Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 -BM-

-BM-

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:10 AM

Interesting ,all the ring does for me is haste...

Anyway's I think I found a bigger bug for squishing. I just got the Lord Sigvax's Tomb quest after agreeing to help him if he saves the tree. I did talk to the war chief and my chars drank the turn into orc potions. Now when I try to go to the Tomb ,no matter how many times I click on it on the world map, nothing happens. I can still go everywhere else do, and none sees me as an orc.

#22 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

that's not a bug...

the war chief told you that now you look like an ogre for everyone and so the only area you can reach is lord signax tomb.

speak again to him and say you want to return to look like you really are, then you can travel everywhere again.

uhm... maybe you could create an account... why not? :)

Edited by al17, 22 May 2005 - 01:22 PM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

that's not a bug...

the war chief told you that now you look like an ogre for everyone and so the only area you can reach is lord signax tomb.

speak again to him and say you want to return to look like you really are, then you can travel everywhere again.

View Post

Sorry, I missworded my post. What I mean't is that I can go everywhere else BUT the tomb. So I can go to Trademeet for example even do I am suposed to look like an orc (which none there notices). When I try to click to go to the tomb, nothing happens..

And yea, meaby I'll make an account, kind of lazy do... -_-

#24 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:21 AM

that's not a bug...

View Post

Sorry, I missworded my post. What I mean't is that I can go everywhere else BUT the tomb. So I can go to Trademeet for example even do I am suposed to look like an orc (which none there notices). When I try to click to go to the tomb, nothing happens..

View Post

if you look like an ogre you can reach just the tomb. if you don't look like an ogre you can go where you want (except the tomb).

to look like an ogre and to stop to look like an ogre you have to speak to the war chief.

I hope this time it's clear :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#25 -BM-

-BM-

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:29 AM

that's not a bug...

View Post

View Post

if you look like an ogre you can reach just the tomb. if you don't look like an ogre you can go where you want (except the tomb).

to look like an ogre and to stop to look like an ogre you have to speak to the war chief.

I hope this time it's clear :)

View Post

I know that. But I can't go to the tomb even do I look like an orc. It just won't work. So to be more clear, I look like an orc and I still can't go to the tomb... :)

#26 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

I know that. But I can't go to the tomb even do I look like an orc. It just won't work. So to be more clear, I look like an orc and I still can't go to the tomb...

well.. now I see. Thank you for the report, I'll fix this bug immediately. :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#27 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

you are right... it's a bug. there are two doors in the keep to exit and the right one is bugged. if you use the left one you can reach the tomb.

sorry for the inconvenience :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#28 -BM-

-BM-

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:40 PM

Cool, thanks it works now. :) Glad to be able to get on with the game.

I think I found some more do:

1.) "Belt of Giant's Endurance" that you can buy from the dwarf in the mountains is cursed. Not sure if that's a bug. The belt sets constitution to 19.

2.) "Helmet of Protection" that you can buy from one of the merchants in Trademeet. It says that it requires 14 constitution to be used, but when someone puts it on, it actualy reduces their constitution to 14. Translation problem?

#29 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:23 AM

I really they are translation mistakes... it was so for the ring of element and the ring of mephit.

however I'll verify it, thank you :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#30 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

In Limbo, toward the end of the chat with the Fallen Solar, he/she/it says:

"I'm happy you have understood so quickly!"

After that, the PC has no dialog choice. I thought my game froze because I didn't see a dialog option, nor did I see the "End Dialog" or "Continue" button at the bottom on the dialog window. Out of panic, I started clicking all over the screen, and eventually the dialog continued with:

<my character's name>-

Fallen Solar- About your companions, they were teleported here because they were near you. It's not so simple to remove a mortal from this place! However, should you complete the test, they will return to your world with you.

