Photo

Bug Report - BGT-WeiDU v0.99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
218 replies to this topic

#41 Calantyr

Calantyr
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:40 AM

Playing it on a mates computer because it won't install on my win98 machine...

Minc's dialogue is messed up when you first meet him. Your only option of speaking to him is UNKNOWN STRING WANTED.
Only way to get him in your party is to find Dyanheir (sp?) and have her in your party THEN talk to him afterwards.

Also after you have cleansed the Iron Throne tower in BG, Duke Eltan gives you a book and sends you to Candlekeep. Problem is the guard there doesn't recognise it and so he will never let you into Candlekeep, not allowing the game to progress.
Anyone know the area code of inside Candlekeep so I can finish my game before a fix comes out? :)

#42 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:37 AM

Playing it on a mates computer because it won't install on my win98 machine...

Minc's dialogue is messed up when you first meet him. Your only option of speaking to him is UNKNOWN STRING WANTED.
Only way to get him in your party is to find Dyanheir (sp?) and have her in your party THEN talk to him afterwards.

Also after you have cleansed the Iron Throne tower in BG, Duke Eltan gives you a book and sends you to Candlekeep. Problem is the guard there doesn't recognise it and so he will never let you into Candlekeep, not allowing the game to progress.
Anyone know the area code of inside Candlekeep so I can finish my game before a fix comes out? :)

View Post

Typo in ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER caused the first one. Fixed.

Candlekeep is AR6526, then you can Ctrl+J into the keep. But this can screw up your game. Go to CLUAConsole, and first type in CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL"). If it is SIX (6) then type CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) and talk to the watcher again. Make a backup of your save game first. If it is already SEVEN (7) then you can Ctrl+J safely. Found the source of the error, thanks and fixed.

Edited by Ascension64, 07 July 2005 - 02:43 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#43 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:01 AM

Just starting off but I found something in the candlekeep area. Unfortunately I don't have the specific information with me. There are two guys who are there to train you in the basics of fighting. One of them has a bow and shoots at you, I think his name is Erik. Anyway, after you talk to them and you have hit them once or twice they are supposed to disappear. In my game they just stayed there until I chunked them with no rep loss.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#44 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:58 AM

Just starting off but I found something in the candlekeep area.  Unfortunately I don't have the specific information with me.  There are two guys who are there to train you in the basics of fighting.  One of them has a bow and shoots at you, I think his name is Erik.  Anyway, after you talk to them and you have hit them once or twice they are supposed to disappear.  In my game they just stayed there until I chunked them with no rep loss.

View Post

Well, that shouldn't happen. But if the scripting at the end of the dialogue stuffed up, then it could happen. Have you tried starting another new game and trying it again?

Edited by Ascension64, 07 July 2005 - 08:04 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#45 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:16 PM

Just starting off but I found something in the candlekeep area.  Unfortunately I don't have the specific information with me.  There are two guys who are there to train you in the basics of fighting.  One of them has a bow and shoots at you, I think his name is Erik.  Anyway, after you talk to them and you have hit them once or twice they are supposed to disappear.  In my game they just stayed there until I chunked them with no rep loss.

View Post

Well, that shouldn't happen. But if the scripting at the end of the dialogue stuffed up, then it could happen. Have you tried starting another new game and trying it again?

View Post

It worked well for me. However, when I tried it without Force Dialog Pause=1 I did get this sort of error (not sure if it was reloading or the FDP that stopped it). Just to verify, you do have that, right amzinggameguru?

#46 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

It worked well for me.  However, when I tried it without Force Dialog Pause=1 I did get this sort of error (not sure if it was reloading or the FDP that stopped it).  Just to verify, you do have that, right amzinggameguru?

View Post

That must be it.... I didn't add the Force Dialog Pause to my .ini
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#47 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:49 PM

It worked well for me.  However, when I tried it without Force Dialog Pause=1 I did get this sort of error (not sure if it was reloading or the FDP that stopped it).  Just to verify, you do have that, right amzinggameguru?

View Post

That must be it.... I didn't add the Force Dialog Pause to my .ini

View Post

Noted in readme. Thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder

#48 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:33 AM

I have just done basic install and BGT Wiedu.
Found two things
1) Wizdary Ring (the one that doubles first level spells) missing at FAI --- RingA0...when added to override it works fine but description is wrong.
2) Talked to Bob Snikt, he gives no response to any of the options. Dialog closes and game continues.. no real biggie cause he does not join in BG1, but he does not leave you can repeat this over and over.

