Photo

Installation order for the new stuff

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:42 PM

Sorry for your frustration. The hanging scene problems were just recently resolved. Read this - http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24104 - thread for solutions.

You've have to make the changes, and re-install your list from the beginning. But it'll be worth it.

I have to reinstall starting at bgt? or all the way back at bg1 (sorry for the newb question).

#42 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sorry for your frustration. The hanging scene problems were just recently resolved. Read this - http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24104 - thread for solutions.

You've have to make the changes, and re-install your list from the beginning. But it'll be worth it.

Also, any idea why the map would be off? I can ask in RoT why the Westchar doesn't show up I guess.

Thanks for the help thus far :)

#43 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

From the beginning. And recreate or import the character you've made - in other words, don't use a previous save once you've reloaded all your mods. Start a new game.

(This is advice for n00bs of course. More experienced foxes have workarounds up their paws.)

The map is "off" due to re-installing. This is a normal consequence. So just start afresh, all will be well.

#44 -Breaka-

-Breaka-

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:59 AM

From the beginning. And recreate or import the character you've made - in other words, don't use a previous save once you've reloaded all your mods. Start a new game.

(This is advice for n00bs of course. More experienced foxes have workarounds up their paws.)

The map is "off" due to re-installing. This is a normal consequence. So just start afresh, all will be well.

Ok I am in the process of reinstalling everything including the out of box games. Thanks for your help Azazello. Hopefully this fixes it.

I'm kind of confused by all the instructions for the various pieces and parts. Apparently, if I install the happy modder option then I don't need to do the fix for that freeze. However, the latest version of RoT you still have to change the 0602.Baf's and entjar1.baf right?

Is there an in-depth walk-through for this huge install process? An up-to-date one i mean. I'm using the BP_Mega_install_instructions_111906.doc I found here, but if that doesn't work I may just shoot myself after burning my computer and dancing around it naked. And NOBODY wants that, I assure you :)

#45 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

2. The map (when i load a previous game just to see if it works) is off. Athkatla shows in the middle of the sea of swords.
3. When I loaded it minus bgt it worked, but the "westchar" mission once i got it and looked at map, no Westchar on the map.

I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Do I HAVE to load TDD? Do i HAVE to use the worldmap v6.4?

no, you don't have to use TDD.

yes, you have to use Worldmap v6.4.

yes, you absolutely have to start a new game once you alter the worldmap (as the worldmap is stored in yr saved game).

if you still have map errors after starting a new game, be sure that you haven't installed the worldmap fixes from G3 Tweak.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#46 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Is there an in-depth walk-through for this huge install process? An up-to-date one i mean. I'm using the BP_Mega_install_instructions_111906.doc I found here, but if that doesn't work I may just shoot myself after burning my computer and dancing around it naked. And NOBODY wants that, I assure you :)

That's the best guide we got, one of the best ever created. If you want it updated, you could contribute to the community by updating it with the trials and tribulations you've had to go thru. We'll all luv ya for it. Really. :whistling:

#47 Folex

Folex
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Kudos to KD for making this list and those who went through the hell of testing different combinations.

Too bad I didn't stumble upon this the first time I attempted a massive mod installation.

#48 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

I've been reading the BP forums. In particular the bug list. It seems that BPv177 is still quite buggy. Should it be avoided entirely? Are there some components of it that are safer than others? I'm primarily interested in the AI enhancments. I can take or leave the other content.

Any guidance here would be appreciated, as I am attempting my first mega-install, and would like to avoid particularly buggy mods.

#49 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

Research thru here: http://www.shsforums...p?showforum=192