Photo

Installation order for the new stuff

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Ali

Ali
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

The following way is absolutely clean (ignore unnecessary mods if you don't want to install them):

1) ToB+offic. patch
2) G3 FixPack Beta 2 (or BDash-WeiDU).
3) SoS v1.11/TDD v1.11/CtB v1.8/RoT v2.0/TS-BP v6.09/BGT-WeiDU v1.01 - in any order
5) Install ANY other mods you want here (be sure they're truly WeiDU and don't ruin anything).
6) BP v1.77 Public BETA
7) Worldmap, latest version (v6.3)
8) If you want you may activate preferable GUI at this point - just run GUI-Switcher.

Please note that NeJ2 is still partially incompatible with this bunch....Install it without CtB if you wish and with all requirements of its own.

Some tips:
- original TS v6.07(08,09) is NOT compatible with the listed mods. Never install them togeteher. Install TS-BP v6.09 instead that is an adaptation of the original for mega-install;
- all necessary fixes for the listed mods are mentioned in my signature. Don't invent anything...

Hi KD!
I have a question about this order

1) ToB+offic. patch
3) SoS v1.11/TDD v1.11/CtB v1.8
4) Install ANY other mods you want here

5) BP v1.77
6) Worldmap v6.3
1pp/ajocsminimod/ascension/bagbonus/bonskiss/bw_herbs/clearfogofwar/questpack/deeper soa/g3anniversary/improved horns/keto nps/kelsey nps/king dutka/mordan xmas/munchmod/npc tweak/npckit/oversight/planarspheremod/redemption/unfinished buisness/weimer ease/item upgreade/underrep/.
after i install this i have a big problem with map
all locations are entangled and have very long names(phrases)
and after chapter 6 bodhi doesn`t appear on the graveyard

#22 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:46 AM

Hi KD!
I have a question about this order

1) ToB+offic. patch

5) BP v1.77
6) Worldmap v6.3
1pp/ajocsminimod/ascension/bagbonus/bonskiss/bw_herbs/clearfogofwar/questpack/deeper soa/g3anniversary/improved horns/keto nps/kelsey nps/king dutka/mordan xmas/munchmod/npc tweak/npckit/oversight/planarspheremod/redemption/unfinished buisness/weimer ease/item upgreade/underrep/.
after i install this i have a big problem with map
all locations are entangled and have very long names(phrases)
and after chapter 6 bodhi doesn`t appear on the graveyard

gah! did you actually read what you quoted, Ali? if what you say is correct, and you've installed the worldmap before 1pp/ajocsminimod/ascension/bagbonus.... etc, then it's no wonder everything is screwed up: you've broken yr install.

the worldmap has to be installed last. last, last, last. all these mods: 1pp/ajocsminimod/ascension/bagbonus.. etc, go in

then BPv177, then the worldmap, then start a new game

the only way yr going to fix yr game from this point it to uninstall the worldmap and every mod you installed after it, then re-install those mods, but make sure the worldmap is last, then start a new game. but yr probably better off doing a complete reinstall, as you've stuffed yr current install.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#23 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:03 AM

seanas is right.

And I'll tell you more, Ali.
(be sure they're truly WeiDU and don't ruin anything).
That is a major part of paragraph 4), not "Install ANY other mods you want here '

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#24 Ali

Ali
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:00 AM

i`m very sorry!!! :doh:
now my real install order!!!
1) ToB+offic. patch
4) Install ANY other mods you want here 1pp/ajocsminimod/ascension/bagbonus/bonskiss/bw_herbs/clearfogofwar/questpack/deeper soa/g3anniversary/improved horns/keto nps/kelsey nps/king dutka/mordan xmas/munchmod/npc tweak/npckit/oversight/planarspheremod/redemption/unfinished buisness/weimer ease/item upgreade/underrep/.
5) BP v1.77
6) Worldmap v6.3
excuse me again!) ;)

#25 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:05 AM

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22224

lots of useful stuff in there, some of the mods you are installing have compatibility issues and they are discussed in that other thread.

ronin

#26 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:25 AM

Any other mod you can recommend to install with the listed ones. And, will i get most out of Neverending journey or Check the bodies ?

#27 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:04 AM

Im having trouble with the installation. Everything works fine until Irenicus is supposed to enter the film sequence just in the beginning. Everything seems to work, sounds and the people in the background are moving, but Irenicus doesnīt show up. I have followed and installed everything in the list, except bgt-weidu.

#28 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

Sounds familiar. Please post your weidu.log

#29 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:48 AM

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.8
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.0
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.0
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

Edit: I installed the Dungeon Be Gone after i realised that Irenicus didnīt show up, but it didnīt help.

Edited by Urghhh, 02 December 2006 - 05:49 AM.

#30 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:53 AM

I have tried to reinstall in different ways but the same thing happens. Could it be a special module i shouldnīt install

#31 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:07 AM

I have tried to reinstall in different ways but the same thing happens. Could it be a special module i shouldnīt install

Can you upload your NEWGAME.BCS, I'll take a look.

