King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

xRUNENEMY.BAF
Has PlaySound("EDWIN43").
It should be BEDWIN43.

P.S. One small suggestion. About IDS patching. Honestly, I don't like any idea of doing that by APPENDing or replacing something. I would take most complete ones (that definitely exist in BP-BGT package) and make a full overwrite instead. That's not a problem. Because of that is not a part of gameplay but somehow a programming resources. And as a programmer I could tell you: it's always better to have a full and most complete definition file than to get and apply different partial patches that can mess everything.

Edited by King Diamond, 04 July 2005 - 11:03 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#22 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

My 2cp:

Definately patch instead of replace those .IDS files. It does no harm to BGT, and the community at large tends to have rather customized installations that would be overwritten. Yes, BGT may be the "base mod" as KD mentioned, but don't forget you're suggesting it be installed last in most cases. You need to be compatible with what's gone before.
As for the continous Immy... It's ridiculous not to have it. The whole point of BGT was it's "continuity". That's why the cre files get moved to Jonny's basement intact from BG1. So all the xp, profs, spells, etc... that you selected before are still there. It's easy to cause the move to AR1512, especially since there are a few examples already. I suggest a move and some XP for the player to assign as she's been through quite a bit of "experience" in spellhold. Jonny's been busy with her remember? It also has the side effect of keeping the players happy which more than anything else is the point of the game and mods, 'eh?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#23 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:59 PM

Definately patch instead of replace those .IDS files. It does no harm to BGT, and the community at large tends to have rather customized installations that would be overwritten. Yes, BGT may be the "base mod" as KD mentioned, but don't forget you're suggesting it be installed last in most cases. You need to be compatible with what's gone before.

Ok. I agree. :)
In any case, that one should look something like this:
COPY ~BGT\Base\MISC\ACTION.IDS~ ~override~
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~AddJournalEntry(I:Entry~ ~AddJournalEntry(I:StrRef~
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
Otherwise we'll receive 2 duplicating entries and 2nd one won't be used by NI.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#24 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:26 AM

Because it was easier.  Anyway, Imoen will be continuous now.  She won't change XP.  Too bad for the people who play BG2 only I guess.

View Post

I think you are tired a little... :rolleyes:
There's a perfect "ImoenPartyBG1" global variable that can help a lot. :)
If it's =1 Immy should be continous, if =0 - what's wrong when you'll just create Imoen211 and send her to AR1512 instead of the one that came from the dungeon (to make BG2-only lovers happy)? I think it's too easy.... :P
Another keyword: "TELE0700.BCS" + some of her dialogs :)

Yes I was tired when I did that. I'll append AR1512.BCS.

[ADDED}
Just took a look into optional XPBONUS.2DA.
32 exp pts maximum for disarming a trap? 95 max for lockpicking????
90 for learning 9th level spell?????
What is a reason for such values and where did you take them?  :rolleyes:  :blush:
Ppl want XP bonuses reducing but I hope not so LARGE....  :)

May be that one will suit better? It's taken from BP-BGT...

View Post

The XPBONUS.2DA actually comes from Tutu by mistake, but I don't agree with changing it, because when I tested 0.99 BETA I was way over 89000 XP at the end.

As for the continous Immy... It's ridiculous not to have it. The whole point of BGT was it's "continuity". That's why the cre files get moved to Jonny's basement intact from BG1. So all the xp, profs, spells, etc... that you selected before are still there. It's easy to cause the move to AR1512, especially since there are a few examples already. I suggest a move and some XP for the player to assign as she's been through quite a bit of "experience" in spellhold. Jonny's been busy with her remember? It also has the side effect of keeping the players happy which more than anything else is the point of the game and mods, 'eh?

That and keeping KD happy. :lol: I'm just going to add the difference between Imoen10 and Imoen211.

Edited by Ascension64, 05 July 2005 - 12:35 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#25 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:04 AM

Kivan.DLG looks very strange to me. It has some journal entries recording even when you refuse to accept him in the party. + his timer must have different interval - plz look at the original, I remember I put something different there....

