Photo

The Worst Character Poll

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the worst NPC and the one you wouldn't like to see in KotOR 3? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

The worst NPC in KotOR 1 who you wouldn't like to see in KotOR 3 and why?

1. Bastila Shan (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

2. Canderous Ordo (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Carth Onasi (7 votes [15.56%])

4. HK-47 (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

5. Jolee Bindo (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

6. Juhani (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Mission Vao (3 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

8. T3-M4 (7 votes [15.56%])

9. Zaalbar (9 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:26 AM

The poll shows that the top three are: Canderous, T3-M4 & Zaalbar. Interesting situation... if I read this correctly at least in some way, people prefer the more talkative NPCs. Well, I agree with that too, if the NPCs don't really talk that much, it'd be better if you could create your own.

Exactly. The fun with roleplaying games is that the characters have something to say all the time, whether useful or not useful.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

The poll shows that the top three are: Canderous, T3-M4 & Zaalbar. Interesting situation... if I read this correctly at least in some way, people prefer the more talkative NPCs. Well, I agree with that too, if the NPCs don't really talk that much, it'd be better if you could create your own.

Exactly. The fun with roleplaying games is that the characters have something to say all the time, whether useful or not useful.

Indeed, somehow Jan Jansen comes to mind... :D Do you have any opinions on whether romance options make characters more interesting or are they just attempts to add more layers to the character?

#23 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:18 PM

Indeed, somehow Jan Jansen comes to mind... :D Do you have any opinions on whether romance options make characters more interesting or are they just attempts to add more layers to the character?

Romance = Good. It becomes a little more tricky when you add an "s" so it becomes romances. Too many romance-options spoils the fun.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#24 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:44 AM

Poll: Zaalbar leading! What's this? People don't like furry wookies apparently! :D I can understand it tho... the dialogue was worse than that of the droids... you can only listen to his growling for so long. :D

#25 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:50 AM

Poll: Zaalbar leading! What's this? People don't like furry wookies apparently! :D I can understand it tho... the dialogue was worse than that of the droids... you can only listen to his growling for so long. :D

Yeah. I hated the looping soundfiles. Mostly those of the Ithorians however.

- Yahtzee

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:39 AM

Yeah. I hated the looping soundfiles. Mostly those of the Ithorians however.

Hopefully there'll be no wookies in KotOR III... both games so far have had one.

#27 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:11 AM

Hmm... any opinions on why Carth, Mission and Jolee didn't get any votes? :D I seriously doubt Jolee Bindo was the most favoured character... although he does remind me of Jan Jansen too.

#28 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hmm... any opinions on why Carth, Mission and Jolee didn't get any votes?

Because Zaalbar is in the poll.

- Yahtzee

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:44 AM

LOL :lol: Such a great excuse!

#30 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:46 AM

LOL :lol: Such a great excuse!

;)

- Yahtzee

#31 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

Zallabar had his uses. Like on the unknown world, forcing him to kill mission :devil:

That was it though, if only we could have sold him on his planet (I'm not even going to try to spell it correctly)

As for the droids though, I can almost garuntee they'll be in KotOR 3, its supposed to be like how R2 and 3P0 are in all the movies. Its seen thro the view of the droids.

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#32 mrnemo00

mrnemo00
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:47 AM

Heck T3 is just nice, comme on everybody likes R2D2... T3 is his great-great-great-great-great..........grandfather, iff robots can have family :D. Zalbar is just a big furball that stands in your way.

#33 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:58 PM

With my forum mod rights I declare Zaalbar as the winner of this particular poll! Feel free to go on discussing it tho. :)

#34 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Also, if you're darkside and on the unknown world force zallabar to kill mission AND take him with you on the star forge then he'll attack you half-way through. (I only took him once to see it happen, took hk47 all other times)

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#35 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:10 AM

Also, if you're darkside and on the unknown world force zallabar to kill mission AND take him with you on the star forge then he'll attack you half-way through. (I only took him once to see it happen, took hk47 all other times)

Nice, didn't know that one! Yeah, I had either Carth/Mission with double blasters and HK-47 usually, since I play LS more often than not.

#36 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

Oh God Juhani by a mile...she sucked big time. Probley my most hated character in the whole series so far...that annoying catlike voice of her's drove me nuts! I didn't mind all the other chacters in the game...I did find however that after I got so far in the game I cut my roster of guys I used down to four maybe five, Bastila, Carth, Jolee, Canderous, and maybe HK. There just wasn't any more use for them...

Edited by Anonymous2, 28 January 2007 - 10:24 PM.

Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.

#37 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:46 AM

Bastila is taking the lead... Interesting.

A bitch, a nuisance, and undeniably annoying, but she wasn't the worst.

EDIT: LOL!!! I just found out I actually voted for Bastila in this poll...

Well, there you have Ravel:

(HK-47): [Question]: What can change the nature of a man?

(HK-47): [Answer]: A poll about the characters of KotOR I

:P

Edited by Grunker, 29 January 2007 - 06:49 AM.

- Yahtzee

#38 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

Bastila is taking the lead... Interesting.

A bitch, a nuisance, and undeniably annoying, but she wasn't the worst.

EDIT: LOL!!! I just found out I actually voted for Bastila in this poll...

Well, there you have Ravel:

(HK-47): [Question]: What can change the nature of a man?

(HK-47): [Answer]: A poll about the characters of KotOR I

:P

Funny guy...I think up to a point every character was helpful in their own way. Except of course for that stupid Juhani character...they better not put her in the third...hopefully the Sith killed her off during the Jedi's Exile in Kotor II... :P

#39 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:56 PM

I liked Juhani.

May I nominate Trask Ulgo?

Actually the only one I didn't really like at all was Canderous.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#40 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

I liked Juhani.

May I nominate Trask Ulgo?

Actually the only one I didn't really like at all was Canderous.

What? How could you not like Canderous, he was one of my favorites for sure, I liked him better in the first over the second though...and Juhani to me was nothing but a filler character, I could of gotten along just as well without her. In fact the first time I ever played through Kotor (back in early August 2003 I believe) I killed her in the grove on Dantooine with my Dark Sider...ah those were the days. ^_^

What about Mission Vao...I found her very useful...on Taris anyway. After that she was kind of a whinner, always complaining about how we need to go after her brother, that freeloader Griff. Hopefully the Exchange tracked him down and killed him...

Edited by Anonymous2, 29 January 2007 - 04:16 PM.