Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Grojlach

Grojlach
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:34 AM

Okay, here's another one. :) After finishing Ribald's dungeon quest, not one but two Gilians somehow appear (she never joined my party to begin with, btw). One has dialogue options that concern Ribald's 'betrayal', the other one seems feature regular NPC 'who are you and do you like to join?' chatter.

edit: also, upon trying to leave the dungeon entrance area for Trademeet, my game fails to load the Trademeet area and crashes. I've tried this twice, and it happened twice as well, unfortunately. However, when I first travelled to another map (in my case the Witch's hut), and then to Trademeet, my game didn't crash. No idea why, though.

2nd edit: Also, I realize I never got all those riches I was promised after winning the dungeon. Not sure if that's got to do with trying to kill Ribald afterwards, though. ;) Oh, and perhaps you should build in something to make all of the 10 flags disappear from your inventory afterwards, unless there's some function behind them later in the game that I'm not aware of now. :) Though this one's not really all that important, just a nice detail. ;)

3rd edit: What's the deal with this self-exercise spell? It's really overpowered. :blink: And what arbitrates being of too high a level to benefit from this spell? The wild mage I had picked up in Ribald's dungeon couldn't use the spell (XP: 870,000-ish), but Imoen (who is of a higher level) somehow could. In fact, I tried to fiddle around a little just for the heck of it, but Imoen seems to be able to cast these things until she reaches about 1,800,000 XP points (!). Now of course, it's no fun to use a spell to give yourself 30,000 XP each time with practically no negative ramafications, but perhaps you should look into that one as well. ;)

Edited by Grojlach, 02 August 2005 - 12:28 PM.

#42 Grojlach

Grojlach
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

Last thing for today:
Went to Lord Signax's castle and agreed to clean out his tomb. The tomb does show up on the map (in blue nonetheless), but for some reason I can't actually go there - nor directly or through another map. Clicking the area on the world map simply doesn't seem to have any effect, unfortunately.
Did I miss a guide to lead me there, or do you by any chance have an area code so I can teleport to the correct map location? :)

edit: Oh, and NPC Derek showed up twice as well, just like Gilian did earlier on.

edit2: I'm already on my way to Candlekeep now, but after clearing out all of the Yeti caves (these Yetis are quite tough, btw), I was still unable to find the key. Impatient as I was, I used SK to give me the proper key, but was it particularly well hidden (i.e. not in an obvious place, like a chest), or is this some sort of bug?

Edited by Grojlach, 03 August 2005 - 09:54 AM.

#43 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:27 AM

Went to Lord Signax's castle and agreed to clean out his tomb. The tomb does show up on the map (in blue nonetheless), but for some reason I can't actually go there - nor directly or through another map. Clicking the area on the world map simply doesn't seem to have any effect, unfortunately.
Did I miss a guide to lead me there, or do you by any chance have an area code so I can teleport to the correct map location?

signax tells you to speak to the commander in chief and then you can reach the tomb.

edit: Oh, and NPC Derek showed up twice as well, just like Gilian did earlier on.

I think this is not a mod bug. probably it's something that happens to your game. during my latest bg2 experience I found two yoshimo, two tashia and two yasraena. honestly I don't know how I can fix this problem... simply ignore the second one.

edit2: I'm already on my way to Candlekeep now, but after clearing out all of the Yeti caves (these Yetis are quite tough, btw), I was still unable to find the key. Impatient as I was, I used SK to give me the proper key, but was it particularly well hidden (i.e. not in an obvious place, like a chest), or is this some sort of bug?

no bug. just too many yetis.

edit: also, upon trying to leave the dungeon entrance area for Trademeet, my game fails to load the Trademeet area and crashes. I've tried this twice, and it happened twice as well, unfortunately. However, when I first travelled to another map (in my case the Witch's hut), and then to Trademeet, my game didn't crash. No idea why, though.

I'll check. thanks.

2nd edit: Also, I realize I never got all those riches I was promised after winning the dungeon. Not sure if that's got to do with trying to kill Ribald afterwards, though.  Oh, and perhaps you should build in something to make all of the 10 flags disappear from your inventory afterwards, unless there's some function behind them later in the game that I'm not aware of now.  Though this one's not really all that important, just a nice detail.

if you answer "you deceived me and blah blah blah" he escapes because afraid of revenge. otherwise, you have your moneys.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#44 -RTT Fan-

-RTT Fan-

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

My Mage/Thief can hide in shadows, but the enemies (Ankhegs and Armored Beetles) recognize him and attacks. The same with the Invisible Potion.

