30 replies to this topic

#1 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

Hi guys,

I'm starting using BGT-Weidu as well, just a quick question ... is actual version of BGT-Weidu free-bugs (or similar :P ) for an ONLY install of BGT-Weidu (so without any mod) ?

Thanks,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:03 AM

Hi guys,

I'm starting using BGT-Weidu as well, just a quick question ... is actual version of BGT-Weidu free-bugs (or similar :P ) for an ONLY install of BGT-Weidu (so without any mod) ?

Thanks,

mm75

No, it is not bug-free because it is still in BETA. Check http://www.shsforums...showtopic=17125 for current bugs and those fixed for the next version. Unfortunately, and I hate it when it happens, there are some quest-breaking bugs (not necessarily main quest) that exist in BETA 4.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Ascension ... i've just read the topic and for that i was asking if "alone" it is near bug-free because i don't see any problem (but the bg1 abilities...) in that post regarding playability ;)

mm75

#4 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:10 AM

As far as being able to play thru the game you should be fine. It's stable enough.

#5 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:18 PM

Huh...It's still "on develompent"...just fix some funny things and makes it more compatible to new BP-1.70 whn it will be released...
Off Topic-sorry for translations...it has not been made yet because of lack of free time, really...I'll try to end that next weekend if I won' have some nasty laboratiories :-]
Cheers u all.....

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

I see, well to put it relatively, this version is probably 500% more refined than the classic bugful BGT, and will play through the entire BG1 portion without major mishap.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

I see, well to put it relatively, this version is probably 500% more refined than the classic bugful BGT, and will play through the entire BG1 portion without major mishap.

Yep ... i'm trying to play it standalone. I'll post any problem here so :) So far ... so good :P

mm75

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

Yep ... i'm trying to play it standalone. I'll post any problem here so :) So far ... so good :P

mm75

Cool, I'm working on some reported bugs at the moment. Any problems you find will be good, since BGT-WeiDU is the only mod you are running...the perfect test environment.

--------------
Retired Modder

#9 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:21 AM

Yep, i'll do that and keep u informed ... hoping to write very few posts eh eh ;-)

mm75

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:08 AM

No free time lately, but i noticed a couple of bugs (very very little). I hope they are not just raised somewhere ;-)

When speaking with Xan, after you replied it for the first time you get the VERY SAME 3 change to respond again. I noticed the link to the replies are correct but the text is the same of the first 3 choices.

Sometimes (random may be or when i say my character to walk from the combat), enemies run away from combat (actually i noticed that only with Greywolf and Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen)

Hope to have some more time to test it ;-)

mm75

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

When speaking with Xan, after you replied it for the first time you get the VERY SAME 3 change to respond again. I noticed the link to the replies are correct but the text is the same of the first 3 choices.

That has been fixed.

Sometimes (random may be or when i say my character to walk from the combat), enemies run away from :fish: combat (actually i noticed that only with Greywolf and Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen)

Do these guys show the yellow circle beneath them, meaning that they are panicking? I don't see any of their script assignments that have script blocks telling them to run away though.

--------------
Retired Modder

#12 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:35 AM

Nope, they are "naturally" red. They happened when my i pointed my character in combat to go away. Then the enemy try to walk away the stop, then come to combat again ... hope this helps, anyway it's a bug (if it is) who occurred seldom,

mm75

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:41 AM

Nope, they are "naturally" red. They happened when my i pointed my character in combat to go away. Then the enemy try to walk away the stop, then come to combat again ... hope this helps, anyway it's a bug (if it is) who occurred seldom,

mm75

When you say walk away, does the enemy try to walk to where you click? As they have some weird follow programming in their AI...

Also, is your pathfinding nodes set to maximum in BGConfig?

I'll have a look at this interesting feat... (maybe they are trying to fool you...) :lol:

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

Eh eh ... yes, it could seem that they ty to folow me, but then they take another way ;-)

hmmm, i'm honest i'm pretty ignorant about pathfindings. So, noticing that i don't know them, they should have been set to default ;-)

mm75

#15 Ze German

Ze German
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

mm75

vell i am not sure but zis sounds like ze typical "alvays valk to ze point ze selected character is valking to" AI of ze enemies. it is not a bug but simply stupid AI. if an entrance is blocked by an npc for example and ze enemy vants to attack a character valking to a point zat is blocked, ze AI sometimes vants to valk across ze whole map trying to reach ze character from ze ozer side. (hope you understood vhat i meant) zis often looks like ze enemy is running avay. it is a feature of bg 2 AI only i zink (making it BGT also of course)

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:51 AM

mm75

vell i am not sure but zis sounds like ze typical "alvays valk to ze point ze selected character is valking to" AI of ze enemies. it is not a bug but simply stupid AI. if an entrance is blocked by an npc for example and ze enemy vants to attack a character valking to a point zat is blocked, ze AI sometimes vants to valk across ze whole map trying to reach ze character from ze ozer side. (hope you understood vhat i meant) zis often looks like ze enemy is running avay. it is a feature of bg 2 AI only i zink (making it BGT also of course)

Makes very good sense beyond that lovely German accent in your writing. That's excellent stuff! :lol:

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 Ze German

Ze German
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:05 AM

yees, zhen ze enemy is revealed and ze bug is not a bug at all nein. but please do not mock me because of ze accent i can do nozing against. i try to learn ze english good but your language requires lots of arbeit and concentration ja. also i am giving my best, ja.

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

yees, zhen ze enemy is revealed and ze bug is not a bug at all nein. but please do not mock me because of ze accent i can do nozing against. i try to learn ze english good but your language requires lots of arbeit and concentration ja. also i am giving my best, ja.

Yep, bug is not a bug...your english is fine, mate. Keep it up.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

Eh...sometimes just use "th" rather than "z" when u want to share ur minds with more ppl :P
Ja..Ich spreche deutsch nicht sehr gut :)

#20 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

I'm realizing now that spells are from BG1 engine (i'm still in BG1 part) ... is that correct? Example: monster summoning works like normal BG1 and not BG2.

Moreover (a little off topic sorry ;-) Will my npcs have the VERY same value like in Bg1 when i get the BG2 part of the game?

mm75