Photo

Are you still playing Baldur's Gate series?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Baldur's Gate series still do it for ya? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Still a player?

1. Yes (51 votes [89.47%])

Percentage of vote: 89.47%

2. No (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

Still playing it, still modding it..... just started Classic Adventures. When that's done, it'll be back to BG1 but in TuTu guise and with a party that I've not run through before. Something like <CHARNAME> as a cleric instead of my usual mage, Finch, Indira, Edwin, Xan and ANO not decided.

-Y-

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:37 AM

Hehheh, it seems that I and Seb are the only ones who DON'T play it... :D

#23 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:46 AM

29 for Yes, 2 for No.

Seems like Baldur's Gate is still alive :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#24 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:11 AM

Seems like Baldur's Gate is still alive :)

you'd hope that ppl on a BG forum were still playing the bloody thing, hey? asking this question on a WoW forum might get different results, but here, you'd hope most ppl were still playing it...

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#25 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:24 AM

asking this question on a WoW forum might get different results

They'll ask what Baldur's Gate is.

Poor kids. Never played a real computer game.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#26 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

Still Playing it Because I have only recently discovered the world of modding and am eager to plunder its riches!

#27 Hety

Hety
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:10 AM

Dont touch WoW :) It gives ppl ability to powerplay and then go back, relax and roleplay :)

But mostly yes. Ignorance at its finest.

And yes, i do play BG1/2. They pwn.
GIEF EPEX! © Believe @ Lightning' Blade(WoW)

I often type on shitty keyboards and in dark places. So dont mind my typos. PLEASE.

kkthxbye...

#28 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

Still play it and hope that my mod will give another small kickstart, though it will take a lot more time still (also forum is very quiet = not stimulating; only me coding = lot to do, sometimes fed up for a while.)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

Strange... I feel like playing it again. Getting mods and getting it up and running as I type this. :D

Yeah, now I'm playing it again. Some nice surprises with the mods installed.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 12 March 2006 - 06:35 AM.

#30 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

Archmage Silver why don't you give Classic Adventures a try. It is a Total conversion which I think you may enjoy.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#31 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:47 AM

Ah I've stopped playing it for quite a while now, only because I hardly have time to. However, I'm still v interested in the game and lurking around in the forums.

#32 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:21 AM

Archmage Silver why don't you give Classic Adventures a try. It is a Total conversion which I think you may enjoy.

Yep, I've thought of that... maybe I should give it a try, I hear Sir BB really did a great job there.

#33 Windigo

Windigo
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

I have been meaning to get back into my IWD game. I had started playing BG, but after i got BGII and IWD, i decided to play the games in chronological order, so thats pretty much what I will be doing. I would have finished them all a long time ago, but moving around, working a lot of hours and having a family has greatly dropped my game playing time. That and not having a computer for a couple of years didn't help either.

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:44 AM

I have been meaning to get back into my IWD game. I had started playing BG, but after i got BGII and IWD, i decided to play the games in chronological order, so thats pretty much what I will be doing. I would have finished them all a long time ago, but moving around, working a lot of hours and having a family has greatly dropped my game playing time. That and not having a computer for a couple of years didn't help either.

Not having a computer for a couple of years?! How did you survive? Yes, I can't survive without a PC... too addicted. :P

#35 Windigo

Windigo
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:28 AM

Not having a computer for a couple of years?! How did you survive? Yes, I can't survive without a PC... too addicted. :P

LMAo, you never grew up in my house. I was barely allowed to touch the computers my dad got unless I was fixing it, or upgrading it for him. Outside of that, i never was allowed to really play with it, unless he felt kind enough to allow me to play Doom and Unreal. Up till then it had only been my Sega Master System, Sega Genesis or the old TRS-80 which I had very few games for. After I moved out, I couldn't afford to buy a computer, let alone feed support myself. So instead of staying at home, I found myself back on the streets hanging with either the friends I made when I moved or my old crew. The joys of growing up in Toronto getting a street education. lmao

#36 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:46 AM

LMAo, you never grew up in my house. I was barely allowed to touch the computers my dad got unless I was fixing it, or upgrading it for him. Outside of that, i never was allowed to really play with it, unless he felt kind enough to allow me to play Doom and Unreal. Up till then it had only been my Sega Master System, Sega Genesis or the old TRS-80 which I had very few games for. After I moved out, I couldn't afford to buy a computer, let alone feed support myself. So instead of staying at home, I found myself back on the streets hanging with either the friends I made when I moved or my old crew. The joys of growing up in Toronto getting a street education. lmao

Heh heh... well, you obviously are a bit older than me, eh? Yeah, I really can't imagine living without some kind of a PC for me to use... my first PC was a Intel 486.

#37 Windigo

Windigo
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:01 AM

My first comp was the Tandy TRS-80 color. My first built one was an upgrade from a 286 to a 486. I am 33 years old, so that should answer whose older. lmao... Oh and if i could get back in touch with a lot of my old crew, i'd probably be offline more and out of the house a lot. Though I think my wife and kids would get pissed at me being gone a fair bit and possibly getting myself in trouble again.

Edited by Windigo, 16 March 2006 - 07:05 AM.

#38 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:45 AM

My first comp was the Tandy TRS-80 color. My first built one was an upgrade from a 286 to a 486. I am 33 years old, so that should answer whose older. lmao... Oh and if i could get back in touch with a lot of my old crew, i'd probably be offline more and out of the house a lot. Though I think my wife and kids would get pissed at me being gone a fair bit and possibly getting myself in trouble again.

Well, I'm 17 so you're almost twice as old as me, plus I don't live in the States but Finland instead.

#39 Windigo

Windigo
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:15 AM

hmm, should i start to assume then I am one of the oldest on this forum? either way, i am goingt o re-install IWD this weekend and hopefully my save game will still be working. once I get that done then i am going to look into either IWD II, or BG1. The biggest issue I always run into in these games is a good party to play with...

#40 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:16 AM

hmm, should i start to assume then I am one of the oldest on this forum?

Not a chance. We have a very large span of ages. :P

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner