Photo

The Worst Character Poll

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the worst NPC and the one you wouldn't like to see in KotOR 3? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

The worst NPC in KotOR 1 who you wouldn't like to see in KotOR 3 and why?

1. Bastila Shan (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

2. Canderous Ordo (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Carth Onasi (7 votes [15.56%])

4. HK-47 (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

5. Jolee Bindo (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

6. Juhani (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Mission Vao (3 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

8. T3-M4 (7 votes [15.56%])

9. Zaalbar (9 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:41 AM

Well.... why not?

My vote's totally for T3. Sorry, he CAN do pretty much anything regarding security/computer slicing/repairs, but he's just BORING. I mean, I don't think he should even be qualified for the worst CHARACTER poll, since he doesn't have a single line of commentary to partake of the whole game. Seriously. What sort of a NPC is that??? Zaalbar wasn't much better, what with "I don't feel like you would understand anything about me anyway", but he got topped off by T3 by far in my opinion. At least Zaalbar had a personal quest.

I'll play Juhani's advocate a bit; she was a Jedi guardian, and she had good stats for a "balanced" fighter (i.e. too much DEX and not enough STR, but, hell, she's the best melee you'll get in KotOR unless you are one yourself). And Mission will fill in T3's place (very useful to see/disable mines and open locked things) but she'll have much more interesting and numerous sly comments to slide in at critical moments of the game. And I didn't like Bastila too much on my first run through the game, but I took her up more often on the second run and I discovered to my amazement that she's got quite a lot to say, and not too bad a sense of humour. And if you want a character who's going to put chaos in your party, no matter who's there, she's your girl :) Tripping Mission was just priceless, and Carth laughing his ass off her losing her lightsaber just made me rotfl. I never tried her in the same team as Zaalbar, but I wouldn't be surprised if she found something to argue even with the overgrown carpet.
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#42 Belladonna

Belladonna
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

Carth was a whiney little man that I disliked with a passion. Why can't you kick out party members in the Kotor games like you can in the BG? Please!
Posted Image
Through inner peace leads to enlightenment.
Alora a mod in progress by yours truly.
My food mod.

#43 lemonio

lemonio
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

definitly bastila. such a pompous self-righteous @#$!%!
i really hated her. and she thought she loved me. pityful. i don't even remember if i killed her. she really bothered me trying to boss everyone around.
i loved hk-47 though. he was great!
Twenty-two astronauts were born in Ohio. What is it about your state that makes people want to flee the earth?
-Stephen Colbert

#44 Zanatoz

Zanatoz
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

Goto,not available in this poll but yeah,he's the one npc out the of 2 games i would have like to eject out the trash suit,forcing himself on you with his terrorist tactics and then he fries tm3.

The guys i miss are mission and her wookie buddy...I guess it's cause she gives off that little sister vibe in relation to your char,anyway always enjoyed having her in my group.

Now on bastilla,I really would like her back in,while they tried to replace her as the female interest in kotor 2 with three other females,all of them could not manage to recapture what one bastilla did,Some perceive her as arrogant smug...bitchy,but the truth is you guys may not be picking up on her complex character

when you first meet her on taris she denies you saved her right then and there even though she saw it with her own eyes and there allot of others there who saw the same and finally gives in...sorta,she spends most of the rest of the game giving you lectures over how to behave as a jedi when she herself walks very much in the shadow of he darkside,IE her attitude,thus why she is so easily corrupted...also because the entire jedi way of things are seriously flawed....,She act all serious and stuff yet when you tease her she actually likes it even though she says otherwise...truth is i just knew her char would react that way i was able to quickly pick up on her personality,and then when she should hold back at having feelings for revan she can't and won't,her char is always in contradiction with herself making her an interesting personality, i guess also you say she was childish acting very stiff and proper while being someone different inside...i guess i as i could see right through this i found it cute.

Yeah i know allot about my thoughts on bastilla but since i always see in a forum negative things about her i thought i'd share my perspective.

I was wondering if anyone felt like me that your so called allies in kotor2 some of which become your padawans,gave you no respect, I mean they gave some lip which some as your padwans should not be doing...that kinda makes you feel like not playing another round of the game, mira was the more rude of the girls,gato...well makes you want to shoot him annon seemed to have pms sometimes kreia got a tad annoying with her assumptions and lecturing,yeah i know why is she annoying and bastilla not?because she is that,it's her true self, not a facet of her self or a front like bastilla,the jedi Council well let's just say that despite being an overzealous lightsider i would have like to put them away personally and might i add i don't believe that crap about stunning you...i mean they're a bunch of wimps...that and i take offense that they lure you there to ambush you...jedi huh? showin ther true colors....

others i'd like to return are brianna(handmaiden) visas and jolee....oh baodur was cool as well..weak in combat though

the return of the exile and revan is wanted for sure

#45 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

If I remember correctly I voted almost a year ago for T3-M4(or was it Zaalbar, but either way) and the reason was that I didn't like it/his speech.

And here is my analysis on what's what in KotOR I:
Being a power gamer I always toke the Jedies more, because they are better.

Bastila Shan; the only time I went through her romance, the %&"#¤% kissed me and for that she got a lightsabre into her gut. Ahh, the happy endings!
Canderous Ordo; I liked his stories, and although he was bad warrior, I liked him.
Carth Onasi; the coward ran away, it's all I can say... I liked his stories as I played on a good male char, but his romance wasn't entertaining, so I... toke the dark side.
HK-47; Good storries too, but I was mostly a Jedi Guardian with Int 8, so i couldn't get the updates an storries without cheating.
Jolee Bindo; Nice storries, although I would have expected a little more constructive critisism from him at the dark side ending...
Juhani, The second best warrior in the game, after my 2 level soldier/18 level Jedi Guardian of course.
Mission Vao, well she as nice at the start, but... she wasn't good fighter so she was left to the ship most of the time. Aah and her brother, well in the end I send the HK-47 to look for him, to my surprice it returned "empty handed", although it was carrying it's weapon, and a few extra credits. I didn't ask what had happened, I already knew.
T3-M4, the only time it was of value, was with a certain opening. <_<
Zaalbar, "Ggrraah!" "Shut up and kill the blue octopus already..."
:devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#46 outoflives

outoflives
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

Mission, totally worthless throughout the game although she did come close to beating Carth down on taris :devil: but still even Zalbar is better than her
"Idea for last song.......................... ever, killed by a troll"
Nathan Explosion
DeathKlok

"Who cares?"
Some guy on the street

"Magic cannot be used like that!" "I will tolerate your ignorance no longer!" "Find someone else to teach you the limits of magic!"
Jaheira