So, it looks like all that needs to be done is insert a dialog option before the Fallen Solar's last comment. As it stands now, a dialog option is missing. :(

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#31 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:01 AM

After that, the PC has no dialog choice. I thought my game froze because I didn't see a dialog option, nor did I see the "End Dialog" or "Continue" button at the bottom on the dialog window. Out of panic, I started clicking all over the screen, and eventually the dialog continued with:

you are right, probably is an interjection bug. it'll be fixed in the next version. thank you for the report :)

I was very surprised to read no new bug report for 3 weeks. maybe this means rtt is "quite" bug free :P

Edited by al17, 15 June 2005 - 03:01 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#32 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:12 PM

I was very surprised to read no new bug report for 3 weeks. maybe this means rtt is "quite" bug free :P

View Post

Or people haven't had the time to play it/haven't gotten that far in the mod yet. Recently, I've had some extra free time on my hands, so I settled in to RTT. ^_^

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#33 -Gir Draxon-

-Gir Draxon-

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:56 PM

Bug: Trolls just die rather than get knocked down (requiring fire/acid to permanently kill them).

#34 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

Have installed Tactics perhaps? it has a similar component now.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#35 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:51 AM

Or people haven't had the time to play it/haven't gotten that far in the mod yet. Recently, I've had some extra free time on my hands, so I settled in to RTT.

even if I can't see you when you play, usually I received at least two bug reports every weeks before the english versione (before version 1.3, the latest one).

in fact, since the first version up to now, I fixed + 100 bugs :P

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#36 cheeseberries

cheeseberries
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:11 AM

My install is SoA+ToB+patch26498+RTT kitpack

Messiah characters have a bad stutter. For example, if you tell the PC to walk across the room he only takes two steps. If you have the messiah open a chest, the chest opens then immediately closes a half second later. The bug is messiah specific, the rest of the party(Imoen,jaheira,minsc) are unaffected.

I tried some other classes (elf paladin, amazon, ninja) to see if they worked, and other classes all worked normally.

#37 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

maybe the guilty is its script. try to disable the AI.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#38 -Grojlach-

-Grojlach-

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:14 AM

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a bug or not, but in the Lurraxol kidnapping quest, merely chasing him away does spawn the mention of her tight ropes, but not the 'Can I know the name of my savior now?' dialogue - she just keeps standing around, 'having nothing to say to you'. Not sure if this was intended or not.

#39 Grojlach

Grojlach
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:25 AM

Out of curiosity, why would my reputation increase with two points for giving a rabbit to the giant in the map preceding the hiding place? Or increase with 1 point for that matter for bribing a servant to give you someone else's diary? Are reputation changes supposed to replace experience rewards or something? :)

edit: Oh, and a quick balancing issue. Going by the spoiler the solar gave you, I decided to do the Duergar quest first. I have a party of five right now (none of which have gained any levels as of yet), but don't you think having to fight 8-12 Ankheg at the same time is a bit overkill? They're not difficult to kill, but at relatively low level, their non-melee attacks hit pretty hard (as in, they almost always reach their target, and only a couple of them are enough to finish off the party member - which could decimate your party in mere seconds). Sure, you could always try to lure one of them away at a time, but a) I'm not sure if that's realistic gameplay and b ) considering there's about 60 of them on one of the levels I've encountered, it's gonna be a very long day to deal with all of them. Is the number of Ankhegs spawned linked to total party XP value, or will you always encounter this many? Game difficulty is set to normal. And from a story-wise perspective, do Duergar have the ability to train these Ankhegs as watch dogs? Else I don't see how Duergar can even move around in this area without practically being killed instantly.
Perhaps I'm just the worst BG player ever, though. :D

Edited by Grojlach, 02 August 2005 - 08:45 AM.

#40 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

Out of curiosity, why would my reputation increase with two points for giving a rabbit to the giant in the map preceding the hiding place? Or increase with 1 point for that matter for bribing a servant to give you someone else's diary? Are reputation changes supposed to replace experience rewards or something?

because I tiped 2 instead of 1 :D

there are just few points in which your reputation increase or decrease to 2... when you do something really really good or someting really really bad :devil:

edit: Oh, and a quick balancing issue. Going by the spoiler the solar gave you, I decided to do the Duergar quest first. I have a party of five right now (none of ...Else I don't see how Duergar can even move around in this area without practically being killed instantly.
Perhaps I'm just the worst BG player ever, though

that's the reason I'm working on a new and more balanced version (see the pinned topic)

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a bug or not, but in the Lurraxol kidnapping quest, merely chasing him away does spawn the mention of her tight ropes, but not the 'Can I know the name of my savior now?' dialogue - she just keeps standing around, 'having nothing to say to you'. Not sure if this was intended or not.

interjection bug, already fixed in the new version, however thanks

rtt14ban5bv.jpg