Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:00 AM

i`ll attach my area to the post try using it

Attached Files

#22 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:57 PM

Is it possible that one of the other mods (not one of mine) also adds an area AR9100? If so, that would explain the problem. Also, are you all biffing the files? It may be that the ambient sound file (AM_2101) isn't being found during load and so the area crashes. You will find this file in the NTotSC/WAV folder. If you already biffed, copy this file back into the override folder. If you didn't biff, verify the file is there.

I do see that the monk animation hex address has changed so DLTCEP does give an error message. However, best I can tell, the game engine doesn't use this setting anyway, it uses whatever the CRE file has defined. If you check other areas, you will see that many CREs are assigned the first animation slot of Fire Ring, but of course you don't see that in the game. Maybe the ARE file uses this if the CRE doesn't have an animation assigned to it? Don't know but I find ambients to be the major problem of any area crash.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#23 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

Last time i used biffer this time i didn`t.

#24 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

I've copied AM_2101.WAV to Override, but it doesn't help :|

edit:
I have copied these files:
AR9001SR.bmp
AR9001LM.bmp
AR9001HT.bmp
AR9001.wed
ar9001.tis
AR9001.mos
and it helped ;]

I don't know which file was the cause of this problem, but now it works

Edited by Valfar, 08 April 2006 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image

#25 rebelst

rebelst
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:13 AM

I've copied AM_2101.WAV to Override, but it doesn't help :|

edit:
I have copied these files:
AR9001SR.bmp
AR9001LM.bmp
AR9001HT.bmp
AR9001.wed
ar9001.tis
AR9001.mos
and it helped ;]

I don't know which file was the cause of this problem, but now it works

It's the TIS file. I noticed it didn't show up when I looked in NI. Copy AR9001.TIS over from NTOSC dir and everything works fine. I had same problem with AR9002.TIS. I'm guessing these two didn't get biffed - but can't see why not.

#26 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:21 PM

Yep, got the very same on my install ... unfortunately i biffed ALL .tis files, but this shoud not be done ;)

So for everyone who can find other/similar problems during the game, keep into consideration if they have biffed .tis files or not,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#27 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

I see it now. These two areas are so small that I never TIZ'd them but when you run the biff batch file, it thinks they were so it biffs a TIS file that has a header in it. TIS files have to have the header removed first. So I guess the best solution is to go ahead and TIZ them so they can be biffed later. Since I don't biff my games (no performance problems on my dual-core AMD with 2GB of RAM), I don't see these types of bugs.

I will see about making some TIZ files and uploading them here. If you have already biffed your files, ignore them; if not, they will work.

Classic Adventures

#28 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:16 PM

Here are the 2 TIZ files. Extract this into your NTotSC\TIZ folder.

For now, the files will still be installed from the Area folder. I will fix this in the next version. The NTareas.bat file has to be updated also in the next version.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#29 Fred

Fred
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

Here are the 2 TIZ files. Extract this into your NTotSC\TIZ folder.

For now, the files will still be installed from the Area folder. I will fix this in the next version. The NTareas.bat file has to be updated also in the next version.

I hate to start off complaining, so first:

THANKS, Sir BillyBob, for the work you're doing and how you respond to problems so quickly! I started playing "The Big Picture" with lots of mods about a month ago (after spending the requisite 2 solid days trying to figure out what people were talking about & how stuff worked), and your posts have been much more helpful than most people's in assisting me.

Having said that, I found this thread because I also could not enter this tower. I download your .tiz files and put them in the folder, but that didn't help. I then ran tizunpack.exe, not really knowing what it did, but found two similarly-named .tis files (not sure if they were there before I ran the .exe or not) and copied them into my "overrides" folder.

Works now!

#30 andy d.

andy d.
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

Fred - can you expand on what you just said?
I also followed the "Can't get into Haeball's f**kin' Tower" thread to no avail... What is the tizunpack.exe thing all about???
I'm about to uninstall everything and try a new big install...I want to minimize the threat of CTDs...I don't mind minor glitches... hate f**king CTDs...
Listen to Crass

#31 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:41 AM

A TIZ file is a compressed version of the TIS file. TIS is the "tileset" or area graphics that your party walks on. So if a file is a TIZ, use the tizunpack.exe file (found in the NTotSC folder) to extract the TIS file. Then place that file into the override folder. I could have uploaded the files as TIS but I wasn't sure if the filesize would be larger than what I am allowed to post at one time.

Classic Adventures

#32 andy d.

andy d.
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:16 PM

tizunpack.exe doesnt seem to work...just flashes on and off.
Never mind! What ever that was it appeared to do the trick...Could that work for other area CTDs?
(Thanks SBB and Fred)

Edited by andy d., 02 May 2006 - 05:34 PM.

Listen to Crass

#33 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:17 AM

Possibly but what are those other areas? This is the only one I remember as having a problem when you biff the files.

Classic Adventures

#34 andy d.

andy d.
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:32 AM

I had a problem re-entering Friendly Arm after Chptr:2...got a CTD and a corrupted SAV. Do any of your mods (I've got NT/DT//SoBH installed) alter the Inn? I couldn't even CLUA my way in...

Edited by andy d., 04 May 2006 - 04:39 PM.

Listen to Crass

#35 andy d.

andy d.
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:22 AM

...now when I try to leave the tower (through the doorway to the right) the game freezes.
Oh dear.
Listen to Crass

#36 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

Is Haeball suppose to initiate some quest? The read me seems to indicate as much, but I only have two dialog options with him, buy something or end the conversation. Is there some trigger Im missing?

#37 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:40 AM

You`ll only get the quest after speaking with Hassadar(if i remember his name correctly) in Baldurs Gate

#38 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:21 AM

I had a problem re-entering Friendly Arm after Chptr:2...got a CTD and a corrupted SAV. Do any of your mods (I've got NT/DT//SoBH installed) alter the Inn? I couldn't even CLUA my way in...

Those areas are only changed by an area script. Actually only the outside area. Nothing inside the tower. You may have another mod causing this or some other problem.

Classic Adventures

#39 Gorlash

Gorlash
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:08 AM

You`ll only get the quest after speaking with Hassadar(if i remember his name correctly) in Baldurs Gate

Are you referring to Brother Hasdan?? Every time I talk to him, it just says
"this person will not talk with you" ...

#40 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

I` ve already answered this quesion in this topic http://www.shsforums...showtopic=20319 :)