#32 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:07 AM

Searched through the whole dir, but canīt find any Newgame.bcs

#33 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hereīs a post from Beerish, long time ago tho, but the same problem im having:

quote:
Whenever I start a new game the game stays in cutscene mode in Chateau Irenicus (I wait ages, but nothing happens (I've heard you're supposed to be sent to Candlekeep-how?)). My game is fully patched, and has mods installed in the following order:

~~~All mods are WEiDU~~~

ToB patch
Baldurdash fixpack v.1.5
Shadows over Soubar v.105 + latest patch
The Darkest Day v.105 + latest patch + Check the Bodies compatibility fix
Check the Bodies v.160 + latest patch
Zyraen's Miscellany v.1
Unfinished Business v.14
Dungeon-Be-Gone v.1.4
Quest Pack v.2.21
Ascension v.1.41
Item Upgrades (latest version)
Boards-O-magick Item Pack (latest version)
Turnabout v.1
Banter Pack v.6
Expanded Thief Stronghold v.2.8 + The Darkest day fix
Kelsey SoA v.2.1
Kelsey ToB v.2.2

What do I need to do/is the problem?
Endquote//

#34 Urghhh

Urghhh
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:27 AM

So, when i install these big mods. Should i remove the setup.exe file from the directory or leave it be when i install a new mod.

Anyways, i tried to reinstall but the same thing happens (or not happens) Irenicus doesnīt show up, so im stuck in the opening scene with only the inprisoned charcaters moving around in their cells.

Edited by Urghhh, 25 December 2006 - 08:41 AM.

#35 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:27 PM

So, when i install these big mods. Should i remove the setup.exe file from the directory or leave it be when i install a new mod.

Anyways, i tried to reinstall but the same thing happens (or not happens) Irenicus doesnīt show up, so im stuck in the opening scene with only the inprisoned charcaters moving around in their cells.

Please attach your AR0602.bcs file

It takes a village...

#36 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

The following way is absolutely clean (ignore unnecessary mods if you don't want to install them):

1) ToB+offic. patch
3) SoS v1.11/TDD v1.11/CtB v1.8/RoT v2.0/TS-BP v6.09/BGT-WeiDU v1.01 - in any order
5) Install ANY other mods you want here (be sure they're truly WeiDU and don't ruin anything).
6) BP v1.77 Public BETA
8) If you want you may activate preferable GUI at this point - just run GUI-Switcher.

Please note that NeJ2 is still partially incompatible with this bunch....Install it without CtB if you wish and with all requirements of its own.

Some tips:
- original TS v6.07(08,09) is NOT compatible with the listed mods. Never install them togeteher. Install TS-BP v6.09 instead that is an adaptation of the original for mega-install;
- all necessary fixes for the listed mods are mentioned in my signature. Don't invent anything...

Ok I've installed everything on this list except the TDD v1.11. It just won't work for me. Problems so far:

1. When starting new BG2 game, after char creation, the cut scene just hangs (it loads...then briefly shows irenicus's dungeon then loads again to nothing but black)
2. The map (when i load a previous game just to see if it works) is off. Athkatla shows in the middle of the sea of swords.
3. When I loaded it minus bgt it worked, but the "westchar" mission once i got it and looked at map, no Westchar on the map.

I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Do I HAVE to load TDD? Do i HAVE to use the worldmap v6.4?

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

1) ToB+offic. patch
6) BP v1.77 Public BETA

Some tips:

Ok I've installed everything on this list except the TDD v1.11. It just won't work for me. Problems so far:

1. When starting new BG2 game, after char creation, the cut scene just hangs (it loads...then briefly shows irenicus's dungeon then loads again to nothing but black)
2. The map (when i load a previous game just to see if it works) is off. Athkatla shows in the middle of the sea of swords.
3. When I loaded it minus bgt it worked, but the "westchar" mission once i got it and looked at map, no Westchar on the map.

I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Do I HAVE to load TDD? Do i HAVE to use the worldmap v6.4?

Will list what I loaded and in which order here if it will help:

1. BG1 + TOSC w/ patch
2. BG2 SoA + TOB w/patch
3. G3 fix pack
4. RoT 2.0 + fix (had to use King Diamonds fix to get a new game to work)
5. CtB 1.8 minus chores
6. SoS v 1.11
7. BGT-WeiDU v1.02f
8. SoBH v2.05
9. BP v1.77
10. G3 Tweaks (minus rule changes)
11. Worldmap v 6.4
12. GUI - RoT

#38 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

1) ToB+offic. patch
6) BP v1.77 Public BETA

Some tips:

1. BG1 + TOSC w/ patch
2. BG2 SoA + TOB w/patch
3. G3 fix pack
5. CtB 1.8 minus chores
6. SoS v 1.11
7. BGT-WeiDU v1.02f
8. SoBH v2.05
9. BP v1.77
11. Worldmap v 6.4
12. GUI - RoT

Ok I lied. I started a new BG2 game and let it sit for 10 minutes and it went through the artemis/jarlaxle dialog, but then Irenicus fails to come in after and do his whole "you get experimented on" thing. I can't select my character and nothing happens. And the map is still off (showing athkatla in the middle of the sea of swords)

#39 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

1) ToB+offic. patch
6) BP v1.77 Public BETA

Some tips:

1. BG1 + TOSC w/ patch
2. BG2 SoA + TOB w/patch
3. G3 fix pack
5. CtB 1.8 minus chores
6. SoS v 1.11
7. BGT-WeiDU v1.02f
8. SoBH v2.05
9. BP v1.77
11. Worldmap v 6.4
12. GUI - RoT

Ok I lied. I started a new BG2 game and let it sit for 10 minutes and it went through the artemis/jarlaxle dialog, but then Irenicus fails to come in after and do his whole "you get experimented on" thing. I can't select my character and nothing happens. And the map is still off (showing athkatla in the middle of the sea of swords)

Ok I just tried again while sitting at the computer. After the second "loading" it supposed to go to cutscene with Jarlaxle and Artemis Entreri but it just stays black for a while. Then it reloads and I'm in the cell and the text box shows that they did their cutscene, but I cannot select my guy and Irenicus never comes in to torture me and it just hangs there.

#40 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

Sorry for your frustration. The hanging scene problems were just recently resolved. Read this - http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24104 - thread for solutions.

You've have to make the changes, and re-install your list from the beginning. But it'll be worth it.