If it's necessary:
Win XP
SoA (no complete installation)
ToB (complete)
ToB Patch

#45 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:01 AM

My Mage/Thief can hide in shadows, but the enemies (Ankhegs and Armored Beetles) recognize him and attacks. The same with the Invisible Potion.

some kind of enemies can detect invisibility (in rtt: ankhegs, beetles and demon knight), so that's normal.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#46 -RTT Fan-

-RTT Fan-

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:07 AM

I see. But my next problem is a bit... difficult to explain. Let me try.
You know the Dwarfen Quest, right? I have finished it and everything was O.K. I bought some stuff from Sol... can't remember his name but that's not it. After that I reloaded, because i bought something wrong, but my last save was before I was finishing the Quest, so I talked again with the guy and reward and experience was mine... this point everything right... BUT then, no Dwarf was there anywhere. So I cant buy from the blacksmith or talk to the real king of the hill. ^^ I deleated the cache files and restart again... and now I can't load anymore...

PS: I didn't know that Ankhegs are so organized, that they attack in damn big groups... Weren't there around 10 of them attacking in the 3rd lvl? That is imho really to much. In IwD were in this Level the same, but that was an undead organized army...

#47 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:10 AM

I see. But my next problem is a bit... difficult to explain. Let me try.
You know the Dwarfen Quest, right? I have finished it and everything was O.K. I bought some stuff from Sol... can't remember his name but that's not it. After that I reloaded, because i bought something wrong, but my last save was before I was finishing the Quest, so I talked again with the guy and reward and experience was mine... this point everything right... BUT then, no Dwarf was there anywhere. So I cant buy from the blacksmith or talk to the real king of the hill. ^^ I deleated the cache files and restart again... and now I can't load anymore...

well... there is just one "option" to say Queldish is dead, so it should work a second time too. try to load the auto-save. you'll have to kill again some duergars but it could solve your problem.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#48 -RTT Fan-

-RTT Fan-

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:58 PM

No chance... every Save was in some way unloadable O.o It stops at the half and goes back to Windows... I will re-install RTT...

#49 -marlo-

-marlo-

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:30 AM

Help me! I am in Ust Natha, killing the matron mothers for the elves, and Matron Ara will not die! She is at "near death" and no matter how much damage I do, she is still there, alive! What should I do? :huh:

#50 -marlo-

-marlo-

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

Now if I load my saved game, she dies, but nothing happens to teleport me back out. Is there something else I need to do? :blink:

#51 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:49 AM

oh gosh... matron ara should start a dialog. i've really no idea why she does nothing or why she dies.

i'll try to find this bug, meanwhile:

CLUAConsole: MoveToArea("md4620")

i'm sorry... :(

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#52 --Uriel--

--Uriel--

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:21 AM

Hi all,
i have meet some strange things during the game, some are bugs and some others are not, but anyway i write them here.
Only one thing: i modify my initial character (Jeliel, female barbarian) with Shadow Keeper: i give her the +6 halberd (destroyer +6, i think it is called in english) and the white dragon scale mail (that are parts of the equipment she had at the end of the original saga), then i give the Gesen's Shortbow and the +5 elven chainmail to Imoen and push the two character to 14° level. It was just a kind of workaround to solve the character-import missing that stops me to use my Baldur's Gate original character, considered that any adventurer even if retired, loves to keep the weapons he used to combat with...
Anyway problems aren't related to this change, but some are born from things i use.

- after i've installed RTT, all my old save game were deleted, so i lost my saved character. I rebuild it with ShadowKeeper almost equal, because of i am affectionate to him since Baldur's Gate, but it isn't the same thing.
Is it possible to import it from a character-file previously saved? In that way problem can be walkarounded, but now i haven't got any BG2-ToB saved game to test with...

- Restart as a 9 level character is sad, for me, specially when you killed Melissan near 40 level. I understand that in gdr you can lost some level if you sleep for a year, but not so many! I noticed that the level is the same of BG2 start: is this the cause? Anyway: if you can give to party some experience during the first dialogue with the celestial at the beginning, all can be solved. Is it possible? I can tell you that i found the game quite difficult even if i started at level 14...

- My character is a female, but every one refer to her as if she is a male. Can be fixed?

- death finger spell (imoen is the caster) works as usual, but the soul animation appears even if monster win the saving throw. This thing appears surely with Yetis, but often with other monster too.
Similar problem with the vorpal properties of the halberd: vorpal hit, soul animation, but no monster's death.

- How can i kill the Flesh Eater Zombies (Zombie Mangia Carne)? I can see that no normal weapon, no magical weapon, no critical hits and no spells can damage them, i can kill them only with the vorpal properties of the halberd. i think isn't normal. I didn't try to use the clerics abilities to banish undead, simple because i hadn't got a cleric in the party in that time.

- I save Alenina from the kidnapper, but after the dialogue that starts when i enter in the house, if i try to speak with Alenina, she has nothing to tell me, and if i return in the tavern in Trademeet, i can't tell to the innkeeper that i set her free. So i can't complete the quest, and Alenina can't join the party. Very sad.

- At the end of the ribald's dungeon, i found 2 Gilian too. Same problem already descripted previously. To return to Trademeet i went first to the castle and then from there to trademeet.

- the "death spell" spell (incantesimo di morte, in italian) can't work. It should kill any summoned creature, and sould damage any 8 level or less character, but everything it does is the spell sound, the casting animation, the launch animation, and then nothing. It can't kills summoned creatures, it can't damages any one, it simple can't works. Only one time i can see the soul animation on a couple of Yeti on the streets to Candlekeep, but they didn't fail the saving throw...

ok, for now i found this, i i found other "problems" i will add them in this forum!
Nice works, until now, i hope that you can fix them!

Uriel

#53 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

Hi Uriel,

I think this "Bug Report Thread" is enough, so I deleted the other topic.

well... let's start!

Only one thing: i modify my initial character (Jeliel, female barbarian) with Shadow Keeper: i give her the +6 halberd (destroyer +6, i think it is called in english) and the white dragon scale mail (that are parts of the equipment she had at the end of the original saga), then i give the Gesen's Shortbow and the +5 elven chainmail to Imoen and push the two character to 14° level. It was just a kind of workaround to solve the character-import missing that stops me to use my Baldur's Gate original character, considered that any adventurer even if retired, loves to keep the weapons he used to combat with...
Anyway problems aren't related to this change, but some are born from things i use.

- after i've installed RTT, all my old save game were deleted, so i lost my saved character. I rebuild it with ShadowKeeper almost equal, because of i am affectionate to him since Baldur's Gate, but it isn't the same thing.
Is it possible to import it from a character-file previously saved? In that way problem can be walkarounded, but now i haven't got any BG2-ToB saved game to test with...

your old save were not deleted. you can find them in the back up folder "origbckup\save\"

- Restart as a 9 level character is sad, for me, specially when you killed Melissan near 40 level. I understand that in gdr you can lost some level if you sleep for a year, but not so many! I noticed that the level is the same of BG2 start: is this the cause? Anyway: if you can give to party some experience during the first dialogue with the celestial at the beginning, all can be solved. Is it possible? I can tell you that i found the game quite difficult even if i started at level 14...

you're right, I noticed it is very sad. in fact, you will start as a 2.500.000 xp character when the new version will be released. be patient. :)

- My character is a female, but every one refer to her as if she is a male. Can be fixed?

i think rtt is the unique mod that was translated into and not from english. the translation created this annoying problem, but I reckon to fix it in a future version.

- death finger spell (imoen is the caster) works as usual, but the soul animation appears even if monster win the saving throw. This thing appears surely with Yetis, but often with other monster too.
Similar problem with the vorpal properties of the halberd: vorpal hit, soul animation, but no monster's death

I did not edit death finger spell, so i have no idea. however, thank you for report, i'll investigate.

- How can i kill the Flesh Eater Zombies (Zombie Mangia Carne)? I can see that no normal weapon, no magical weapon, no critical hits and no spells can damage them, i can kill them only with the vorpal properties of the halberd. i think isn't normal. I didn't try to use the clerics abilities to banish undead, simple because i hadn't got a cleric in the party in that time.

please, be patient. I "killed" that creature in the next version. :)

- I save Alenina from the kidnapper, but after the dialogue that starts when i enter in the house, if i try to speak with Alenina, she has nothing to tell me, and if i return in the tavern in Trademeet, i can't tell to the innkeeper that i set her free. So i can't complete the quest, and Alenina can't join the party. Very sad.

