• 4538 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Fully voiced sounds good to be, I placed an order for it yesterday. *waits*

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:32 AM

My order came in today, and my first impression was, "Oh! That is Jean-Luc Picard speaking! I mean...Patrick Stewart!" But anyway, since my computer is still currently very crappy, I have every single setting at the absolute minimum, and I swear the graphics look awful! :)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:02 AM

My order came in today, and my first impression was, "Oh! That is Jean-Luc Picard speaking! I mean...Patrick Stewart!" But anyway, since my computer is still currently very crappy, I have every single setting at the absolute minimum, and I swear the graphics look awful! :)

Omg is Picard -- I mean Stewart voice acting in Oblivion? :woot: Too cool.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#24 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:14 AM

Yep, though AFAIK he only does the voice for the Emperor, so you don't really hear much of him.

Sean "Boromir" Bean voices his son, too :).

#25 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:35 AM

Yep, though AFAIK he only does the voice for the Emperor, so you don't really hear much of him.

:woot: OMG can't wait till tomorrow (that's when I'll get the game). :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:47 AM

You really didn't know that? :D What about Terence "General Zod" Stamp or Lynda "Wonder Woman" Carter? Please don't tell me you missed out on those too... :P Well, they seriously r0x0r. :cheers:

#27 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:20 AM

Lynda Carter actually did voice work for Morrowind and Bloodmoon too; pretty much every female Nord is her :).

#28 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

*Calls off the hit men*

;)

Does this mean I can fire the bodyguard?
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#29 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:08 PM

*Calls off the hit men*

;)

For now...

[plug]Also, all you people who are buying the game feel free to discuss it in the Elder Scrolls section of our wonderful forums. [/plug]

Edited by Tom, 28 March 2006 - 05:08 PM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#30 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

*Calls off the hit men*

;)

Your bodyguard is Tom's hitman. :ph34r:

I'm going to wait until the hype dies down, the reviews become more content-based than appearance-based, and the hardware becomes cheaper. ^_^

#31 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

:woot: ooh? My copy would only come end of the month. Argh.. Not too sure if the game's going to sit well on my computer as well. I have a two year old machine. :unsure:

#32 Black Mage

Black Mage

Stabbity Hadoken!

• 167 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

it just tends to get buried under the overwhelming fanboyism.

Which is why I came here instead :)

http://www.elderscro...howtopic=305385

Trust me.
Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

#33 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:21 PM

Just in case any of you were worrying about how it will run, my computer is a P4 2.8 ghz 1gig of RAM and a 6600gt, and Oblivion runs like a charm.

Also, take a look at the link above. Its a fairly comprehensive review, although keep in mind that its just one person's opinion, and I don't agree with some of the things he says.

Edited by Tom, 29 March 2006 - 09:23 PM.

And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#34 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:54 AM

not so much a roleplaying game

:(

P4 2.8 ghz 1gig of RAM and a 6600gt, and Oblivion runs like a charm.

Mine is an AMD Athlon 2,4GHz (2GHz approximately) with 1,5gig of RAM and a GeForce 6600gt, so it sounds as though our systems are fairly alike.

Well, I'm getting it somewhere tommorrow/saturday/sunday, so we'll see :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#35 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:23 AM

I am satisfied with it so far. It has some neat advantages compared to Morrowind and only a few disadvantages, and I did like Morrowind (and Daggerfall) a lot. I have not progressed enough to comment on the dynamic levelling system yet.

I am also impressed by how well it runs on this relatively old computer.

-Echon

#36 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:29 AM

I had a few problems with my unarmored mage as his health wasn't very high when I leveled... the newly leveled enemies beat me too easy sometimes, although I did manage to overcome that with some tactics. At higher levels it isn't so bad for me anymore, spells do a lot more damage then.

#37 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:32 AM

Getting it tomorrow.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#38 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

Gotta tell you guys, I got it yesterday and I love it! I love playing a rogue in any RPG's, and Oblivion seems to be a rogues heaven. :D I love what they've done to improve especially sneaking. Lockpicking is also innovative but somehow I haven't been able to pick any other than the "very easy" locks myself. I've had to use the automatic picking and thus breaked a lot of lockpicks. If anyone knows how to do it - give me a hint. My problem is that the mouse or rather the cursor won't move fast enough, it gets stuck for a very short moment after lifting one tumbler, but that's long enough not be able to get another tumbler up as well. Bah.

#39 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:37 AM

If you hit a tumbler up you'll notice that sometimes it comes down again quickly, and sometimes it stays up for a while. What you have to do (I think) is click when it stays up for a while. Just tap it a bit, watch for one which falls quickly, then tap it up again and click. Its hard to explain, and chances are you'll be more confused now than you were before, but there you have it :P

My lockpicking skill is 18 and I manage to pick even average locks (3 tumblers) most of the time without breaking a pick.
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#40 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:46 AM

If you hit a tumbler up you'll notice that sometimes it comes down again quickly, and sometimes it stays up for a while. What you have to do (I think) is click when it stays up for a while. Just tap it a bit, watch for one which falls quickly, then tap it up again and click. Its hard to explain, and chances are you'll be more confused now than you were before, but there you have it :P

My lockpicking skill is 18 and I manage to pick even average locks (3 tumblers) most of the time without breaking a pick.

Thanks! But actually I got frustrated last evening, and so I just tried out everything (and breaked a few more lockpicks) and then I realized that you gotta click when a tumbler is up! Whoohoo! I made a real victory dance here and now I've picked pretty difficult locks already without breaking lockpicks. :)