Plans & Updates

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:13 AM

Well, it's been a long time since I gave any announcement. There is still no coder for Tashia, but in that case I will expand some of Tashia's writing to make her more in line with other NPCs.

1. Change proposed lovetalks to dialogue only (where appropriate, which will be most of them).

2. Ensure 2 banters per NPC (at least) for both SoA and ToB. So far, this much I have found, and had another confirm.

SoA:

Jan: 1 Banter
Jaheira: 2 Banters
Edwin: 2 Banters
Mazzy: 2 Banters
Minsc: 1 Banter
Keldorn: 1 Banter (with an aside for Cernd)
Valygar: 1 Banter
Nalia: 1 Banter

Anomen, Yoshimo, Aerie, Korgan, Viconia, Haer Dalis', Imoen, Korgan

ToB:

Sarevok: 1 Banter
Valygar: 1 Banter
Viconia: 1 Banter
Aerie: 1 Banter
Minsc: 1 Banter
Imoen: 1 Banter
Korgan: 1 Banter

Jaheira, Nalia, Anomen, Jan, Keldorn, Haer Dalis', Edwin, Cernd, Mazzy

3. Include riddles in ToB

This one is actually easy, since I have had a good number saved for a while now. Such as:
A bone of contention, a pony in your do. A spy will want to lose it, a wind that pushes you. What am I?

4. Expand flirts, though I admit that this is negligible in the long run.

5. Tashia's item/gift propose will also more than likely appear.

6. Coding. So far, all others have backed out or disappeared...which is alright. Worse comes to worse.

Edited by Bri, 09 August 2005 - 02:31 PM.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:44 AM

As for coding... I haven't read Tashia's original code (I will have to before I promise this), but I'd probably be willing to make the effort. Keep in mind that I haven't done a complete project like this before (all I've done is some fiddling on my own, and a lot of debugging), so I can't guarantee to work quite as fast as usual. Dialogue coding won't be much of a problem, but messing with cutscenes etc. is still mostly a mistery to me.

I wouldn't start with this before September, though (I've got re-examinations coming up).

EDIT: Taking a look at the code now... this shouldn't be such a problem, if all that is needed are additional banters and lovetalks. I'd be more than glad to do it, actually. Also, note that some additional (albeit very short) banters are in there, but they are displayed through the DisplayStringHead method, rather than through classical dialogues.

Edited by Lord Ernie, 04 August 2005 - 11:04 AM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#3 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

I wouldn't start with this before September, though (I've got re-examinations coming up).

EDIT: Taking a look at the code now... this shouldn't be such a problem, if all that is needed are additional banters and lovetalks. I'd be more than glad to do it, actually. Also, note that some additional (albeit very short) banters are in there, but they are displayed through the DisplayStringHead method, rather than through classical dialogues.

The majority of the additions would be adding more banters and lovetalks. The Lovetalks planned are actually what is on display here, though they would need to be edited to fit in with the others already in the game. Banters would just be more additional conversational pieces.

I know I have included some pieces to fill in at various junctures as well...but those could be dropped if necessary, but really shouldn't be no harder than other banters.

Mind you, there has been some talk to take care of the most egregious bugs that crop up, and getting rid of the 'Monty Haul' aspects of some of her encounters as well.

And there would be no rush to start, of course, because I would like to put up additional riddles and such...and maybe keep it as a surprise.

If you wish to do it, I would be very grateful.

Edited by Bri, 04 August 2005 - 04:03 PM.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:18 PM

Nothing to drastic is going on, I just moved the pinned topics into the private forum while Lord Ernie and I get the writing in shape.

The topics will return after suitable copying of the text within, of course. At this moment, we are just getting things in motion.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:17 AM

For next release please include the russian translation avaliable at aerie.ru
http://www.aerie.ru/download/mods/translat...Tashia(rus).zip
This one for 205g version

#6 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

September 24, 2005

Tentatively, all the NPC Banters, and ToB Riddles are finished.

Edited by Bri, 24 September 2005 - 01:49 PM.

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:53 PM

October 13, 2005

Lord E has a good number of new banters coded up, as well as new riddles for ToB. (Thanks Lord E!) We should be able to put up a couple of screenshots later.

