Plans & Updates

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:51 PM

Great news! (And congratulations on having the wisdom to know when to stop adding new stuff)

I've been lurking for a long time (but not in a creepy way), following the progress on this mod. You deserve a great deal of credit of persevering with this to the end. :new_thumbs:

Well, the final lovetalk I want to make would be for SoA. It would be a culimination lovetalk, like the BioWare 3 does. Aerie decides events are moving to fast, Viconia splits up with the interest Lolth shows, and Jaheira makes a decision whether to side with the Harpers or the Bhaalspawn.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#22 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:03 AM

January 10, 2005

I am approximately 50% done with the final lovetalk. It is taking me a little longer than I wanted, but I will finish it by this weekend. (Note: coding will still take time, but we are definitely in the end stretch).

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#23 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:20 AM

Jan 14, 2006

I'm about 60% done with the writing. Real life hit me hard this last week.

On a good note, Lord Ernie has some of the Baldurized version coded, and almost all of the non-Baldurized version. So while I won't give a specific date on release, I can almost guarantee it won't even be six months from now.

Edited by Bri, 15 January 2006 - 05:45 PM.

#24 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:07 AM

Good news indeed, will be seeking for the rel then ;)

#25 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

Feb 11, 2006

I tentatively think I have finished all the writing that I really need to do. There may be some editing, but I don't think there is any need for any new material.

#26 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:00 PM

Good news, will be hard to wait for the release ;)

#27 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

Do you think it would be worth to wait with another game until the release ? :)

#28 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:41 PM

Well, there is a lot of new material in this take on Tashia, but I don't really know if it would be worth it to wait for a game to play her with. It all boils down to how much you like replaying through BG II. I know that I've played BG II so often, I just pump up my characters to ridiculous levels, and plow through everything until I hit the good stuff.

#29 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:06 AM

March 18, 2006

Well, just dropping a note to say that Lord E is doing a great job coding up Tashia. He has done several of the class lovetalks (the Baldurized form. These are the ones that have the actions and descriptions removed).

Unless something happens, we will be asking for playtesters to make sure it runs fine ;)

#30 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

March 18, 2006

Well, just dropping a note to say that Lord E is doing a great job coding up Tashia. He has done several of the class lovetalks (the Baldurized form. These are the ones that have the actions and descriptions removed).

Unless something happens, we will be asking for playtesters to make sure it runs fine ;)

Great news that Tashia is almost complete, I?ve always liked Tashia even if I can?t always get her back after the cave encounter. :crying: Are you gonna change the whole Arillistan thing?

My suggestions echo every one else?s I suppose and I?ll throw in a few suggestions of my own as well.

Lose the monty haul yes, a big yes. I can?t remember arillistans class cos I?ve uninstalled BG but I suggest you focus on this and his tactics rather than piling him with so many items, he can?t carry them all.

To hell with the story how about making him a Kensai 18th/mage 20th specialized in yep you guessed it katanas that will really scare the crap out of anyone wandering into the cave for a quick battle especially if you add:

An Assassin side kick high level of course :ph34r:

Plus there are not enough bad guys, those dwarfs need help, make them high level berserkers throw in a beholder. a vampire, trap certain areas, a completely different strategy, everyone downs a few potions and viola a pretty mean battle. :woot:

#31 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:17 AM

We are not going to change the dwarf encounter. As for Arilistan, we are in discussion as to what final changes to enact. I guarantee that the rest of the fight won't be having all the minions and such dropping bundles of treasure.

#32 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

April 10, 2006

Things have been slightly busy for me and Lord Ernie, but the end really is in sight. So far, I only have a little more writing to go (one lovetalk), and a couple minor lines of dialogue, which I should be done with tomorrow.

Thanks for patiently waiting.

#33 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:53 AM

We'll be.. patiently waiting.. I plan to start a new game with Tashia as soon as it is complete.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#34 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

Heh, we just got caught up in a spate of real life. We honestly don't have much left to do.

#35 -Bester-

-Bester-

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

Heh, we just got caught up in a spate of real life. We honestly don't have much left to do.

BTW, Dreamfall (Longest Journey II) is coming out now if you want to rip anymore voice samples for Tashia. Unless you've got with a different voice for the new version.

#36 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info, Bester, but I think we will just stick what is her current voice set.

#37 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:11 PM

April 21, 2006

Pretty much I just need to finish up the last bits (similar refrain as before). Lord Ernie pretty much has the coding done (thanks!)

#38 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:54 AM

April 21, 2006

Pretty much I just need to finish up the last bits (similar refrain as before). Lord Ernie pretty much has the coding done (thanks!)

I can't wait!!!!

:Bow:

#39 -Idyll-

-Idyll-

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:17 AM

hurrrrrrr it's like christmas, birthday and new year's eve all at once!!!! :cheers:

#40 Undertaker

Undertaker

Destiny, Infinity, Eternity

• 68 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:45 AM

April 21, 2006

I can't wait!!!!

:Bow:

You're not the only one :whistling:
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies