New version

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

Do you plan to make a new release of RTT before the end of the year (2006)?

I keep my promise. :) ;)

Return To Trademeet version 1.5 is here! (12/15/2006)

Changes, additions and bugs version 1.5 (no spoiler)

46 items to replace the old ones of SoA and ToB
New icons for all the new items (about 120)
Samuel is the only ?common? merchant in Trademeet and Kristian?s goods have their own price now
A few annoying NPC bugs fixed

the TODO list of the next version (1.6): Done! 05-31-07

Changes, additions and bugs version 1.6 (no spoiler)

A renewal for kits: new ones, new abilities, new bonuses and restrictions
Removed many priest and wizard spells replaced by new versions
Derek and Gilian can coexist in the same party now
Alenina, Ararin, Bolfain, Derek and Gilian have new classes or kits
Fixed an annoying bug that made the game crash when you were trying to equip certain weapons
Samuel's buy and sell prices are fixed
Alenina's quest won't stop if you kill the one who you promised not to kill
A new way to disable and restore the sound track
Fixed a couple of lesser bugs

Download: http://www.shsforums...t=0#entry277537

Edited by al17, 31 May 2007 - 02:31 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#2 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:56 AM

At the end of July I'll release a new and improved version of Return To Trademeet. I know rtt has some lack, mainly because I had not the time yet to fix them. This is a list of the improvements I'm working on:

- NPC (new banters, interjections, quests and maybe one romance): 50%

Sounds very good. I'd suggest two new romances: One for male PC's and one for female PC's. :) And perhaps several LoveTalks for Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira and Anomen.

- Lowering of Difficulty (starting exp, npc level, enemies resistence): 80%

I agree. I was spending a lot of time hacking and slashing the enemies, and they were much harder than in BG2. It could be that my level was too low, however.

#3 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:11 AM

almost finished :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#4 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

"Lowering of Difficulty (starting exp, npc level, enemies resistence): Done!"

Will be optional? I hope so. Raw BG2 AI is faaaaaaaaaar from perfect and their enemies are nothing for a veteran (or strong, if you prefer) tactical player like me. I NEVER play BG2 without the AI and stats enchanment/boost of tactics, improve battles or BP.

I think making this as a "fix" instead like an common optional weidu component, is mainly a recession, not an improvement.
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#5 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:08 AM

"Lowering of Difficulty (starting exp, npc level, enemies resistence): Done!"

Will be optional? I hope so. Raw BG2 AI is faaaaaaaaaar from perfect and their enemies are nothing for a veteran (or strong, if you prefer) tactical player like me. I NEVER play BG2 without the AI and stats enchanment/boost of tactics, improve battles or BP.

I think making this as a "fix" instead like an common optional weidu component, is mainly a recession, not an improvement.

View Post

Good point, actually. I myself do not like the BG2 battles all that much, but of course there are the tactical generals who excel at it. Good idea, then, to make it an optional component. (Install Lower difficulty for battles? Yes, No, Quit. ;) )

#6 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:14 PM

rtt isn't a weidu mod (why rtt isn't weidu? see dragonlance tc), so there is no optional component. however with "Lowering of Difficulty" I mean less stupid enemies those run to you with a great axe and more tactical battles and traps.

I assure you battles will be funnier. :)

Edited by al17, 11 July 2005 - 04:15 PM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#7 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:53 PM

Oh. Hells I didn't know that. Well, a smarter AI would be welcome, aye.

#8 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

change of plan!

the very first only italian 1.4 version is postponed to let the very first english 1.4 version to be released before. (Yep, rtt is first in italian and after in english)

Instead of:

Italian Version: end of july English version: end of september

Italian and English Version: end of august

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#9 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:24 AM

Sounds fair. :Poke:

#10 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:52 AM

"however with "Lowering of Difficulty" I mean less stupid enemies those run to you with a great axe and more tactical battles and traps."

Great :) , then i congratulate and encourage you to keep up the good work. You have all my grattitude for your efforts and struggles.
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#11 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:00 AM

other suggestions?

Warning: Mild spoilers in this post

Al17,

I firstly just want to congratulate you on a super effort. I downloaded the game (English language) only a couple of days ago, and am having a great time with it - well done! :)

So far I've done the 'Claire' quest and the 'Dwarf' quest only, so I'm only part of the way through the mod. The party is; PC Totemic Druid, Jaheira, Imoen, and recently Bolfain.