- At the end of the ribald's dungeon, i found 2 Gilian too. Same problem already descripted previously. To return to Trademeet i went first to the castle and then from there to trademeet.

i'll check, thanks.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#54 -Skodmunk-

-Skodmunk-

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

I've just completed the quest to rescue the bard but the guide doesn't respawn to take me back to trademeet Is it safe for me to use the console to teleport back?

I'm really sorry for my bad english (my trusted proofreaders know it :) ) but I'm unsure of the meaning of *respawn*.

If you don't find the guide... look for him, he is at south-east.

If you speak to him and you can't choose to return to trademeet uhm... well I really don't think this is your case because noone write me about this big bug in the last year.

however you can use the console to teleport back. you lose nothing of the quest.

Guide doesnt spawn for me either... his not on the map.
from Trademeet I choose the talk option, where I threatent him ( didnt give him any gold)

#55 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:40 AM

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i am italian! so this means that my female character is threaten as a male in italian version too.

Uriel

#56 Skodmunk

Skodmunk
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:39 AM

yup got the same one, its the number 4 awnser that is bugged (the one that gives +1 reputation)
the awnser that gives -1 reputation works, so ill take that on for now <_<

also on a sidenote: Mechanical plate mail + Samurai = 8 attacks per round = imba :P

#57 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:40 AM

Guide doesnt spawn for me either... his not on the map.
from Trademeet I choose the talk option, where I threatent him ( didnt give him any gold)

just fixed, even if I do not see why it didn't work.

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i am italian! so this means that my female character is threaten as a male in italian version too.

my answer doesn't change. the english version needs the same work too.

yup got the same one, its the number 4 awnser that is bugged (the one that gives +1 reputation)
the awnser that gives -1 reputation works, so ill take that on for now

fixed (some months ago, that's why I forget it). it was a bad interjection

also on a sidenote: Mechanical plate mail + Samurai = 8 attacks per round = imba

wow! not fixed yet :P

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#58 iguana-on-a-stick

iguana-on-a-stick
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

Elessime has a mixed up dialogue... both the italian and the English text is displayed, the one after the other.

It's the final dialogue in which she rewards you. "I know you do not care for gold, but hopefully these magic items taken from the matron mothers will prove useful." (or something like that.)

On a side note, I'd have liked a dialogue option to refuse to go on Elessime's later suicide missions... I could refuse the initial request for aid, which is good, but when the queen sent me to attack the matron mothers I sure would have appreciated the option to tell her to solve her own damn problems for once... I was completely out of spells and abilities after fighting all those mindflayer things. It's also weird that even a lawful good character is forced to make a false promise to the Drow to get the brain thing back...

Anyway, another bug: some monsters aren't affected by some spells when to all appearances they should be. For example, when I cast Emotion on the Yetis some fail their saves and start glowing yellow, but they do not fall over. Chaos doesn't seem to have much effect either. The deathspell bug Uriel reported may be linked to this... when I cast it on Yetis the death graphic does appear but the monsters do not die. (maybe they simply have too many hitdice in this case, but even then the graphic shouldn't appear.) The Greater Snow Trolls have the same weird immunity to these spells.

Finally, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of hard-coded issue, my sorcerer can't pick any of the new spells from RTT when he goes up a level. Nor do all clerics get all the new spells, they only get some of them. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

#59 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:54 AM

Elessime has a mixed up dialogue... both the italian and the English text is displayed, the one after the other.

thanks.

On a side note, I'd have liked a dialogue option to refuse to go on Elessime's later suicide missions... I could refuse the initial request for aid, which is good, but when the queen sent me to attack the matron mothers I sure would have appreciated the option to tell her to solve her own damn problems for once... I was completely out of spells and abilities after fighting all those mindflayer things. It's also weird that even a lawful good character is forced to make a false promise to the Drow to get the brain thing back...

in the new version you can leave before "the suicide mission" too. :)

Finally, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of hard-coded issue, my sorcerer can't pick any of the new spells from RTT when he goes up a level. Nor do all clerics get all the new spells, they only get some of them. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

I hate sorcerers, so I forgot this class. :) however i'll add a script to let you to add rtt spells. thanks for the report.

Edited by al17, 16 February 2006 - 02:59 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#60 -Gir Draxon-

-Gir Draxon-

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:19 AM

I've got one for you: I tried to start the Druid tree quest, and when I went to see the Lord, he said nothing, and then suddenly none of my characters can initiate dialog (they don't have permission). I did set the multiplayer permissions to full for every player. Now every time I load the game the same thing happens to everyone, even in other areas....