Photo

Bugs for v2.00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#21 AndrewL

AndrewL
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:59 AM

Probably a silly question, but if I've installed Tougher Sendai from Oversight, do I still need to install the stand-alone Detectable Spells from Cirerrek's website?

Thanks

#22 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:19 AM

Probably a silly question, but if I've installed Tougher Sendai from Oversight, do I still need to install the stand-alone Detectable Spells from Cirerrek's website?

Thanks

View Post

No, you don't.

The reason why we aren't including a build is:
1) Scripts will work anyway (I use it only for PFMW, and if DS isn't installed script will work anyway).
2) core DS build is different from BP one. Instead of choosing Kelsey/Oversight/K&Z vs BP, we let the player decide on his own.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#23 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:58 AM

Thx Camdawg for the offer BTW :)

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#24 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:02 AM

Well, after talking with Cireerrek, I need to revise it anyway--Horred and Avenger have devised an updated/expanded version beyond the current DS, so I need to get to the two of them to make sure it's the most recent/updated version.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#25 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:14 AM

If DS is being majorly overhauled, I think I have some notes on what needs improving if possible somewhere.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#26 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:27 AM

You know, what'd be really cool is to have DS included as part of some fix pack that everyone installs so it would be standard for everyone's install. That way this whole mess could be avoided. :P

Edited by Caedwyr, 27 March 2005 - 10:27 AM.

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#27 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

Yeh.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#28 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:39 PM

You know, what'd be really cool is to have DS included as part of some fix pack that everyone installs so it would be standard for everyone's install.  That way this whole mess could be avoided. :P

View Post

Oh, if only such a massive, secret project was in progress and not led by an anal-retentive gibberl--err, ogre!

...wait, what was the topic here again? Sorry TGM, Littiz, the bigg, I'll stop spamming now. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#29 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:56 PM

You know, what'd be really cool is to have DS included as part of some fix pack that everyone installs so it would be standard for everyone's install.  That way this whole mess could be avoided. :P

Oh, if only such a massive, secret project was in progress and not led by an anal-retentive gibberl--err, ogre!

...wait, what was the topic here again? Sorry TGM, Littiz, the bigg, I'll stop spamming now. :)

Sneaky, sneaky gibberling.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#30 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:50 PM

View Post

You said it :) :glare:

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#31 Nerik

Nerik
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:33 AM

There appears to be a bug in the Ranger Endurance HLA: Since installing Refinements v2, when I activate this ability (on Minsc) his maximum hit point value increases continuously, so that after a shot while, he has a maximum hps in the 1,000s, while his current hps have increased less (due to regeneration).

Charles

#32 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:51 AM

Finally, something that is not my fault :)
Now, time to call the other two ;)

#33 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:49 AM

Argh, truly a nasty one :(
See, TWO team members of this team (I'll hide the names :whistling: ) have the habit of NOT testing even once the things they do/modify <_<
I've already fixed three things because of this just this morning -_-
Now, where did I leave my spiked mace the last time? :angry: :P

To partially absolve TGM, the engine is not working properly here... I've been forced to modify Endurance a bit, it now adds a 10% HP bonus.
Thanx Nerik :)
I hope we'll upload a new version soon.

#34 Nerik

Nerik
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

Here's an idea:

Instead of Endurance granting 1d8+5 bonus hit points with a duration of 1700 (which appears to be the problem - it continuously adds 1d8+5 hit points throughout that duration), have it grant +10 hit points permanently, and subtract 10 hit points with a delay of 1700?
I've given this a quick try out, (using CRTL+T to expire the effect) unfortunately, this won't work for random hit point bonuses (you would add a randon amount, then subtract a random amount, that would probably be different). <_<

The other option is the State: Aid[129] opcode, but that has a built in bless and saving throw bonuses as well :(

I hope this is of some use.

Charles

#35 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

See, TWO team members of this team (I'll hide the names  ) have the habit of NOT testing even once the things they do/modify

Oh yeh, still one of them often catches the bugs of the others, including even those of the magnificent Littiz :D .

To partially absolve TGM, the engine is not working properly here... I've been forced to modify Endurance a bit, it now adds a 10% HP bonus.

Hmm.. so you say it is impossible to increase one's HPs by a fixed amount (be it the current value or the maximum) without facing this bug - and I'm not talking about %-s here?
How about LArloch's M. Drain or Vampiric Touch? They both use HP increasing effects with durations applied. The other example would be Aid, but as Nerik pointed out, that one uses a special effect.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#36 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:25 PM

magnificent Littiz

uhm, "magnificent", yeah ^_^

Let me clarify the problem (as I got it):
at first we applied just the fixed +5 bonus.
Such bonus has no problem, it wears away after the time expires (so there's no need for a delayed malus, @Nerik ;)).
Then TGM noticed that we lacked that 1d8 bonus the description spoke about, and added it.
Now, the random bonus gets constantly reapplied with that time setting (weird thing), so we can't use it.

So I say, best of all is the new version that adds 10% HPs :)

Edited by Littiz, 03 April 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#37 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

I get it, but as I asked, how does LMD and VT work? Are they using a different effect to boost the caster's max HP?
Posted Image

#38 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:54 AM

I get it, but as I asked, how does LMD and VT work? Are they using a different effect to boost the caster's max HP?

View Post

I'm pretty sure that they add a fixed amount of HP to the caster. The spell description talks about a random number (direct port from PnP) but I'm pretty sure that the actual BG implementation has used a fixed number in both versions.

Edited by Rathwellin the Bard, 04 April 2005 - 04:54 AM.

#39 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:08 AM

In fact, casting LMT and VT on self will heal you up.

#40 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:49 AM

In fact, casting LMT and VT on self will heal you up.

Yes, I think Galactygon once addressed this problem in the general modding forums.
Posted Image