Tonight last sound recordings. And then I go to work on Kido version 4. Some things I probably know what is wrong, as i.e. the last error is because it is a stand alone reaction instead of a 'reaction' towards the PC, if that is the normal case. I forgot how this is normally. A mistake that surprises me is the double cyric-bhaal speach, for there are specific checks for this and after a certain amount of days the 'have you thought about it' speach should come up. Will check everything and will look at your new post at Ironworks. ;)

Edited by Deathsangel, 13 June 2005 - 12:42 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#24 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

Please help! I browsed this forum and if I missed the answer to this, I'm really sorry. I'm new to Kido and am loving him so far. However, now I'm at Spellhold and as soon as Bodhi leaves you with Immy Kido freezes and I cannot get him to move. His portrait is green around the edges, but he won't move. I cannot control him. Help! What can I do???? :crying:

#25 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:03 AM

That is an unkown problem. My advice is:

Have you perhaps a save from prior the point your soul is stolen away by Irenicus. If so load that one and play again and pause only after you have or have not taken Imoen into your party (and she has walked away if you didn't).

My question is:

Are you sure it is a problem caused by Kido himself? Like is he the only mod installed or do you have some others. Certainly those that mess with Spellhold.

#26 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Deathsangel. I do have other mods installed but have played them all several times with no such problem. Kido is the only new one other than a special merchant in the Docks. But I did figure out a way to get out of my problem. I used crtl-y to kill him, then used the wand of resurrection to restore him and then he was fine. Maybe I just have too many mods now and should be careful before adding any others? BTW I am using several NPC mods, Tsujatha, Edwin, Yasaraena, Kido, and a few others such as dungeon be gone, ease of use, etc. Maybe I just have to cut down a tad! So I guess I cannot now be positive that Kido is the problem. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Minarvia, 07 September 2005 - 01:55 PM.

#27 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:10 AM

But I did figure out a way to get out of my problem.  I used crtl-y to kill him, then used the wand of resurrection to restore him and then he was fine.

View Post

I'm sure he found it an... enervating experience

#28 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

But I did figure out a way to get out of my problem.  I used crtl-y to kill him, then used the wand of resurrection to restore him and then he was fine.

View Post

I'm sure he found it an... enervating experience

View Post

I had another problem in TOB. In Amkethran when you first speak to Balthazaar he only said a few lines and then his dialog was cut short and you wind up with no enclaves on your map. I reloaded and tried again and again. Same result. Then I did the Crtl-y on Kido as a hunch and I got thru the dialog! Then I raised him again.
(Snicker!) I had to kill Kido twice, but you know, that's okay! I loved him and both of his epilogues. They fit in so well with his character.
Thank you for a wonderful character! I look forward to Ariena when she is released. I gather that as of today we'll only have to wait a few more days?
Take care!

#29 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:15 PM

Will be sure to correct this bug Minarvia, for that is definetly a bug and there seem to be more of that category...

#30 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for the attention, Deathsangel! I know you are going thru very tough times. On this one, tho, in my opinion, you don't need to hurry. After all, there is the killing him and raising him work-around, so don't knock yourself out too much. Take care of yourself, first. But know that I, for one, really enjoy Kido and am looking forward to more of your work when you are able to do it. I'll be here, and so will the rest of us, I'm sure!

#31 -Dreamer-

-Dreamer-

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:55 AM

(throne of bhaal expansion) I summoned kido to the pocketplane and took him into my party. then I kicked him out and he just stood there. I cant talk to him anymore. (Kido - has nothing to say to you) I think theres an error in his kick out file somewhere. (says the newbie modder to the modking)

Edited by Dreamer, 01 November 2005 - 01:56 AM.

#32 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

(throne of bhaal expansion) I summoned kido to the pocketplane and took him into my party. then I kicked him out and he just stood there. I cant talk to him anymore. (Kido - has nothing to say to you) I think theres an error in his kick out file somewhere. (says the newbie modder to the modking)

Just checking the forum as I got some free internet time and need a rest... Anyway, I've done this and did not have the same troubles, so that is a bug I cannot duplicate so I wouldn't know why he did that in your game.

@Minarvia. Thinking on what could go wrong I finally got to a good idea. However, to know if I am correct I would like to know if Kido walks at the back of your party. It might be that because Kido uses a lot of "see" actions in order to interact; he might be to far to actually see the person and therefor something goes wrong (though it should actually transcend the interjection then). So, once again, please tell me if Kido is the last line of your party and if you got a formation like a line making him stand pretty far in the back.