Edited by King Diamond, 05 July 2005 - 03:07 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:16 AM

Kivan.DLG looks very strange to me. It has some journal entries recording even when you refuse to accept him in the party. + his timer must have different interval  - plz look at the original, I remember I put something different there....

View Post

Fixed the journal and action part. I don't necessarily see a problem with getting a journal entry when you refuse his quest. It simply means you can refer back to him if you change your mind. Also, I notice you have thirty days. What was wrong with five days limit?

Edited by Ascension64, 05 July 2005 - 05:19 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:44 AM

Running in circles a little bit... :)

FTOWN4.DLG should be renamed to BGFTOWN4 because of there's a BG2 version of it.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#28 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:45 AM

There's a typo in the original bg1 BJAHEI.DLG: "Kahlid"....

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#29 dowish

dowish
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:39 PM

I ran into the assassin Nimbul when i got waylaid going between Nashkel and the mines. I can't remember when he's suppose to appear but i'm pretty sure it isn't there.

#30 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

The XPBONUS.2DA actually comes from Tutu by mistake, but I don't agree with changing it, because when I tested 0.99 BETA I was way over 89000 XP at the end.

BTW, the XP cap for TotSC is supposed to be 167000 or so. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#31 -Rihardz-

-Rihardz-

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

HELP! When i enter thieve s guild everyone starts to attack me!! Everything else in the game was super!!!! Please help me!

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:15 PM

Running in circles a little bit...  :)

FTOWN4.DLG should be renamed to BGFTOWN4 because of there's a BG2 version of it.

View Post

Damn, I hate it when I 'miss' something like this, coz everything else is there.

BTW, the XP cap for TotSC is supposed to be 167000 or so.

It's difficult to decide what to do because I'm expecting people to run through SoBH, DSotSC and NTotSC which will give them lots of XP in themselves.

I ran into the assassin Nimbul when i got waylaid going between Nashkel and the mines. I can't remember when he's suppose to appear but i'm pretty sure it isn't there.

Incorrect script assignment in the random encounter area. Fixed and thanks.

There's a typo in the original bg1 BJAHEI.DLG: "Kahlid"....

Weird you mention this. BGT-WeiDU deletes this file and appends BJAHEIR and changes BKHALI references to BJAHEIR.

Did you say the wrong password? Check the global by using CLUAConsole: CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL")
If it is set to 1 then you either attacked a thief, or said the wrong password. if you saved the game after they turned hostile, then setting the global back to 0 will do nothing, but you can always edit BALDUR.SAV and remove the reference to AR7253.ARE, but this will likely reset any quests you did with Narlen, or talks with Husam and Alatos, so this is not recommended. Fighting them looks to be the best option I think.

Edited by Ascension64, 05 July 2005 - 05:36 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 -Rihardz-

-Rihardz-

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:43 AM

Did you say the wrong password? Check the global by using CLUAConsole: CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AttackedThieves","GLOBAL")
If it is set to 1 then you either attacked a thief, or said the wrong password. if you saved the game after they turned hostile, then setting the global back to 0 will do nothing, but you can always edit BALDUR.SAV and remove the reference to AR7253.ARE, but this will likely reset any quests you did with Narlen, or talks with Husam and Alatos, so this is not recommended. Fighting them looks to be the best option I think.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for looking into it! As i can remember i DID attack them in Baldur's Gate, but they attack me in Athaka!!!! How can i edit the sav game?? I tried HEX editor, but couldn't find THE "AR7253" line?? Plese help me out!

#34 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:49 AM

BG I, Beregost, Mirianne's letter quest.
Hadn't found the letter on dead Ogrillions, but found a Rogue stone (not bad, eh? ;))

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

Hadn't found the letter on dead Ogrillions, but found a Rogue stone (not bad, eh? ;))

View Post

Weird. I see no problems there, are you sure you killed TWO ogrillons? One gives random treasure, but guaranteed the other ogre drops the scroll. I'm not exactly sure how you got the rogue stone. The only rogue stone is MISC45.ITM and that isn't on the random treasure tables. OGREGR.CRE also has RNDTRE08.ITM in inventory which references the correct treasure row in RNDTREAS.2DA. Also checked SCRL3I.ITM and the icons are correct.

Thanks for looking into it! As i can remember i DID attack them in Baldur's Gate, but they attack me in Athaka!!!! How can i edit the sav game?? I tried HEX editor, but couldn't find THE "AR7253" line?? Plese help me out!

Something is fishy if Shadow Thieves attack you in Athkatla. Changing AR7253 would not help if you are already into BG2. I can't say what is wrong then unless you angered somebody by doing something bad in Athkatla?

Edited by Ascension64, 06 July 2005 - 04:25 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 rihardz

rihardz
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

[
[quote]Thanks for looking into it! As i can remember i DID attack them in Baldur's Gate, but they attack me in Athaka!!!! How can i edit the sav game?? I tried HEX editor, but couldn't find THE "AR7253" line?? Plese help me out![/quote]

Something is fishy if Shadow Thieves attack you in Athkatla. Changing AR7253 would not help if you are already into BG2. I can't say what is wrong then unless you angered somebody by doing something bad in Athkatla?
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

I didn't do anything :( First thing i did was to get edwin! but when i enter their guild or maevar's i get attacked! is there any way i could hack edwin into my party?

#37 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

View Post

The problem is in your CtB installation. You chose it's Baldurdash part to be installed and that was your major mistake... :)
Remember - CtB-WeiDU is only partially WeiDU.... ;) :lol:
Use mine BD-WeiDU and you will never see that STONE in bg1 part.... ;)

Edited by King Diamond, 06 July 2005 - 05:36 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#38 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:28 AM

KD, I have no CtB installed, you can see it from my WeiDU.log in previous topic. May be the problem is that mods rollbacks don't actually roll back properly?
I've installed mods in the following order:
your fixes 1.4
SoS-WeiDU 1.02
TDD-WeiDU 1.02 (1.01 with update from Horred's Yahoo group)
TS v.6.02
NEJ 2 v.3.1b
BTG-WeiDU 0.99 b2
CtB 1.50 - failed, rolled back (no components were selected during the dialog except CtB itself)
DToTSC 1.60 - failed, rolled back
SoBH 1.8 - failed, rolled back
Yacomo's Worldmap v.3b
1pp v.2
FR/RoV

Ah, may be your fixes should go not right after the ToB patch but in the very end?

Edited by ScuD, 06 July 2005 - 06:42 AM.

#39 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:48 AM

KD, I have no CtB installed, you can see it from my WeiDU.log in previous topic. May be the problem is that mods rollbacks don't actually roll back properly?
I've installed mods in the following order:
your fixes 1.4
SoS-WeiDU 1.02
TDD-WeiDU 1.02 (1.01 with update from Horred's Yahoo group)
TS v.6.02
NEJ 2 v.3.1b
BTG-WeiDU 0.99 b2
CtB 1.50 - failed, rolled back (no components were selected during the dialog except CtB itself)
DToTSC 1.60 - failed, rolled back
SoBH 1.8 - failed, rolled back
Yacomo's Worldmap v.3b
1pp v.2
FR/RoV

Ah, may be your fixes should go not right after the ToB patch but in the very end?

View Post

I don't know. I only know exactly that SCRL3I.ITM (which is a letter in bg1 and a rogue stone in bg2) is a part of original Baldurdash package (that could be included silently in some existing mods, CtB is an example). If such mod installs it as usual - just by copying files - nothing will help after or before that.

At the moment I know only that such combination is 99.9% compatible: ToB + BGT-WeiDU + SoS-WeiDUv102 + BH latest + DSotSC latest+ NTotSC latest + Baldurdash-WeiDU + Woldmap. Any other combination of existing big mods looks very unsafe for me and have to be revised (that will be done in time ;) )

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#40 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

Found out the source of the problem.
SCRL3I.ITM is also replaced in TDD installation.
Will wait for the revised TDD from King Diamond :P