As per your request for suggestions and so forth;

(Please note that I have tended to avoid some discussion threads in this forum for fear of spoiling myself. As such, please excuse any comments here that may have been already addressed by other people elsewhere.)

I'm not sure if this has been picked up in other bug reports, but the merchants of Trademeet at the start have some items for sale that are not lining up well with kit restrictions. My Totemic Druid can wear the Mechanical Plate, which I'm not sure that he should. Neither he nor Jaheira can wear the Gloves of Missile Snaring. Imoen can't wear the Theif's Armor available for purchase. Imoen can wield the Druidic Blade.

I think that this may have been addressed by other forum comments, but there does seem to be a 'dungeon crawl' feel about the game at times, with a sameness about the enemies confronted. Although it's quite logical to see one area inhabited by the same few creature types, introducing further variety would benefit the mod as the player might be forced to use different tactics.

In my experience to date, the game needs more creatures that attack with magical enchantment. I have been able to effortlessly defeat large groups of creatures due to their incapacity to inflict damage as they do not attack with magical enchantment.

I think that if you're closing off dungeon areas, as is the case with the Wyvern Pit and the Dwarf Mountain, there should be some treasures that will help the party. Scattered bundles of missiles (arrows, bolts, bullets {not an issue with Dwarf Mountain, but it was in the pit}, darts, throwing axes) would be handy for the first-time player. A few (without overdoing it) antidotes or Protection from Poison scrolls would be a useful treasure in dungeons where there are large packs of enemies with poisoned attacks. Admittedly it might not be particularly logical, but it would be helpful. (In my party, everyone had access to 'Slow Poison', so this wasn't much of an issue - but other parties might struggle with the poison thing).

I did have quite some trouble getting a 'wandering-monster-free' rest. Often having used the bulk of my spells in dungeon-clearing fights, I would typically have my rest inturrupted once or occasionally twice, leaving my party very vulnerable towards the end. If you can tone down the chance of getting these fights, it would be nice, but if this is hard-coded, then please disregard this comment.

A couple of other minor thoughts: (1.) I'm not sure why the map of Trademeet is mostly in 'fog-of-war' mode at the start - is it possible to expose this map? (2.) Imoen's weapon proficiencies have changed from 'standard' BG2. It was not until I was stuck in a dungeon did I realise that she was equipped entirely with weapons that she wasn't proficient in. It may be worthwhile noting this in the mod's manual.

Once again - thank you for your efforts with this mod. Most enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to getting further into it! :clap:

Edited by Cam_H, 07 August 2005 - 12:03 AM.

#12 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:27 AM

I'm not sure if this has been picked up in other bug reports, but the merchants of Trademeet at the start have some items for sale that are not lining up well with kit restrictions. My Totemic Druid can wear the Mechanical Plate, which I'm not sure that he should. Neither he nor Jaheira can wear the Gloves of Missile Snaring. Imoen can't wear the Theif's Armor available for purchase. Imoen can wield the Druidic Blade.

the mechanical plate is buggy, the other ones are ok. the druidic blade isn't just for druids (even if it grants them particular bonus) and the thief's armor is for not-good creature" (maybe an oversight in translation? I'll check).

In my experience to date, the game needs more creatures that attack with magical enchantment. I have been able to effortlessly defeat large groups of creatures due to their incapacity to inflict damage as they do not attack with magical enchantment.

i'm working on it :)

I think that if you're closing off dungeon areas, as is the case with the Wyvern Pit and the Dwarf Mountain, there should be some treasures that will help the party. Scattered bundles of missiles (arrows, bolts, bullets {not an issue with Dwarf Mountain, but it was in the pit}, darts, throwing axes) would be handy for the first-time player. A few (without overdoing it) antidotes or Protection from Poison scrolls would be a useful treasure in dungeons where there are large packs of enemies with poisoned attacks. Admittedly it might not be particularly logical, but it would be helpful. (In my party, everyone had access to 'Slow Poison', so this wasn't much of an issue - but other parties might struggle with the poison thing).

well... the fact is that it's not logical. I dislike when you find healing potions, for example, in a wolves den. I try to limit the items to weapons, armour or boot, maybe dropped by a previous adventurer.

I did have quite some trouble getting a 'wandering-monster-free' rest. Often having used the bulk of my spells in dungeon-clearing fights, I would typically have my rest inturrupted once or occasionally twice, leaving my party very vulnerable towards the end. If you can tone down the chance of getting these fights, it would be nice, but if this is hard-coded, then please disregard this comment.

that's quite strange... theoretically you should be waked up by monsters one yes and two no. I'll check.