There are some minor rewrites, and stuff I need to do, and editing on lovetalks, but I am cautiously optimistic my stuff will be done by the end of the month.

#8 Undertaker

Undertaker

Destiny, Infinity, Eternity

• 68 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

Will there be any testing needed? :)
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

#9 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

Nothing much, normally. I try to make sure that whatever I put in does work, and I've tested everything myself, so far. On the other hand, there'll quite possibly be a number of mod combinations that cause bugs, I don't know.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#10 Undertaker

Undertaker

Destiny, Infinity, Eternity

• 68 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:38 PM

Just drop me a PM if you'd need some testing.
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

#11 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

November 12, 2005

Obviously I didn't make the deadline I set for myself last month. However, there has been progress. We expanded a certain banter into something that...well, I guess you will have to see for yourself when we're done.

Additionally, I have tentatively finished 60 flirts, and only got 80 more to go. That will leave the editing of the lovetalks as the last big project.

#12 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:13 AM

November 12, 2005

Obviously I didn't make the deadline I set for myself last month. However, there has been progress. We expanded a certain banter into something that...well, I guess you will have to see for yourself when we're done.

Additionally, I have tentatively finished 60 flirts, and only got 80 more to go. That will leave the editing of the lovetalks as the last big project.

This sounds great any idea when your hoping to have this ready by? :unsure:

#13 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

I am not sure whether this is the best place to ask... but Tashia was one of the first mods I played, and I still have fond memories... Anyway, has there been any news of the original author, Michael Lyashenko? None whatsoever?

#14 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:29 AM

November 15, 2005

Just a brief note to say that I believe we got all the flirts done. Not as lengthy as Kelsey, but we do have 120 flirts written.

That primarily leaves editing lovetalks to finish (Such as shortening the Bhaalspawn's responses, adding more choices to the older NPC class lovetalks, etc)

Most likely? Before the end of the year.

I am not sure whether this is the best place to ask... but Tashia was one of the first mods I played, and I still have fond memories... Anyway, has there been any news of the original author, Michael Lyashenko? None whatsoever?

Well, I talked with him back when this was at Forgotten Wars Studios (call it over 6 months ago) and mainly to let him know what changes I intended to make. As it was, he was busy on some other projects.

#15 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:11 AM

November 15, 2005

Just a brief note to say that I believe we got all the flirts done. Not as lengthy as Kelsey, but we do have 120 flirts written.

That primarily leaves editing lovetalks to finish (Such as shortening the Bhaalspawn's responses, adding more choices to the older NPC class lovetalks, etc)

Most likely? Before the end of the year.

Well, I talked with him back when this was at Forgotten Wars Studios (call it over 6 months ago) and mainly to let him know what changes I intended to make. As it was, he was busy on some other projects.

Yay! Before the end of the year is just what I wanted to hear. I've played Tashia LONG time ago and it'd be great to play with her again.
Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#16 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

Truthfully, what is left might be a little time consuming, but it won't be backbreaking, at least from a writing standpoint. The edits I had in mind included tightening up the language, shortening the PC's responses (so that it doesn't take half a paragraph), and Baldurizing some of the action lovetalks for the version to make it more in line with the actual game. Very little new writing will need to be done, other than expanding a few of the first NPC class lovetalks written to give them a few more branches.

#17 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

November 28 2005

Well, I think I got most of the added ToB lovetalks edited/shortened. Of course, that was only four of them. That will leave SoA lovetalks and Class Lovetalks to finish. That will probably finish it, at least from a writing standpoint.

#18 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:55 AM

Dec. 10, 2005

My progress is going slow, due to real life and schoolwork, but I do have 4 SoA Lovetalks baldurized (of the 10 new ones I wrote way back when). That leaves 6 SoA lovetalks, and then the class lovetalks (1 per class...11 class lovetalks) Progress is...er...progressing.

#19 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

Dec 20, 2005

I think that I have finished editing the Lovetalks as far as I can go. I am still considering a final lovetalk to SoA, but I don't really think there needs to be any other new material.

#20 -Beetle-

-Beetle-

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:07 PM

Great news! (And congratulations on having the wisdom to know when to stop adding new stuff)

I've been lurking for a long time (but not in a creepy way), following the progress on this mod. You deserve a great deal of credit of persevering with this to the end. :new_thumbs: