Photo

Can't enter Haeball's tower

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:48 AM

When I'm trying to enter the gibberling's Tower in Larswood, I can't do it. It even doesn't begin to load this location... there isn't an error message, it get's back to windows, but application is still "working"... I've got NTotSC v.142... what's wrong?

I tried to remove Haeball with NI, but It didn't help:|
Posted Image

#2 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:26 AM

Had the same problem but thought that it wasnt NToTSC problem as my install is a way overmoded :).
But if someone other had this problem then maybe it wasn`t my install

#3 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:30 AM

Had the same problem but thought that it wasnt NToTSC problem as my install is a way overmoded .
But if someone other had this problem then maybe it wasn`t my install

same here

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

Anybody want to give a clue about what version of BGT you have? DS and NT have not been tested with 1.0 yet.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:55 PM

Anybody want to give a clue about what version of BGT you have? DS and NT have not been tested with 1.0 yet.

I assume ALL have BGT v1.0 installed reading their threads around with their logs ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#6 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:47 AM

yeah i have 1.00

#7 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:09 AM

me too

#8 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:27 AM

with bgt v.zeta it was good, but now I have 1.00 like others
Posted Image

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

Well then I guess the easy answer is to create a patch that adds the missing gnoll CRE file back into the game.

Anything else you all have found?

Classic Adventures

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Well then I guess the easy answer is to create a patch that adds the missing gnoll CRE file back into the game.

Anything else you all have found?

Gnoll02.cre file is missing but afaik it causes crashes for BH1300 area (so far at least 'cause i'm testing with few spare time :whistling: ) ... is it needed for that NTotSC area too?

mm75

PS: is the "original" BG1 .cre file to put on override or there is "somewhat" different .cre files?

#11 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:58 AM

i would also know where to find this file;)

#12 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

i would also know where to find this file;)

In original BG1 game :P anyway here it comes :

mm75

Attached Files

#13 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:06 AM

What do I have to do with this file?

I put this in Override folder and it doesn't help:P
Posted Image

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

No, the gnoll is needed for SoBH because it seems to be missing from BGT 1.0. As for Haebal's area, I don't know what is causing this. Is it still the same AR#### filename or did it somehow change? I will see about creating a 1.0 game so I can figure out the problem with his tower. By the way, the area for him is AR9001, so assuming your game did install NTotSC correctly, this area should exist if you CLUA over to it.

Classic Adventures

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

Alright gang, sorry but I can't duplicate your problem. I just created a game with BGTv1.0, DSotSC 1.81, NTotSC 1.42, SoBH 2.02, Worldmap 5, and BG1NPC 11.1. I was able to enter the tower and talk to Haebal. I did discover that his store is missing an item. I think it is a TDD scroll, so some of you may not see that there is a blank item for sale (doesn't cost anything and has a blank icon and description). Some of you may see this item, I haven't rebuilt with TDD-Weidu yet to test this.

Anyways, I don't know what else you all may have tried to install that could be causing this. Please remembe that the enterance should change the mouse pointer to stairs when you do enter his place. Also, I had to point someone to the lower center of the tower, not the left edge. I don't know if that is why some of you can't get inside.

Classic Adventures

#16 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:53 AM

but we get those things:) when we are trying to enter the tower the game just exits to windows...
i`ve also installed sirenes call and grey clan episode 1

Edited by dragonian, 05 April 2006 - 02:54 AM.

#17 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

It only chrashes immediatly upon loading the area, i checked it with dltcep and it seems that haeball as a wrong animation assigned or at least it doesn't get regonised by dltcep. i changed it to the monk animation and tried to enter the tower, still chrashes. then i created haeball outside the tower to see if haeball was still the problem.
haeball worked correctly after changing the animation, so something else has to be the cause of the problem, unfortunately i can't give any more information since i already reinstalled everything, but left out everything that had to do with bgt.
edit: after correcting haeballs animation and creating him outside the tower i also noticed that he had a missing item from his store.
edit2: i had the mega modification installed with some other mods so i can't say which mod was causing this, somewhere arround the bp+bgt forum should be my install log. and from looking at what you wrote i would guess it's a mega modification problem.

Edited by Kamui2040, 05 April 2006 - 03:21 AM.

#18 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:38 AM

Could anybody send me a file AR9001.ARE? (veladorn@gmail.com)

I worked with this file... and I didn't make a backup:|

Edited by Valfar, 07 April 2006 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image

#19 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

Um i did complete reinstall of mods and now i can enter the towe without problems...

#20 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:50 AM

is there any way to fix it without reinstalling of mods?:|
Posted Image