A couple of other minor thoughts: (1.) I'm not sure why the map of Trademeet is mostly in 'fog-of-war' mode at the start - is it possible to expose this map? (2.) Imoen's weapon proficiencies have changed from 'standard' BG2. It was not until I was stuck in a dungeon did I realise that she was equipped entirely with weapons that she wasn't proficient in. It may be worthwhile noting this in the mod's manual.

in the next version the map will be already explored. ops... about Imoen you're right. I'll fix it.

thanks to you for your suggestions :)

Edited by al17, 07 August 2005 - 03:28 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#13 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:09 AM

Al17,

Thanks for the speedy reply, and glad some of my comments are of value. :blush:

On the question of creatures that attack with magical enhancement and ...

"i'm working on it :) "

... it's difficult for me to offer specific suggestions in light of the fact that you are already addressing this. I wouldn't aim to make the battles more difficult (Lord knows, some are tough enough), but I would consider mixing in some creatures with magical enhanced attacks in amongst some that don't have this attribute.

To illustrate, rather than the party running into a dozen armored beetle thingies, maybe instead four armored beetle thingies plus a Lesser Shambling Mound* with its magically enhanced attacks might lend better balance.

(* - new creature as a suggestion only)

On the question of dungeon treasures and ....

"well... the fact is that it's not logical. I dislike when you find healing potions, for example, in a wolves den. I try to limit the items to weapons, armour or boot, maybe dropped by a previous adventurer."

I can think of several instances in 'standard' BG2 where the player is almost handed an easy way of killing quite difficult enemies through having quite anti-creature-specific items hanging conveniently around in 'say' an illithid lair or a vampire crypt.

I agree with your point that some treasures can be too helpful and out of place. The designers, by trying to give the players a fighting chance, seem to have overcompensated.

I was thinking that in RTT 1.3, with the Wyvern Pit (which you're changing anyway, but nonetheless ...) the Shadow Thieves are seen escaping into the pit with their hostage, and well ... you know better than I what happens to them. I'm sure there was some usable equipment that they were hauling around that might be helpful without being either too illogical or too 'pendulum swinging' in the player's favour. I don't think that at every turn you need to find a +12 Hackmaster, but in my own experience, I ran out of ammo less than half-way through the dungeon, and frankly 120 or so arrows would have been appreciated (120 Arrows of Biting plus the Tuigan Bow would have been even more appreciated, but I guess you can't ask for everything!) ;)

Once again - great work. :D

Edited by Cam_H, 08 August 2005 - 01:16 AM.

#14 -Jonis-

-Jonis-

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:57 AM

so, the new version is supposedly out before the new year, eh?
Will you have to restart your game, or can you just install it and continue?

#15 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:21 AM

it will be out before the next year.

a new game is recommended

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:01 AM

it will be out before the next year.

The end of year is ... near :P

Of course i'm joking :cheers:

Al, if you need some help from an italian friend, just drop me a line. I'm actually testing BGT-Weidu + mods, but after that i could be ready to help you may be with some translation too? (if i had more time i would tried also to be a modder (may be we could work together), but it is too time consuming actually ;-)

Ciao !

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#17 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:53 PM

The end of year is ... near

yeah, yeah... I know it. :) however uni ends this week and I've just an exam in february, so there'll be no lack of free time.

Al, if you need some help from an italian friend, just drop me a line. I'm actually testing BGT-Weidu + mods, but after that i could be ready to help you may be with some translation too? (if i had more time i would tried also to be a modder (may be we could work together), but it is too time consuming actually ;-)

thank you, but just few pages are not translated, i can do those by myself.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#18 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

al,

Not wishing to sound impatient, but do you have a likely release date in mind? I really enjoyed Version 1.3.1., and am keen to play the new and improved version (when you're satisfied with it, of course).

#19 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:09 AM

I found I'm absolutely no good at date. :)

joking aside, the new version is ready but I was unlucky; in two weeks I lose three proofreaders out of four. when the new strings are checked I'll upload the file.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#20 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

I found I'm absolutely no good at date. :)

joking aside, the new version is ready but I was unlucky; in two weeks I lose three proofreaders out of four. when the new strings are checked I'll upload the file.

Those are great news !!!! (not the lose of proofreaders of course :lol: )

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn