Attached Images

• Untitled_5.JPG

#22 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:12 PM

Are you using any mods which change action.ids, or have you forgotten to install the patch, perhaps? There's definitely something you've done, though I can't say what. I've never heard of a game choking on SetCutSceneLite() before.

#23 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:22 PM

Right now I only have SoA installed (with the official patch; no ToB),
and the JZ mod, no other mods at all. I still can't see the movie. What is the
way to fix it manually?

#24 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

Ah. No ToB. Well, at least now we know that JZ requires ToB. I'll put a check for it in the next release ;).

As for a fix, you could try:
1. Uninstall
2. Open every episode .d file (that's JZEP01.d etc). You can find them in JZ/Dialogue. Replace every instance of SetCutSceneLite(TRUE) with StartCutSceneMode(). With a good text editor, this should only take a moment ;).
4. You might have to also add EndCutSceneMode() to the last script for every episode (that's Scripts\JZEP104.baf and so on).
5. If you do it correctly, this should fix your problem, but then the audience won't chant, which would be a shame.
6. Install, and see what happens.

#25 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:38 PM

Thanks!

#26 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

Buying ToB isn't a bad idea in itself, actually :).

#27 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

Buying ToB isn't a bad idea in itself, actually

I have ToB, just don't have it installed right now.
Well, I've just checked ACTIONS.IDS, and the last line is
324 SetBeenInPartyFlags(),
thus no 338 SetCutsceneLite(BOOLEAN) with SoA only.
So, the current JZ version does require ToB.

#28 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:03 PM

Ah, ok.
Well, you could install ToB if it's not too much trouble. That way JZ will work ;)!

#29 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

I couldn't enter area ARJZ00 from the inn, and had to CLUAConsole into the area. Once there, the mod worked fine, but the game crashes when I try to exit from the door (again, CLUAConsole works).
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#30 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:01 PM

I couldn't enter area ARJZ00 from the inn, and had to CLUAConsole into the area.  Once there, the mod worked fine, but the game crashes when I try to exit from the door (again, CLUAConsole works).

View Post

Oh dear :(. We'll have a look at the code.

#31 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:47 AM

Wanted to give this mod a shot as a XMAS gift for myself so downloaded it in early December. As prevous posters reported, I cannot enter the studio. I am going to try CLUAConsole like Little Dragon did and see if that helps.

Got it working - had to manualy unpack the .TIZ and .OGG files. Don't know what else the .tp2 is not executing, maybe a movie? Just saw my first episode - hilarious!

Edited by Diana, 24 December 2005 - 06:42 AM.

#32 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:51 AM

Hm, very strange. Did you close the installer before it had time to excecute the .bat-file?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#33 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:14 AM

Hm, very strange. Did you close the installer before it had time to excecute the .bat-file?

I do not exit abnormally - I wait for the onscreen prompt saying to press ENTER. Both the automatic installer, and running the normal Weidu setup-jz.exe does the same. I get a message saying that JZ has been successfully installed and press ENTER to continue. I think I got a one word message after pressing the ENTER key (when prompted) that said either "ON", "OFF" or "OH". Can't remember after 6-7 install tries this morning and having the game crash when I tried to enter the studio. The Read-me HTML shows after installation. However, when I look in Override, I can see the raw .OGG files and the ARJZ00.TIZ. Something is not running to completion, whether it be from the original JZ.EXE or by running Setup-JZ.EXE. Whatever controls the un-Ogg-fying and Un-TIZ-fying is not executing. Knowing some DOS, I turned the @ECHO OFF back to @ECHO but couldn't trace what is going wrong.

Anyhow, since tomorrow is XMAS and I have off Monday too, Will I still be able to look at your movie or do I have to manually do something here as well.

#34 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:20 AM

The only thing I can think of is that you might run an old version of WeiDU - which doesn't support inlined files - but that is unlikely...

Very strange. :(

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#35 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:25 AM

The only thing I can think of is that you might run an old version of WeiDU - which doesn't support inlined files - but that is unlikely...

Very strange. :(

Could be - just sent you the debug file which will list Weidu version and install. I think JZInstall.bat is not running and that is why I have the problem.

#36 5th_horseman

5th_horseman
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:47 PM

I to have a problem with the install.bat not running, How do I actualily get this to install? Just what files do I have to change and How ? At the moment I have bunch of ogg files and other uncompressed file sitting in the override directory, and the game crashes when I try to enter the JZ area.

#37 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:19 AM

I have no idea why it doesn't work for certain people.

In any case, you can manually create an install.bat file in your main BGII directory and put this into it:

@echo off

JZ\Executables\tisunpack.exe -s override\ARJZ00.tiz
echo Area decompression for the Jerry Zinger Show completed.

JZ\Executables\oggdec.exe override\JZ*.ogg
del override\JZ*.ogg

echo Sound decoding for the Jerry Zinger Show completed.
mkdir JZ\Backup\Chitin-Key-Backup-Do-Not-Delete-For-The-Love-Of-God
copy chitin.key JZ\Backup\Chitin-Key-Backup-Do-Not-Delete-For-The-Love-Of-God
mkdir JZMovie
copy JZ\Movies\*.mve JZMovie
copy Setup-JZ.exe JZMovie.exe
JZMovie --make-biff JZMovie
del JZMovie.exe
rmdir JZMovie /S /Q
echo Installation of movies completed.
…and that’s it. ;)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#38 Fey

Fey
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

Hi,

please excuse the stupid question...
I have the same problem that was already posted here: I can't enter the studio or watch the movie, when I try to, the game crashes.
Plus, when I install the mod, I don't see any unpacking of the .ogg files or the movie displayed. In my override folder, I can't find the ARJZ00.tis. (While the ARJZ00.TIZ is there.)
I have ToB installed, plus the Yasraena and Saerileth mods, but deinstalling them didn't help.

I read trough this thread, but actually the explanations given here and the ways to solve the problem are incomprehensible for me. Really, I know basically nothing about this technical stuff, and I think I need some simple step-by-step solution for idiots like me. ;)

In fact I want to translate the mod into my language and at least play through it once to understand the dialogues better.
So I don't absolutely need to see the movie, I just want to get the cutscenes running and to somehow get into the studio.

Fey

#39 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Newb - You have some wierd people on, huh?

@206 = ~I think we can learn a lot from today. Restraint and tol<span style='color:red'>d</span>erance are very important [...]
@623 = ~Maria, this is merely a military expediency for the purpose of comfort and hyg<span style='color:red'>ei</span>ne!~
@616 = ~So those lacey red panties I ordered from Calimshite, with the peekaboo panels that I thought Vesper stole?~

I didn't bother picking up Viconia, nor saving/killing her when I entered JZ's show. When she was summoned in one of the scenes, she first said her "staked" message. ("Shar, my deliverance is in your hands... wait! I recognize you!", and it was voiced too.)

After that, she continued with her JZ dialogue.

Well, at least now we know that JZ requires ToB.

All fixed :) .

Also, the hawker in Waukeen's Promenade has been moved a bit closer to the Den of Seven Vales door.