#49 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:04 AM

I have just done basic install and BGT Wiedu.
Found two things
1) Wizdary Ring (the one that doubles first level spells) missing at FAI --- RingA0...when added to override it works fine but description is wrong.
2) Talked to Bob Snikt, he gives no response to any of the options. Dialog closes and game continues.. no real biggie cause he does not join in BG1, but he does not leave you can repeat this over and over.

View Post

Fixed. Thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder

#50 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:16 PM

Two more things
I don't know if anyone else had this problem but have Khalid, Jaheria, Montron, Xzar, and Immy in party. Now in Nashkel and talked to Minsc and the reply is "no valid replays or links" that also shows up down where "continue" is in the dialog box. box closes and Minsc now has nothing to say. I think someone already mentioned that one but can not find it.
Picked up Edwin and then Branwn at carnivals went into the tent that is suppose to have the witch and wizard fight, it is empty.

#51 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

Two more things
I don't know if anyone else had this problem but have Khalid, Jaheria, Montron, Xzar, and Immy in party. Now in Nashkel and talked to Minsc and the reply is "no valid replays or links" that also shows up down where "continue" is in the dialog box. box closes and Minsc now has nothing to say. I think someone already mentioned that one but can not find it.

Yup, screw up your reputation a little bit and it might work for you. There was a typo and fixed already.

--------------
Retired Modder

#52 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

Hey do you still want any buggies or oddities.
Got two more.
1) When I found Drizzt, he already had killed all the Gnolls. Then tells me off for not helping him.

2) This one doesn't freeze anything just is a repeatalbe loop, after Melicamp is reincarnated anytime you talk to him the reincarnation dialog can be repeated over and over. The game continues just fine.

#53 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:01 AM

Hey do you still want any buggies or oddities.
Got two more.
1) When I found Drizzt, he already had killed all the Gnolls. Then tells me off for not helping him.

:lol:
I like that, looks like you were too slow. Does this normally happen in BG1?

2) This one doesn't freeze anything just is a repeatalbe loop, after Melicamp is reincarnated anytime you talk to him the reincarnation dialog can be repeated over and over. The game continues just fine.

Fixed.

--------------
Retired Modder

#54 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

The fight starts once you 'see' the Gnolls or Drizzt in BG1.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#55 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:03 AM

This is the BGT--Wediu

It was totally in the black and as it was uncovered I started to see dead Gnolls and when Drizzts appeared He wasn't fighting anyone they were already dead. It was as if the fight started when I entered the area then it was over by the time I walked from the edge of the map to him. Then he is mad at me for not helping him and walks off.

In BG1 I think Drizzt does not attack the Gnolls until you talk to him. So you either help him or refuse and he goes hostle against you.

#56 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:18 PM

Hey this is a good one.
I am at the Cloakwood Mines and open one of the chests and it says someone has seen you and two guards teleport in. they say nothing so I thought might as will attach them. They are Guard Enforcers and I take a 10 point rep hit per guard. so I have zero rep. Wow. And I am in the enemy territory.

#57 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

Hey this is a good one.
I am at the Cloakwood Mines and open one of the chests and it says someone has seen you and two guards teleport in. they say nothing so I thought might as will attach them. They are Guard Enforcers and I take a 10 point rep hit per guard. so I have zero rep. Wow. And I am in the enemy territory.

View Post

If you have Debug Mode=1 in your baldur.ini, can you go back to that chest, hover the cursor over that chest, press the x key on your keyboard, then tell me the area number and x,y positions that are displayed in the dialogue box. Cheers.

--------------
Retired Modder

#58 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:24 AM

Here ya go. I have been doing a lot of saves and had one right after this event.
Area: AR8605
Mouse Position: 236, 162
Tile: 3,2
Search Square:14,13

Glad to help

#59 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:21 AM

Here ya go. I have been doing a lot of saves and had one right after this event.
Area: AR8605
Mouse Position: 236, 162
Tile: 3,2
Search Square:14,13

Glad to help

Seems like a BioWare error. Fixed and thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder

#60 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

BTW, the same problem occured in Candlekeep, in the priest house (first assasination attempt). After lockpicking the chest and opening it the watchers appear and the result is the same.