Edited by Deathsangel, 05 November 2005 - 05:57 PM.

#33 -Dreamer-

-Dreamer-

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:21 AM

Just checking the forum as I got some free internet time and need a rest... Anyway, I've done this and did not have the same troubles, so that is a bug I cannot duplicate so I wouldn't know why he did that in your game.

oh poopie. <_< its okay. my install is prolly to blame. though Im gonna test if he does that on a fresh install.

#34 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

Deathsangel, if I recall correctly, Kido was in the back of my group or at least close to the back. I used him as a ranged figher or used his song and kept him back. So, you think that was the problem? I'm glad you have a good idea of the problem in case other people run into it. Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been to this forum for a while.
Anyway, GREAT character! :Bow: He's a lot of fun to play and that weapon of his...WOW! Love it!

#35 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:47 AM

Deathsangel, if I recall correctly, Kido was in the back of my group or at least close to the back. I used him as a ranged figher or used his song and kept him back. So, you think that was the problem? I'm glad you have a good idea of the problem in case other people run into it. Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been to this forum for a while.
Anyway, GREAT character! :Bow: He's a lot of fun to play and that weapon of his...WOW! Love it!

Good to hear cause I think I can undo such a problem. There was a similiar mistake in Imnesvale at first. Don't know if you already read here or used the hint in the read-me, but Kido does get even a nice upgrade on his dagger in the upcoming version

#36 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:55 PM

Good to hear cause I think I can undo such a problem. There was a similiar mistake in Imnesvale at first. Don't know if you already read here or used the hint in the read-me, but Kido does get even a nice upgrade on his dagger in the upcoming version
[/quote]

Yep, I read about the weapons upgrade! I can't wait! Usually I like to kill that annoying cleric, but sparing him for a good cause will be worth it. Hmmm...maybe I could kill him later somehow... :P

#37 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

Okay, this is pretty weird and embarrising, but I thought I programmed an interjection between Kido and Tiax, but I may have deleted it. Does anyone know this one? Seen it in game? If so, please send me the Kido.d and Kido.tra files in your Kido folder or of your override folder. Also, react if you know for certain there was no reaction...

#38 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

This is for version 4

When I'm doing Kido's quest, after speaking to the mad cleric at the docks and accepting the quest (well, Kido accepts it) he then has a dialogue asking why we havent went to do it yet. I reply that we'll do it soon and he accepts. I was able to complete the setting up of the temple, but while waiting to be able to upgrade his weapon at the temple, he tells me that If we wont go do it then he will, and leaves the party (as if he was going to do the quest on his own).

Other then this, no problems, and Kido is great (well, except that time I paired him with Korgan...)

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#39 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, Kido tends to do that with several quests, i.e. rumar (not really a quest but okay) and littleman ;)
What happened is strange though. The fault probably lies that for some reason something has gone wrong in the beginning. He should only ask you why you guys haven't started yet after a few in game hours after you received the quest... strange this I didn't have this and wasn't reported by my beta-tester... I really should get more. If more come up with this I really need to look into this and you indeed found a bug.
Yes, Kido is going to go away and is going to go his own way of which you can even hear more of it in game... provided nothing strange happens like what you have now. Now that I think of it, checking if the ilmater cleric is dead can be an easy check to add extra for the script for him to walk out on you because you didn't start the quest.
P.s. Korgan and he can be in one party... just be firm about what you want so to say ;) You gave a wrong opinion somewhere, if you did so then yeah... you have a problem, if not Kido and Korgan will be okay.

Let me know what you did with the Kido quest, do you still have him in party without him having walked out? If you are stuck I can tell you how to fix it so that the game will continue according to plan...

Edited by Deathsangel, 14 May 2006 - 11:45 PM.

#40 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:56 PM

I have a save just before "obtaining" the child for the sacrifice, which is, as you know, after the ilmater cleric is dead. If you need, I do know how to check the global variables and such and can always let you know what they are set at, both before obtaining the sacrifice, after obtaining it, and after Kido has left (before killing the ilmater cleric would require a new game).

I can also always try picking him back up and seeing what he has to say (provided that he's back in the playhouse since there was only the one play, havent checked).

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."